Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 71215161718192227 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate Prototype Fragments of Blue and Silver - Fan Translation

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    The guy who summons Rider appears in Rider's first chapter. He almost gets killed for using Nefertari's necklace as a catalyst.
    I was talking more Perseus and his master. Actually, since the whole clan was wiped out, who was taking care of him in Prototype? There was mention of them being magi who kept him alive for the sake of keeping him alive even though it was killing him, but who were they then if the Isemi clan is dead? What obligation do they have to take care of some other magi who's close to death anyway?

Sorry, if I'm being roundabout, I'm just trying to connect some pieces.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle PhoenixRising's Avatar
    Here is the last part of Special Act: Women.

Part 3-A:
    Spoiler:

To my dear heroes…...
    Even if the cup perplexes you……
    Even if the evil dragon appears…...

The precious things …...
    Must never be wasted……
    I don’t care which one of you does it……

For the world……
    Please……

(An excerpt from some graffiti on an Ikebukuro back-alley wall)

Part 3-B:
    Spoiler:

???: “――――Women.”

The man said.
    It was a place where not even light shined.
    There, was something that was undoutably molded by the darkness.

The Greater Grail underneath Tokyo.

It was a imitation Grail that had been secretly taken by one of the hundreds of cardinals who were at the centre of the Holy Church, truly it could be said that it is an existence that became of this Holy Grail War being carried out in this far eastern city of Tokyo, but it had a different significance to the man standing at the bottom of that darkness.

Was this thing, ever a sacred cup?

He had already discovered, that the true form of the miraculous device which runs by receiving the souls of all 7 Servants――――or rather the blood of the Heroic Spirits who were called forth as Servants whilst engraving their name onto human history.

It wasn’t like the girl who served as his true master and not as his Master had granted him an answer.
    He had reached the hidden truth, by guessing, and analysing it by himself.
    The Holy Grail, wasn’t an omnipotent wish granting device like that Mages Association and Cardinals had stated.

Even so……

The man didn’t change his stance on it.
    This body, had already carried out a betrayal that could be called ‘high treason’.
    There’d be no second time.

The man was clearly stipulating on where he was standing.

Man: “Many heroes were lost, and many tears were shed.”

While standing in front of the darkness which was the Greater Grail, the man――――Caster closed his eyes.
    Many were sacrified to this.
    And, now, this hellish cauldrom that wasn’t the Holy Grail was wishing for a further great number of sacrifices.

Caster:
    “O’ woman who were art a mother. Your noble Heroic Spirit has perished.”

If Archer had seen this scene, he would expose the mysteries of his Noble Phantasm almost immediately.

But, he was already no longer here.
    The Master that he had left behind was only crying and sobbing in the Tokyo night.
    She didn’t have any power whatsover, anymore.

Caster: “O’ woman who were art poison. You couldn’t find that piece of justice whatsoever.”

If it was that Master and Berserker, as expected, they would face the Greater Grail even if it meant throwing away everything.
    But, they had both already perished.
    The thing which was his Master's corpse was just being embraced by the pitiful poisonous girl.

Caster: “O’ woman who were art a person. You still haven’t achieved your wish yet.”

Lancer, would also, right, never permit the name of her beloved Sigurd to be disgraced.
    But, she had already perished.
    If this was the Age of the Gods there was some possibility of her obtaining it, but her lord’s hands could never reach this 20th century far eastern city.

Caster: “O’ women, and, the heroes who have fallen in these past days for the sake of their wishes.”

The heroes had perished.
    The ones remaining were just the tears of the women.
    Even now, this city called Tokyo was just waiting for the cursed, yet terrifying promised time.

Caster: “……..And yet……”

――――There was still, a true hero who was trying to save the world.
    ――――Who hadn’t arrived here yet.
    ――――Just as, the quickening beast who will devour this city was shaking in the darkness.

Part 3-C:
    Spoiler:

???:
    “Thank You.’
    ???: “Huh?’
    ???: “You deserve the credit. I finally know now what it is that I must do.”

The time wasn’t now.
    In a place that wasn’t here.
    Clad in blue and silver the knight, wil probably say it to an innocent child one day.

As a king trying to save his ruined country, no.
    As a Heroic Spirit who fights seeking the Grail, no……

???: “There are times, when the decision itself, is the answer.”

As just one-------.

Part 3-D:
    Spoiler:

Caster: “Although……”

The man raised his head, in the depths of the darkness.
    Hs gaze had just disappeared into the dyed-black space, but at the end of it, there should’ve been the surface of Tokyo.
    A far eastern city where lots of people surpassing roughly 10 million lived, in the year 1991 at the end of the 20th century.
    A great capital where you could obtain even the consumer desires achieved by modern civilisation, showing a scene that was like stars falling to the ground at night.

Was there something there?
    Yet, when will I reach here which was at the end of my despair?

Caster: “He’ll probably subjugate it.”

The man said.
    Including some sort of wish.

Caster: “Tearing up all of the evil, that is surely, in this world.”

The man said.
    Including one thought.

Caster: “――――――To make his justice, widely known.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I was talking more Perseus and his master. Actually, since the whole clan was wiped out, who was taking care of him in Prototype? There was mention of them being magi who kept him alive for the sake of keeping him alive even though it was killing him, but who were they then if the Isemi clan is dead? What obligation do they have to take care of some other magi who's close to death anyway?

Sorry, if I'm being roundabout, I'm just trying to connect some pieces.
    Maybe the Mages Association found him when they were investigating and observing the Holy Grail War.
    Its also possible that he was being taken care of by a branch family or some other magus family who was close to the clan and was interested in the Grail.
    Sorry, these are just guesses since there's not much info on him.

I honestly can't get a read on Paracelsus. One moment he's a conniving prick, and the other moment he's this melodramatic lost guy. If this is intentional, good job Sakurai. Also, please live Elsa. Live and never return to Japan again. For your own safety and sanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    Maybe the Mages Association found him when they were investigating and observing the Holy Grail War.
    Its also possible that he was being taken care of by a branch family or some other magus family who was close to the clan and was interested in the Grail.
    Sorry, these are just guesses since there's not much info on him.
    Yeah, the other family branch makes sense. Maybe there were similar to Perseus's master too.

Hi guys,

Here is Act 2 of Arc 5 of Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments.
    I going to have to divide this a bit more since there are a couple of heavy sections in this chapter.

PART 1-A:
    Spoiler:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Holy Grail that is being filled by the girl.
    What does the Heroic Spirit who serves Manaka desire―――?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On a Certain Day in February, 1991.
    Midnight.
    Close to JR Ikebukuro Station, Toshima Ward in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ???: “My fellow people who are similar to my master, won’t you reciprocate and share your power to me?”

Assassin, mused over the words as she was standing still in the darkness of the city.
    They were the words that Caster emitted when he manifested as a Servant like herself.
    There was a quiet reverberation.
    If she had heard and surmised the proper context of it, then it was telling her as if to give her guidance, if it had detestable contents then ordinary people would frown their face.
    Her way of telling which had the composure of a great scholar who had studied for a long time, made her bad habits all the more prominent.

But, Assassin felt nothing.
    She accepted her master’s orders.
    If so, then she’d only move into action later.

For the sake of her noble master who she would win her way through the Holy Grail War for――――for that person Manaka Sajyou, truly, until she exhausted her power……
    Until the time when she’d change into a piece of aether after her temporary body crumbled away, she’d just continue to add to the prana that remained in her body.
    If it was necessary, she wouldn’t care even if her spiritual core would offer her foolish soul.

Assassin: “Lady Manaka. My Master.”

She treaded one step from the darkness.
    In the Tokyo night where starlight did not make much sense, the moonlight that can become an exceptional light source lit up her face.
    It wasn’t her true face.
    It was a mask.
    It was something that she wore to cover her face from when she had her life as a human, before she was engraved as a Heroic Spirit on the throne, it was a white skull that was made to look very well like something that the successive heads of the Assassin Order wore once.

A mask that imitated death.
    More than her dark brown body and her black clothes that suited the night, it was looked like, there was a single floating skull there, in the shadows that were raised by the countless buildings built by the city.
    A black stagehand and a white skeleton, it suited the image of a reaper told about in West European stories, was it the proper result of it, or was it hugely ironic?
    Without knowing if there was another head, if she had to say it herself, Assassin thought that if it was certainly the latter surely……

It was currently the 14th day since she manifested――――or rather she should say that it was the 14th day of the Holy Grail War――――even now, the “11 p.m.[1]. Death Mary” that was rightly spoken on late night radio, was finally changing into the form of modern reapers.
    It started only the day before yesterday, but it had already, reached how many.

Assassin: “I’ll offer myself as much as you like. For you, who are more nobler than the moon at night.”

It wasn’t a prayer spilling from her lips.
    It was just nothing but a declaration, just to show her infinite gratitude.
    At the time it was past 2 am late at night.

If she was searching for humans for the purpose of devouring their souls, or rather securing her Prana supply, it was an avoidable time slot, but she had decided to not completely limit her activities as a reaper.
    She couldn’t move by using the city transportation network which were the buses and trains, but it wasn’t a problem now in this time slot because the crowds had already disappeared.
    If the likelihood of encountering the yakuza who operate in the shopping districts at night had risen, right, it didn’t concern her anymore.
    But more than having received her master’s orders, she was just earnestly fulfilling her duty.
    For example, even if a group that were secretly armed and using unlawful means were her opponent――――

???: “……………..!”

Ahh, she heard a voice.

One feeble voice, was being raised seeking help.
    The voice that said it was coming from this side.

This city at night, and especially this back alley resembled a natural forest somewhere.
    The herbivorous animals that misfortunately and foolishly lose their way, are attacked by groups of carnivorous beasts who spill their drool and bare their fangs, and then torn up, ripped up to be eaten, and then greedily devoured.
    Even in this modern era called the 20th century, the ways of the darkness weren’t so different from when Assassin was alive.

Were there enough differences for a percentage?
    Just one breath remained in that spot, as Assassin’s figure disappeared.
    Complete transparency.
    It was different from the spiritualisation where obtains the invisibility trait by utilising and configuring a Servant’s body with the aether in it, and it was also different from the transparency used by optical means.

To be precise, it was her Presence Concealment skill.
    It was a supernatural skill that her body was endowed with when she manifested as Assassin.
    Even if she were to proceed boldly through the streets like this, ordinary people wouldn’t be able to see Assassin’s form whose presence was severed to an extreme degree.

The staggering drunkards that were passing by, weren’t even able to stupidly notice a cat capable of using night vision, much less her.
    Even in her lifetime she could acquire all kinds of concealment skills, that varied to some extent in theory and details.

Rather, was it close to the magic handled by Mages?
    Without anyone else seeing her, without knowing, Assassin had reached her destination.

Without anyone else seeing her, without knowing, Assassin had reached her destination.

As expected a back alley.
    It was gloomy.

――――There they are.
    One young woman, and 5 males.

Male 1: “This is the one that boss Gondou said was a fine woman.”
    Male 2: “Brats walking around our turf at this time in an Itabashi girls’ uniform is enough of a tale for him.”
    Male 3: “You're surprisingly well-informed.”
    Male 4: “Heh, well look what we got here. Ain’t she a cute little cuttlefish! She’s just my type!”
    Male 5: “Aww she’s trembling how cute. It’s a bonus, a bonus. Let’s have some fun with her before we give her to the boss.”

The males’ physiques as they crowded around the woman who was sitting on the ground were sufficient enough.
    The contents of their statements comprised of expressions unique to the Yakuza, but they were probably youths who controlled the illegal prostitution rings and aimlessly wandered the streets around the vicinity of the JR Ikebukuro station.
    It was some rule of this city’s darkness, and they were its subcontractors or so to speak.
    Their speaking style was saying that that they were wannabees even if it wasn’t absolutely all of them.
    [1] For some reason it said in the Japanese version 午前 (A.M.) instead of 午後 (P.M.). So I corrected it based on previous chapters. It’s probably just a typo.

PART 1-B:
    Spoiler:

Woman: “……That person, no I’m not her. I, I haven’t done anything wrong.”

The woman racked her voice.
    The lips and tip of her tongue were trembling, was it because she was scared?

Male 2: “Yeah yeah, everybody says that. So what you’re saying is “Kyaaa, help me!” because you haven’t laid waste to our turf yet? Try screaming like before, and maybe a copper will come and save ya.”
    Male 5: “Of course we’ll beat the shit out of ya before ya even scream.”
    Male 4 : “Hyahahaha, that’s for sure!”
    M ale 3: “We know already! You really like smacking women, don’t cha”

The woman gulped down her saliva having lost the continuation of her words, to the blatant males’ intentional coercion.

The woman’s age was probably right in her latter teens,
    The uniform that she wore, probably belonged to a high school student.
    So she would be commonly called, a female high school student.

In Shinjuku and Ueno, furthermore here in downtown Ikebukuro, there aren’t many women here at night in Tokyo that carry the means of acquiring money by using the materialistic appeal of their own bodies, but she being a youth like this would enter a class that was comparably rarer.
    If the times were even a little bit different, it probably wouldn’t be a bit strange for them to be standing in the streets in their teens, but Assassin perceived this modern era of 1991 as such.
    If that kind of woman continued to act like this without the protection of an organisation, I wonder what would happen?

Regardless of the era there was no big difference between them.
    Since it was in the state of an oligopoly with many businesses in this city’s darkness centred on illegal organisations, they would inevitably arrive at a suitable retribution.

If they were connected to even a bit of that darkness, someday that darkness itself would win them over.
    It was a common situation, and there were probably people who manipulated it without end.
    But it was a scene that she shouldn’t be paying too much attention to――――

Assassin: “I’ll have you, let go of her.”

Assassin, declared as she released her Presence Concealment.
    Standing in front of these men, it was just like she was protecting the woman like this.

Male 1: “……Huh!?”
    Male 2: “Hey, where’d she come from?”
    Male 3: “Somehow her eyes feel a bit weird?”
    Male 4: “Idiot take a good look at her, she’s got a smoking hot body! Which shop did you come from, Ms. Foreigner?
    Male 5: “What the hell ain’t she the pin-up gal! Hey Suzuno-chan, is she your pal?”

The male’s reactions regarding the fact that she had appeared out of nowhere was weak.
    Were they on some drug, or in a drunken state due to alcohol, or were they just complete idiots?
    Or they might have a viewpoint seated in bravery, either way Assassin couldn’t be bothered, to have such deep thoughts.

There was just one point that she had to careful about.
    The existence of the surrounding shadows.

She had to avoid them as much as possible, otherwise there would be a huge uproar.

Male 1:
    “Hey are you listening to me!? What the hell is that, a mask!?”
    Male 5: “No way. Fine. Hey I’m Ali. Don’t you look wonderfully arousing?”
    Male 2: “You’d probably beat that foreign woman too. You really like doing that doncha?”
    Ali: “Haha! Well of course, after all it was this bad habit that sent me pissing off to Juvi.”
    Male 3: “Hey, I’ve got this weird feeling about her, be careful man.”

Well at least one of them, seemed to have some good sense in them.
    He had a pale complexion, with greasy sweat pouring out of him as he carefully stared at her skull mask.

The rest well were much the same.
    Their eyes were glued on the half-naked woman who was baring her body, their eyes were lighting up on how should they disgrace her, and again on how should they inflict violence on her.
    Having been exposed to their desire and accustomed gazes, Assassin sighed a little.
    She had recognised it in her soul-devouring days which spanned these past 10 days, but really, people will never change not in the past or even now.

They were a creature called a person.
    They were being careless just because I was looked like a young woman.
    Certainly, this body is a body that can be compared to a girl’s, but――――

If men are the carnivorous beasts that roam about the city at night, then their non-tense state is equal to them rolling down on the ground and displaying their bellies.
    It was nothing but an extremely foolish action.

Male 5: “Don’t you have a sexy sigh?”

There was probably one action that she must adopt.

Male 2: “Take off that mask.

If they were gonna bark and howl, then she might as well ready her resolve.

Male 4: “It’s fine. It’s more than fine. I’ll just smash it to bits.”

She’ll measure her opponents before they bare their fangs anymore.

Male 1:
    “Well, don’t die. Even if you’re addicted to dope, all things go down the same way like in a bathtub.”

First the first one.
    She’ll kill the guy with the most overbearing conduct.
    ――――Nope, she killed him.

The man’s words were blurring, as she had deeply dug her black blade into his forehead.
    The dirk that Assassin soundlessly threw penetrated his skull destroying his brain.
    Still not aware of what had happened, or what had occurred, the first male left this earth.

Next, the second one.
    Seeing the dirk thrown into the nearby man’s brain, the man immediately, turn his hands to the weapon that was hidden inside his jacket.
    She couldn’t judge the level of his limits, but he seemed more capable at adapting to violence more than the others.

Assassin internally assessed him, as no big deal.
    Of course, her method of handling him hadn’t changed.
    Taking just a large step forward, bang, she shortened the distance.

2nd Male:
    “Tch……!”

The 2nd Man was overstating it, he was probably intending to unsheathe a handheld gun or a knife, but she wouldn’t allow it.
    Since Assassin was at such a point-blank range that their bodies were touching, furthermore as his elbow was pinned, he couldn’t shake his arm.

She wouldn’t let him take out his weapon.
    It was already too late, when he thought “Shit!”

It was a blow to the neck.
    Slicing through his neck with her white bladed dirk, he died.

His head which had been severed from his body, dropped onto the asphalt road together with the red that blew out of him.

And at the same time, the 3rd male was also already annihilated――――Assassin’s attack with her dirk didn’t end just once, swinging it intermittently with her dance, the 3rd one who was standing stock still in shock received a direct hit.

Having caught the blade directly with his face, his life ended while showing different expressions on the upper and lower halves of his face.

Woman:
    “……………!”

Letting out a silent scream the woman――――the female high school student fainted.
    It looked like her eyes met with one of the fallen heads.
    The whites of her eyes opened wide as they spun, and she fell onto the cold asphalt helpless.

PART 1-C:
    Spoiler:

4th Man: “A, a, a, ahhhh……!”

The scream, belonged to the 4th man.
    He hadn’t avoided Assassin’s blade dance.

She had completely severed his right wrist which was located on top of the tracks drawn by her blade.
    As blood spilled from the cross-section of his arteries, he weakly sunk down onto the road.
    Although he tried to scream at the very beginning, was it out of shock due to the blood loss, regardless of it, it immediately changed into an awfully thin groan.
    Ahh, that tone, it was more feminine than the screams of the woman that resounded through the alley just before.

He could barely spill out the words “Help me,” before he finally bled to death.
    The 5th man, now that it’s become like this was already at the height of resignation.

No wonder.
    In those few seconds, his companions who were putting on airs as the rulers of this alley had turned into corpses one by one, so one could say that him punching the back of the building’s wall and backing off while trembling fiercely to the point that one could mistake it for cramps was a very suitable response to it.

Male 2: “Wh, what the hell……I’ve never heard about this……of course you’re cracking done on stealing our turf aren’t ya……. B, but to specially, send a foreign hitman……. which idiot was it…….?”
    Assassin: “A hitman, huh?”

Impulsively, Assassin twisted her lips.

Assassin:
    “Yes, that’s right. I’m not a reaper. I’m, at best a hitman.”
    Male 2: “Eh!?”

Having witnessed her attractive gestures with her hand right on her mouth, and her girlish tone that was seemingly bashful somewhere――――in her shy manner, the man absentmindedly gaped at her.
    The supernatural tension that was due to personally seeing the gruesome murders, became relaxed.
    The rest was too easy.
    With no footsteps, Assassin quietly approached him, putting both of her hands gently on his face.

Assassin: “Here’s your proper reward.”

A fatal kiss.
    Not even 2 seconds lapsed, before the 5th one’s mental functions completely stopped.
    After that, there was just the woman who had fainted at Assassin herself.

Assassin: “……Novice.”

A drop of blood was stuck, to her skull mask.
    Even though she must return to her master’s side, this was bad.
    Assassin thought, “I mustn’t show such a dirty form to her.”

She must cleanse herself.
    Even if her master was truly sent by the heavens, as expected, it’s a necessary act.
    I mustn’t dirty this supreme being and I mustn’t approach her with this filth.

???: “Don’t bother, Lady Manaka won’t see you.”

And then――――a voiceless voice echoed inside her skull.
    It wasn’t a pleasant feeling.
    It was a type of long-range communication magic, performed by Caster.
    It seemed to be well suited to them as it was something that Masters and Servant could use, but Assassin couldn’t actually comprehend it.

Caster:
    “Of course. That’s true about me as well. There is no other besides just that one person in the past, present, and future, that she will look at with those friendly, clear eyes. You, must know this too.”
    Assassin: “……”

She was diligently, silent.
    Assassin couldn’t fully answer him.
    That Heroic Spirit was calling to her at every interval, was it something, that she could absolutely answer?

After all she had grasped, that sort of thing ages ago.
    Her and Caster were nothing more than tools.
    Only one out of the 6 Servants must be burned in the Grail.
    The one that the girl who must be in a greatly high place is seeking, is just one person.

No.
    Just one Servant.

――――I no longer, desire anything else.
    ――――Manaka Sajyou should remain in this world, as just, my master.
    ――――Even though I chose her.
    ――――Why am I, thinking about Tatsumi’s face after all he’s different from my master.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; June 29th, 2016 at 07:54 PM.

Hi guys,

Here is Part 2 of Knight of Fate Act 2.
    I going to have to divide this a bit more since there are a couple of heavy sections in this chapter.

PART 2-A:
    Spoiler:

The serial cases of the disappearance of a large number of girls.
    I had heard the rumours that such a thing had been occurring in the metropolitan area, since yesterday.
    I knew that it was happening, although the newspapers hadn’t picked it up yet.
    Even the girls who were the same as me, were disappearing from places here and there.
    I didn’t think, it was possible for me to become a victim of it as well.

Ahh, yeah.
    Right.
    A victim.

Although telling you this seems like some kind of lie, I’ve been dying to kill some time in a fast food restaurant like this.

That’s it, you’re a police officer aren’t you?
    Eh, that’s not it?
    Would my part-time job overlook this somehow if you were a police officer?

Ahahaha.
    Well that’s true.
    It’s like I’m keeping it a secret from my mama.

Thanks for that.
    Yeah, truly……

I know that I’ve been skimming the law, and I know that the Yakuza have had their eyes on me, however I don’t want to worry my mama as much as I have to.
    ……The truth is I’m just happy to be able to see my mama’s face again.

I’ve had enough of these terrifying thoughts.
    Up to the middle of it, it was the same night as always.

It was one of those days where my mama was on the night shift so she wouldn’t be coming home, and I was goofing off in Ikebukuro while thinking that it’d be nice to go home in the morning, but it ended when those uncharacteristic punks said――――“Hmm, don’t you have your part-time job to go to,” ahh it was something I didn’t plan on saying.
    At least let me say “Shove off” in my own way.
    In any case, that was terrifying.
    I don’t give a damn about those punks, and on top of that if they were flirting with me sooner or later……. I knew they would try to do terrible things to me……terrible things that they wouldn’t have a problem doing to me.

Their human face you say, I don’t know what kind of expression they were making even if it was split in half.

Furthermore, their upper and lower halves were making different faces.
    Their upper half was in shock, and their lower half was half-smiling.

I have to say they were making a rather peaceful face, well that’s obvious.
    Because at that moment, there was just splatter.

It’s just, I know it’s strange for me to be saying this somehow…...
    But, I think that my face was still numb, because I was more scared than anything else.

Yeah.
    That was still just the beginning.
    It was the preferable part.

The girl who wore a reaper-like mask, killed all of those punks, and saved me――――
    Ahh, I don’t really think, that she was planning on saving me.
    As I was looking at the mass of gory dead corpses I guess I fainted, and, when……yeah, when I woke up I guess they had some sort of a misunderstanding.
    Ahh, even if her way of doing things was intense that girl saved me, and……

I remember her appearance.
    She had a white mask.
    She had a pretty body different from her burning eyes, which were maybe dark brown?

I think that she was roughly the same age as me.
    About 16, 17ish.
    She had good style.
    She had awfully slender legs, thin hips, and she was pretty.
    Since she’d would just well stand out at my part-time job, she probably doesn’t earn a great lot if she goes and works at a kind of store.

Oh, right.
    I’ll continue my story.

I woke up in a dark place.
    Yeah, pitch black darkness.
    Whether I can’t remember it well or would it be more accurate to say that I can’t clearly declare on whether it was too dark.

After that, a lot happened.
    How many people were there?
    I think that there was maybe more than 10 people there, maybe more.
    Ahh, there were probably more……were they breathing, or sleep breathing, because I very much felt it to be so.

――――Maybe, a dozen?

The girls were sleeping.
    It didn’t seem real from the fear.
    I guess.
    Although I had a bad feeling seeing how those punks became a lump of flesh from right in front of me, despite being scared, I felt like I was seeing a strange dream about being with an innumerable number of girls in that dark place.

It was enough for me to want to think about whether I was truly dreaming or not.
    But, since I was cold, I instantly knew that it wasn’t a dream.
    It’s because I, as a person can’t feel hot or cold in a dream.

At any rate after that……
    I ran.
    Or rather I tried to escape, of course.

“Did that masked girl have some connection to a gang or a foreign mafia, if so I might be completely sold off to some weird place,” or so I was thinking……or so I thought, either way, I might’ve just been thinking that I have to escape somehow.

I had a terrible feeling.
    Or rather a hunch.

Even if it was a clichéd way of saying it, I’ll say it because I have no other way of expressing it.
    Ahh, “I’m absolutely gonna die here,” I somehow thought.

Ah, I was frantic at that time, in the sense that everything was becoming vague somehow.
    I was softly sweating in drops, and my molars were arbitrarily clattering.

I was scared of the dark.
    I felt that there was something, in that darkness.
    And then――――
    A person, was suddenly there before my eyes.

???: “I’m, called Manaka.”

As she said it like that she smiled at me.
    I’m almost vomiting just remembering it.

She was unbelievably cute, pretty like a doll, while sparkling like a fairy she was just there.
    Even if she wasn’t actually glowing, she was sparkling.
    You know, like, you could feel her sparkling.
    Don’t you?

Oh, was she a woman?
    No, a girl.
    She was maybe, younger than the girls sleeping all over the place.
    Even though it was completely dark since there were no lights lit, I remember her clear eyes well.

Manaka: “Do you, have some kind of ability perhaps? Or resistance maybe? You can somehow move, even though you’ve received some of Assassin’s diluted neurotoxin.”

She said as such.
    Oh, I’m just saying it according to memory, so I don’t know what she meant by it.

Manaka: “It’s normally goes like this.”

As she was saying this, she pointed towards the sleeping girls,

Manaka: “And, like that.”

Next, she pointed to the figure inside the darkness.
    I was straining my eyes because I couldn’t see well in the dark, even so I couldn’t see, ahh, “there’s nothing there beyond the complete darkness,” or so I thought until I finally saw it.
    I don’t know whether it was because my eyes got used to the darkness, or whether it was for some other reason……

But I gradually saw it.
    Inside the darkness…….

PART 2-B:
    Spoiler:

The countless girls, were walking into a much darker place, into the centre of it or rather much more further ahead, with vacant faces on them.
    It wasn’t like they were particularly wearing handcuffs, and it wasn’t like they had been bound with rope, and even though it wasn’t like they were being kept under hard watch――――yeah, they didn’t have even them under one type of surveillance ――――they just, kept walking while being completely zoned out.

Manaka:
    “Those are, well all of them, are my precious sacrifices.”

She said it.
    Sacrifices.

SACRIFICES.
    She clearly said it.
    Ahh, that brat seriously said it.

All of us, or rather those girls, they were planning on killing them although I don’t know whether it was to god or the devil――――and then I immediately knew.

Anybody would know just by looking at it.
    That face, those eyes.

I could immediately grasp even the seriousness of it all.
    And, I got scared.

Manaka: “They are, and you are too. From now on your lives will become nourishment for that child. Rejoice, it’ll be a very lovely thing.”

She smiled.
    “How could she make such a cheerful face?” “How could she possibly be enjoying this?”, or that was the gist of it.
    Do you know?

At this time, just how terrified was I?
    How did my situation get better after seeing those punks getting torn into pieces and dying like movie special effects?

I started to cry.
    I think mucus came out, as I made soggy faces with my tears.

What kind of DRUGS was she on anyways? That girl was kidnapping a massive amount of people like this, but while she was acting all sparkly like a heroine from a love story, she was talking about nourishment and SACRFICES with all her deepest feelings incorporated into it, “I’m scared, I want to run away,” I couldn’t express anything else but that.......
    Yeah.

You’re interested in her romantic talk?
    Well even if you say so――――

I won’t amend it.
    That was, definitely the face of a girl in love.
    I was terrified.
    Seriously.

What I was feeling wasn’t the cold air.
    It was the sensation of being embraced by a block of ice.
    Even now, it’s impossible for me to talk about it if I’m not in a place like this with a lot of cheery people.

Because, you know.

I’ve been in love, but I haven’t really had much luck in the romance department.
    Stuff like puppy love or romantic love, shouldn’t it be more wonderful?

I don’t really know either.
    Umm, where was I?

Oh, that girl?
    I said it to her too.

Stuff like, “I want to be saved, I want to get out of here.”
    Although I couldn’t really talk well with my tongue numb, I was already, frantically depending on her.
    I thought about what that girl would do, if I did that.

Was she smiling?
    No.
    That brat, looked at me.

It was like she was looking at a bug……or was it something different, yeah, like a pebble rolling at her feet, or dust, something like that, with eyes that were looking at something that didn’t matter,
    Exactly like that.
    It was like I had been repeatedly stabbed along my spine, my back with a lump of ice.

Ahh, I was gonna die here.
    Or so I thought.

I couldn’t even think about my mama.
    ……Wait a minute.
    Sorry, I shouldn’t be talking about this after all.

No.
    I’m scared.
    Oh god, I, I’m, still scared after all……here, will I really be safe here……?

【Record, temporarily suspended】

PART 2-C:
    Spoiler:

【Record resumed after having taken measures to stabilize her mental state】

Sorry, I got a bit weird.
    That’s right.

I’m alright.
    I’m really alive, and living like this.
    Yeah.

My words won’t even reach her, if I think about how me and those kids might’ve been killed, right, it’s not just me.
    They saved me.
    There was a boy who suddenly appeared, where was he up to that point?

I think he was probably a high school student.
    I couldn’t really see his face well.
    See, it was a dark place after all.

Boy: “……Ta, ma, ki.”

Tamaki, I guess.
    I think it was someone’s name.
    I guess he came to save his family or his lover.
    If so, I might’ve been with that child.

I was mumbling, and although I felt like screaming, as the boy was repeatedly saying “Tamaki” countless times, he cut in between me and that girl.
    He was attractive.
    He was somewhat, like a hero from one of those children’s TV programs.

Manaka: “What’s this? I’ve heard Assassin brought a pet with her, hiihii, is the pet of my pet baring his fangs at me?”

It was like that girl was a bit interested in him.
    Even though I had stopped crying he was non-responsive.
    Wait, did that girl try to do something to that boy?

I think she did something to him.
    I don’t really know.

And then the masked girl, I think she came out in a suit, she felt the same as she did when she faced those gangster punks in that Ikebukuro back alley, and suddenly she was covering for the boy.
    I feel like she was maybe trying to hug him?
    If that girl was trying to kill the boy with maybe a gun or a knife, then was he protecting me with his own back, or something like that.

It was that kind of protection.
    Since I was sitting down at that time, I was looking at them from right below them.
    At the boy who was protecting me, and the masked girl who was protecting the boy.
    It became a visage like that.

Masked Girl:
    “Please, forgive him……my master……”

The masked girl, said something.

Boy: “I, I…… what…… are you seeking, what, are you……planning to use……the Grail……for……?”

I think he was speaking to himself.

Masked Girl: “Tatsumi……!”

Oh, the thing that she said at the end was probably the boy’s name.
    I think the pair, definitely were acquaintances.
    They had that kind of atmosphere.

But Tatsumi?

As she embraced him with both arms, the masked girl cried.
    It was completely different from when I was crying as I begged for my life, that was……
    I think, those tears were more from crying because she was sad.
    Those tears were hopelessly, flowing out of her as she was thinking about that hopelessly useless guy.

I’m repeatedly glancing at Ikebukuro now, from occasionally looking at the mirror in front of me, I think that it’s true.
    The masked girl, just silently cried after that.
    Although, the boy was squirming, he wasn’t particularly saying anything.
    As he did so, that girl began acting in an increasingly interested manner, as she looked at the masked girl ――――

Manaka: “Don’t think about your pet, Assassin. You’re so cute. I’ll forgive you.”

She said.
    She looked back, towards me.
    She smiled cheerfully.

Manaka: “――――But, you are different.”

……. That smiling face was so pretty, too pretty, too terrifying, I lost consciousness while screaming that I didn’t understand what the heck was going on.
    Yeah.

I think I lost consciousness then.
    I somehow fainted, I wonder if I shouldn’t have declared it since I couldn’t endure it for very long.
    I also heard, some voices too.

???: “Please wait!”

T, That’s a voice I hadn’t heard it before.
    From the tender feeling of it, I think it was an adult male’s voice.

???: “Mistress Manaka. Isn’t that girl unsuited to be a sacrifice?”
    Manaka: “So do you want to be next, after Assassin? Everyone, it seems this girl is more important than all of you.”
    ???: “No, that’s not it. I’m concerned that this girl will slightly increase the level of emotional fear in it, a bit too much. Another thing, won’t it cause a problem if the purity of the Holy Grail, is compromised?”
    Manaka: “Hmm.”

The meaning of those words?
    There was no way I could understand it.

???: “If I remove one, I'll have to add one. Should I prepare a substitute?”
    Manaka: “Do as you will.”

And that, was the end of it.
    And that’s everything that I can remember up to that point.

Next thing I knew I had regained conscious near the North Exit of Ikebukuro Station, umm, in the love hotel street at the back of the shopping district――――

(An excerpt from a record conducted by the Holy Church of a testimony given by female high school student \ Suzuno Yoshimori before her memory wipe.)

PART 2-D:
    Spoiler:

A Servant’s rampage, I’ve already talked about the possibility and dangers of it.

It is never just the Heroic Spirits who go rogue.
    Sometimes a Master can fall into madness.
    Occasionally, there are cases where a Master has gone rogue due to contact with their summoned Heroic Spirit.

It is said to be a truly dangerous situation to be in.
    Heroic Spirits each hold their own wishes.

We, Magi and the Mages Association, still didn’t know about the treacherous pact with the Holy Church.
    In this situation, or a case where a Master has truly stood by their Heroic Spirit’s side……

The Holy Grail as a wish granting device may change into a very dangerous item.
    But of course, it depends on the contents of the wish that a Heroic Spirit conceals.

(An extract from an old notebook)
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; June 29th, 2016 at 06:17 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know whether it's due the original Japanese or the translation (or both), but this is really rough and awkward to read. Like, there's no way this would pass even in a third-rate novel.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I don't know whether it's due the original Japanese or the translation (or both), but this is really rough and awkward to read. Like, there's no way this would pass even in a third-rate novel.
    Sorry I'm not a professional translator and if its about the gangster talk I apologise. I tried to make it sound gangster~ish, but my best references for that kind of talk is movies, tv, and anime. Hikaru's writing style is rather direct and it comes out awkwardly translated in a translator, so I tried my best to make it sound reasonable while staying true to the actual translation. It also didn't help that all of the parts had different perspectives like the entire first part with Assassin and those punks were 3rd person and the 2nd part with the girl was 1st person.

But I thought I did a pretty good job considering.

So please tell me which part is awkward and I'll try to fix it up.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; June 29th, 2016 at 06:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sorry I'm not a professional translator and if its about the gangster talk I apologise. I tried to make it sound gangster~ish, but my best references for that kind of talk is movies, tv, and anime. Hikaru's writing style is rather direct and it comes out awkwardly translated in a translator, so I tried my best to make it sound reasonable while staying true to the actual translation. It also didn't help that all of the parts had different perspectives like the entire first part with Assassin and those parts were 3rd person and the 2nd part with the girl was 1st person.

But I thought I did a pretty good job considering.

So please tell me which part is awkward and I'll try to fix it up.
    I'm talking about the translation as a whole, not just that particular interlude (I've had the same thought in the past whenever I visit this thread, but I never felt like posting here until now). In fact, the 'Gangster~ish' part actually struck me as one of the best parts of the translation, in that it sounded like something vaguely akin to how real (albeit stereotyped) human beings would actually talk or think, a feeling absent in the rest of that interlude.

Everything is just... it's hard to describe, but I can only say 'wrong'. Information is conveyed relatively effectively, but while rarely being outright incorrect in terms of grammar and the like the whole thing just comes off as very stunted, flat and un-immersive (for lack of a better word). I could probably go find specific examples if you'd like, but I hope you have a general idea of what I'm trying to convey here.

I'm not even entirely sure how much of it is you versus the original writer either, since one interlude I read here featured the downright baffling decision to narrate some very major, plot-shaking events and battles entirely in past tense (flashback), which added nothing to the story and merely took away whatever sense of immersion wasn't already ruined by the very dry writing style.

Overall though, I'd say that when translating a work, whether something sounds 'natural' is just as important (sometimes even more) as textual accuracy in terms of information conveyed. That's the hardest part of translation, and I'm not faulting you for not pulling it off perfectly (as I said, it's hard), just pointing out what I'd regard as shortcomings. Glad you got back to me, at least.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle NekoArcDragonhound's Avatar
    I honestly can't get a read on Paracelsus. One moment he's a conniving prick, and the other moment he's this melodramatic lost guy. If this is intentional, good job Sakurai. Also, please live Elsa. Live and never return to Japan again. For your own safety and sanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the other family branch makes sense. Maybe there were similar to Perseus's master too.
    To be a magus is to be confusing. But at least we now even Hohenheim has a set of standards.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    the whole thing just comes off as very stunted, flat and un-immersive (for lack of a better word). I could probably go find specific examples if you'd like, but I hope you have a general idea of what I'm trying to convey here.

I'm not even entirely sure how much of it is you versus the original writer either, since one interlude I read here featured the downright baffling decision to narrate some very major, plot-shaking events and battles entirely in past tense (flashback), which added nothing to the story and merely took away whatever sense of immersion wasn't already ruined by the very dry writing style.
    Yeah, I get what you mean. Sakurai's writing style is like I said rather blunt and straight forward so when I first translate it, it comes off as "The person who is wearing a green dress does this, this and this" and sometimes she just uses words like "A dark alley" or "故国の救済。" and you have to interpret just those words to make some sort of meaning out of them. I do attempt to try to make it sound somewhat natural, but then I get worried about being criticised for not being textually accurate (which has happened in the past). So I think the flatness and stuntedness does comes out mostly because of her writing style and my attempts to be accurate.

But like you said, balancing it is hard sometimes, especially since there's no "I" or "He" in some of those sentences.
    So I'll to try make my translations sound more natural in the future, but I'm not promising that it'll be completely natural.

Oh, but I like how you said that you like the gangster part, I worked really hard on trying to decipher the slang in that Japanese text.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; June 29th, 2016 at 07:53 PM.

Finally caught up with everything and wow. That girl is lucky as hell to survive and actually be unscathed after two encounters like that. But also, the Holy Church is active? Why aren't they doing something about Manaka? Or Ramses even?

Also, Phoenix, I get what both you and RG are talking about. I've seen you mention before that Sakurai is stilted in her narration, regardless of that though, I get the style you and Sakurai were both going for.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I get what you mean. Sakurai's writing style is like I said rather blunt and straight forward so when I first translate it, it comes off as "The person who is wearing a green dress does this, this and this" and sometimes she just uses words like "A dark alley" or "故国の救済。" and you have to interpret just those words to make some sort of meaning out of them. I do attempt to try to make it sound somewhat natural, but then I get worried about being criticised for not being textually accurate (which has happened in the past). So I think the flatness and stuntedness does comes out mostly because of her writing style and my attempts to be accurate.

But like you said, balancing it is hard sometimes, especially since there's no "I" or "He" in some of those sentences.
    So I'll to try make my translations sound more natural in the future, but I'm not promising that it'll be completely natural.

Oh, but I like how you said that you like the gangster part, I worked really hard on trying to decipher the slang in that Japanese text.
    Hmm. If it comes to a trade-off, I'd generally say that flow and readability are more important then strict textual accuracy. That's my personal opinion though, so I can't say if it's representative of BL in general.

Hi,

Here is the last part of Act 2 Arc 5 of Fate/Prototype Fragments of Blue and Silver.

PART 3-A:

Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In a huge cave underneath, a certain place in Tokyo.
    In a place deep inside of it an abyss opened its great mouth.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a place where light didn't entirely shine, a definitive dark garden.
    Dressed in her green dress Manaka turned her silent gaze to the bottom of that abyss, smiling very happily, as Caster who was being a faithful manservant was restraining himself nearby.
    It was like she was gazing at her most treasured item, or like she was admiring a particularly interesting pet, as the silent sticky mass turned into a lump of meat, it continued to throb ominously.
    One should see it.
    As it continued to squirm in the depths of the earth, it was an item that gathered the world’s darkness in high density.

It is, an idea.
    It is, desire.
    It is, the Holy Grail.
    The Saint Graph[1].

A large vessel that accumulated people’s thoughts, and countless souls.

Manaka: “……Oh Fake Grail.”

As Caster was now convinced by the info that he had been gathering in the time span up to this day, then this wasn’t the miraculous device that the Mages Association and the Holy Church had made it out to be.
    It was an unbelievably-scaled magical object, but was it truly an omnipotent wish granting device?
    When he had heard about it, he was told that a certain Cardinal had brought it in.

A sacred relic that was the epitome of a miracle.
    An imitation Holy Grail that was built modelled after the “cup” that was said to have received the blood of the messiah.
    Originally it was said that the Greater Grail cannot truly activate, unless the souls of all 7 Servants had been offered to it, but if it devours a large amount of sacrifices befitting a single Servant, then the Greater Grail will successfully activate.

But…….
    The thing that will especially, guide it after start-up, isn’t the wish of a ritual participant.

After all, from the start――――
    This vessel isn’t a wish-granting device.
    Of course, she could probably grasp that as its master.

Manaka: “Hey, Mr. Fake Grail. No that’s not it, you’re an egg. A lovely, pure black egg that is struggling to be born into this world.”
    Caster: “An egg, you say?”

Caster muttered in accordance to his master’s words.
    According to his magical analysis, this darkness is the shell of a chick that’s been waiting to wake up, and that he was seeing a baby in a cradle dreaming as it sways to and fro.
    By burning the souls of the 7 Heroic Spirits that cradle would certainly break.
    His master was still talking with a heavenly echo, about how not having roots in the world yet a spiritual foundation was going to be born.

The reason was different from a Heroic Spirit’s summoning.
    Most likely, having dragged itself out of the Grail this being will probably be properly born or incarnated.

――――But what on earth, was being born?

At this time, Caster hadn’t reached his final answer yet.
    Thus he questioned his master.

“What are you trying to awaken in order to realise your loved one’s wish?”

Manaka didn’t reply immediately, instead she led him to the abyss like this.
    Caster obeyed without hesitation.
    Either way he or Assassin, would definitely have to become food for this thing that was squirming in the depths of this darkness, even if it was a bit hasty at this time, on this night, he still wouldn’t be entirely prepared for it.
    He had already devoted everything to his master.

No.

The entirety of the world, was nothing more than his master’s property.
    Their doubts, their fears, and even their tears.
    It didn’t make sense for someone who he originally felt was noble, to use even the lives of young girls who must be protected for this.

Manaka: “You see the Cardinal, was somehow terribly mistaken about it.’
    Caster: “There’s probably no person alive who is more aware of the world than you, Lady Manaka.”
    Manaka: “Is it not so funny enough? After all, that silly Cardinal, believed that he could summon a higher-order being if he activated the Grail.”
    Caster: “……was it an angel?”

In the teachings that he obeys, it was said that God was a unique being.
    If so what indicates a higher order being?
    An image of a heavenly messenger depicted in countless religious paintings, rose in Caster’s mind.

Manaka: “No. It was different from that.”

Manaka told him, shaking her head, a bit.
    She smiled at the darkness which pulsed fiercely and remarkably like it was hailing her.

Manaka: “――――This child is “Beast” ――――”

PART 3-B:
    Spoiler:

She wouldn’t tell him the significance of that name.
    With an appearance that stealthily taught him the name of the baked sweets that she had decided to bake next, and like a lovely yet pretty flower, she mentioned just this one name.
    Caster opened his eyes wide in accordance to this, as an expression that he had not shown during his entire time in 1991 Tokyo floated to the surface.

Beads of sweat were visible on his cheeks.
    He hadn’t even shown it when he met Manaka Sajyou the owner of the world.
    It, was a shiver.

Before, when he was spreading his magical knowledge all around the world ――――he believed that it would lead to the advancement of his universally wide medical treatments and the peace of the people――――but even though he said that he would continue to preserve the peace, he was remarkably against the concealment of mysteries, even when he was in front of the assassins who had been dispatched from the Clock Tower, and even when his body and life had been crushed into bits by the warriors who persisted that magic could kill people.

Caster: “What, did you say……just now?”
    Manaka: “The Holy Grail is not some kind of wish-granting device. But, if I wake up that child, Saber and I can surely save Britain.”

Manaka didn’t even bother replying to Caster’s concerns.
    The salvation of his native land.
    She was probably thinking about Saber’s wish due to him not being here.
    Her cheeks were reddening, as her eyes started to blur――――

Manaka: “So Caster, please gather some more sacrifices with Assassin. I don’t have enough yet. Lots and lots of them would be good, yeah, if we’re talking about numbers I want maybe at least 600 people.”

While spreading both of her arms she stepped into a spin, her skirt widening as she spun.
    Ahh, was the magnificent flower dancing as a follower of darkness?

Manaka: “I’ll truly give worth, to these worthless girls. They’ll be an exchange for his soul. It’ll be so very lovely. However, the worthlessness of these thousands, no, tens of thousands of people, will surely have worth that will shine by gathering them here.”

Her delicate fingers were pointing at a hole.
    In there was, a countless number of girls dressed in white clothes.

Over 100 people who had been gathered over these past 3 days.
    Either way all of them, were showing vacant expressions having lost their selves.
    To be precise, they were momentarily disconnected from reality due to a special drug that Caster mixed by using some of Assassin’s poison.

Those were the sacrifices, who were acting as substitutes for the 7th soul that they lacked.
    They had no hesitation, no fear, nor any self-awareness.
    Still that thing had been forcibly maintaining their pure minds, as they threw away their own lives.
    As they were being filled with a type of devotion similar to the people who offered up their hearts to Tezcatlipoca in old Aztec temples, the girls walked into the darkness, and then……
    They fell one by one.
    Aiming for the dark depths――――of the Greater Grail which was quickening its desire for food.

Manaka: “Rejoice, even if all of you are ordinary, you will be of great use to him.”

There it was, the smile of a shining flower.
    And then…….

Beast: “―――――――――――――――――――――――――Rrrgh!!”

In that moment the Greater Grail roared, with just its cry, it made the entire cave shook as if it was showing its joy at having greedily devoured the sacrifices!
    Caster witnessed the truth with a huge shudder.
    He knew now for sure.
    It which was sleeping in its “egg”, was a being that carried the numbers 666, what was this being that was finally coming from beyond the sea?

At the end of his desire……...
    The guidepost of destruction…….
    ……. Was none other than, this beast!
    It’s more appropriate to call it Master Therion, Caster carefully observed, as he stood in front of the dark prana that was said to far surpass even an abyss-sent dragon’s.

Caster: “……I see, then this beast, is……!”

This, is the being that will become the enemy of mankind.
    This, is the being that will devour mankind.
    This, is the being that will destroy mankind.
    He could understand just by looking at it, as it was gathering prana to an overwhelming point, but they were not with the eyes of a demon beast.

O’ Cardinal, you were so sorely mistaken.
    Were you hoping for a being like an angel, well there’s no sacred being sleeping here, if a person is truly a person then this being’s true nature isn’t something that you can run away from.

Sometimes severe, sometimes sweet, this being is completely savage like a human led astray.
    The source of its impulses cannot be stopped, no it can’t be stopped even if you know and comprehend the miserable final days that await you after that.

The creature called a human being, cannot permit themselves to discard an animal that possesses intelligence――――

Caster:This thing, was at the end of us 7 Servants' wishes!?”
    Caster: “Is this really necessary for his wish?”

Neither surprised nor denying it, or anything else, Manaka who just stood there opened her mouth and smiled.

Manaka: “The anything and everything that drives numerous lives, history, and the world itself――――if this was like a Sci-fi film, yes I would call it maybe the space-time continuum. That event was a fixed event, you see, if I don’t shatter the cornerstone of human logic into tiny bits up till the present day, his wish won’t be granted. We need this child for that reason.”

Should he be smiling on top of swallowing all of that crap?
    Even so, on top of truly grasping all of that, what should he do, or rather should he even be attempting to guide this thing to its birth?

Manaka: “Sodom’s Beast: The being that will devour this city. No, it won’t end with just this city, please devour all of my belongings.”

Spinning, spinning.
    At the back of that unstoppable darkness, Manaka Sajyou continued to dance.

Manaka: “Let me congratulate you, after all, your birthday is drawing near. Be born, my cute little Beast! With one of this child’s howls everyone will rejoice, it’ll rip apart the earth, the rivers will run red with blood! It’ll crush all of the things that people have accumulated, history will collapse, and Britain will appear once again!”

――――Their lives, dreams, and even their wishes too.

Manaka: “And then, he will continue to exist as the King until the end of time.”

――――Even time and space too.

Manaka: “Only in Britain: the eternal kingdom and not in Avalon where his life is allowed to exist.”

――――Everything, all of it will crumble, crumble, and completely break.

To take back his glorious kingdom.
    Unless she reverses it, unless she does this, she can’t take it back.
    As she was telling him this――――

The world’s master, was smiling into the still awakening darkness.

[1] Saint Graph: The Underground Greater Grail.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; June 30th, 2016 at 12:42 PM.

maybe you're fed with it but thank you so much for your hard work PhoenixRising..!

wow Manaka. she finally lost uh..
    i fuckin' hate gacha dan boost drop rates.
    it's all lies!

Quote Originally Posted by meridianna View Post
    maybe you're fed with it but thank you so much for your hard work PhoenixRising..!

wow Manaka. she finally lost uh..
    Don't worry I'm not fed up with it. I plan on finishing this series right up to the end, but thanks for that.

And yeah Manaka has completely lost the plot, I'm not even sure I want to see an image of the Beast class now.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; June 30th, 2016 at 05:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Sakurai's style has been noted as being especially dry and not especially engaging in and of itself, so I don't think it's a fault of Phoenix's that the text is so sparse, Royd.
    Last edited by Imperial; June 30th, 2016 at 04:47 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Don't worry I'm not fed up with it. I plan on finishing this series right up to the end, but thanks for that.

And yeah Manaka has completely lost the plot, I'm not even sure I want to see an image of the Beast class now.
    Count yourself out then, Phoenix. I've been waiting to see what Beast looked like since it was first introduced. It will probably look like big clumps of pulsing red meat. With tentacles too to go with the Dark God vibe.

And if I'm understanding this right, in order to make up for the fact that Saber, Assassin and Caster haven't been sacrificed, Manaka is giving the Beast 600 souls instead? Interesting.

Also, hahaha where the fuck is Saber again?

Blog Entries
    Is it just me, or is this interlude actually better then the last few? I don't know if its because the translation improved or what but it is fairly readable and has a good sense of dramatic flow. Also, since Manaka and Paracelsus are both such weirdos, 'talking like believable human beings' isn't as big a deal. Even so, their dialogue doesn't strike me as too awkward.

Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    And if I'm understanding this right, in order to make up for the fact that Saber, Assassin and Caster haven't been sacrificed, Manaka is giving the Beast 600 souls instead? Interesting.
    INB4 it requires exactly 666 souls to be born.
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthizar View Post
    INB4 it requires exactly 666 souls to be born.
    I thought so too. But that would be too much. Too edgy.