Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Moon White Redux (RP)

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Time: 21:34
    Day: January 12th

When I told Invoker to be comfortable in whatever form that would make her happy, Invoker made a face that was neither amusement or teasing. She was actually scorning me. What did I do wrong that Invoker is scorning me?

Quote Originally Posted by Invoker
    "... so you have no happiness of your own, no desire that belongs to you? Ah, I understand now, I fully understand now why I was drawn to you... Hmph, I shall chastise you later about that~"
    No happiness of my own? But I enjoy reading, cleaning, and helping others. And what is wrong with being happy if someone else is happy? I don't get why Invoker is going to chastise me later either, but if she is willing to drop it for now. It should be fine right?

"I assume that we should get started then if you wish to 'guarantee everyone's happiness', shouldn't we Master? Allow me to show you a few more tricks."

"[_____]"

Earlier, I asked Invoker what she does and she just showed me what Invokers do. They summon like the Onyoumiji except Invoker went further than just two decent summons. She summoned five great youkai.

"Amazing Invoker! You managed to summon five youkai! I'm not even sure a person in the Demon Hunter's Organization could summon one yet you summoned five strong ones!"

I was too distracted by these five youkai to really notice Invoker's malicious smile. So I jumped in surprise when Invoker asked me about the plan for tonight.

"Um I was going to visit Sour- I mean the supervisor of the War tomorrow. You can feel free to do what you want? I don't think the war starts till tomorrow if I recall correctly?"

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Artificer
    Phase: Night
    Time: 23:34

A single elbow was all it took to almost eliminate the work they'd done so far. A single elbow and a few words, and Artificer almost dropped the sheet of metal into the flames. At the last moment he deftly caught it before it could be ruined.

If he'd had a heart, it would be racing.

"Where did that come from!?" he exclaimed. Was it just the heat of the fire, or were his cheeks reddening on their own? "Children these days, you know not the meaning of restraint-!"

Artificer hadn't been asked such a question for a long time. Only once before, in fact. His second ever apprentice, a curious child with a mouth that never seemed to stay closed. He'd been so nosy that Artificer had eventually near-snapped and threatened to have the boy carry hot coals in his mouth, one for every unneeded word. That worked well enough, until his apprentice had realized it for the hollow bluff it was.

But he couldn't very well do such a thing now. The new generation was a talkative one, he told himself. And he'd been perhaps a bit too encouraging.

He sighed. "Apprentice," he said, slowly and carefully, paying special attention to make sure his sword wasn't warped from the silliness. "Two of my previous pupils were young girls. I raised them as if they were my own daughters." Neither one had been this... well, different. How had Nozomi's grandfather managed? For a moment, Artifier felt a sense of kinship for a man he'd never met.

Instead of steering around the subject as most would do, he instead dived directly into it with a bluntness that was, bizarrely enough, sharp enough to cut steel. "If you speak of romance, there was no time for such business after the teenage years where all boys are identical and fool around constantly." Artificer said as he withdrew the steel once more. "No, um, need. It was easily ignorable as yet another physical distraction. If one loves another more than their craft, how can they devote their entire being to it?"

Besides, he'd had a certain implement that aided in that regard. Alas, it hadn't been summoned with him. Perhaps Artificer would recreate it next. It could even help with the War...

He placed the sheet on the table. It had been folded many times and now resembled a half-painted picture.

"Here," he said, a tiny smirk pushing its way out of his mouth. Artificer straightened his crooked spectacles and took a step back from the red-hot steel. "A lesson in eliminating distractions. I shall assume you know the basics. Go ahead and demonstrate. At this stage, imperfections are easy to correct, but I still expect absolute focus. Perhaps if you put your own feelings into this sword, it will suit Master Ryougi even more."
    Last edited by Bloble; February 23rd, 2015 at 10:54 PM.

Astrid Hildebrandt
    Time: 21:19

Her body felt like it had been encased in ice. Neurons transmitted their electrochemical signals at a frantic rate, but her brain had already gone into a primal lockdown state. For the second time in two hours Astrid was rooted to the spot, but this time it was not Trickster's immaculate beauty at work; while the haze in the clearing held her body in place like a myriad of intertwined velvet ribbons, the pressure that the Servant was now exerted was steeped in undisguised malevolence.

This time the moment went by in an instant, but the deep breath that Astrid gasped for was cold as ice, and her mouth was filled with the acrid taste of dread. Even out of its alarmed state, the instincts hard-coded in her brain were still on edge for what they had indisputably identified as a lethal threat.

The second lesson of the night had been harshly taught: if Astrid kept baiting Trickster into unleashing her full spiritual force, the outcome would be as lopsided as a dog barking at the Crimson Moon, and it answering the challenge.

Immaculate as that shining moon, the devilish beauty gazed at Astrid intently, as if she wanted to inscribe every second of her shivering and gasping in primeval fear to her memory, for her to savour at her discretion. Even in the darkness her naked body seemed to exude a luminous aura, and Astrid might have been once again caught in her mental assault had she not trained her focus on something other than Trickster's form.

Her eyes, glowing like sapphires in the dark. In those blue pools of impossible depths, she thought she could catch a glimpse of the woman's true nature.

“Did I frighten you, Master? Nothing to worry of - at least, currently, there is no reason for me to act in such a way. As long as I admit you to be my Master, I will at least try to comply to your...methods. As for one, I am not a fan of killing people myself - although unfortunate accidents do occur, in any rate.”
    This woman, the Mocking Servant of the Mocking Grail---!

Astrid tried to answer, but the moment spent finding the right words to say, to refute this laughing woman, passed as quickly as the domineering Servant's fancy ordained. Right now, she would not yield the initiative.

“Or perhaps, are you willing to use a command seal so early to bend my will to yours? While I don’t particularly mind slave play, you know...ufufufu…”
    And just like that, the Servant had sent her mind scrambling, shifting the flow and direction of the conversation whichever way she pleased. But there was one thing that had stuck to Astrid's mind, a starting point on which she could build her tower, and slowly bring herself level to the menacing Servant again.

......'not sacrifice anything', was it? Perhaps you've slipped up in your arrogance, Servant.

"An understandable sentiment, that," she started, coughing a few times to clear the croakiness out of her voice. "Indeed, why would one poison the well from which they drink, or cut down the trees that provide shade in the garden where they rest, if there is nothing to be gained by inflicting harm to that which serves their needs? For such a person, the value of a thing only extends as far as it can be of service to them, therefore that which is useful is permitted to live. No matter how you see it, these are fine words, truly spoken like a magus."

Astrid's hand unconsciously reached for a pack of cigarettes that wasn't there, grasping for air for a moment before being lowered dejectedly. Having a smoke always helped her get in the mood, but she could make do without her eloquence being dependent on it.

"Thank you for your honest answer, Trickster. Addressing one's partner's flaws is essential for a team to improve their efficiency and cooperation, so I am thankful you didn't hesitate to speak your mind so early in our partnership. However, I would ask of you to let me return the favour, and attempt to address what seems to be a misconception on your part."

Mirroring the Servant's pose, Astrid crosses her right leg over her left, her eyes narrowed in a rare outward display of her sarcasm.

"Your Master really is a pitiable fool, because she will never cross the line that divides that which is human, and that which is not. But I implore you to have more faith in her than to paint her as a deontologist, for those are truly people that give even fools a bad name. 'Lying is wrong, even if you're protecting someone', 'stealing is wrong, even if you're trying to feed your family', 'killing is wrong, even if this murderer would kill again given the chance'; fantasies of hope by dreaming children, as you said, unaware of what the world is beyond their illusions, ever so fragile. In that regard you will be glad to hear that no, your Master may be a pitiable fool, but at least she isn't a lunatic."

As if to signify her verbal shift of gears, Astrid uncrossed her legs and stood from the bed, once again towering over Trickster. Turning her back to the Servant, she walked to the room's sole window, pushing the blinds aside to look out into the dark horizon.

"An easy misunderstanding to make, but if one were to take a cue from the aretaic ethicists, one that might be worth exploring not in regards to the comparison between the two concepts, but the very reason why that conclusion was drawn in the first place."

Out of the window, the sky and the city had blended in a solid precipice of aphoticity.

"I will not bore you with self-indulgent wit, Trickster. In the way you answered, and the assumption you made, I believe I caught a glimpse of your true face. When I spoke of intrinsic value, you who views all as a means to an end thought me a fool. In a way, it was as if a lion, who has only known to seize all that he desires with the imperative of his absolute dominion, had been told to acknowledge the water that he drinks, and the animals it feasts upon. As the vampire asks the disgusted hunter, "do you remember how many loafs of bread you've eaten in your life?", the lion shows very much the same confusion, because it never saw these things as anything more as food."

The same old story repeated countless times. A vampire sneaks into a settlement and enthralls its population as undead minions, a magus settles into a village and the nightly disappearances keep increasing, a Servant is let loose in a city, and gas leak incidents are mysteriously on the rise; not once recognising their actions as something other than the natural order of the world.

"I don't think it'll take a Command Seal for us to be on the same page, or for my 'methods' to reconcile with yours. Resorting to brute force means that one's convictions by themselves are lacking, and we both seem to prefer operating with a certain...finesse. My question was simply a force of habit - calling it an occupational precaution would be quite an apt description. But you should know, Trickster; acknowledging the value of a human being is an essential requirement - a categorical imperative - for one to hold command over another being's life or death."

She said so and turned her head slightly from the window, peering at her Servant out of the corner of her eye.

"Though my hands are not used to taking life, they have been the instruments that signed many a death warrant. For all intents and purposes, I have provided the weapons for many killers to claim their targets' lives. If the need arises I will not hesitate; for only he who knows the true weight of a life can properly weigh it on his scales."

It was possible that they would never see eye-to-eye on this, and there was no way of knowing how much that balance could be strained. But amidst the smoke and mirrors that seemed to shroud Trickster's true self, there was one thing Astrid could say with certainty.

This woman was definitely no hero.

"In any case, the night is still young, and we can still make much of it to seize the initiative early in this conflict," Astrid said, and a wave of tension washed from her body in a great outrush, leaving her weary for the umpteenth time in recent recollection.

"One of the rules of the War is for the Master to contact the supervisor once their Servant has been summoned. As it happens, the supervisor is quite a distance from us, and the possibility of enemy Servants lurking to ambush the unwary shouldn't need to be mentioned. On the other hand, conversing with the supervisor in one way or the other is likely to yield us essential information, if not on our opposition.

Two possibilities that readily come to mind is sending a familiar to let them confirm the summoning, taking the risk of assuming that they are a neutral party, or meeting them ourselves at a more opportune time, utilising guile to slip past the notice of any potential watchers.

What is your opinion on this, Trickster?"
    Last edited by Leftovers; February 24th, 2015 at 12:15 AM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Character(s)

Miyamoto Kiyoko, Invoker

Phase ----- Night
    Time ------ 21:34
    Day ------- January 12th
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyuki View Post
    "Amazing Invoker! You managed to summon five youkai! I'm not even sure a person in the Demon Hunter's Organization could summon one yet you summoned five strong ones!"
    "Demon Hunter's Organization? Oh, you did mention them earlier... I see, so you either belong to a parent organization or are under their care... my, I am expecting you to use your Command Seals someday in order to force me to kill myself, Master."

These words seem like pure jest more than an actual prediction. In fact, it is most likely that Invoker was being her usual outrageous self... yet maybe that deep inside, Kiyoko could detect the underlines of a sincere expectation - something that might frighten the young shrine maiden, for who in their right mind would say such things?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyuki View Post
    "Um I was going to visit Sour- I mean the supervisor of the War tomorrow. You can feel free to do what you want? I don't think the war starts till tomorrow if I recall correctly?"
    "Visit the supervisor? Then I shall accompany you on that journey of yours. I am curious myself to see what they look like-- plus there is a certain figure I desire to meet, who doubtlessly, will be at the shrine."

The curiosity extends beyond meeting these people though -- Invoker also has noticed that there was a hint of familiarity in Kiyoko's voice when she spoke of the Supervisor. She wasn't talking about a stranger, rather, her way of speech was more akin to the one shown by those who speak of siblings, of their family. If this girl is related to those who were meant to uphold neutrality in the Grail War... then things will certainly shape to become even more interesting than initially thought possible, concerning Miyamoto Kiyoko.

"But such a naive perception of when a war begins... ahahaha~"

Of course, Invoker being herself could not resist letting a mocking laugh escape her lips as Kiyoko clearly expressed her perception of this 'War'. She without doubt believed that this was a sports-like match where rules and the such were to be respected at their finest detail; truly, an immaculate, unstained conscience, that young one had.

Invoker does not have all her time to spend in mockery and amusement though: for a Servant like her, it is imperative that she takes a few steps of 'precaution'. While she has no interest in participating in this war in an orthodox fashion, it does not mean that conflict or even, individuals being actual threats would not show up eventually, forcing both her and Kiyoko into a confrontation where there would be no escape, only a fight to the death... in fact, the Servant in Black pretty much expects this to happen eventually.

That is why...

"Having been given free reign for tonight by my graceful liege, I suppose that I shall go tend to some business of mine. Foolish is the one who builds their house on sand, or so goes a certain saying... wouldn't you agree, my fellow vassals?"

Invoker addresses the five summons under her command, all of them having remained fairly silent and in place, awaiting orders. They seem to be getting slightly impatient from having to wait and watch as Invoker is the sole one to have 'fun' with Kiyoko. They do not respond, but merely acquiesce with a nod of their head.

"Well then..."

Asuka Ayumi
    Miyamoto Shrine - Basement
    23:00 PM

(BGM On)

Standing on the railings of one of the bridges that linked the Old Town to the Residential District, that is the last thing she remembers doing. Her current location seems to be a totally different place, judging from the silent and stale atmosphere that surrounds her. The sound of car engines in the distance and flowing water are nowhere to be found - in fact, this place is dead silent.

Is this Heaven? Hell? Purgatory? Where has she ended up after committing suicide? How will God punish her for having thrown her life away?

It's not like she could bear it any longer. Her life was a wreck. She had lost her job, been deceived by her boyfriend, and her parents now hated her for having lied to them and having hidden such an outrageous relationship from them. It had lasted five year, her deception of everyone around her, the maddening run after the illusive 'dream' that she believed she could reach should she work hard enough.

But she had no one to support her. It never had been the case in the past, nor is it the case now, for all doors are now closed. Was she a fool to not having aborted that child when she could have? To trusting a man whose only real expression of love was having sex with her, and nothing more, merely exploiting the carnal attractiveness that she possessed?

Yes, she was blind. She still is now, for she sees nothing. She cannot see wherever she is stepping in Hell, or in Heaven.

[Tap, tap.]

Footsteps. She hears them. Someone is approaching in this darkness, approaching slowly, every single one of the steps they take resonating as a piercing echo throughout this room.

[Chop.]

A brisk sensation of emptiness suddenly takes hold of the right part of her body, before an excruciating pain shoots through it. A scream ripping apart the silence of the darkness escapes the girls mouth as her arm falls off. Her blindfolded visage is contorted in agony as her nerves immediately recognize that part of her body has gone missing.

But strangely, nothing else happens. The girl is given a moment of respite, or well, good time to cry her lungs out as she convulses from the pain of the wound she' just received. The time that passes feels like an eternity, but is it a few seconds, a few minutes, or even an hour? Impossible, with so much blood loss, she would die in an instant. Yet... her notion of time might be distorted, but for some reason, her consciousness is still in a prime working condition -- shouldn't she at least feel dizzy, or worse, have fainted from the pain?

"T-this has to be hell..."

"Ara, Ara~ Finally speaking to yourself I see? I am afraid to inform you that this isn't hell, but merely my correctional facility. My duty here is to teach you to value your life a bit more, and reconsider what are the limits a human can endure when it comes to suffering..."

The feeling of cold steel applied to her other arm.

[ Saw, Saw, Saw.]

A massive pain that this time, is not instant, does not have a single stimulus. Her flesh is being violated as a serrated blade slowly works her way through the skin, then the fat, then the muscles, and eventually the bone. If the previous pain she felt was excruciating, then there is no possible description held by humankind that can encompass the burning, scorching, screaming sensations that are ripping her left arm apart by this point.

She screams.

Screams.

S c r e a m s.

But nothing can be heard. She can only hear herself.

This is nowhere the end, only the beginning of her punishment.

A lesson so that one values life.

"You will live my dear. Fear not."

"AaaaAAAaaAAaaaaaaaAAaaAAhhhHHhhhH!!!!"

Asuka Ayumi

Some Park in the Old Town
    Very Early in the Morning of the 13th

A black bag is put by the side of a bench. The person that deposits appears to be a local worker on their way for a quick moment of respite on the nearby restroom, yet they do not return to pick the bag. People ignore the black item at first, but as time passes, and as the crowd grows larger and larger, curiosity cannot be withheld as the bag remains there, untouched and sculpted in the strange shape of its content.

But it is not garbage that lies inside that bag, as the contents eventually complain with a weak, desperate whimper.

She has no more legs. No more arms.

She is nothing more than a torso and a head.

The worst of all, her life has been spared... and yet she can recall nothing. Only the pain in the darkness. The agony. The fear.

Perhaps that she now truly fears the concept of death.

---DAY 1 END---

Wise-Up
    Invoker was preparing a Ritual of Some kind. More info disclosed soon.

Last edited by Ayakashi; February 24th, 2015 at 12:28 PM.

Astrid Hildebrandt
    Time: 21:19

Trickster's mouth curled into a lopsided smile as her master noted her convictions. Good, at least this woman was not one of those bleeding hearts who didn't give into stooping down when it was required. Perfect, indeed, for herself - it wouldn't be fun otherwise. For a while she had been slightly worried if her Master would be a boring individual with straight-laced morals, and thus she had tested her with tongue and wit - but apparently that was not the case. Good, good - all was good for the time being. Inwardly, Trickster's grin just grew wider - even if her face betrayed no form of emotional change.

"My, my - at least it seems you won't be chaining me to a collar and make me beg for mercy, how disappointing. Ufufu.."

Reminiscing what a certain man had told her before, Trickster laughed and stood up from her bed, approaching the window as to look outwards towards the scenery.

"Contacting of the supervisor, is it. I assume we wouldn't be the first or the last to arrive there, Master. No, I think using a familiar would be the choice of action, for one cannot exercise enough caution at any point of time."

Nodding to her own words, Trickster spread her arms and twirled in a circle.

"Also, I'd rather not step out again without any precautions, considering my abilities may not be...on par with your usual brutish servants, if I may say. Fufu.. A woman needs more than just a little time to prepare, wouldn't you say, Master?"

Sweetly batting her eyelids, Trickster spun all the way back to her bed, plopping down on its plush covers.

"Information is key to this battle, and we lack the necessary requirements for reconnaissance, which being said, is to not have our identities known to the masses. Disguises are viable, yet I'd rather not provide a single clue to the enemy if possible, at any rate - "

Twirling a curl of her hair, Trickster pauses for a second, and then continues -

"Therefore, I recommend for you to send the familiar."

Concluding her sentence, Trickster turned her eyes back to her tall master, sizing her up.

"However, let me ask you one question of my own, Master."

The mischievous grin had returned to her face.

"What is your wish upon the Grail?"

Astrid Hildebrandt
    Time: 21:25

Caution was the name of the game; in other words, their first night as Master and Servant would be spent in wise consolidation of their forces, weaving contingent strategies and intricate fail-safes in the warmth and safety of their isolated room. Verily, this was a heart-pounding tale in the making!

Not that Astrid felt like arguing the point, looking utterly haggard and feeling even worse, if such a thing was possible. She may have flown to the other side of the globe to escape an indolent routine, but she could acquiesce to a single night of repose if her Servant wished so, despite the knowledge of the countless mysteries lying outside her door enticing her to no end. In a partnership, it was important to know when to make concessions.

Why yes, her pounding head and bone-deep weariness had absolutely no influence on said decision.

Willing herself shoulders to muster the last iotas of her willpower, Astrid moved to gather the raw materials for a simple, one-use familiar - a simple enough task even in her currently ragged state. While she rummaged through her bag, she could see Trickster plop on the bed in her peripheral vision, her steady stream of words almost tuned out by Astrid's tired mind.

But when she had finally gathered the materials needed in her hands and was moving towards the dresser, the only available working surface in the room if one didn't want to sit on the floor, Trickster's dulcet voice delivered the night's final question, a parting shot at the moment when she was most vulnerable.

"However, let me ask you one question of my own, Master. What is your wish upon the Grail?"
    Pausing as she stood, back turned to the grinning Servant, Astrid took a few seconds before answering.

"Do you know that feeling when you reach the end of a mystery, and looking back you can see all the trials you've overcome and the enigmas you've unraveled, all to come as far as that one moment? And in that moment, when you pierce beyond the veil of deceit and misdirection to uncover the singular truth, the feeling of knowing that you have truly, utterly conquered it?"

Shrugging her shoulders, Astrid spoke unguardedly to her Servant for the very first time.

"My invitation to this War came with a warning of sorts. That the ritual is a mystery beyond anyone's true comprehension, and that this island hides as many secrets as unmarked graves, so unassailable as to drag any prospective investigator to an early and unfortunate demise. And while others may find that to be a deterrent, I chose to interpret it as a challenge.

I won't lie to you, Trickster: I do not yet have a wish I would have granted, but that does not diminish my determination. A challenge has been issued, and accepted in turn. Thus, I long for that feeling of triumph when the Mocking Grail's falsities are torn apart, and its true nature is revealed to the world by my hand."

Nothing more, nothing less. A great detective accepts the case stoically, but does not stop his work until he has shined light down to its utmost depths.

"After all, among the world's purported miracles that could bestow upon man a blessing beyond his reach, is an omnipotent wish-granter not the most trite?"

Time: 22:11

Crafting a familiar was not the most complex or costly procedure, but those descriptors that applied to people in full possession of their physical and mental faculties; something that couldn't be said about the gaunt woman that was sliding the window shut, an enormous yawn telling of how worn out she was.

In that state, Astrid had somehow managed to botch one of the most basic applications of magecraft, twice. But what was one more indignity to add to this night's vexations; in the end, the small familiar took to the wing with rhythmic flaps, weathering the cold night to deliver its message to the old shrine, and its creator stumbled away from the window with unsteady feet, her mind already in the process of shutting down.

As she made to lie down and fall in a dreamless slumber, she noticed something that gave her pause.

Ichifuji Hotel may have had its fair share of renovations, but the services offered had hardly changed at all from the day it was built as an affordable abode for temporary, solitary visitors, who were looking for nothing more than a roof under their heads and a place to rest their weary bones.

In other words, there was only a single bed in the room, and it was currently occupied by the contently sprawled Trickster, whose mischievous grin seemed just a bit too wide for a sleeping expression.

...not that bad as far as leaps of faith go, but let it stand that I have no choice regardless.

Trickster
    Time: 22:15

Hearing her master's words, Trickster couldn't help but nod and laugh.

"Indeed, for it is the process that makes the conclusion even more interesting!! Who needs an omnipotent wish-granter when it is a cheat, a fraud that takes away all the fun? You are indeed my Master, oh, you make me even more interested in you by the minute."

Rolling on top of the bed while laughing, she then leaves her master to the job of dealing with her familiar.

------

And then she was done. After the familiar left the room in order to meet the 'supervisor' or whomever was to partake judge, her Master was approaching the single bed in the room.

Of course, there was no other option, was there?

Trickster pushed back the blankets and rolled over to a side, inviting her gaunt master to the side by patting the sheets.

"Now, while I cannot guarantee I might play a prank on you while you are asleep, might want to get in and rest for a bit, no? Ufufu..."

However, when her master proved a little unresponsive due to the fatigue she was feeling, Trickster thought it had come to actual pushes.

"Well then..."

Stepping out of bed and circling around her lanky master, she grabbed her and pushed her right on top of the bed - who fell on top of the bed with a nice sound. Following suit, Trickster climbed up on her back with a mischievous grin all over her face. As she he started undressing her master's topside, she might have drooled for a split second. After all, resistance was futile...

"Let's see how long you last..before you fall asleep, that is...mhmfm..."

Whispering into her ear and nibbling on the earlobe for a split second, Trickster then proceeded to give her Master the pleasure of heaven, one that any tired-out person would die to have.

A back massage. What else could it be, unless someone was imagining perverted things?

Although, if there were any eavesdroppers, perhaps the moans that came from the pleasure of a backrub may have been misinterpreted as some kind of tantric ritual.
    Last edited by Snax; February 24th, 2015 at 03:04 AM.

Servant Saver
    Time: 22:52

Saver could only resist the urge to laugh at his nonchalant dismissal of the arcane arts. It was in truth, not really a matter worth laughing about at all- rather, it was quite upsetting, to know that either on purpose or by some accident, her Master had been dragged into a magical death match he had no reason to be a part of- but the way he had put it fit her slowly building image of his character perfectly. His ineptitude was simply another challenge she would have to overcome.

An ordinary Samaritan had no need for knowledge of magic anyways- human knowledge and scientific progress had come an impressively long way from her time. Rather, the amorality with which typical magi pursued their goals and removed deviant practitioners indicated one would have been likely better off without knowing at all- truly regrettable, she thought, that such focus had not been applied to better things.

Giving a small nod at Homura’s assessment of his personal health, she narrowed her eyes at his apparent memory gap. She followed his suggestion to move over to his room in silence, mulling over what to say.

As they arrived, she noted the soothing, simple atmosphere of the room. It lacked the extravagance she might’ve expected given the size of the villa, and rather possessed a simple, normal comfortable appearance- a place where it was easy to relax. It was no palace, but it would do, she thought, leaning on a desk and folding her arms.

“Let’s see… for someone as clueless as you, it’d have to be the very basics. I don’t mind repeating myself, but it’d make this Servant really happy if you listened well the first time, alright?” Beginning with a jovial tone, any trace of it promptly disappeared as Saver took on a more serious tone and posture.

“”Magic- it exists, and I don’t refer to mere card tricks. Mysteries, like throwing fireballs, summoning ghosts, or magical beasts that possess abilities beyond any normal living thing, that sort of thing. I’m an example of that. It’s probably a bit hard to swallow, given the life you’ve lived up until now, but it’s definitely true. Hmm…” Thinking for a moment, Saver unfolded her arms and made a motion, as if grasping some invisible object in the air.

And then, the air distorted, warped- leaving a clearly visible thin iron lance in its wake. Almost indistinguishable from a metal rod save for the finely honed point at the tip, the instrument glimmered with a cruel light, save for the blackened reside towards the end.

With a tinge of amusement on her face, she lightly swung and stopped the lance on a few inches from her Master’s face, letting him confirm with his own eyes that it was no mere parlor trick.

“That should be a fairly easy to understand demonstration, yes?” Dispelling the strange rod now that its purpose as fulfilled, she resumed her explanation.

“And now, on the Holy Grail War. It’s a magic ritual, where individuals are chosen- those are the Masters- and are given the right to summon legendary figures from the past as Servants. They- well, we- possess abilities surpassing humans, and are summoned for a chance to fight alongside their respective Masters for the possession of the Holy Grail- a night omnipotent device that can grant the wish of the winner. Basically, it’s an all-out death match, with a couple rules.

But you shouldn’t be a part of it. Without any knowledge of magic or even of the ritual, I can’t see how you could’ve become a Master. It may have just been an accident, although your memory gap is suspicious. I don’t know how it works, but there is definitely something irregular at work… It pains me to admit it, but we should probably see the supervisor of this war tomorrow and ask.”

Almost as if it were an afterthought, Saver added one more thing.

“And one more thing- since you have successfully summoned me, there should be some red sigils somewhere on your body. Those are called Command Seals…” Pausing in thought, she continued in a dismissive tone. “They’re not really all that important.

That should be about it for a brief introduction. You can probably bug the supervisor for more details, but you don’t really have to worry much about them.

Any questions?"
    Last edited by Satehi; February 24th, 2015 at 03:32 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Kirisaki Homura

Time: 22: 48

Finally, I have returned to where all this started, well I guess technically I never left but that's besides the point. Shame though, I thought my room would have taken a turn for the more 'amazing' in my own dream, but no, it's still as always. Well, maybe my imagination has reached its limit with all the crazy stuff that's happened already. Right then, well at least 'Saver' doesn't seem to have any problems with my room and she isn't looking around for my stash either so dream me is safe.

“Let’s see… for someone as clueless as you, it’d have to be the very basics. I don’t mind repeating myself, but it’d make this Servant really happy if you listened well the first time, alright?”

Hey, hey, clueless is a bit harsh now. I mean none of this makes sense but that makes perfect sense for a dream so I'm not that bad.

Also what's up with the whole Servant thing anyway, I don't really have a fetish for that you know! Hell, you're not even a maid but a goth loli so this is really out of place. Oh this is going to be a bit longer then I expected isn't it? Well at least I have my couch, the bed can wait for now.

“Magic- it exists, and I don’t refer to mere card tricks. Mysteries, like throwing fireballs, summoning ghosts, or magical beasts that possess abilities beyond any normal living thing, that sort of thing. I’m an example of that. It’s probably a bit hard to swallow, given the life you’ve lived up until now, but it’s definitely true. Hmm…"

As if to illustrate her point she summons a...spear? At least I think it's a spear, it doesn't seem like anything e-

With a swish sound, the thing is pointed inches away from my face.

Imaginary or not, I don't feel like getting hurt any more in my own dream!

“That should be a fairly easy to understand demonstration, yes?”

You don't need to be so smug about it! Okay, okay, quick, think.

"Ok. Gotcha. You can put that thing away now."

I say it as calmly as possible, to no avail really and I'm sure my expression betrays what I'm thinking right now.

However, satisfied, she puts the simple spear away as for me, I lounge back after that and breathe a sigh of relief. Y'know, this couch is beginning to feel really comfy right about now. She talks more about some...grail war? Like the Christian Holy Grail I guess, not that it made much more sense than anything else tonight but by now I'm used to the madness. There was the whole 'Master' thing again, really Master? Servant? There was also something about red seals, probably the red things I saw earlier on my wrist...well if they're not that important than no point in asking about them right? I think that was it though, at least it sounds like there was nothing more to say...questions though? Is sleep maybe a question to ask?

Ah...I can't take this anymore, this whole talk has really gotten me sleepy.

Well, I guess she can take the bed, I'm just going to wake up in it anyways.

"Nah, just," I let out a yawn, my eyes are already half-closing, "You can take the bed, it's getting late anyways..."

I say those final words to her before my eyes finally shut.

Hm, is she saying something else or is it just my imagination. Well, I'm too far gone now...it was nice meeting you Saver but dunno if I'll be seeing you again.
    Last edited by Dranes; February 24th, 2015 at 07:08 AM.

Astrid Hildebrandt
    Time: 22:15

Tired in body and mind, teetering on the brink of collapse, she couldn't put up any resistance. Or perhaps he had already resigned to the idea that for tonight, the victor would inevitably claim her spoils.

She couldn't say she minded being pushed around. The bed was so soft and comfortable, and she could already feel herself loosening into its embrace, as if her suit was being slowly shrugged off, exposing her skin to the cool air. And would you look at that, the bed unexpectedly had a built-in massage function!

This was really a top-of-the-line hotel. She'd have to make a note to recommend this fine institution to all her acquaintances, and tip the girl at the reception extra, for the poor child to go attend a proper English course! It was only fair, considering their wonderful features and services.

Caught between the delirium at the threshold of consciousness and the mantra of half-sarcastic, half-nonsensical denial, the unlikely face that came to her mind through the haze of exhaustion and pleasure seemed entirely unsurprising, as if its dour expression and harsh drawl were just another normal part of the procedure.

"What you should keep in mind is that Heroic Spirits are essentially bullies. They are so beyond the conventional that however prepared you think you are to deal with them, they will still pull you screaming and kicking along for the ride, intentionally or unintentionally. Get used to being manhandled, and you might even get something out of it."

Somehow, she didn't think El-Melloi had this sort of thing in mind at all.

Time: (??:??)
    Day: January 12th-13th (?)

It was a still, beautiful night. The winds that picked up at intervals, rushing in from the sea to bring with them the chill of the ocean and the smell of brine, had temporarily subsided, but not before clearing the sky of the multitudinous cumuli that had covered the night sky up to this hour. With nothing to obstruct its appearance, the full moon reigned upon the heavens like a great luminous eye, watching over the city of Tengetsu - and the magi that had made it their dwelling.

No battle was promised tonight; the overhanging orb was content to merely watch the Masters of this War scamper about in their preparations, like so many pawns moving to and fro on the checkered board in preparation of the oncoming conflict. It could afford to wait, for that moment would come as surely as the Great Blizzard, and with much the same ferocity.

It saw all there was to see, and thus it could not fail to see that too.

A misshapen, fledgling familiar, crafted from the most basic materials with the intent of lasting for only a single flight. Flapping its tiny wings with as much power as its size could afford, it soared from the lightless city like a ghostly hummingbird, each movement and gust of wind threatening to tear the fragile construct apart.

Yet, it did not break, nor did it falter, and the passing of time brought it ever closer to its preordained destination. When it caught the rare passing light, a symbol could be seen on the familiar's back, like a manufacturer's seal. With its help, the frail familiar would not fall apart until it had reached its destination, the end of its journey.

An indeterminable amount of time had passed until it finally reached the shrine, seemingly devoid of presence. Nearing the end of its functional lifespan, the familiar circled the courtyard of the shrine for a few time, before finding a tall perch to roost.

A moment later, the perch ever so slightly moved.

The supervisor of Heaven's Moon regarded the disintegrating familiar on her shoulder with a cool eye. Soon, there was only a paper left to be carried by the mountain breeze, which she caught between two fingers before it floated away. In a hard-pressed handwriting, it read:

SERVANT TRICKSTER HAS ENTERED THE HOLY GRAIL WAR

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time: 1:39
    Day: January 13th

"Ryougi-------- Kirame."

Her voice momentarily catches itself, and the eyes of the tall priestess as she repeats the name said aloud. Slowly, like ice creeping up towards the sea, a smile rises to her lips. It was in no way a smile that could have eased the situation. To the contrary, the weight of her words, her presence, turned into a downright chill that was aimed at the Master in front of her. For a moment, the darkness that surrounded the chamber seemed to groan under the weight of something. The revealed teeth of the supervisor reflected the flames, and---

"Ha... hahahaha..." the laughter that emanated from deep within Sourokurou was not a pleasant thing to hear. "As divined, so it has happened... It seems that at this point, there is no reason to doubt the rest of the results."

"What are you saying, Master?" Ruler asked, grinning chillingly. "Your skills are top-notch. I acknowledged them. Thus, you should show some pride in them."

"Indeed," Sourokurou hummed ever so slightly, and turned her attention back to Kirame. "Now, Ryougi Kirame... are there any questions you wish to ask of me? If not, Ruler will guide you out through the route behind the shrine. Do note that the only time you should return here after that would be when seeking shelter after defeat. Thus..."

The dark eyes shone with the flames.

"... If you have questions, you should ask them now."

Anna Bernhart
    Location - Harbor - Family House

Phase - Night
    Time - 22:26
    Day - January 12

"Ah, that's not really what I'm trying to do, Maker..." Anna stepped back. She tried to think of a way to explain herself, but couldn't seem to solidify her jumbled up thoughts into coherent sentences. She went over this with herself before, at least in her head. The girl sighed, though it was interrupted by the shrieking of the kettle. Anna smiled again.

"No, no, I'm not tired at all, Maker!" She continued to step back, then almost accidentally plopped down on the chair she previously occupied. Sitting down felt strangely good. "Well, maybe just a bit..."

She nodded at her Servant's tea-related question, and let herself lean back on the wooden chair to relax. "If you don't mind."

Maker's overwhelming presence, the girl's anxiety over her Servant, the toll of the ritual on her body and circuits, and the punishingly fair arguments against her wish all formed up into a highly unpleasant, tiring headache. At the very least, Maker wasn't eager to continue arguing. Maybe she could tell that Anna was in no shape to do so.

"I wish we had some sweets to go with the tea..."

Azama Tae
    Time: 21:55

"I see."

Saber and I have been talking for a good twenty minutes now. It has been a very professional talk all around, neither of us sharing more than what's absolutely necessary. We're co-workers rather than friends, so knowledge on intimate matters is unneeded. Her past, her identity, her wish, those things do not matter to me at the moment. What she is capable of is what's most important. So after hearing a description of her skills, I do not ask any further questions or remarks. If she's truly the most powerful Servant in this war, she will show it to me when the time comes.

"Let me make something clear... I have no intention of fighting alongside you, Saber. I will remain in the shadows and provide offensive support only If I ever deem it necessary. In other words, it's likely that you will have to deal with both Master and Servant on your own. I trust a hero of your caliber won't have a problem with a slightly heavier load."

The biggest advantage I have is the fact that other Masters do not know who I am or how I look like. I won't waste it by jumping headfirst into a fight or keeping Saber glued to me at all times. It might be a cowardly approach to the eyes of some, but no one ever promised honor in this war. Saber questioned my resolve earlier because I lack a wish to ask the Mocking Grail, but my ultimate goal is still survival. For that, I need to dispose of eight other Masters. Seeking shelter after defeat is not an option for me... Then, it goes without saying that I am in this to win. If that is the case, it should come as no surprise that I am saying this. Should it come down to it, I'll eliminate the other teams in the most cowardly way possible.

"However, do not misunderstand. I am not calling quits... I am fighting through this my own way. I'll do my part, and you will do yours."

I politely excuse myself, announcing the end of the conversation as I leave the table. It's still early, but I should catch some sleep nonetheless. There is a lot of things to be done tomorrow and the ritual has left me exhausted. So, without further ado, I change into pajamas.

"You Servants don't require sleep, do you? Convenient. You can keep watch tonight, Saber. There is food over there if you feel an urgent need to replenish lost energy."

Without waiting for an answer, I get into the bed and cover myself with blankets. Now glaring at my Servant, I deliver one final warning.

"Don't try anything stupid while I am asleep."
    Last edited by hero; February 24th, 2015 at 09:03 AM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 1:41

"... If you have questions, you should ask them now."

“I have…” His voice caught in his throat again. Coughing, Kirame averted his eyes from the priestess. She was the absolute worst kind of woman in a different way from the others that knew to lock onto his weakness. “... No further business here.”

The red on his face was draining away. Turning his eyes away from her helped with his composure, even if only a little. He was a long way away from recovering after Sourokurou’s sneak attack on his character, but he would survive.

Any question he felt like asking, the letters, where to go once the War was concluded, why a Servant was with the supervisor, lost its importance over the desire to be rid of this woman as soon as possible. He wouldn’t need to hear any more words from her to know that she was dangerous to him.

“We won’t be seeing each other…” One last attempt at salvaging his pride, Kirame looked up to meet the priestess’ dark eyes, and he crumbled again. He turned his face to the Servant instead, Ruler, someone he could talk at normally. Staring into a storm was preferable to this enemy.

“Seeing each other again.” Eyes locked onto Ruler, he spoke to Sourokurou. “I won’t be defeated.”

Yes, a wolf is always easier to deal with than a monster. Being caught in a storm is always preferable to sinking into an abyss, like the one he saw in those eyes lit up by flame.

“I'm done here.” The words were meant for Ruler this time. “Show me the way, Servant.”

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Servant Saber
    Time: 21:56

Let me make something clear... I have no intention of fighting alongside you, Saber. I will remain in the shadows and provide offensive support only If I ever deem it necessary. In other words, it's likely that you will have to deal with both Master and Servant on your own. I trust a hero of your caliber won't have a problem with a slightly heavier load.

"Oh, there's no need to worry about that. I expected as much after you explained your situation." A dismissive wave of my hand was all the consideration I had for her statement. After all, what kind of Master could hope to oppose a Servant? "Even a great demon beyond human comprehension would struggle to be more than a passing nuisance to me."

It was just a simple statement of fact. No master could hope to challenge a Hero alone, and only a dedicated support-type Servant could bring a mere human even to the level of a hopeless battle.

You Servants don't require sleep, do you? Convenient. You can keep watch tonight, Saber. There is food over there if you feel an urgent need to replenish lost energy.

Oh, too bad. I was hoping to get a night of peace before the War began in earnest, but really, that was a naïve wish at best. Even so early there was always a chance that another Servant was on the prowl. Nodding in agreement, I rose from my seat and moved to go outside. I was sure to give Tae her modesty as she prepared to sleep, but her last order turned my head towards an interesting sight.

Don't try anything stupid while I am asleep.

"...Ahah, Master, there's no point in giving orders while dressed like that. It's impossible to take you seriously when you seem to be no more than a little girl in her pajamas!" Giggling, I quickly turned around and left the cabin, shifting through the door in spirit form before Tae could offer a rebuttal. Oh, that ability was going to be useful. No more need for mundane methods of stealth or gaining entry, and more focus on the more important parts of information gathering.

Oh, but planning could wait a little while longer. In the meantime I had sword strokes to practice. The vessel I had been called in was mighty, but still sorely diminished from my best. It was going to take some getting used to.

--------------------------

DAY 1 END
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Blog Entries
    Time: 23:35

The reaction she had squeezed out of Artificer was better than she had hopes for. Not as colorful as Kirame’s would have been, but fun in its own right. The lingering, downtrodden mood in the old smithy had been swept away by a breeze of fresh air.

Nozomi couldn’t help a smirk. Artificer and Kirame were even more alike than she had expected.

Artificer even thought to strike back by passing work her way, as a ‘test,’ or in his words a ‘lesson.’ But to her it was more of a challenge. Issued directly to both her own talent and her grandfather’s teachings.

“Underestimatin’ me aren’ja?” She asked, taking one of the lighter hammers laying on the old wooden rack. The first part of this test would be to begin it immediately, and she didn’t miss even a heartbeat. The metal would need to be worked before it cooled again. She also needed to examine the red-hot sheet to find what needed work.

It didn’t take her more than an instant to do so.

Nozomi brought the hammer down, the first strike of many. Tonight would be her first under her new master, a legend reborn. She wouldn’t disappoint him.

Once again by her own hands the aged smithy in the heart of the Old Town was filled with the music of hammer meeting steel, a song that played into the latest hours of the night. Now however, it was a duet.

And in the hours to come that duet would welcome Ryougi Kirame back from his long trip to the Yamaichi Shrine.

DAY 1 END

Servant Assassin
    Time: 03:30

A long figure stands on the rooftop of a dilapidated butchery, his lean figure blending in with the dark night. The Servant Assassin gazes over the sleeping district, snow falling softly and gathering on the ground. As per request from his Master, he was keeping a sharp eye on the area and to alert if anything suspicious or unusual was occurring nearby. The slender ebony masked man chuckles sourly.

Master.

The word slithered from his mouth contemptuously like a poisonous serpent. He hated the word and connotations associated with it, the feeling of being shackled to another. If he had his way he would not hesitate to rip the head off his "Master" and claim his seals for his own. The freedom he would be granted... But alas, the seals prevented such actions so long as they remained. He would have to tolerate his Master's presence so long as he or Assassin still lived. Every tool had its purpose and he would use his Master to obtain the Grail of this war.

Assassin scoops a handful of snow, his spidery fingers clasping the cold precipitation. A low chuckle escapes his mask as he gazes at the lit skyline of the distant Business District.

"Nothing has changed," Assassin states as he throws the snow in his hand into the wind.

Arid winds and blistering heat of a sunlit mountain fortress filled with mindless soldiers in the desert.

Frigid blizzards and freezing snow of a moonlit butcher's shop filled with mindless ghouls in the tundra.

A brilliant city built with stone and mortar.

A glorious city built with steel and electricity.

A shift of Assassin's jaw as if he were smiling.

"Nothing has changed at all."

--Day One End

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Time: 22:00

As I laid on my bed, I thought about Invoker. Why did she want to hide her true name? I thought Heroic Spirits would be proud to tell their master their name. Yet Invoker deflected the question and changed into those two forms. But if she didn’t want me to find out her real name then why did she mention that the catalyst being linked to her? Perhaps she wants me to find the answer without directly telling me? But why won’t she tell me?

I started to look at Invoker’s catalyst. I couldn’t make head or tails of it save for the fact that it was one page of a religious text. I set it aside and started to thumb through my Yuri magazine. And I discovered why Invoker’s two forms earlier seemed to look familiar. Invoker copied the looks of Kosame-chan (Innocent Miko) and Eris-san (Haughty Westerner) from two of my favorite mangas.

Truthfully, when I told Invoker to choose the form that made her happy. I was hoping that she would choose one of those forms on her own initiative. I felt a small regret at not asking Invoker to be one of them especially since she got annoyed (?) at me. I think Invoker and I could get along better if she chose one of those forms because...

With Kosame-chan, I could take her on a tour of Old Town and introduce her to everyone at Yamaichi Shrine. All the while slightly leading her by the hand as we both try to keep blushes off of our face. Then at night, I can feed her my home cooked meals with a “Here Ah~” routine. Then in bed, we can cuddle with each other until we fall asleep.

With Eris-san, I can imagine her dragging me to the Business District and going to all of the normal stores. She’ll show me that side of Tengetsu and teach me about what normal people do. She’ll say that she isn’t teaching me because she want to or anything. “It’s because she doesn’t want me to make her look bad.” Then later, she’ll take me to an upper class restaurant and pay for the entire thing despite my complaints of wanting to split the bill.

Ah mou! Why didn’t I ask Invoker to use one of those forms? We would get along much bett-

"Or could it be that you are the kind of person that would rather write your own contents on everyone's slate, stealing them of their own choice, of their own destiny? Ufufufu, how cruel."
    That’s when I remember one of the things Invoker said. Did I narrowly avoid a pitfall? But if that’s the case, then why was Invoker annoyed at me? Shouldn’t she be glad that I wanted her to be herself around me? Should I ask her to switch to one of them to appease her?

After calming myself down a little bit, I decided that I was going to ask Invoker tomorrow. I hope Invoker’s business is helping someone out right now.

DAY ONE END

Francis York(?) Morgan
    Location - Outskirts - Winding Path
    Phase - Night
    Time - 20:40

I stirred awake from the listless half-sleep I reside in when not awake, it is the feeling of knowing the world around you, acknowledging its being, but being completely unable to interact with it, locked in place.

If such an existence was yours, and one day, as you lay there, in misery, a voice came down from above and asked if you were alright, would you answer? Could you answer?

All I could do was think, but in the end, it seems that was enough.

What mattered was the moment.

I swept my eyes across the stairs, dusted with frost in the night's wintry air, the frigid pressure of the air settling in around my ears and embracing me with all the love and affection of a garrote.

I rubbed at my temples, I was already beginning to acquire a dull ache, as was the usual when awakening to find yourself in a body and identity that, no matter how hard you tried to fake yourself into believing, was not yours. It was his, and it would be rude to take it.

Figures, lazy jerk, finally pops up after I do all the work and let's me climb up all the stairs. After all I've done for him.

I grumbled under my breath, puffing my breath out in a short sigh of irritation, the exhalation visible in the night's air as a pale, wispy smoke.

I need to stop this internal monologue crap, got things to do.

"Right then, now that's over with, let's go see who's going to be our babysitter for this kill-fest."

I moved up the stairs with that last remark.

Servant Saver
    Time: 22: 50

For a moment, Saver’s temper flared, a change of mood that was accompanied by a warm, sizzling sensation.

To have her explanation be dismissed like so… it could not be clearer that he had not paid the slightest attention to what she had been saying! Without a clue of what he had gotten into, he simply went to sleep. Either he was a dullard with a death wish, or had simply believed tonight to be some sort of dream or hallucination that would disappear in the morning.

“You…”

Irritated, she was halfway ready to wake him up through force and see if he would listen better if parts of his room were on fire or with some new implements in his body, but a second glance at his sleeping face convinced her against it.

He was but a lost child, caught up in a death match he had no part of. She did not know his age, but he couldn’t have been over 20- an unfortunate age to die, filled with endless regrets over that which could not have been accomplished in such a short life.

The lectures and reprimands could wait. Tonight would probably be the last with which he could sleep with such peace- She would grant him that, at least.

With a sigh, her temper evaporated, leaving only the peaceful and calm atmosphere of the room.

As… considerate as her Master’s offer had been, she had no need for sleep and no desire for it either, a benefit enjoyed by the spirits of the deceased. So tonight would have to be spent keeping watch.

A task she had little reservations against.

Attempting to de-materialize, she gave a frown. According to the knowledge she had been granted, it should have been possible- but perhaps this was just side-effect of her unusual Master. No matter.

Instead, she left the room silently, and made her way outside. With a small leap, she sat on top the snow-covered rooftops, and gazed out at the city in fascination. The spectacle was not an amazing sight- the walls of the estate and the sides of the other buildings cluttered up the view, with only the poor illumination of the moon to keep complete darkness at bay. There was nothing breathtaking about the sight at all- but Saver did not mind in the slightest.

It was too late for anyone to be scurrying about- the harsh weather had forced them to retire early into the safe, warm refuge of their shelters, but without a doubt, she knew they were out there.

Humans.

Many were wicked, engaging in all sorts of debauchery and heresy. Some could commit crimes as easy as breathing, lacking in even the slightest compassion for their fellows. Millennia had passed since she first started watching them, and little had changed. Yet, she had not tired of it in the slightest. It was part of the decision she had made a lifetime ago and she had not the slightest intention of going back on it.

And so, as the first night of the Grail War passed, and her Master slept peacefully unaware in his room-

---Saver gazed out ever vigilantly at the city, at the humanity which she loved.

Day One END-----
    Last edited by Satehi; March 1st, 2015 at 04:33 AM.