Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Moon White Redux (RP)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Phase: Day 1/3
    Time: 08:14
    Day: January 13th

The sword that was swung with a deadly force, even when in its sheath, stopped mere inch away from the old man's face. Thanks to the amount of people on the streets, nobody seemed to pay attention to what happened between the two of them, or, at the very least, nobody made fuss about it. However, that was not important right now. What was important for Kirame was to see how this strange old man would react to such direct threat against his life.

------ And, strangely, enough, the old man did not seem surprised in the slightest. Indeed, he did not even flinch or bat an eye at the strike that was about to kill him stone dead.

With a sigh, he smiled sardonically and began talking.

"You know, young'un, if you want to off an old fool like me, there are easier ways," the old man said and chuckled, until that turned into a small fit of hacking cough. "I'm not exactly spring-chicken, if you know what I mean. This old, weary husk ain't got much life left in it, so you might just hit me with your fist, and I'd fall down dead. No need to dirty your fancy sword on someone like me."

Then, the old man scratched his chin, looking around to the mass of people that surrounded them.

"But, I understand your point," he said. "Damn pickpockets are everywhere in this neighborhood, so might as well make sure, right? You're the sharp type, ain'tcha, young'un?"

Phase: Morning 1/3
    Time: 6:52

"H-hey now, don't go throwing away honest advice so easily! I wasn't kidding, you know! If you're not careful, you won't catch yourself until you're just another twenty-something office worker. Or worse, a stay at home mom!"
    Kairi made a sour face at the thought.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that. I haven't met any dude I'd want to spend so many years with," she said with honest tone. "And office life just ain't for me. I mean, just look at me. Do I look like someone who'd be hired by some big corporation?"

With a grin, Kairi spun around as if to show herself off to Saber. And in a sense, the young girl was right. With her bright red hair, her earrings and her overall lax attire, she seemed much more like delinquent-in-the-making than an upstanding citizen. If anything, she was fated to become the lead guitarist of some semi-famous punk-rock band and then fade into obscurity, only to re-emerge as a more semi-famous producer...

... Or, at least, that was how Kairi saw it herself.

"Forgive me, but... you were being quite loud earlier. I heard a bit of your conversation, even from the other side of the street. As it happens, my ojou-chan and I are here to investigate strange happenings on Tengetsu, in regards to one person in particular. Has anything greatly unusual happened in the past couple of months, besides the unfortunate fate of the priest the other day?"
    This seemed to pique Kairi's interest. Her eyes began shining like those of a true mystery maniac, and she put the taiyaki she was eating back into the paper bag. After that, she opened her school bag, and fished out what seemed like a small memo. Opening the thing, it quickly became clear that it was filled with lazy handwriting and taped Polaroid photos. Kairi leaned in closer and began showing off the notebook to Saber.

"Oh, you're mystery hunters, too? Man, I knew that Kichiro was full of shit! No way would I be the only one noticing all the strange stuff happening in this city," Kairi excitedly said, sounding almost like she was purring out of excitement. "Anyhow, there's been quite a lot of strange stuff going on, actually. First of all, there's that supposed ghost of the Residential District. Nobody knows where it came from, but at least it's real! Here, look!"

Kairi pointed at a particularly smudgy photo that seemed to be of a street of some sort, near some kind of large, walled-off estate. In that picture, a strange white glow could be seen that was vaguely humanoid-shaped.

"Then, of course, there are the town legends of the black cat, the murdered servant of the Mayor's household and Dr. Ochemond, along with ghost submarine and all other legends stemming from the German occupation times," Kairi explained, showing a page for each name she mentioned. "But if you want something more concrete that's happened recently, well... I suppose there were the strange light shows that happened last night."

Kairi scratched her chin, looking like even she did not know much about them.

"They say they happened all over the island. Something about ball lightning and whatever," the redhead explained. "But it sounds fishy, doesn't it?"

Time: 07:46

"Very much, Miss Chi. I'm Art. As you supposed, I've just moved in. It's actually good to see a friendly face. This town is rather intimidating, beyond the first glance. I've seen my share of winding streets, but none have ever managed to turn me around so much. In a way, I'd call meeting you a blessing."
    "Oh, I know, I know! People here tend to be awfully rude to new faces!"

Lady Ch́hóng giggled after saying that, as if she had told a joke of some sort. It seemed that Art's good manners had managed to put the crimson-wearing woman to a good mood, as she was practically skipping as they walked down the street, heading to the inn.

"But, you'll get used to it eventually. I know I did, and I have a horrible sense of direction. You should have seen me during the first few months! I accidentally ended up at the lawn of the Fujimura clan, and the heiress drove me off while swinging a sword for crying out loud! That tiger is just heinous, I tell you,"
    Lady Ch́hóng babbled on. "You know what you should do: you should get one of those tourist guides. Actually, I think I have few left at the reception desk of my inn. Let me find you one once we get there."

Then, as if that had sparked an idea in the young woman's head, she turned to look at Artificer with her eyes shining.

"Oh, actually, I'll let Aohara-chan handle that! We can enjoy some tea and cake in the meantime!" she happily suggested. "I just bought some of this amazing cheesecake at the confectionery near the station. The baumkuchen they make is just heavenly, but recently I've learned they make just as good cakes! They even have carrot cakes! Can you believe that? Carrot! Who'd have thought vegetables would make a good ingredient for cakes. But then again, I suppose cheese is quite similar in that regard---"

Suddenly,
    Lady Ch́hóng clamped her mouth shut, and blushed ever so slightly. She looked at the Servant again, laughing a little in embarrassment.

"Oh, sorry. I'm rambling on again. Just say when you've had enough of me talking your ear off, I know I tend to do that," she apologized.

Time: 06:42

“It’s Saver. I was not born in this country, you see. And your generosity will not be forgotten, Miss Fujimura.”
    For a moment, Tetora looked surprised. She scrunched her face, as if trying to remember something, but clearly, the details eluded her. She repeated Saver's name a couple of times under her breath, but after coming up with nothing, she simply shook her head, and smiled at the girl once again. At the same time, she rose up from the tatami, and gestured the Servant to follow her.

"Alright, Saver-chan. Let's see if I can find you that uniform."

Leaving Homura behind to finish his breakfast, Tetora brought Saver to one of the side-rooms of the large main building. Unlike Homura's room, this one seemed to have been in the use of a female person, but judging from the amount of dust that had gathered on the window sill, the room itself hadn't been used in a long time. Very long time. As Tetora and Saver entered the room, the black-haired woman had something of a pan of forlorn expression flash on her face, but it was gone just as quickly as it had appeared.

Instead, the tigress headed straight to the cabinet, which she opened, revealing a collection of clothing.

"Let's see now, it should be here somewhere..."

Having said that, Tetora began rummaging through the wardrobe. As she did, a gentle silence fell over the room, accompanied by the soft glow of sunlight pouring in from the outside. Unlike even further up in the north, the sun did rise relatively early in Tengetsu, and though it was just above the horizon, it still managed to warm up the island a little. This was rather good, as when the day turned to afternoon, the sun would be just as quick to descend back below the horizon.

"Ya know... I'm not a complete fool. I can tell when I'm bein' lied to. Especially by Homura-kun," Tetora suddenly began speaking, keeping her voice relatively quiet so Homura wouldn't overhear. "But on the other hand, like I said, I ain't a complete fool. I've had my fair share of times when I've had to lie, too. And judgin' from what I can see, yer not here to hurt Homura-kun. If ya were, Zenko-chan wouldn't have let ya in in the first place. So, in the end, I really don't need to know what yer hidin'. Ya have yer reason to lie, and it's probably a good reason. That's good enough for me...... Oh, here it is!"

Interrupting her speech for a moment, Tetora finally emerged from the wardrobe holding what seemed like a black sailor uniform that was used by the girls of Sayoshigure High School. Unlike the normal uniforms, however, this one seemed to have an extra long skirt, and for some reason, it had a black jacket thrown over it. On the back of the long jacket were white kanji, which seemed to read "CRUSH", "KILL" and "DESTROY" in a very nonsensical manner. Laughing rather awkwardly, Tetora quickly removed the jacket and stuffed it back into the closet, before offering the uniform to Saver.

"I know times get mighty tough for all of us every once in a while," Tetora continued speaking as she helped the Servant to dress up in the uniform. "From first hand experience, no less. So I also know that durin' those times, help of others is more important than ever. And if Homura-kun's decided to help ya out... I see no reason to doubt ya. That young punk might be foolish like a bag 'o potatoes sometimes, but even he's got heart where it counts. So... Saver-chan."

Then, just for a moment, Tetora did something strange. Her expression changed from slightly stern but well-meaning to a gentle smile, a smile that she would have never shown in front of Homura. It was almost like the black-haired woman was looking both at the Servant in front of her, as well as someone else that only she could see.

"If yer troubled, alone and have no place to call home right now... yer more than welcome to sleep here. Heaven knows this place is big and empty as it is already, so a new face or two will just liven it up," Tetora said and chuckled. "And if ya got any problems, feel free to ask for help. I know some people, so I can get stuff done. And besides... I'm supposed to be the responsible adult here, right?"

Her grin turned slightly mischievous as she tied the uniform's ribbon for Saver, finishing the ordeal of putting the attire on.

"There we go! Pretty as a picture, if I say so myself," Tetora said, stepping back and putting her hands on her hips, admiring the sight of Saver in the school uniform.

Time: 6:41

"As the one who enforces the rules of this war, Mochizuki-san, you must know of the Servants classes that were summoned, and I bet I am not the first Master who came to visit you. Since I came all the way here, mind sharing some of that information with me...?"
    Sourokurou's smile turned slightly dark as she heard this question. Her glinting eyes followed Tae, but the hint of amusement stayed in her expression. Clearly she had not expected something like this to be asked, and the younger girl had managed to pleasantly surprised her. Putting her hands on her lap, Sourokurou fell into deep thought for a moment.

When she once again opened her eyes, she spoke with her booming voice so that it filled the silence.

"The first one to be summoned was Enchanter. The next one was Trickster, as for the rest..." Sourokurou's smile widened a bit. "... They mostly follow the formula familiar to the normal Holy Grail Wars. However, each was summoned during the previous night, so no deviations occurred in that regard. In that sense, this Holy Grail War has followed its patterns admirably."

Stroking her chin, the priestess then continued.

"The Masters themselves, however, are... an irregular bunch. It has caused some concern, yes," Sourokurou said, but then her sharp eyes turned towards Tae. "But I suppose you knew of this already. After all... it is not as if you are a magus yourself."

Later That Day... (10:01)

"If animals aren't allowed in here, why are we greeted by a barking dog? Oh, did the winter ruin your mood perhaps? You should wait diligently for the East Wind to blow, till the Plum Blossoms flourish in full bloom~"
    The golden eyes narrowed.

"Silence, cur. Your dirty lips are unworthy of repeating poetry, be it good or bad," Ruler said, folding his arms across his chest. The presence of this Servant had changed from when Kiyoko had met him yesterday. Now, the mere sight of Invoker seemed to have put him in a foul mood. "You should know your place. Speak only when addressed first, remember 'please' and 'may I?' and do not raise your eyes to the level of your superiors."

The mouth that had been tightly formed in a stern expression now turned into a sneer as the blue-clothed Servant continued to rain insults upon Invoker. Arrogance seemed to pour out of him as he verbally started to set the rules of this encounter, turning the atmosphere of the entrance hall even chillier by comparison.

"You are in the presence of your betters, maggot. Act like your kind does. Grovel in the ground and be thankful you haven't been squashed yet," Ruler concluded. "Even a magpie knows to stay silent when gazed upon by an eagle."

Then, for some reason, the golden eyes left Invoker, and instead gazed at the half-open door that led outside. For some reason, the cruel grin on Ruler's face widened ever so slightly, and for a moment, he looked just like a wolf that had spotted a wounded deer. This man that stood before them had the arrogant aura of a gold-clad emperor, but within his eyes, there existed savagery and barbaric nature unlike any other.

"And speaking of thieving birds treading where they should not..."

-------------------------- It happened too suddenly.

Before Invoker could even react or realize what was going on, her link to her servants outside, watching the road, was mercilessly crushed. Something suddenly formed in the sky above the shrine, and rained death upon her familiars. They were skewered on spot by sharp weapons, even in their hiding places, and torn apart by what sounded like crashing thunder. Even if not unnecessary as an act, the method was still surprisingly violent. Just an instant of brutality, and then it was gone. By the time Invoker could register the course of events, it was already over. Her servants were no more.

Ruler smiled wickedly, his eyes back at the Servant.

"This is a holy place, maggot. Keep your flock at bay, as they are unworthy to even tread those stone steps."

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Artificer
    Time: 6:52

Quote Originally Posted by Chi
    "Oh, sorry. I'm rambling on again. Just say when you've had enough of me talking your ear off, I know I tend to do that."
    "I don't mind," Artificer admitted freely. Despite himself, it was rather relaxing just walking and listening to someone talk about meaningless things. "As a craftsman, I came to this island for inspiration. Tales of carrot cake and tiger women can be rather interesting if told by the right person. Besides, it isn't as if I'm in any sort of hurry. The day is still young, is it not?"

"A winter bird sings,
    'Neath the snow are sleeping strays
    Utterly transfixed."

Quite honestly, this was what he'd set out to do. Staying indoors was perfectly fine, but Artificer had always drunk from the nature around him in order to impart life onto his creations. He had hours until the unborn sword would require his attention, and there was no better way to spend a day than to surrender himself to the flows of fate and see where they took him.

"It might be quite rude of me to say so," he continued, as if he hadn't just busted out a haiku out of nowhere. "But I'm afraid I can't refuse an offer of tea, even if it's more than this one deserves for delivering such a paltry service."

He'd never had cheesecake before, but it sounded delicious.

Azama Tae
    Phase: Morning
    Time: 6:41 1/3

"..."

Looks like I've successfully retrieved more than one useful piece of information. Enchanter... Trickster... Both irregular classes I have no prior information on. Their talents can be roughly guessed through the names assigned to them... However, unlike the traditional classes who identify themselves with a weapon or a distinctive trait one can normally find with a glance, these two are a lot more troublesome. Perhaps what's more surprising, though, is the fact that all the summonings happened last night... In other words, the war has officially started and I am not ahead nor behind other Masters. Every decision I make from now on will make a difference in the near future.

"Certainly, I am no Magus. Of that there is no doubt."

I smile a bit as I recall the reference that flew over my head earlier. That silly mistake should have been enough to mark me as a non-magus, but I have the impression that Mochizuki-san was aware of it even before that happened. I can't say I like the idea... But I expected no less from the supervisor of this war. Naturally, this presents a great risk to my person as as not only does she know my identity, but she's also aware of greatest strength and weakness. If she were to share it with the other Masters... I'd be at a disadvantage.

"..."

Today, I'll leave the temple aware of that fact.

I have no choice but to deal with it. Anything else would be foolish. For now, I should fold and wait for a better hand.

That said, It goes without saying that I didn't miss the point of Sourokurou's words: It was a warning, telling me that Magi won't be the only foes I'll encounter. Vampires and executors, demons and hunters, the supernatural world is plagued with dozens of creatures and factions. There is no telling as to who I could be facing against if more irregulars have answered the call of the Grail. Though discouraging to an extent, this is probably the most important piece of advice I've received during this meeting and for that I am grateful.

"Thanks for everything. With that, there is nothing else I wish to ask as a Master in this Holy Grail War. However, there is one final thing I'd like to ask you personally."

I take a moment to gather my thoughts.

I can't think of a way in which I can make my next question sound any less suspicious, especially when I am not the kind of person to beat around the bush. Even so, I must be careful as this information could be critical in finding my friend. Seeing as I've got nothing concrete, this lead is as important as any of the others.

"I am interested in an orphan who used to live here until around four years ago. Do you know what was of her?"
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Astrid Hildebrandt
    Time: 07:02

In the silence of the room, one could almost imagine hearing the low whirring of mental gears, spurred into motion by the tentative voice on the other side of the line. From each new element sprung forth a question, with the singular franticness of a mind abruptly thrust from torpor to alertness.

A message; perhaps alike to the taunting letter, and if so, similarly distributed? Comprehensible only to Masters, or another requisite entirely? Is it her knowledge or her skill set that might decipher it?

Thoughts parallel and interwoven, outlining the framework of reasoning in the span of a single breath—

"It sounds... somewhat personal."
    —and, in the same moment, both laid low and brought to a culmination. The faint rustle of movement lingering in the air did little to divert Astrid's attention, as she awaited Meiji's strained voice with tense anticipation.

"It seems to be written in some sort of optical brightener. I tested it to the best of my abilities in the lab, and I could conclude that it wasn't bodily fluids. Whoever wrote this message wanted it to be visible only under specific circumstances."
    As expected of the commissioner, his scientific examination yielded results that Astrid's own scan, conducted with more esoteric means, could not. It was regrettable, but for her preparations for the War to cover everything there was to know about the island and the ritual itself, some things were inevitably shifted to the back burner; and that was precisely why she had entrusted the letters to Myoujingata Meiji's investigative acuity.

Besides, the man would hardly pass over a crack at forensic analysis.

"I think you'd better see this for yourself. This doesn't seem like a matter that should be discussed on phone."
    Humming lightly in agreement, Astrid stood up from the bed, phone still held to her ear. Though she hadn't yet had any definite plans for her daytime activities, she had equally not expected returning to the police station in such a short time, but it was just as well; and perhaps, in the future, it might even prove opportune.

From the moment the message acquired a personal tone, four possibilities presented themselves, each reflecting Astrid's capacities.

As the scion of the Hildebrandt.
    As a member of the Association.
    As a Master in the Heaven's Moon.

And most promisingly of all, as a person involved in that case.

Four paths stretched before her, but only one held a ring of veracity, be it intuition or fantasy. All she had to do is ascertain it.

Astrid made an about-turn to face the room, ready to end the call and depart as soon as possible, and was promptly given significant pause, her words dissipating from her mind before utterance. For a moment, she could only stare, the phone call briefly forgotten.

Exiting the bathroom with a brisk step, illuminated by the faint wisps of twilight, was a truly bewildering sight.

“....Hm, I see you’re quite busy, sir. Well then, I won’t bother you.”
    "......I'll be there as soon as I can."

Click.

Exhale.

"..."

Though the still-functioning prana link addressed some questions before they were truly raised, that did not mean Astrid readily knew how to approach this situation. It wasn't uncommon for magi to exhibit some degree of bipolarity, but reconciling the image of this brusque, sombre girl with the voluptuous Servant of yesternight was a difficult task at any time, let alone in the small hours. Even dealing with Flauros' mercuriality seemed easier in retrospect.

Unsure how to break the silence, Astrid kept soundless watch of the girl who was contenting herself with the dawning subarctic vista. When the still was disturbed, it was with words picked more labouriously than usual.

"Something came up that requires my immediate attention. I don't think I'll take too long, but you can tag along if you want."

Running an appraising eye over the black-haired girl, as if she was still in disbelief, Astrid began buttoning up her dress shirt, disheveled as it was after sleep and a bout of Trickster's ministrations. It was a testament to how off-guard she was that she hadn't thought anything of confronting the girl with an open shirt.

"For what it's worth - and I never expected to say this - you could easily pose as an assistant as you are now. Though I don't think my clothes are going to fit you."

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Time: 10:01

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler-oniisan
    "Izumi, I thought animals were supposed to be kept out of the shrine."
    Animals? I don't see any animals nearby the shrine. In fact, I don't even hear any of the animals from earlier around. So what is Onii-san talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Invoker
    "If animals aren't allowed in here, why are we greeted by a barking dog? Oh, did the winter ruin your mood perhaps? You should wait diligently for the East Wind to blow, till the Plum Blossoms flourish in full bloom~"
    That's when Invoker walked in front of me and her aura changed. Gone was the young girl who called me her onee-chan and in front of me was a confident "hero." However, I was really surprised by Onii-san's next words

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler-oniisan
    Silence, cur. Your dirty lips are unworthy of repeating poetry, be it good or bad," Ruler said, folding his arms across his chest. The presence of this Servant had changed from when Kiyoko had met him yesterday. Now, the mere sight of Invoker seemed to have put him in a foul mood. "You should know your place. Speak only when addressed first, remember 'please' and 'may I?' and do not raise your eyes to the level of your superiors.

You are in the presence of your betters, maggot. Act like your kind does. Grovel in the ground and be thankful you haven't been squashed yet. Even a magpie knows to stay silent when gazed upon by an eagle.

And speaking of thieving birds treading where they should not...

This is a holy place, maggot. Keep your flock at bay, as they are unworthy to even tread those stone steps."
    Why is Onii-san being so mean to Invoker? I always knew that Oniisan was "different" in comparison to everyone else. But he was always nice. Occasionally teasing too much, but he was never this mean to anyone. Why is he being mean to Invoker? Was he the reason why Izumi-chan didn't want Invoker around? He did say he asked Izumi to keep "birds" out and Izumi said that Invoker was a bird.

"Oniisan... Why are you being so mean to Invoker?"

I started to tear up a little bit. Why can't everyone get along...

Trickster / Aisaka Sayo
    Time: 07:02

The black-haired girl looked at Astrid with slight confusion in her eyes.

“But wasn’t I already your assistant, Detective? If I’m correct, you hired me some time before you arrived to Tengetsu, so that you could proceed with your investigations more smoothly with the help of my observational skills.”

Her voice was sharp, but rather unpassionate and calm. It was almost as if she was reprimanding the other for forgetting a contract or a promise, but not being particularly mad or sad about it.

“Also, if that clothing mention was something of a joke, I would be rather disappointed in you if you think that was funny, Detective. At any rate, you are clearly a good 40 cm taller than I am, and thus, I would look like a complete dunce wearing something of your size.”

Speaking rather disdainfully, the black-haired girl merely stands up and straightens out her clothes - a simple white and black set of shirt and dress which nearly looked like a uniform.

“These will suit me fine. Although I could use a new set of clothes, perhaps - I seem to have forgot to bring any other sets of clothing, how careless of me.”

There was no hint of servant-ish aura or knowledge within the bearings of the black haired girl - it was almost as if she had turned into nothing but an ordinary human being, in all but the flesh. It was, with no doubt, Trickster who had turned into this brusque little girl - but in all aspects, she was no longer Trickster, the servant, as Astrid knew her to be.

“At any rate, was that one of your contacts? It sounded rather important, if not urgent. It would be best if we moved out ASAP, detective.”
    Last edited by Snax; March 9th, 2015 at 01:17 AM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Character(s)

Invoker, Miyamoto Kiyoko, Izumi, Ruler

Phase ----- Morning
    Time ------ 10:01
    Day ------- January 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler View Post
    "Silence, cur. Your dirty lips are unworthy of repeating poetry, be it good or bad."
    Ah, that shift in his gaze... Invoker suspects that she has hit something with that blind she threw about. Intuition is a handy thing indeed, even if it ultimately causes the already 'slightly' unfriendly character of Ruler's to turn even more toxic -- the deluge of hostility and insults coming out of his entire being are like a torrential downpour beating non-stop on Invoker; this is actually more nostalgic than the shrine itself to Invoker, for she seeing an older form of herself in that man which does not relent with the barrage of affronts. But no matter how hard it rains, the only thing that Invoker does is keep flashing that one large 'innocent' smile at Ruler... one might have the impression that she's not even paying attention to him. It is not because of disinterest however, but rather because Invoker's heard something very similar before, all coming from her very own mouth.

'Ah, the foolishness of people.'

"You should know your place. Speak only when addressed first, remember 'please' and 'may I?' and do not raise your eyes to the level of your superiors. You are in the presence of your betters, maggot. Act like your kind does. Grovel in the ground and be thankful you haven't been squashed yet, Ruler concluded. "Even a magpie knows to stay silent when gazed upon by an eagle."
    Lovely, the reprimand of one that has let power get to their head. Invoker is all too familiar with this 'formality' she's being put through. The ruler berates one which they disapprove and dislike, imposing their authority and undeniable strength as a founding stone and reality of the relationship that is to come, if such a crushing interaction can even be called a relationship of any sort. In the meanwhile, the one that is spoken to cannot act, led into the rhythm of the one ruler -- they end up like a prop manipulated on stage.

But that is not the end a ruler does not solely speak, they act as well. Words are one thing, and actions... with how Invoker has been keeping up her smile, and with the amount of black feathers increasing, it is clear that she is expecting that whatever is next to come from Ruler's behalf, it will not be pure words, rather, it will be a display of force. Proof that these were not empty words.

"And speaking of thieving birds treading where they should not..."
    Here it comes... Invoker has to wonder what will it be, her 'punishment' that is -- a sudden attempt to lop her head off? A spell of some sort? Something else entirely? Perhaps a strike of thunder as divine punishment, but then, how would she be struck if all those standing here were inside a building? Surely Ruler would not dare to damage this--

In a flash, the two Tengu that were monitoring the surroundings of Yamaichi Shrine were turned into charred corpses.

Shock is clearly visible across Invoker's visage as she registers the immediate demise of her summons. She was ready for almost anything, but to think that Ruler could strike that far and that accurately... she is left rather speechless as she realizess that she had underestimated this man, believing he was only capable of direct combat. Perhaps had the image of Ruler and Saber superimposed themselves too much - or maybe that Ruler's demeanor had lured her into believing he would be more of the type to brutalize what was right in front of him, rather than thoes in the distance far away...

"This is a holy place, maggot. Keep your flock at bay, as they are unworthy to even tread those stone steps."
    ...but shock or not, the little pink haired girl giggled sinisterly as the black feathers around her consumed the frail little body and reverted it into a sight that Kiyoko was much more familiar with. The giggle did not ceases, it only seemed to echo endlessly on the walls of the shrine's hall.

"Splendid, teehee, splendid!I shall take on a more appropriate appearance to converse with you then, oh Great Emperor."

Invoker pronounces the title in such a way that the sarcasm in her deep, yet smooth and charming voice is clear, literally palpable. Her speech is accompanied with the clap of her hands - it's does not really fit with the playful smile Invoker's lips have curled into since she took on this form. No matter how one looks at it, she is clearly being ironic; but there is always a bit of truth in irony, still, and in Invoker's case, the ability and power Ruler had displayed has certainly enthralled her.

"But I must say, that was most rude of you. These ones that you mercilessly disposed of were merely innocent and harmless protective spirits. I do not think that they ever shed a drop of blood. Life is unjust, isn't it?"

Invoker sighs, but wherever this is a genuine expression or a faked one is really hard to tell - perhaps that deep inside she laments the loss of her familiars, or perhaps that it is simply the extra prana expenditure she'll have to cope with which is bringing her sorrow... only Invoker herself knows. Also she only knows why exactly:

The fan in her hand turns into a finely crafted Katana. It is not a blade made by humans, far from that, it a fantasy imprinted upon reality's domain. Slicing through the air without a single bit of energy wasted, it slides into position by Invoker's side.

"In all your your righteous wisdom, perhaps would you not mind making some amends? I do not appreciate those that go around and kill with license. No matter they may be: God or Mortal."

While her swordsmanship skills have nowhere dulled, this container in which she has been put does have certain... unfortunate limitations. As handicapped as she is though, it is still the perfect moment to sample what this man here is exactly capable of. There is an extreme sense of hypocrisy here, but that is only obvious if Ruler happens to be aware of the fact that Tengu who are 'slain' do not die, rather they are returned to where they were 'borrowed' from, all as part of the contract formed through Invoker's Noble Phantasm. If that man is fully aware of that detail of the Noble Phantasm, then he might actually guess her true intentions... but even if she is found out, this is already another important discovery for Invoker because she would then be aware that Ruler knows a lot. Not only about skills, but about trump cards as well.

Whatever, she has already drawn her blade; it is very unlikely that there is a way back.

"So, my dear elder? Will you gladly strike me with thunder, or better, with your sword till I see you in a better light?"

Another faint and subtle jab, punctuated with Invoker's chuckle. Wherever Invoker realized the true scale of the danger she had immersed herself in was a good question... but then, logical thinking had since a long time left the stage, at least for the Servant in black.
    Last edited by Ayakashi; March 10th, 2015 at 12:54 AM.

Francis York(?) Morgan
    Location - Park District - Gongujoudo (York's Room)
    Phase - Morning 1/3
    Time - 06:45

I abruptly jerked awake, wrenching myself away from the terrors that stalked my mindways, cooing and barring teeth as they devoured the world with horrible glee, the work of all pointless to stop the enders of time.

"Fucking babies with teeth, who the fuck could come up with that shit."

If I wasn't a purist, I'd go and buy some whiskey to dump in my coffee, but I've got a sure-fire method, and I stuck to it, one of the agents even claimed that, with proper preparations, you could divine the outcome of your day, what you saw, and what-not.

I just enjoyed the coffee for what it was, don't needed to try to see the future with random-number-generated amounts of grains, sugar, and what-not.

I cracked my neck and bumbled in to take a shower, grabbing my shaving equipment on the way.

I lathered and thought about what to do with the upcoming day, we've got a lead, to be sure, might call in and see how Meiji's doing.

Also probably some assorted scouting, Enchanter'd probably appreciate it if I got her some proper clothing, probably do some scouting on the way, check out that steak place, the works.

I frowned, during the times which I was 'at the helm', he usually remained quiet, but he'd been less and less active recently, it was... worrying.

I'm not entirely sure if the relationship we have could be described as a friendship, it certainly wasn't a romance, was it familial?

I sighed as I drew the razor down my cheek, and then there was that priestess last night, and that Servant of hers, Ruler, heh, seemed like 'Executioner' was more appropriate for how he was eyeing me up and down.

But hey, never had a conversation, maybe he's a really swell guy under that whole doom-stare business.

I washed the remainder of the cream off in the spray, wincing with the oncoming hunger, while that convienence store stuff was remarkably filling, it didn't exactly fill in for a meal.

Wonder if they had breakfast here.

"Enchanter, you up? Let's get this day started, anything you looking forward to in particular?"

I queried to my currently invisible hero-ghost-spirit as I dug through the suitcase, while a kimono certainly added to Enchanter's... interestingly bland beauty (could beauty even be bland?) if she was to operate normally, she'd probably need something more casual.

Saver
    Time: 06:43

Listening to Tetora’s words, Saver could only nod quietly, accepting the woman’s help in putting on the uniform without a word.

The woman was perceptive, but despite her earlier ferociousness, a compassionate individual. One who had learned the importance of helping others in their time of need. A type of individual Saver could easily respect, but also a type that was hard for her to deal with. A liar, a thief, a murderer- those types were all much more familiar to her. Preferable, even.

She could only feel a slight guilt for having to impinge upon Tetora’s kindness without telling the truth, of the danger that her presence meant for Homura. The boy, she thought with a bitter smile, had a nice family. And it would be up to her to make sure things remained that way.

“You are correct- I apologize for not telling the complete truth, but I have my reasons. And I can assure you that I hold no ill intentions towards Homura.” She spoke, adopting a more formal tone from before. Tetora had spoken to her truthfully, and she would respond in kind. “Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the full story behind our circumstances, but…”

“I must insist that you do not think of me as a charity case.” Her pride had certainly flared at that insinuation, but Saver could not bring it upon herself to produce any real edge in her tone. Behind those words only laid good intentions, the hardest to refute. And the aid was much appreciated, after all. “I have my reasons, but I can assure you, Miss Fujimura, that if there is anything that you need that I can provide, I will do so gladly.”

“But your suspicions about my housing situation are correct… I must accept your generous offer.” Her little show of bravado ended as quickly as it had begun.

Apparent of the sudden awkwardness between switching from insisting her own independence to accepting Tetora’s aid, Saver’s eyes darted around the room searching for some other topic. She regretted it quickly- the atmosphere of the room, the feminine appearance, apparent disuse, presence of the school uniform (and its additions) and the way Tetora had looked at it- it made her feel almost as if she were intruding upon something important to the woman. But it would make for an easy conversation changer.

“That aside, this uniform is quite nice… ” She said, trying to change the topic. Not that they were bad clothes, though- they were quite nice. Her impression of ‘school’ rose a tad. “You mentioned earlier that you possessed a school uniform. Would this room be yours then, from when you were still in school?”

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maker
    Location - Harbor - Family House
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 08:08
    Day - January 13th
    “I wish I had a familiar for things like these... no, no, you're technically a familiar, Maker, but I'm not saying that you should do it. I meant a more normal familiar, like the ones Magi usually use. Well, if it can't be helped, then it cant be helped. I'll just take care of it.”
    “There is no need to be flustered about that, Master. If you do not mind, I would be more then willing to notify the Supervisor in your stead, while you visit the… “Cross & Grace”, was it?”

“It is unlikely that the enemy would strike you at broad daylight and it is doubly less likely that they will charge the headquarters of the Church so soon into the war.”

The war had not even fully begun. While logically it made no sense, there was a certain… sense in her being, that cautioned Maker from moving against the other Servants at this point in time, even if she stumbled into one in the middle of the street. Though… it was probably likely that most other Servants would have no scruples with performing such an action, even if they felt the same way as she did. Inside the Cross & Grace, there should be no issues. The Church was frighteningly proficient at defeating the unnatural and with the exception of sanctified Servants (which was definitely a possibility, of course), there should be none who would charge in there without any preparation whatsoever. Nevertheless, it was a possibility, albeit a slim one.

Maker’s calm and soothing voice resounded throughout the room as she placed her hand on her Master’s shoulder.

“Regardless, should you ever feel threatened or at risk from anyone, do not hesitate to call upon me using a Command Seal, Master.”

Leaving Anna to her breakfast, Maker’s form dissapated into the spirit realm. It seemed that despite her nature, her Master walked on a difficult path. In hindsight, it made Anna’s earlier words and goals more understandable, if not more acceptable. A sense of wry amusement welled up within her as she pondered over the matter. Was it hypocritical of her to try and bar another from walking the path she had once chosen for herself? The goal and the impetus might have been different, but weren’t the steps there the same? Perhaps. Maybe it was her own naive childishness? The unconcious belief that she and she alone should be the one to carry the burdens of others and as long as she does that no-one should ever suffer?

It was logically impossible, of course. Saviors and martyrs had existed throughout history and she was hardly the sole one in that respect or even unique in any aspect. But…

As long as she was here, she could not accept the birth of another.

To do so would be to admit that she was incapable of saving anyone, after all.

Location - Yamaichi Shrine
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 11:15
    Day - January 13th

The winter snow fell softly in the solemn and desolate cemetary, as Maker made her way towards the mountain in the distance, her Master’s letter in her hands. The cold winter wind made her crimson scarf bellow in the wind and buffeted her black jacket, as Maker’s eyes covered the seemingly hundreds of snowy gravestones. Nevertheless, despite the cutting wind and the bititing cold, the blonde cointinued to simply walk down the path leading towards the Shrine. There was a poignant beauty here, one that she felt she should not just leave behind simply to expediate her journey by a couple of moments.

Besides...

Maker’s emerald eyes fell to the massive mountain looming in the distance. Even from here, she could feel the boundary enveloping most of the mountainside. The specific mechanics of such a spell far surpassed her own meager knowledge of oriental magecraft, but she could feel its intent. It was a barrier that was hostile for Spirits, rejecting their presence and confining them to the single path that led into the temple complex itself. Whether or notwas such a barrier could fully reject a Servant was questionable, but Maker had no reason to test such things out for the time being.

However, it was strange. From a distance the temple looked more akin to a magical fortress, rather then… well, a temple. But if its role was purely defensive, then why leave a path? Unless a guardian existed, a fortress with open doors was not a fortress at all. And then there was the issue of the Grail itself. Why would a concept fully rooted in western imagery be supervised by the local Shinto priesthood, rather then the Church or the Magi themselves? A “grail”, even a fake one, could not be manifested using oriental schools of thought. At the very least, such a thing could definitely not be called the “Holy Grail”. Then why...

Well, such speculations could wait until she had finally reached the temple proper.

With such ponderings ringing in her mind, Maker reached the base of the Winding Path and with light steps, started heading upwards on the long and twisting road.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Kirisaki Homura
    Time: 06:42

"Haaah..."

I sit back using my arms to support me, I almost can't believe it that this all worked out. After Saver gave a name like...well 'Saver', I was sure she was going to ask a question but guess not! Not that I mind, there's been way too much action this early in the morning. At least it feels like my appetite is coming back to me and just in time too, I'm not really a fan of a cold breakfast, grabbing my chopsticks it was time to get back to the most important meal of the day.

Though it's still a bit much.

I guess something else surprising was that Aneja actually agreed to what we asked for, maybe I misjudged her a bit...or maybe she just likes to yell at me. You'd think she'd treat me a bit more formally considering it's only my third day here...then again that'd just be weird, what am I even thinking?

Still...

What's taking them so long? I know girls like to look nice but c'mon.

"Then again I'm not about to check after just getting out of the frying pan."

Muttering those words to myself I breathe a sigh, well doubt we'll be late considering what the time is.

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto

While I was shocked at Onii-san's treatment of Invoker, Invoker started... giggling? Why would she giggle after someone treated them rudely? Then Invoker greeted Onii-san in what I would call her default form. Or would it be better to call it Invoker's preferred form?
    "Splendid, teehee, splendid!I shall take on a more appropriate appearance to converse with you then, oh Great Emperor.

But I must say, that was most rude of you. These ones that you mercilessly disposed of were merely innocent and harmless protective spirits. I do not think that they ever shed a drop of blood. Life is unjust, isn't it?"

Two people died?!? And Onii-san did it? But he was here the whole time! He couldn't have killed anyone if he was right here! That's when I realized Invoker has changed her fan to a katana again. What is she intending to do with it?!? She couldn't be thinking about-

"In all your your righteous wisdom, perhaps would you not mind making some amends? I do not appreciate those that go around and kill with license. No matter they may be: God or Mortal.

So, my dear elder? Will you gladly strike me with thunder, or better, with your sword till I see you in a better light?"

Invoker swung her katana at Onii-san. I can't stop Invoker from swinging it and I can't jump in front of it to force her to stop. Even if Invoker is weaker than Onii-san physically, I know that she was way stronger and faster than I'll ever be. So how can I stop Invoker from trying to hurt Onii-san? How do you stop something faster than you are?

I don't know. That's what all of my thinking ended up with. Maybe if I had time, I could have asked for guidance from Omoikane, but I didn't have enough time to finish that kagura. So I did the first thing that came to mind. I ran up and hugged Invoker tightly.

I don't what it would do. It might do nothing. But I had this hope that maybe just maybe it'll stop Invoker from hurting Onii-san.
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; March 9th, 2015 at 02:05 PM.

Anna Bernhart
    Location - Cross & Grace
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 09:15
    Day - January 13th

"Hopefully you won't be awfully disappointed, however. Bishop Turpein's been n left to the... crime-scene around seven today, and most likely won't be back till night-fall."
    "Ah, how unlucky of me! I just missed him, too!" Anna put a hand on her head, as if to emphasize how clumsy the situation was. "Well, it's no big deal," The girl sheepisly smiled. "I understand that the bishop is a busy man, especially with all that's happening right now. He went to investigate that murder from before, right?"

She crossed her hands behind her back, leaned in a little closer, and tried to take a peek into one of the grocery bags.

"However, you're welcome to join us in the mess for a breakfast," he said. "We finally managed to get a permission to buy some local ingredients, after all."
    "I'll be happy to join you all, Muire! Though, you're making it sound like they forbade you from getting a taste of the local cuisine," Anna chuckled. "Is there even a person aboard who knows how to cook something like that? Well, please, Muire, lead the way."

The young woman beamed with another smile and turned back to the ship, eyes almost greedily running over its metallic curves again.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Character(s)
    Invoker, Miyamoto Kiyoko, Izumi, Ruler

Phase -----
    Morning
    Time ------ 10:01
    Day ------- January 13th

Trance, fascination, as if a spell of blood-lust had been cast on her, Invoker's rationality is mislead -- why is she already trying to get into a fight when she's yet to gather any information; why is she considering wasting energy and even, risking her life against a vessel made specifically to police a war between Servants?

It isn't pride. She cannot care more for the title put in front of her name, if there even is one, and down-talking insults like Ruler's are far from enough to cause her to snap; by all means, Invoker in her logical self would have merely smiled and bowed out... albeit while still replying with her fairly satirical trademark.

This is what one can only call a 'curse'. To one who has accepted their nature as something more than human, it cannot be helped that at times their logic happens to be overcome by that which deviates from the norm. Well, in Invoker's case, it would be more something that has her humanity shift closer to its roots: to become beast-like. Yet, a desire for blood like that would usually be an easy thing to control. The problem is that when one sums that up with the prospect of an opponent as potent as Ruler, people like Invoker can get... carried away. To one who likes to plan and rationalize things, they eventually make the mistake of merely laying out the plans and justifying all their acts, all to deceive themselves into thinking that they are still in control, while all of their 'control' essentially boils down to excuses being made on the spot.

A single unexpected detail can perhaps change all of this, and the unknowing Kiyoko might have done the right decision to at least stop one part of this madness.

[Thump]

Invoker suddenly notices something press against her back, and eventually the pressure spreads to her entire waist. It is not like she didn't see that coming, but there is a unique feeling in these hands that have encircled her and are trying to pull her back. Forceful, but yet relentlessly kind -- Invoker can tell that much from mere their mere touch. As one who has perfectly deceived countless times, she is no stranger to body language, nor how to read one's actions. Kiyoko's silent hug is out of worry, wishing nothing more than for Invoker's well-being. It has been a very, very long while since someone gave the Servant in black that kind of embrace. In fact, it's so far back that she cannot remember when.

With what she can read from that hug, Invoker is fairly certain that her Master does not believe that...

"My, my. I think that I got a little bit carried away there."

Her voice is unusually soft. There is also an unnatural lack of irony and amusement in it, things that in character always come out of Invoker no matter the situation. Really, it is like a generic, sudden character change that makes absolutely no sense, or perhaps is this the fabled hidden gentle façade that all evil women are said to have--

"Nah, I'm juuuusssttt, joooking~"

Or it could be more ridicule, yes. Invoker shoots a childish grimace at Ruler before shifting her katana back into its seven-feathered fan form. She still appears rather defiant, albeit much less than when she first stepped into the building, her eyes are closed as if patiently awaiting Ruler's reaction. Invoker's free hand gently pats Kiyoko's head as she declares:

"But well, respectable Senpai, I would not want to make my Master cry. If she wishes for a bloodless encounter, then I shall do my best to help make it reality. Wherever you respect her or not is up to you... but..."

Invoker gives a little nudge at Kiyoko and points at the basket full of confectioneries they bought together to give Ruler, whispering in the miko's ear.

"Onee-san, why not give him that favourite sweet of his? I guess he can strike me down after that. I was a bad girl after all."

As horrible as the last part of the sentence is, Invoker has a fairly carefree and playful chuckle accompany it. Most probably because of a certainty on how the light cast upon this scenario have been turned around. Her still calling Kiyoko 'onee-san' even if she is a good head above the latter in height is rather... peculiar indeed.
    Last edited by Ayakashi; March 10th, 2015 at 01:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto

After hugging Invoker, my small hope that Invoker would stop actually happened. Invoker stopped her attack at Onii-san.

"My, my. I think that I got a little bit carried away there."

That's when I heard Invoker say something so soft. So kind in comparison to her normal behavior of whimsical teasing.

"Nah, I'm juuuusssttt, joooking~"

Or... she was teasing me again... I should have seen this coming actually. When hasn't she been teasing me in that form? However, I am much happier that Invoker isn't trying to hurt Onii-san even if she is back to her whimsical teasing mood. As much as I think Onii-san isn't going be happy about Invoker's teasing instead.

"But well, respectable Senpai, I would not want to make my Master cry. If she wishes for a bloodless encounter, then I shall do my best to help make it reality. Wherever you respect her or not is up to you... but..."

Then unexpectedly, I was patted on the head by Invoker and handed the basket of sweets that we brought for everyone here.

"Onee-san, why not give him that favorite sweet of his? I guess he can strike me down after that. I was a bad girl after all."

The thought of Onii-san striking down Invoker and the previous minute of Invoker going to strike Onii-san scared me. I don't want them to fight. What has Invoker done to Onii-san that he spoke rudely to her. Why would Invoker attack Onii-san without hesitation? Does it have to do with something in their past? But I thought you were suppose to forgive and accept others if you have mutually hurt each other...

Maybe I can help them reconcile? Maybe if they interact more, then they'll get along instead of holding a grudge against each other? A single step is the beginning of a journal so maybe one conversation will lead to a great friendship? So I walked up to Onii-san and offered him his favorite sweet.

"Onii-san I'm sorry that Invoker attempted to hurt you, but could two please get along. I know it isn't much, but I think that Invoker will be good for now. And all I wanted to do this morning was talk to you and Sourokurou-san. So please Onii-chan..."
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; March 10th, 2015 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Editing the "updates"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Servant Saber
    Time: 6:55

Well, I seemed to have struck a chord within the girl, somehow. With enthusiasm only a child could match, Kairi pulled a messy-looking notebook out of her bag and began explaining every single strange occurrence she knew anything about. A supposed ghost, a black cat, some murder, a doctor with a strange name... it was a nice variety of mysteries, all things considered. Most likely they were all isolated incidents from years ago, but maybe I could take a few notes, if just for curiosity's sake.

The "light shows" from the night before, though? Something more recent might definitely be worth investigating. The timing couldn't be a coincidence. Unexplained burst of energy through the night, all across the island? The first and most obvious explanation was the summoning of the other Servants. After all, I'd been called forth in a great eruption of light and magical energy. Reason said the other Servants would be the same, or at least very similar. If I could track down the location of any of the other summoning circles, maybe there would be something left behind...

"Ball lightning? What kind of nonsense is that? You can't pin an unexplained phenomenon on another unexplained phenomenon. That's just a cop-out that doesn't answer anything!" I let out an annoyed huff at the thought, but hardly missed a beat switching to a more thoughtful and inquisitive tone. To an observer I would seem like nothing more than a news reporter bugging some random girl for information, but Kairi seemed far too interested in the topic to care.

"I was dead to the world last night, so I never noticed anything, and Ojou-chan never mentioned anything of the sort either. They were all around the island, you said? Did you see any of them yourself, or did you not get the chance? Do you know where any of them might have started?" I was about to launch into an endless barrage of questions, but stopped after the most important ones were asked, my excitement rapidly draining away to disappointment. "Well, if they were just last night, no one is likely to know much about them yet. There hasn't been a chance for any real talk about the lights yet, if there even will be one."

Sighing, I returned to my taiyaki, only to learn in shock that I'd nearly eaten the whole thing already. It did very little to help my mood, to say the least.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormarth View Post
    "Enchanter, you up? Let's get this day started, anything you looking forward to in particular?"

I queried to my currently invisible hero-ghost-spirit as I dug through the suitcase, while a kimono certainly added to Enchanter's... interestingly bland beauty (could beauty even be bland?) if she was to operate normally, she'd probably need something more casual.
    Enchanter
    Location - Park District - Gongujoudo (York's Room)
    Phase - Morning 1/3
    Time - 06:46

Her Master was, if nothing else, an early riser, something she could appreciate. It helped alleviate the fact that, as she had recently realized to her dismay, there was nothing to do while he slept asides from follow the movements of those who worked late at night.

Not that really enjoyed constant exhausting activity, but anything to relieve boredom would have been appreciated.

Ah, thinking about it there were devices for such things in this era. Perhaps she should have seen what entertainment they could offer; something to consider in the future.

Her Master's voice brought her out of her thought, and she materialized a few steps from him.

"Of course, I am always at your side."

That was her role, after all; did he think she had wandered away?

"We may proceed however you wish, but I feel I must inform you that it would be better for me to remain materialized if we are to avoid detection by other Servants."

Which meant acquiring new clothes, in all likelihood; she looked forward to that. Modern fashion, from what she'd of it, was quite interesting.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Time: 07:01

"It might be quite rude of me to say so. But I'm afraid I can't refuse an offer of tea, even if it's more than this one deserves for delivering such a paltry service."
    "No, no~! It's the least I can do after you helped me with these boxes," Lady Ch́hóng said and nudged Artificer with her elbow playfully. "Plus, you're keeping me company, so that's even better, nyahaha~!"

While the two were speaking, they finally arrived to their destination. The small western building lied at the very edge of the old town and the residential district, slightly separated from the other buildings. This was mostly because of it's surprising size for being a wooden building. But, then again, it was quite logical, considering the place was supposed to be an inn. The off-white color of the inn melted almost too perfectly to the white, snowy background of the city, and the small patch of forest reaching out from the park district made the scenery look even more idyllic.

"Ah,
    Lady Ch́hóng!" a sudden, young female voice called out to the two as they approached. "Welcome back!"

The one who was greeting them from the doorway turned out to be a young girl with curly, light brown hair dressed up like a Japanese waitress or a maid. Clearly, she was part of the staff of this inn.

"Looking bright and chipper as always, Aohara-chan,"
    Lady Ch́hóng said and laughed at the sight of the girl's enthusiastic hand-waving. "I hope your brother's in a similar mood?"

"Erm, well..." the girl grimaced a bit. "No. He's still sleeping, I'm afraid. Even if he has school today..."

Lady Ch́hóng sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Figures..."

Time: 6:43

"I am interested in an orphan who used to live here until around four years ago. Do you know what was of her?"
    For a moment, the atmosphere of the room changed drastically. The foreboding pressure that the priestess emanated turned razor sharp in an instant, and her expression stiffened. Those black eyes stared a hole through Tae, a frightful amount of intensity laying in wait beneath them. It was clear that this question was both unexpected... as well as unwelcome.

"She is... no longer with us," Sourokurou simply said, her eyes slowly moving to stare at the now-cold embers. "As unfortunate as it was, sometimes fate takes our beloved ones away from us far too soon. There is nothing we can do about it, and we should not beat ourselves over about it."

Suddenly, those black pools were once again locked with Tae's own eyes, and the tall shrine maiden's voice seemed to fill the whole chamber.

"But believe me when I say this, O' Master... there are things on this island best left buried under the snow. Do not dig up skeletons that may still bite at your neck."

Later That Day... (10:05)

During the time Invoker changed her fan into a shape of a beautiful, Ruler's expression did not change. During the time the female Servant spit vitriol in his direction, his expression did not change. Even when Kiyoko intercepted their face-off first with words, then by actions, his expression did not change. He simply watched the two interact on their own, and how the Master of Invoker managed, to some extent, defuse the danger of the situation. It was not much of an improvement, but at the very least, no weapons were drawn at the moment.

-------- But the fact that his expression did not change... was not a good thing in the slightest.

Hands folded across his chest, a domineering sneer on his face, golden eyes gazing down at the Servant before him... Ruler had no need to react to what happened before him. Like a wolf glaring down at a rabbit, or an emperor glancing a commoner on a street, Ruler's boundless confidence, bordering arrogance, had not been shaken. For reasons unknown, he still believed himself to be the master of this situation... and perhaps he was. Even for a Servant, fool-hardy overconfidence led simply to destruction. This Servant in blue, if anyone, knew that. Therefore, what drove him wasn't belief... it was knowledge.

He knew that in this place, at this time... the Servant before him was no match for him. The low hum of Ruler's prana was a sign of that.

The air crackled and stirred. Now visible blue lightning lashed at the emptiness behind Ruler. The nothingness behind the blue-haired Servant seemed to warp ever so slightly, and something tugged the corner of his sneer.

"Onii-san I'm sorry that Invoker attempted to hurt you, but could two please get along. I know it isn't much, but I think that Invoker will be good for now. And all I wanted to do this morning was talk to you and Sourokurou-san. So please Onii-chan..."
    "Pacifying the wrath of an Emperor by sending your lackey...? Maggot, if you are to make amends and vie for my favor, you are to present such things yourself," Ruler said mockingly, his eyes still on Invoker. It seemed that the sweets Kiyoko offered did not interest him in the slightest right now. "Surely you know enough court-etiquette to understand this much... onryō."

As he spoke, the air started twisting behind Ruler. The lightning that seemed to crack at nothing suddenly gained a target and a source, the place it was attached to, but which had stayed invisible till now. First appeared the blades, pronged like tridents but with much more elegance to them, like blades of swords. Then came the poles, adorned with scale pattern and oriental charms, and wrapped in holy cloth. The lightning that had formed licked their surface, jumping from one weapon to another like they had created a Faraday Cage.

Four halberds, tips aimed at Invoker, floated behind Ruler. And thunder rumbled within them.

"The red wood cries and calls down blue thunder..." Ruler murmured, his golden eyes closing momentarily, before opening again. "If you wish to honor your Master's wishes, maggot... then understand your position, and apologize as your kind should. On your knees."

Later That Day... (11:39)

The climb up the steps of the Winding Path was as long and as arduous as ever. Even for a Servant, crossing that distance was no small feat, thanks to its snake-like slithering up the mountain, and the pressure of the Bounded Field pushing from all sides. It was almost as if the whole path was built solely for the purpose of making anyone heading for the shrine take their time. Patience and quiet tranquility... that might have been what the original builders were searching for when constructing this shrine.
    ... Thusly, the thing waiting for Maker at the top of the stairs could not have been further from that intent.

A man like a storm contained, lightning flashing in his shadow as he quietly stared down the steps that Maker climbed. His appearance was unexpected to say the least, though fitting in his clothing for such ancient plate of the Orient. With the large mountain as his backdrop, he makes a sight almost like a painting... though the cruel smile that plays on his lips is nothing that anyone should ever reproduce on a canvas.

As Maker approached the shrine, the man's golden eyes finally look at her... and though they register her as someone of his kind, a Heroic Spirit given a body once more...

... They also seem awfully arrogant and amused for some reason.

"One after another... truly, there is no end to the rude behavior of upstart children, is there?" The storm-haired Servant, Ruler, asked from Maker, staring at her from the top of the stairs.

Time: 06:45

“That aside, this uniform is quite nice… You mentioned earlier that you possessed a school uniform. Would this room be yours then, from when you were still in school?”
    Tetora seemed to be taken aback by this question, though ever so slightly. Her eyes slowly moved through the furniture, the dust that had gathered, and the dolls still present on one of the desks. A slightly lonely smile tugged her lips, and it was clear that what she was looking was something beyond the mere appearance of the room. And indeed, when one started looking at the room, it became somewhat clear that it was not a room of a grown-up woman like Tetora. If anything, it would have belonged to a girl much younger...

"I... No," the black-haired woman finally answered simply. "My room is at the back of the main building. This. this was... well that ain't really important, I suppose. I just keep my old memories here, see?"

And as if that had reminded her, the energetic smile returned to Tetora's lips as she gazed the sight of Saver in her uniform.

"Okay, then! I think we're ready here," she said, grinning from ear to ear. "Ya ready to show Homura-kun yer new look?"

With a burst of that familiar fervor of hers, Tetora ushered Saver out of the room, clearly excited to show this new look to the boy waiting for them at the dining room. And, indeed, as they finally got back, Tetora stepped forth with a rather mischievous look on her face, before stepping out of the way to reveal Saver. With her arms held wide and loud "Jajaan~!", it was almost as if she was presenting a debutante or something similar.

"Well then, Homura-kun," Tetora said with a rather devilish smirk. "What'cha think of Saver's new look?"

Location - Cross & Grace
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 09:17
    Day - January 13th

"I'll be happy to join you all, Muire! Though, you're making it sound like they forbade you from getting a taste of the local cuisine. Is there even a person aboard who knows how to cook something like that? Well, please, Muire, lead the way."
    Muire chuckled in his usual quiet, reserved manner as they climbed the stairs up to the ship's deck.

"Well, you are not far-off the mark. Bishop Turpein keeps a tight leash on the crew of this ship. As he has decreed, there is no extravagant food or merriment until a successful mission... which, to him, seems to indicate that we should survive on rations alone," Muire said, smiling rather dryly. "It took quite the amount of persuasion from Sister Mackeroch to even make him consider this, so, in a way, you could call it a small miracle."

Muire chuckled again. The two of them had finally made it to the deck of Cross & Grace, where things seemed just as busy as yesterday, and for a good reason. It was a large battleship after all, and getting it ready to withstand the force of the Great Blizzard was no small feat accomplished in just a few hours. It would take days of preparation, which seemed to be already well underway. Therefore, it was not surprising to see people running back and forth on the deck.

However, what was quite surprising to see, was the person dressed in traditional Japanese garments, who stood out like a sore thumb in the middle of the deck.

"Oh? Leaving already, Mr. Jussaku?" Muire called out to the masked, silver-haired man smoking his pipe. "I thought you would at least join us for breakfast."

The grey-and-white-clad person turned to face both Muire and Anna in a relaxed manner. However, his movement revealed some rather strange features of his. First of all, there was the fox-esque mask that he wore over his face, hiding himself in quite a strange manner. More than that, though, there were the things that seemed to stick out of his rear end. Things that no humans should normally possess...

... In other words: bushy, silver tails, like those of an animal.

"Unfortunately, my lady requires me once again, Gullivan-san," this strange person, apparently named Jussaku, answered in a relaxed tone. "Thus, I am afraid I must hurry back to the land."

Then, the silver-haired person's "gaze" turned over to Anna.

"... Though I would not mind being introduced to this lovely young lady here," he added with a voice that sounded almost... purring?

Time: 6:57

"I was dead to the world last night, so I never noticed anything, and Ojou-chan never mentioned anything of the sort either. They were all around the island, you said? Did you see any of them yourself, or did you not get the chance? Do you know where any of them might have started? Well, if they were just last night, no one is likely to know much about them yet. There hasn't been a chance for any real talk about the lights yet, if there even will be one."
    For a moment, Kairi seemed a little suspicious, glancing around them and even throwing a suspicious look at the taiyaki-stall owner (who seemed to be minding his own business for now). Then, after making sure no one was listening in, she leaned closer to Saber and begun whispering.

"I may or may not have broken my curfew and been about town last night," she said with a sly grin. "And I may or may not have witnessed some of the lights with my own eyes... like so."

To emphasize what she was saying, Kairi proudly showed two polaroid photos of what seemed to be burst of light appearing from out of nowhere. However, the pictures themselves were quite poor in quality, and frankly, were taken from too far away to make out where exactly they had been taken. Before Saber could inspect the photos any closer, Kairi slid them back in her pocket and grinned mischievously.

"Of course, if you're interested, I might be willing to help you find the approximated hot-spots of these lights, buuuut~"

Kairi then proceeded to make one of the universal hand-signs that had remained unchanged through centuries. That is: 'You're gonna have to fork over some money'.

"I mean, I may be a mystery-nut, but guided tours still cost," Kairi added cheerfully.

Azama Tae
    Phase: Morning
    Time: 6:43 1/3

"Forgive my rudeness. It was not my intent to make you recall bad memories."

I bow slightly in apology, in a polite yet not-exaggerated manner. I already knew a reaction like this was possible, so this outcome has long been within my calculations. Sadly, I cannot say I feel much for the fallen, as I did not know her, her departure only affecting me in the sense that it is detrimental to my own quest. Nevertheless, I make sure to show respect where it's due.

"..."

When I rise my head, my eyes immediately meet Sourokurou's powerful gaze, which I oppose with determination. The priestess has warned me not to dig further, and I suspect that has to do with the nature of the case rather than her personal feelings. She's telling me that there is a danger in exposing things from the past. Whether that danger comes from the person in front of me or from another source, I cannot tell, but by the time I came to this island, my mind was already made. If I cannot hear the truth from Mochizuki-san's mouth, then I'll hear it from someone else's or seize it myself. It's not appropriate to voice that here, but perhaps my silence already says enough.

"Well then, I have no more questions to ask of you, supervisor. Hopefully we'll meet some other day, under different circumstances, unrelated to this war."

After offering another polite bow, I slowly turn around, my intent clear: I am leaving the way I came.

"Until then."
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Servant Saber
    Time: 6:58

Success! Somehow, I had run into someone who was almost a witness to summoning rituals. Probably! Maybe Kairi was just crazy or something, but so early into the war, any hint was worth checking out. I leaned a little closer, trying to get a better look at the pictures Kairi had suddenly produced. They seemed like some kind of flashes of light at first glance, but t was hard to make out details...

...and then just as quickly as she produced the evidence, Kairi took it all away, looking up at me with an evil grin and the last words I wanted to hear.

I mean, I may be a mystery-nut, but guided tours still cost.

Damn it all. I probably should have expected that.

"Well, of course. Time is valuable, after all. Expecting you to do this for free would be more than a little silly." I nodded not towards anyone in particular, not pleased with the turn of the conversation, but at least understanding. "There are details to work out first, though. First, when I could expect this tour to be, and second, how much you expect me to pay."

There were a lot of problems with this theoretical guided tour. It was quite possible we would never find any of the summoning sites, and at least as likely we would succeed but find nothing of value, to say nothing of the possibility the lights actually were something else. It seemed like I wouldn't need to worry about money as long as Tae's mood held out, but I wasn't mad enough to go throwing it at anything that moved.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel