Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sainted Chevalier tales

Blog Entries
    There's exactly no indication that Merlin was a user of True Magic, and we know he's not an Einzbern. So what.

Also, that justification for the scouter is frankly, really really dumb. Beyond stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    Except the Third doesn't work that way Lantz.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Is Not Into Bondage View Post
    So, just to clarify, by "good," you really meant "better than before?"
    Since you asked - yes. Apologies for not choosing the appropriate phrasing, and causing confusion.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Never said Merlin was a true Magician. Magic requires a trigger, in this case the Third which is a creation magic requires visualization.

Specifically this is the use of infinite mana Satoshi now has. He needs a form to fill with mana. Thus he visualized a scouter as it's a common place representation of the functionality that he needed. Namely a device to detect a power source.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ...The Third is about the creation of the soul.

Blog Entries
    Yes Arch it is about the creation of the Soul. And your point is? The Third magic specifically gives the user infinite mana by altering their soul. It's changes the soul so that it no longer needs a body. I read it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I can't even. What I mean is how in the fuck does the third allow him to project a fucking Scouter. How?!?

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    ...The Third is about the creation of the soul.
    Actually no. It is about materialization.

Making the soul a material thing rather then just a spiritual body, along with other things.

But it can't create a soul, that is just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Third is about becoming Arc but Arc is a Saber Clone now so the Third is actually the magic that allows one to become a Saber Clone.

Blog Entries
    The scouter is merely a mold for the mana to gain form. With enough mana you can create anything. More mana, more power. It's why Rin's attacked did not just bounce off Hercules. The scouter is a visualization. I chose it because it's well known in both Japan and North America and has relevance to Satoshi as the obvious choice of object.

dunno about that 100% knick. True Magic is weird.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    Actually no. It is about materialization.

Making the soul a material thing rather then just a spiritual body, along with other things.

But it can't create a soul, that is just crazy.
    How does this transfer from manifesting a soul to make a fucking Scouter.

Also there's this.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    brb changing my IRL name to Alexander Emiya Pendragon
    That would make for excellent conversation starters.

Blog Entries
    He's using the second effect, the infinite mana. Not the third itself. He's using other means to create the object in question.

which is where I say read Of Swords and Sorcery. Because that's where he learns the spells.

Any other works one should read to make sense of your narrative? Do I need to read something else before Swords & Sorcery?

Blog Entries
    You don't have to read it to make sense of things Solo. I was making a joke because of how my simple attempt to tell that story has been repeatedly attacked and complained about

Your stories are hardly simple. All of the ones you post seem to be inter-related through some means (usually Satoshi) but on top of most being unfinished, they also don't appear to be in order. You can't seem to properly convey to people why some things are necessary ( like the scouter) or how they make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomos View Post
    Your stories are hardly simple. All of the ones you post seem to be inter-related through some means (usually Satoshi) but on top of most being unfinished, they also don't appear to be in order. You can't seem to properly convey to people why some things are necessary ( like the scouter) or how they make sense.
    Perfect definition of a Mary Sue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KosakiFag View Post
    Why don't you love him too then?
    You're both Grails.

Blog Entries
    Yes Solo some are interconnected, see I grew up with Comics, Starwars and StarTrek. Intercontinuity is a real thing. Given who Swords and Sorcery is really about yes the story isn't simple. But my desire to tell it without getting badgered and attacked is simple.

I'd have finished Swords and Sorcery if not for the ridiculous crap I have gotten for every little thing. It's on the back burner until polite demand is high enough. Till then hate as you wish. Imma be over here writing for fun.

I guess Sword and Sorcery will never be finished. Which then means part of your interwoven narratives will always be lacking.

Blog Entries
    A bleak and also incorrect interpretation of the case at hand Solo.

there are many ways to tell that story, even if you don't directly tell it. That aside it's a fun story and that's what I'm writing for, fun.

spoilers btw the true main character is Aoko.

The...................... ............. qwertyfatcat's Avatar
    Satoshi is a god mode fixer jerkass stu. He controls the entire system, instantly defeats two main antagonists right from the very beginning effortlessly, and is orchestrating everything to alter fate to his whims all while treating the people he meets like shit. This is fact Lantz. There is no bias in this statement since he really is doing the classic stuff.

Asides from that, Satoshi is an ass to literally everybody he's met in the story so far no repercussions (another Stu aspect), everybody except for Satoshi are treated very crappily in this story, Kiritsugu shouldn't be here even with the third, this is another 5th war with changes fic, conversations are stilted as everybody else has stated, and the humour is Satoshi treating people like shit and shoving a scouter in the story. Satoshi could literally make anything else, but a scouter is just out of place. That's like having Emiya Shirou using the hidden blade from the assassin's creed games because it looks cool.

To sum it up, Satoshi has absolute control over the plot, the story treats all the characters except for Satoshi like crap, the jokes aren't really funny, and there's no real tension, especially with Gil and Kotomine dead. You can say whatever you want about this comment, but if you think that this story is perfect the way it is so it doesn't have to be changed, then more people are going to be saying stuff like this. I'm not here to insult you or your story, but you risk alienating viewers even further if this keeps up.

Last edited by qwertyfatcat; February 5th, 2015 at 02:08 AM.

Dear god, this fucking bastard...... Taunts my fucking childhood.