Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sainted Chevalier tales

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sainted Chevalier tales

Sainted Chevalier tales, la Embattled Pucelle.

Chapter one: Altering the facts.

Deep in a dank cavern sits a man-made holy vessel. A route to the Origin, if one were to believe its creators. Now little more than a perpetual motion machine for the world's evil. The wish granting powers its lesser form possessed and the path to the root of all things were neither sought or needed by the man standing at the foot of the ruined engine known as the Greater Grail.

He smiled and stretched his arm skyward.

"Emiya is the only one capable of being host to you”, he declared. “This truth shall remain evident through all worlds”.

Suddenly, the grinding sound of footsteps on rocky ground echoed across the cavern, interrupting the blond's speech. Turning his head, he found two men rushing towards him at an inhuman pace. The first was a priest with swords known as Black Keys in hand and a disturbing aura, the second a youthful man dressed in golden armour.

Both men were dangerous, the word menace could easily fit either individual. Their power and control surpassed even that of the users of True Magic in one way or another. Except, that is, for the one watching them.

Rather than wait, the man dropped to the base floor of cavern from the cliff-like edge where he stood. The two skidded to a stop seeing him land, creating a crater in the floor.

"Kirei Kotomine and Gilgamesh, reprobate priest and supposed King of Heroes respectively", the blond greeted the two in a manner most would consider suicidal.

Kirei immediately started speaking, if only to stop the Heroic Spirit from slaughtering the twenty-something green-eyed blonde.

"Since it is obvious that you know us, might you spare us your name?" the priest asked in his usual matter-of-fact way.

"I am the Third Magician, Satoshi Alexander Emiya Pendragon," the man replied. "Unfortunately, you and Giggles got here late; I already forfeited the power Angra had by drawing it away from the Grail, meaning you and he", he shrugged. "Oh, well – you are already dead."

Kirei felt a faintness in his chest and turned to see the King of Heroes fading into nothingness. He tried to speak, but simply seized in place before falling limp.

"Sacrificed selfishly for man's desires and sins, left alone in rage and sorrow, I beckon across time and space as a kindred soul. Join me, share your hatred and madness and I share my love and truth. For we two are, now and forever, Avengers", he proclaimed with a grin.

The mass of mud comprising the world's evil congealed into a human form. At first it was paper-like and floppy, it lurched in a zombie-like fashion towards Satoshi who merely reached out a hand. The moment it touched the sorcerer, it gained detail and physical weight, causing it to fall backward.

A youth, about twenty with black hair, dark skin and tattoos but otherwise naked stood up. "You're my master, cool... I guess", he said in a flippant way as he looked over the oddly-dressed man who'd summoned him.

Satoshi frowned, firstly because he could sense Angra's disapproval of his clothes and secondly because the Avenger spirit lacked any clothing period.

'Seriously, what's wrong with my fashion sense?' Satoshi thought. 'A long-sleeved shirt and jeans is pretty ordinary, I mean, OK, the return of Superman silver and black isn't as popular as the original but, still.... Maybe Avenger doesn't like the long coat, Dad and Archer wear it, I mean, mine is more coat than half cape but come on, it's freaking cool. And I totally pull this off, right?'

Avenger sighed. "Um, master, if I apologize for the curt hello can I have some clothes?" he asked.

Satoshi snapped from his thoughts. "Uh, yeah, sure, just pick a style or whatever", he replied.

"Well, I usually have this red sash-like cloth with me, so something basic and easy to wear I guess", the golden-eyed servant said thoughtfully.

Satoshi paused for a moment and created a set of clothes. Combat boots and an urban camouflage uniform with a red, black and gray pattern.

"I can add a vest or whatever if you like", he mentioned, reaching out a hand towards the remaining mud.

"No, that's fine", Avenger replied, watching Satoshi destroy the curse by emitting magical energy from his hands like a flamethrower.

"Now for the other two. I need you to steal a certain pendant from Rin Tohsaka, it's kinda heart shaped, here, use this, we have a week before the grail war participants start summoning heroes, I'll revive the others and meet you in the basement of Kotomine Church", Satoshi instructed.

Avenger caught the object, a white device with a red glass-like eyepiece at the front.

"You're just taking the piss, admit it", he declared.

"Shutup and put on the scouter!" Satoshi snapped.

Avenger frowned. "But, seriously, why?"

"Because you can't sense Servants at range, and you can't tell a magic gem from a normal one and because you'll look like bloody obsessive nerd who she won't look twice at, now go!" Satoshi shouted, clearly annoyed.

Avenger quickly exited the cave knowing he pushed his luck perhaps an inch too far.

"Seriously, he's like a six year old", Satoshi remarked.

With his Servant gone, he ascended the cliff face with a single leap and began chanting a spell.

Rin was returning from school, her plan had been calculated to the minute. Summoning a Saber as her Servant was essential to her winning the Grail War. So she thought at least, others would disagree with that, many descended from Shirou Emiya.

Her fate would normally be as many know: summon heroic spirit EMIYA, fall in love, be parted. Often in tragic fashion fitting with the Emiya name. Today however, as with any day which starts with “and then the True Magician did X”, she would no longer be bound to fate. Avenger had found her and, with relative ease, entered her apartment.

The pendant was easily stolen, but sadly this Avenger was not a master of subtlety. Having acquired his quarry, he jumped out the large front windows of the Tohsaka manor. Needless to say, Rin quite obviously heard the commotion and came to find her valuables gone and no-one around. Were it just the pendant, Rin would perhaps not be so enraged and disturbed by the theft. However they stole the pendant, her gems and her clothes, of all things.

Rin, of course, was good at the bluffing part of her image, so during the next four hours of police reports, as well as an embarrassing conversation with Taiga Fujimura, had just happened by the area, she managed to conceal her burning rage.

Unfortunately, this wound up with three side effects. The first was being stuck with Fujimura as her primary caretaker for the evening, the second was being forced to eat dinner at the Emiya household with her estranged sister. The third and probably the most important effect was that Rin Tohsaka discovered that Shirou Emiya was a magus.

This certainly would affect the coming war in many ways, but for now the only thing this impromptu visit caused was Issei Ryudou having a minor panic attack during the next day at school.

Kiritsugu Emiya, formerly the Magus Killer, currently confused. Turning to his supposed grandson, his face contorted to find the words to express exactly what had been bothering him.

"I've understood basically everything, except, well... How exactly do you have the third magic?" he asked the youthful blond.

"A wizard did it", Satoshi replied with a grin.

"Don't be smart, you may be older than I am but your immortality won't stop me from spanking you back to the Stone Age", Kiritsugu rebutted.

"I wasn't being smart," Satoshi stated as the two approached the now vacant church. "Merlin used me as a fuse, my Origin became a breaker at the last minute and allowed me to survive and transcend the confines of normalcy, thus I obtained or became the Third Magic. The difference is honestly nonexistent - immortality is what it is."

Kiritsugu paused and decided that asking why Merlin was involved was a stupid question. After all, it was obvious who the young man's mother was.

Entering the church, the two found Avenger hiding between the pews, pilfered goods in hand. Satoshi reached out his hand, and the tattooed servant relinquished the pendant.

"I'm going to need a few minutes, Grandpa," Satoshi stated as he was leaving, heading for the courtyard. "Be prepared, our new guest might want to fist fight – oh, and get some priest robes. Gross, I know, but we have to look the part. Rin and company will be here any minute - Kirei was her caretaker and with this pendant stolen she'll be scrambling to get an alternate catalyst for the summoning."

Kiritsugu sighed. Deception was a part of war, but having to dress as Kirei Kotomine was revolting. Still, he knew it was the best strategy and so, dragging Avenger with him, the assassin left to change clothes.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looks good.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Banned
    Blog Entries
    >Good

...You're fucking kidding me.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    sasuga magos
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Looks good.
    I'd really, really like to know what about this you think looks good. Honestly, I'm not trolling. I really genuinely want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    sasuga magos
    OK, do you want me to offer constructive criticism?

Here's some.

-At least the grammar isn't as atrocious as it has been.

-Dialogue feels stilted and unnatural, you need to fix that

-Why the third magician shit. Why must you keep insisting on giving Satoshi more and more powers that make no sense and violate suspension of disbelief even further than you have already

-Satoshi gave avenger a fucking DBZ scouter. Why. Why would he need this. Why would you mention this. Why does this even exist? Why does Satoshi ramble on about his dad and capes and crap? It isn't funny, it isn't insightful, all it shows is the amazing lack of personality displayed by everyone in here.

-Context, this needs context. A load of it. I have no idea who this Satoshi guy is except he's the third magician that can somehow grab DBZ items, and this is all played totally straight rather than as a joke. Context. GIVE ME CONTEXT OR THIS MAKES NO SENSE!

-Actually, something that could sum this all up would be 'Why'? Why is the title so... unrelated. Why isn't Tales capitalized in it? Why is Satoshi manipulating everything. Why is his full name so god damn senseless. Do some research on Japanese names for gods sakes lantz.
    Last edited by Arch-Magos Winter; February 3rd, 2015 at 03:46 PM.

brb changing my IRL name to Alexander Emiya Pendragon

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    >Good

...You're fucking kidding me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Is Not Into Bondage View Post
    I'd really, really like to know what about this you think looks good. Honestly, I'm not trolling. I really genuinely want to know.
    This, mostly:

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    -At least the grammar isn't as atrocious as it has been.
    You don't want to know what it looked like before.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    This, mostly:

You don't want to know what it looked like before.
    So, just to clarify, by "good," you really meant "better than before?"

- - - Updated - - -

And I've betaed Lantz's shit, I can easily imagine what it looked like before being edited.

SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Is there a reason you two come into every one of Lantz's threads if you hate what he writes?

I mean, it's completely pointless. You've been doing it so long it seems like petty and pointlessly over exaggerated flaming by now.

Just put him on ignore and go on with your lives.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    I'll second a lot of what Magos has to say.

The dialogue is awkward at best, the Third Magic is gimmicky and silly, the scouter is aggressively unnecessary and nothing makes sense. Your explanation for how Satoshi would have come by the Third Magic is nonsensical at best. "Became a breaker" -- I don't think that is how it works. Rin is foolish but not so brain dead as to mistake Kerry for Kirei.

That Satoshi is so powerful he could yank Avenger out of the Grail and one-shot both Kirei and Gilgamesh makes the entire Kerry deception pointless in the first place. He could just go over to the Tohsaka mansion and swipe the pendant himself if he's that godawfully powerful. Not to mention: What does Avenger possibly have to gain by helping Satoshi?

And the mood swings. Oh god, the mood swings. The first section is written with a sense of sobriety as if this is all meant to be taken so seriously, but then we have scouters and Satoshi quipping about Avenger's immaturity. It's not so much comic relief as it is a lack of narrative focus, methinks. But, again, I'm going to bang on about why Satoshi would go the trouble of handing him something as ridiculous a scouter when Avenger would tell him to fuck off and Satoshi doesn't need a flunky anyway.

It's pretty broken from the ground up. A for effort, but try again with clarity and consistency

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    Is there a reason you two come into every one of Lantz's threads if you hate what he writes?

I mean, it's completely pointless. You've been doing it so long it seems like petty and pointlessly over exaggerated flaming by now.

Just put him on ignore and go on with your lives.
    They're trying to make up for their profound internal emptyness, just like Shirou, where in this case we treat psycho martyr complex and internet rager as more or less equivalent.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Lantz is Magos' white whale.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    The only reason I've posted so far was because I wanted to know what Kieran thought was good about it.

Blog Entries
    I'm surprised why anyone bothers with criticism at this point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I'm surprised why anyone bothers with criticism at this point.
    I'm bored and putting off doing something productive with my day.

Blog Entries
    You know, if you have something productive to do, do it now. I don't have myself ;_;

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    I'm bored and putting off doing something productive with my day.
    This. And leo hit the nail on the head in my case as well.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Imperial

Character explanations are not word of God dude. Satoshi is trying to put an event into words which is not explainable by words as far as he can see.

changing clothes is not Kiritsugu looking like Kirei, once again that is a mistake on your part. As with the Archer/Shirou thing in swords and sorcery you've read it wrong.

the scouter is actually needed for two reasons. Firstly it's a demonstration of how the third works. Secondly a showing of Satoshi's attitude.

the rest of your complaints or criticisms (I'm honestly having trouble figuring out which is which) can be answered with two statements.

Merlin is the man who taught him magic. Secondly, Avenger is not a flunky.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Except the Third doesn't work that way Lantz.