Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Moon White Redux (RP)

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:48
    Day: January 12th

"Not easy. To get cold. ... But okay."
    And here I was worried that she was going to foolishly follow Sourokurou-san's orders even if it was detrimental to her health. Hopefully, she'll be fine with my jacket...

And after Izumi-chan left, I went inside to find Sourokuro-san.
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; May 1st, 2015 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Wrong miko ;_;

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 19:39

It was enormous.

Wood. Stone. Snow. The being that stood before him was only that, and yet was much more. Just how long had that building stood there? How long had it been, for this shrine to have amassed such presence, such weight?

"Unless you need... something, my work... is done. Supervisor awaits inside."
    I turn toward the girl, shaking myself free from the magnificent shrine’s hold.

“Thank you, Izumi. Take care.”

With a deep breath, I turn once more and step into the shrine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Kirisaki Homura

Phase: Day 2/3
    Time: 14:07

Before I can even answer her the next round had begun, I looked between Kichiro and Kato as they begin trading blows again but not before Kichiro nearly got me into it, though just as quickly as it had begun the two calmed down again. As bad as these two got it didn't seem like either of them really took the other too seriously, it seemed more like it was habit for these two to act like they hated one another and yet in the next moment talk as if nothing happened.

It sort of reminded me of an old couple.

I'm going to keep that to myself. Kato would kill me if I said that out loud.

Right, what were we talking about now? Kichiro mentioned something about a strange murder.

"It's just one victim, so it can't be called a serial killing. Still, the local priest was cut up like a Christmas turkey, and all sorts of weird messages were left with his blood... or so they say. Ritual murder or something like that. I dunno, though. The police is not letting much information out, but I hear the local nun had seen the whole thing when she went to open the doors that morning. They say she... aaaaaand we're probably freaking you out, right, Homura-kun?"

She stopped for a moment before looking to me. I mean it wasn't the cheeriest topic but it's not really that weird...or Fuyuki has just desensitized me to weird stories by now. Random murders, gas explosions and other weird stuff just kept happening in that one month, there was even talk about an entire student body getting hit by well...nobody has really figured that one out yet either, it seemed they all fainted apparently.

"This probably isn't what you wanna hear just after moving here, right? I mean, murders are a pretty nasty subject."

"Eh, I was going to hear about it sooner or later."

I give a light shrug to it. Am I scared of it though? Well the idea of a crazy guy stalking the dead of night and jumping people...well, yeah that's actually pretty damn scary considering we're also on a frozen island that's about to be hit by a snowstorm.

But I'd rather know about it then.

"Back home in Fuyuki, some really weird stuff happened too. It'll take a bit more then that to get to me so don't worry about it."

I give 'em both a confident grin, I'm not going to let the conversation switch that easily (most likely to more fighting) and I'm not about to act scared over just another story.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Phase: Day 3/3
    Time: 16:11

“Do you understand the meaning of these brands? They’re the reason I’ve come to Tengetsu, as well as why I’m here to meet you.”
    For a moment, Yamahito froze up at the sight of the red brands glowing in Kirame's skin. His single eye seemed to be studying the markings very carefully, as if to ascertain him of their authenticity. Finally, he let out a soft sigh, rubbing his neck with his free hand. It was clear that whatever he had expected Kirame to come discuss with him, this was not it. In fact, his previously open and friendly expression had changed into a rather troubled one.

"Yeah... I think I have a pretty good guess what those are, even if I haven't seen them before," Taruhito finally said. "I got a letter from the head priestess of Yamaichi Shrine about how a certain ritual would begin this month. I suppose the time has come at last..."

Glancing at the garden outside, the walls on the other end, and the city beyond it, Yamahito frowned to the scenery. He was not showing hostility towards Kirame himself, but it was clear that he did not like this development in the conversation. And as he opened his mouth again, the reason for it became very apparent.

"As a mayor of this island, it falls upon me to ensure that its citizen are always safe. If I had personal choice in the matter, I would have never let something like this occur under my watch... but apparently, things are out of my control. It's not like I can demand anyone to stop this thing... it's like asking the Great Blizzard to stop," he said, sounding rather tired. "There's just no arguing with natural phenomena that have no discernible reason."

The single, steel-like eye turned to look at Kirame once again.

"And I do not fault you for partaking in it. The call of the ritual, from what I understand, cannot be resisted," he said. "But you must understand that as a mayor... I cannot condone something that puts my citizen in danger like this."

Time: 15:25
    Day: January 12
    th

"What would you like for me to do in return...?"
    For a moment, silence reigned in the room. Otsue stared at Tae with unreadable expression, her pipe letting out a thin trail of smoke that eventually headed out towards the slightly ajar window. The weight of the younger girl's question was almost palpable, and for a good reason. The information she had requested was not something to be taken lightly. It contained subjects that might have taken days to dig out from the general populace of Tengetsu, but thanks to the brothel owner, it all had been practically gift-wrapped for Tae.

Therefore, it was no surprise that Otsue took her time to answer. Whatever she had had in mind before the younger girl's arrival was most likely being reconsidered at the moment. For someone like Otsue, information was her greatest ace in the hole, a way that even a single woman like her could rise to an influential position on an island like this.

Which was why Otsue's eventual answer might have been more surprising that anything else.

"Nothing right now," Otsue said gently, and for a moment, her expression melted into a warm smile. "I'll charge you for further questions you have, but... think of this as a 'Welcome Back' present, Tae-kun."

The older woman chuckled to herself, and took a drag out of her pipe.

"But if I had to name a price, then... let's see..." she pretended to ponder for a moment. "I guess the price was seeing that you were still healthy and fine after all these years. That was enough for now."

Acquired Clue!
    [Otsue's Information]
    Otsue's information regarding the disappearance of a girl named Yomi, as well as the events possibly connected with it. Can be used to deduction of further Clues.

Time: 14:55

"Though, Rain, what's going on here? What happened to Father Benedict? I'm not really here for work, but I'll be staying in Tengetsu; not even far from the pier. If you ever need my help, Lord knows I'll be happy to."
    For a moment, Rain looked a little troubled, as if Anna had asked about something he didn't want to go into too much detail about.

"Well... If you didn't read today's paper, then I guess I should explain it to you," he said. "You see, the local priest, one Father Benedict, was murdered two days ago. Nasty business. Bishop's taking care of the investigation from our side, but it doesn't help that the local police are sticking their noses into the event. Whatever went down in that church wasn't natural, let me tell you that. So suffice to say, it'd be easier for everyone if they just left the investigation for us."

"Well, Bishop or no, I would still like to greet the rest of the team. But if everyone's too busy for me, I guess I'll have to visit another time..."
    Rain grinned at the question, nodding energetically.

"Well, most of the crew is busy with preparing the ship for the Great Blizzard, but I think I can get some of the fools to come down here..." he said, before turning around to face the ship. "Hey, numskulls! We've got a visitor! Get your asses down here!"

Most of the people on the deck seemed to try to ignore Rain's enthusiastic yell, but couple of heads turned at the call. These two, rather different, people headed down the same way Rain had, using the stairs at the side of the ship. It only took them a couple of minutes to get to the pier, where they headed straight to where Anna and widely-grinning Rain were waiting.

The first to arrive was another man, slightly older than Rain from the looks of it. He had a serious face and blue hair, and was dressed rather formally, as opposed to the usual religious vestments that their kind donned. After him came a brightly-smiling young girl with bubblegum-pink hair, decked out in the unique uniform belonging to the Cross & Grace crew. She seemed to be absolutely bursting with energy, barely able to contain herself.

"Guys, this is Anna Bernhart. Dunno if you remember, but she was part of the forces that came to help us during that one mission few years ago," Rain began introductions. "And Anna, this boring gentleman here is Muire Gullivan, and the girl who looks like she's about to gobble you up is Chelsea Mackeroch."

Muire Gullivan shot an annoyed glare at Rain before walking up to Anna and offering his hand to a courteous handshake.

"Pleasure to meet you, Ann--"

His calm introduction was quickly cut off as the pink-haired girl rammed to his side, grasped Anna's hand and began shaking it up and down like a particularly excited Energizer Bunny.

"Hiyoo~! Nice to meet'cha, Anna!" Chelsea giggled, grinning like a kid on a sugar-rush.

Time: 19:20

"You have to send me more biscuits whenever you make them. I would never have had second thoughts about coming here had I known about these in advance."
    Matthias chuckled heartily at the last condition, spreading his hands slightly to the side as if to say "It cannot be helped." He then took a slightly more comfortable position on the chair and leaned back, putting his hands back together. He tapped his chin with his index fingers, seemingly deep in thought, before beginning to speak again.

"You drive a hard bargain, Mister Delacroix. Slaving around the stove is still quite a new experience to me," he said with dry, humorous tone, which soon turned a bit more serious. "But yes... your conditions are not out of question, considering I am asking quite a favor from you. I accept them, though I do have to notify you of some things that... are best to be taken in consideration when discussing the help I can offer you."

The black eyes of the fellow vampire turned upon Delacroix.

"Firstly, I do not mind sharing my information with you. I have one finger on the pulse of this island, so I will find out sooner or later if something strange occurs. While I do not yet have any concrete plans regarding our habit-wearing friends... indeed, you were my first plan, I do know that there is something out there that might be helpful to us, were we to find the culprit," Matthias started speaking. "I do not know if you saw today's newspaper, but few days ago, someone murdered a local priest. Of course, our friends at that blasted ship on the docks are now angrier than ever, like a beehive that's been poked with a stick. But... that murder... well, let's just say that it was ghastly business, even for someone of our... nature. Whoever did it clearly has even more hatred for clergymen than we do."

Taking a hold of his teacup, Matthias brought it to his lips, only to discover the liquid inside had become stale and lukewarm. With a tired sigh, he put it back on the table. Another Stagehand reached out from under the table, and took the cup into the shadows where it apparently disappeared.

"Second, while I do not mind giving you access to my assets, you must keep in mind that I am all but under house-arrest in this theater," he spoke. "There are... some individuals... around Tengetsu that might be of use to you as informants and the like, but it should be good to keep in mind that these days, this island is like a powder keg. Poke the wrong individual, and everything explodes. For now, your best bet would be to contact Georgie Summerstar. That person might not be the most... agreeable sort, but as you probably already know, vile people have their uses."

Linking his fingers, Matthias now stared straight at Delacroix, like they were businessmen about to seal a deal... which they pretty much were.

"As for what comes to a source you can use, I suggest either Old Industrial District or the Business District. The former has vast amount of homeless people squatting in the half-demolished old brick-and-mortar buildings, while the latter sees business-people come and go on a daily basis. One or two disappearing from their hotel rooms is not that uncommon... as long as no signs of struggle are found," Matthias explained. "Foreign District used to be a great source, too, but thanks to it falling under the influence of the Holy Church, you should steer clear of it. Oh, and one other thing... do not attack the whores and courtesans of this city. They are led by a woman whose influence should never be underestimated. You know the old proverb of "Information is power", right? Well, she... she is the epitome of this saying. If one of her workers disappears, she will know it. And she will find out who did it. And she will make them pay. We do not need any additional enemies at the moment."

Having said that, Matthias extended his hand. Another Stagehand appeared from under the table, reaching out and handing him a brand new cup of tea. As he took it, suddenly, there was an odd sense of weight on Delacroix shoulders. At some point, two Stagehands had appeared from behind his chair and took a gentle hold of him. Not in a threatening way, but like someone who wanted to make something very clear.

"And one last thing to remember..." Matthias spoke, his voice sounding unnaturally serious now. "Whatever we end up doing... there is one thing we must be clear about. We do not alert Annabelle McKlennington to anything we do. While the clergymen at the docks are a clear enemy for us, that woman... well, let us just say that she, by her very nature, is something of a natural threat to us. She might be an airhead, but... if we were to make her our enemy, or alert her to what is going on, she'd be more dangerous than any agent of Church they could send after us."

It sounded almost like a joke, coming out of Matthias' mouth. However, his eyes were not laughing one bit. He was dead serious.

Time: 16:22

"Though, this isn't the time or place to talk at all, is it? Lead the way, officer."
    "Gladly!"

Having said that, the energetic young woman took the reins of the situation, and led Astrid inside the large concrete building where the police forces of Tengetsu had made their headquarters.

As expected, inside the police station things were quite different from the peaceful scenery outside. People running here and there, carrying files and discussing with loud voices. It seemed that the stuffy interior of the building was even more packed than usual, thanks to the clear hurry everyone was in. Whatever was happening at the moment, everyone was in the middle of something, with not even one slacking officer or an intern in sight. As the young woman led Astrid deeper into the building, she had to jump out of the way of a rushing officer every now and a then. The amber-haired girl could only laugh in slight embarrassment at the sight, and shrug her shoulders at Astrid.

"It's been a busy couple of days," she said, as if that explained everything.

Eventually the two of them arrived to the office of the police chief. Without even knocking on the door, the guide of Astrid burst in, slamming the door wide open like it was the most natural thing to do. The man sitting behind the desk nearly dropped his pipe (which he had been lighting) in a shock. He cursed under his breath, shot an annoyed glare at the young woman and continued what he was doing.

"Knock, Ms. Farfield. How many times do I have to tell you that?" he asked grumpily, but the auburn-haired girl only giggled.

"Oh, but chief. I have to make sure you are not up to any mischief in here," she said. However, judging from her expression, the creator mischief on this police station was more likely the woman herself.

The man behind the desk was in his late thirties, judging from his body, but his face was almost like that of a teenager, clean-shaved and with no visible signs of aging. It made an odd contrast to his being, to say the least. However, even odder was his attire, which could be only described as... Sherlock-like. He had everything, deerstalker and a Briar pipe included. However, instead of making him look corny, it actually fit the police chief very well.

"So, what is this about?" the chief asked, still clearly annoyed.

"Oh, I brought the second guest to meet you, chief," Ms. Farfield answered. "Ms. Hildebrandt here just arrived."

The police chief looked at Astrid for a moment in surprise, before something seemed to click inside his head, and his mouth turned into a smile.

"Ah, right. Almost did not recognize you, Ms. Hildebrandt," he said, offering his hand to a firm shake. "It's been quite a while, hasn't it?"

Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:51 and
    19:43

As imposing and foreboding as the Yamaichi Shrine was on the outside, it was nothing compared to the interior of the building. There was barely any light, and anyone who entered was left wandering the seemingly endless empty hallways in dim darkness that was occasionally broken by a lantern or two. The layout started simple, with the entrance hall being there venerate the kami enshrined within. However, heading further than that, one had to battle with environment that was there almost as if to invite claustrophobia. It was also made confusing by the fact that sometimes the corridors seemed to lead absolutely nowhere, or end up in empty rooms that only revealed more corridors.

There was no question about it. Whatever foul play was in use, the shrine itself was much bigger on the inside than it was outside. There was no way the maze in question would have fitted within even that grand structure.

However, as one traveled further, another fact also became apparent. Despite the confusing way the interior had been built, one could always feel that they were advancing forth. Unlike a regular maze, this one was not meant to make the one trapped within exhausted and lose hope. This was more akin to a pilgrimage, a long walk and a test of strength. While the climb up to the Yamaichi Shrine had been one physically, this was more a mental challenge, most likely imposed upon prospective Masters so that the supervisor could gauge them accordingly.

And eventually, after much walking and stubbornness to push through, the one walking found him or herself outside a room where a gentle glow of a burning fire could be seen. And beyond it...

Music. Haunting music like from the ages past, echoing in the deceivingly large chamber, coming from the shadows where one could not see. A gohei, dancing in the air to the rhythm of that music, warding of evil spirits that may have tried to interrupt the ritual happening. It was a sacred dance, there was no doubt about it. The fire burning in the large pit at the center of the chamber was a clear sign of that, as it seemed to climb up towards the ceiling to venerate something. However, there was also something gentle about it. Something that welcome the person arriving to the main chamber.

And finally, there was the priestess.

The single white priestess, beautiful like first snow of winter, who interrupted her dance the moment someone stepped into the chamber.

"Welcome, o' Chosen Master," the priestess said with a deep tone. Her moonlit lake-like eyes gazing at the person who had arrived. "I welcome you to Yamaichi Shrine."

"Back home in Fuyuki, some really weird stuff happened too. It'll take a bit more then that to get to me so don't worry about it."
    "Ooh, so you're used to it, huh?" Kairi said and grinned widely. "I suppose I'll have to dig up more juicy details to get you shivering, then. Look forward to it~"

Kichiro grunted and shot a look at Kirisaki that pretty much told he had just began digging his own grave.

"Just watch out. That weirdo's a sort of maniac who has unhealthy love for all sorts of sick stuff like this," the boy warned Kirisaki. "Instead of gossiping like a normal girl, she watches all those midnight specials at serial killers and unsolved mysteries, filling her head with all sorts of garbage."

"Hey, it's not garbage!" Kairi protested. "Just because I like to tackle those cases that police are too squeamish to touch doesn't mean I---"

Kairi's words were cut off by a loud clearing of throat. As the trio looked to the source of the sound, they saw Miss Fukui glaring daggers into their direction. Kichiro hurriedly hid his face behind his text book, while Kairi looked like she wanted to sink beneath her desk and never come out.

"Aaa, crap..." the red-head whispered. "Best to save this for later, I suppose..."
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 19th, 2015 at 02:06 AM.

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 16:13

“Coming to meet you was a good choice.” Rolling his sleeve back down Kirame answered the lone eye of Taruhito with a calm, relaxed tone. The mayor’s reaction to the sight of the Command Seals had taken a turn away from the openness he had before, but the response he gave was genuine and well meant, even if admonishing. “As you know, I’m here for this ritual. Though, it seems to be more of a contest between murderers than any ritual.”

At his use of the word murderers Kirame briefly smiled at the thought of what was to come.

“This will be easier if the man in charge, you,” the smile faded as Kirame addressed the mayor directly. “Are aware of what’s happening, as well as who’s involved.”

He looked past the mayor for a short moment, at the blue pond outside. At the gate, and the city beyond it, where the mayor had looked toward before.

“I received a letter along with these brands. It told me what little I know about this ritual, but that little is enough.” He recalled the words written in the letter as he spoke. ‘Nine magi,’ ‘Mocking Grail,’ as well as the name for the brands, ‘Command Spells.’ “From how it was written I think this is a ritual for magi, which makes me suspect my own eligibility to participate. Still,”

He rubbed his left arm, where his Command Spells were covered by his sleeve.

“Still, there’s no denying these brands that mark me as a Master. I don’t know much of magi or their ways, but of what I know they are heartless.” The relaxation vanished, the eyes he had cast out toward the city sharpened, as if the city beyond those walls was the very eight enemies he had come to kill. “If the victor in this contest of arms really does receive a miracle then there’s no telling what length the other Masters may go to.”

He looked back to the mayor with the same eyes he planned to show his enemies. Eyes that told no lies, eyes that only knew strife. Eyes that had seen a lot of blood.

“I’m a warrior, not a murderer, and I have my own reasons for wanting to see if this miracle is real, and will do what I must. However,” Kirame didn’t bat an eye as he plainly admitted his intent to eliminate the other Masters for his own sake. He simply met the eyes of the mayor, speaking calmly in a straight tone. “My business here is only with those Masters, and I will do what I can to make sure the people of Tengetsu are not troubled or harmed by my battles.”

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:51

I walked the familiar hallways of the Yamaichi Shrine. The randomly ending hallways and the rooms that led into more rooms. Walking these hallways made me a little reminiscent of my time here, like those times Sen-chan and our friends tried to play hide and seek here. Memorization of the shrine was the difference between sneaking away from the seeker and running into a dead end. I think we eventually stopped once we learned that Sourokurou-san disapproved of us playing in here.

And eventually, I reached the end of the shrine to find Sourokurou-san doing an unfamiliar kagura dance. However, she stopped once she noticed that I entered the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourokurou-san
    "Welcome, o' Chosen Master. I welcome you to Yamaichi Shrine."
    "I've returned Sourokurou-san. It's been ten years since I've last seen you. Can we talk about what has happened since we last met? I even brought Onii-san and your favorite sweets for us to talk over with."

I hesitated on talking about the other reason why I came here.

"And... what is this Holy Grail War?"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Kirisaki Homura

I think from just this first conversation, my non-existent reputation here has already started to sink. My grin quickly disappears as I look to Fukui-sensei, quickly I move to the book that I had left on my desk...still unopened, if anything I should have at least left it open to give the impression I was following whatever she was saying. Right, it was page...39 I think, yeah this looks like the right stuff, at least she didn't ask for one of us a question about...well whatever she was talking about, like some teachers do.

"Aaa, crap. Best to save this for later, I suppose..."

I hear the whisper behind me, as grave as Kichiro's warning was I can't say I wasn't interested.

"Yeah, can talk about it after class."

I whisper back to her before finally getting back to what I was supposed to be doing: listening to sensei and following in the textbook.

Ah, I can tell these last 20 minutes are gonna be long...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kirisaki Homura
    Time: 15:00

"I'm home!"

Closing the door behind me I let out a sigh, even with all this clothing the cold still gets to me...is winter always this unrelenting here? Whatever, at least I'm finally back after that trek through the snow though something feels off. Zenko-san is as cold as the snow outside but I expected at least something from Tetora. Hanging my coat and the rest of this extra clothing I move down the hallway, the inside of the estate is just like you'd expect from an outside glance: big and fancy, I guess if there's one silver lining to this island it's that I'm staying here. Not really sure where she got all the money for all this, she never really mentioned what her job was but considering this place it has to pay well. Gotta ask about that some time.

Maybe she's in the kitchen?

A lavish kitchen this is, many a chef would grow green with envy of it but alas I'm not much of a cook and more importantly she isn't here.

Where did that bengal tiger get to now...wait, what's that? A note?

"Out until tomorrow - Tetora."

Well that's the mystery of the disappearing tiger solved, good job Homura. Your reward is that you're eating alone tonight.

Taking a seat I glance out the nearby window, well I'm going to have to keep myself occupied somehow but I doubt Zenko-san is going to let me make a mess and going outside isn't really an option, what with the cold and the chance of some crazy stalking the city apparently. Well just relaxing like this ain't bad either, hell just lazing around like this could be nice though just watching the snow fall is hardly interesting, everything is just a plain white outside even the trees look like their leaves have been replaced by the snow.

Huh, this snow is making me feel oddly nostalgic.

I'm sure this is the first time I've been at this place so it can't be the house.

What is this feeling?

I close my eyes and lay back on the chair.

A field of pure-white snow and trees surround us, it's cold but not like today. Someone's there, I can't make out their face but it feels like someone I know, I reach out my hand but...

I can't remember a damn thing. I swear I'd remember something like this or is this weather just getting to me. Haaah, now this is bugging me and after I got myself nice and cozy too.

Guess it's time to be productive, maybe Zenko-san needs some help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kirisaki Homura
    Time: 22:00

Dinner was as expected, boring and lonesome. Zenko-san really fits the weather here...well maybe she'll warm up to me in time.

I lie down on my bed, comfy as a bed should be, the one place that all my troubles can be put to rest. Well other than the one about the ghostly visage from the other day, still no sign of that specter. Maybe I really was just imaging things, I mean I think I would've seen it by now if it by now...then again ghosts can go invisible right? Maybe it's right here, looking at me as I'm lying down and...okay now I'm just creeping myself out. I glance around the darkened room, nothing out of the ordinary that I can make out in the dark, still the nice and homely room that I made outta it just yesterday.

"Hey, you there...?"

...What am I saying, of course there's no one here.

Maybe instead of dreaming about ghosts, I'll dream about that snow field. At least that would be something that doesn't scare me half to death.

Ah well, good night figment of my imagination.
    Last edited by Dranes; February 19th, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mister Delacroix
    Time: 19:20

"But yes... your conditions are not out of question, considering I am asking quite a favor from you. I accept them, though I do have to notify you of some things that... are best to be taken in consideration when discussing the help I can offer you."
    Delacroix relaxed his tense body posture a bit. This was a good start at least. For now he did not speak a word and proceeded to listen.

"I do not know if you saw today's newspaper, but few days ago, someone murdered a local priest. Of course, our friends at that blasted ship on the docks are now angrier than ever, like a beehive that's been poked with a stick. But... that murder... well, let's just say that it was ghastly business, even for someone of our... nature. Whoever did it clearly has even more hatred for clergymen than we do."
    "I read about that. It sounds like a risk factor in either case, so me looking into it had to happen sooner or later." Whoever did that, he thought, was probably not interested in keeping a low profile as much as he was. Which could be an advantage too, even if it put the Church on high alert. A distraction from the real threat, perhaps.

"There are... some individuals... around Tengetsu that might be of use to you as informants and the like, but it should be good to keep in mind that these days, this island is like a powder keg. Poke the wrong individual, and everything explodes. For now, your best bet would be to contact Georgie Summerstar. That person might not be the most... agreeable sort, but as you probably already know, vile people have their uses."
    "I will try my best to exercise caution." Snooping around was always a risk but the smaller and tighter knit the community was, the greater the danger to be exposed became.

"As for what comes to a source you can use, I suggest either Old Industrial District or the Business District. The former has vast amount of homeless people squatting in the half-demolished old brick-and-mortar buildings, while the latter sees business-people come and go on a daily basis. One or two disappearing from their hotel rooms is not that uncommon... as long as no signs of struggle are found," Matthias explained. "Foreign District used to be a great source, too, but thanks to it falling under the influence of the Holy Church, you should steer clear of it. Oh, and one other thing... do not attack the whores and courtesans of this city. They are led by a woman whose influence should never be underestimated. You know the old proverb of "Information is power", right? Well, she... she is the epitome of this saying. If one of her workers disappears, she will know it. And she will find out who did it. And she will make them pay. We do not need any additional enemies at the moment."
    "I shall keep this in mind. Does that mean she might be willing to pass along information to us? As in, is she trustworthy enough to keep requests from strange foreigners to herself?" The way he spoke of her made it seem more like she was another risk rather than an asset, but it was worth a try.

"Whatever we end up doing... there is one thing we must be clear about. We do not alert Annabelle McKlennington to anything we do. While the clergymen at the docks are a clear enemy for us, that woman... well, let us just say that she, by her very nature, is something of a natural threat to us. She might be an airhead, but... if we were to make her our enemy, or alert her to what is going on, she'd be more dangerous than any agent of Church they could send after us."
    He didn't know whether to laugh or be shocked in silence. "Wait, that girl? A danger? You might want to tell me this a bit sooner next time before I almost...never mind, I'll keep her in mind."

Standing up from his chair he turned around to his suitcase, swinging it so that Loch could not see the insides, then rummaged around it for only a second, then closing it again.

"It seems that we have come to an agreement. Let's shake on it then."

If one would only see his right hand one would think this were a completely regular gentlemen's agreement. It was his left hand that seemed a bit out of place, holding a severed, heavily tattooed right arm of pale complexion. At its end were fingerless gloves and its stump seemed dried out, reminding him a bit of the meat market he used to visit as a small child. Though this was not the aroma he would remember, rather it was a stinging combination of mothballs and preservation fluid.

"I'll have to insist on both shakes, I hope you don't mind."
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Time: 16:15

“I’m a warrior, not a murderer, and I have my own reasons for wanting to see if this miracle is real, and will do what I must. However... My business here is only with those Masters, and I will do what I can to make sure the people of Tengetsu are not troubled or harmed by my battles.”
    Taruhito nodded, his mood improving a little after he heard what Kirame had to say.

"I appreciate that. I understand that the call of the ritual pits you against other Masters and Servants in a battle for supremacy, and that cannot be avoided. However, if you aim to avoid civilian casualties... well, that is all I can ask from you," he said, nodding to himself. "As much as I hate to admit it, I am not the owner of the magical properties of this island, and thus, it does not fall under my jurisdiction what rituals are performed me. As I said before, my interest lies solely on the safety of my people. Therefore, you have my thanks."

However, having said that, a troubled cloud once again passed over the mayor's face. He seemed hesitant to speak at first, staring at the floor before him deep in thought. After opening his mouth a few times as if to test the waters, he finally began speaking, this time with a rather stern tone. It was clear that something was troubling him in what Kirame had said, after all.

"However... something you just said sounds... odd," he spoke. "You said you received letters. What do you mean by that? From the information I got from the head priestess of Yamaichi Shrine, the call of the ritual would only manifest as the red brands, and those who received would know what to do. In other words, nothing else would be needed."

Taruhito stared at Kirame with slightly worried look.

"So... who sent that letter to you"?

Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:53

"I've returned Sourokurou-san. It's been ten years since I've last seen you. Can we talk about what has happened since we last met? I even brought Onii-san and your favorite sweets for us to talk over with. And... what is this Holy Grail War?"
    For a moment, the frighteningly tall woman with black hair, known as Mochizuki Sourokurou, stared at Kiyoko with an unreadable expression. Standing there, in the shadows thrown by the fire pit at the center of the chamber, she almost seemed like some sort of youkai of legends, a demi-human who had taken over the shrine. It was not that Sourokurou was scary or intimidating, no. She did not emit any hostility aimed at the younger girl in front of her. However, the mere sight of this tall priestess made the air feel heavy, as if it was pushing down on anyone in her presence.

She slowly turned to face Kiyoko, and her shadow moved in the flickering flame of the pit, throwing itself over the younger girl.

"... Miyamoto... Kiyoko," Sourokurou slowly said, as if tasting the name. Her voice, reverberating with deep bass in the darkness, sounded almost pleased. "To think that you are a Master... truly, the fates play interesting game with us, do they not?"

Putting her hands behind her back, Sourokurou slowly walked past the fire pit, closer to where Kiyoko was. As she got closer, her apparent height got even clearer. Even after all these years, she still towered over Kiyoko, gazing down at the younger girl with that mysterious smile of hers. It wasn't exactly happy smile, but there was some warmth in it. However, as usual, it was still... unnerving.

"Unfortunately, Miyamoto-san, we do not have the luxury of exchanging stories tonight. As you should be well aware, tonight something important is supposed to start, and I am expecting many visitors during the course of this evening. It would be... unwise of you to linger too long," she said, her words carrying clear meaning. "There is no hurry, after all. We can always have our discussion at a better time."

Laughing softly, Sourokurou stared into the deep shadows that gathered to the corners of the chamber. A small moment of silence stretched between the two, until she finally looked back at the young girl before her, and began speaking once more.

"However, you said that you do not know what this 'Holy Grail War' is that you have been called to partake in. That is... surprising. As I had been led to believe, those participating would know enough to support themselves during. It seems I have to rectify this mistake," she said, nodding to herself in affirmation. "First of all, let me ask you, Miyamoto-san. Have you learned that this ritual is an all out war between nine Masters using nine Servants? A war for the sake of one and only Mocking Grail?"

Time: 19:23

"I'll have to insist on both shakes, I hope you don't mind."
    For a moment, Matthias' eyes lingered on the tattooed, severed hand that Delacroix was offering. A hint of a spark of understanding lingered in his eyes, but his face did not show any other expression than slight amusement. Then, with a soft smile, he extended his own hands, crossed them, and thus grabbed the hands offered to him, giving them a firm shake.

"Understandable, I think. It is an agreement between all parties, after all," he said, chuckling slightly. "I'd have you shake hands with my familiars as well, but... ah, I do not think I have enough tea prepared for such long and arduous task. Not to mention you'd be here the whole night if you attempted something like that."

Matthias laughed like it had been a good joke.

Azama Tae
    Time: 15:25

"..."

Nothing. She's saying she wants nothing in return for sharing this precious information with me. Naturally, even if I could get away with it scot-free, I disagree with that sort of deal. It's an unfair, selfish and imbalanced exchange... No, it can't be called an exchange if I don't give anything as well. Even if I am supposed to be a special case because we happened to meet in the past when I was little, it does not justify this kind of treatment. If anything, I should be providing a generous reward as well.

"..."

However... The moment I open my mouth to speak I realize it's no use. I find myself unable to argue against her proposal, maybe because I can now see a part of Otsue-Taiyu that I couldn't see before, when she wore a mask. I immediately understand how she feels and how glad she is to see me after all these years even before she spells it out loud. In turn, she's also able to read me like an open book and even suggests that the price I paid for all those clues was paid when I decided to meet her in person. It's not something I really want to agree with, but...

"... Hah."

I guess a part of me really longed for that warmth and kindness. Within this unpredictably cruel world, which takes and gives suddenly and offering no explanation, this sort of things are the ones one must treasure the most. They are quick, ephemeral, but they are also the things we remember when it matters the most. Unable to stop my eyes from watering from hearing those words, I at least make an effort to wipe them before they become tears. As much as I'd like a shoulder to cry on, I must show no weakness and soldier on. When I get Yomi back. Only then will I allow myself to cry to my heart's content.

"Thank you once again. I won't forget this."

I bow my head once more, before getting back on my feet, slowly.

"I must be going now. Please take care of yourself, Otsue-san."

After a polite 'excuse me', and assuming Otsue has nothing to add, I slide the door open and head out of her room.
    Last edited by hero; February 19th, 2015 at 02:15 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 19:43

I’d definitely made a mistake. Any assumption I’d had that this temple would be less heavy, less complex, less meaningful was a foolish vagary of hope. Whether through magecraft, architecture or mere fact, the Yamaichi Shrine was much more than it seemed.

Still, this was less of a temple and more of a labyrinth; an eternity of darkened hallways with only the faintest of light, and caverns leading everywhere but where you expected at each turn. The uniform chambers and corridors, the darkness hanging as a black sheet from the ceilings, the twists and turns of endless paths - each compressed and hung on the mind, forming a trial much unlike the pilgrimage up the mountain. Even so, I step forward with as much confidence as I can muster, body quivering and senses straining from experience.

I am used to caverns, after all.

Soon enough, I see light, and hear a lilting melody woven in the air. I step forward, and behold two things. The first is a large fire, the source of the light and warmth I had sought.

The second is a priestess, carved from history to dance even now.

She stops, and turns to me, her eyes meeting mine.

"Welcome, o' Chosen Master. I welcome you to Yamaichi Shrine."
    I hold up my right arm and pull down the sleeve, revealing my Command Seals.

“I am Xander Stone, Master in this war for the Mocking Grail. As requested by your summons, I have come.”
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; February 19th, 2015 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 16:17

“Your guess is as good as mine.” Kirame answered Taruhito’s question immediately, plainly stating the truth of the matter. “The brands appeared just before I received a letter with a short explanation of what they were. The ticket for my flight here also came in the letter. There was a second letter too…”

The young man stopped and dryly chuckled to himself, remembering the contents of the second letter. Kirame remembered quite clearly the contents of that second letter. It was no laughing matter what was written there, and he wasn’t laughing at the letter itself, but rather at how he was going to repay the sender once he found them.

“It was all nonsense, full of insults. I don’t even think it was personally written with me in mind, but rather everyone involved with this ritual. There was one interesting part in it though,” Kirame leaned forward, reaching behind him and pulling two twice-folded slips of paper stacked on top of each other out of his pocket. “If you’re so curious, you can read them yourself. Let’s see.”

Unfolding the top letter, Kirame read how the letter was addressed.

Dear Candidate,

“This is the first one.” Saying so Kirame pressed the sheet of paper against the wood floor and slid it toward Taruhito with a flick of his wrist. As the letter reached the mayor Kirame repeated the action with the second, still folded letter. “That’s the second. The part written near the end: ‘You’re trapped here. Forever. With me.; I took that to mean whoever sent it is here. Aside from that there’s a lot of other nonsense written there, thousands of corpses, lies as cold as snow, opening my eyes and facing the truth.”

Kirame clicked his tongue in annoyance. Just repeating the contents in that letter reminded him of all the insults written in there. He didn’t take well to insults.

“Whoever wrote that has a few screws loose.”
    Last edited by Spinach; February 19th, 2015 at 01:13 PM.

Astrid Hildebrandt
    Time: 16:22

It had been quite some time since she had last had contact with him, but the impression imparted by official missives and a brief conversation over a very unstable connection was nothing compared to that of meeting the commissioner himself in the flesh. Physically imposing by nature, his broad shoulders were adorned with a wide lapel coat, and the combination of pipe and deerstalker complete the ensemble with echoes of the Great Detective.

Meiji Myoujingata was truly a man after her own heart.

"It certainly has, Commissioner," she replied, meeting his proffered hand in a firm handshake. "But then again, this technically is our first actual meeting."

And so it was. Though she had become acquainted with the police chief over the investigation of a case that had crossed into his territory, their actual interactions had been limited to the official business of coordinating the cooperation between the Clock Tower and second parties; not enough to glean more than a superficial understanding of the man's character. Still, that precedent was enough to grant her a contact in Tengetsu, when fate decreed her to become a part of the game that was about to unfold on this remote land.

Fate; or rather, the hand that penned that letter, not too long ago.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet, then, even though it finds us both at a quite turbulent time. But by the same token," and here her voice took on a wry tone, "was it not this imminent upheaval that made this meeting possible?"

With the handshake mutually ended, Astrid shrugged, and lifted a hand to adjust her hat.

"All the more, I must thank you for taking the time to see me. Especially since I'm apparently not the first guest you've entertained today."
    Last edited by Leftovers; February 19th, 2015 at 11:17 PM. Reason: changed wording on last sentence

Francis York(?) Morgan
    Time: 14:49

I looked on with some approval as my words seemed to jog something in the presumed-innkeep's thoughts, a lazy smile stretching across her face, "Ah, you're Meiji-kun's reservation, right? He told me some foreign hunk would stop by. In that case it's all worked out, yeah. See, I happen to know Meiji-kun from the waaaay back, when he was naught but a mischievous teenager trying to peep into the women's bath. Can't remember how many times I had to drive him away with a broom. He was like a tom cat, huhuhu~"

This 'Meiji-kun', wonder if he's the Chief, never been very good with names.

I waited patiently as she bustled about with the keys hanging on the wall, and smiled in thanks when one was presented to me, along with a receipt stating that, yes, I had obtained the room.

"Sign that, and the room is yours. You know how those boys at the police station are with paperwork, after all."

"Sure thing, law enforcement's a bit stiff sometimes, but they mean well."

I dashed off a signature that wasn't mine, and took the key, "Thanks, can't stay and chat, though, need to get everything squared away."

I nodded a farewell and strode off to the room, twisting the key in the lock and entering smoothly, setting the bags by the wall. Got out the things smoothly, setting the clothes at the wall, and my belongings either on the bedside table, or in my jacket.

Stretching slightly, I adjusted the jacket, straightened the tie, and set out for the Police Station, pausing at the door to hand a 'Do Not Disturb' sign.

Saves trouble later.

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:53

Sourokurou's expression turned from a serene expression to an unreadable one. I was surprised because this wasn't what I was expecting when I imagined our meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourokurou
    "... Miyamoto... Kiyoko. To think that you are a Master... truly, the fates play interesting game with us, do they not?"
    "Y-yes!"

I accidentally stammered as I responded to Sourokurou's question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourokurou
    "Unfortunately, Miyamoto-san, we do not have the luxury of exchanging stories tonight. As you should be well aware, tonight something important is supposed to start, and I am expecting many visitors during the course of this evening. It would be... unwise of you to linger too long. There is no hurry, after all. We can always have our discussion at a better time.
    "I understand... I'll come over tomorrow."

I couldn't keep that small sliver of sadness out of my voice. I was hoping that I could catch up on old times and find out why Sen-chan.

However, you said that you do not know what this 'Holy Grail War' is that you have been called to partake in. That is... surprising. As I had been led to believe, those participating would know enough to support themselves during. It seems I have to rectify this mistake. First of all, let me ask you, Miyamoto-san. Have you learned that this ritual is an all out war between nine Masters using nine Servants? A war for the sake of one and only Mocking Grail?"
    "What are these servants? What is this Mocking Grail? And why must we fight for it? Can't we share the grail?

Blog Entries
    Time: 16:19

“Whoever wrote that has a few screws loose.”
    "... Yes, that much is very apparent," Yamahito said, frowning at the second letter like it had spat in his face. "However... the way that this second letter is written is almost as if the writer had seen this... which probably means Heaven's Moon ritual itself... happen before. In other words, almost as if he or she had a personal connection to the whole thing. I wonder..."

For a moment, the mayor kept staring at the second letter. Then he took a glance at the first letter, comparing the two to each other. Whatever he wanted to find, however, clearly did not appear, as after a few seconds, he sighed and put them both away. Then he turned his attention back to Kirame.

"Judging from the handwriting, these two letters were not made by the same person. The contents also suggest the same conclusion. In other words, that would mean there are two parties involved in this ritual... one who wants you to participate in it, and another one who... well, to be honest, I can't imagine what the intention of the second letter is. It insults the recipient as if say they are unneeded, and yet... it also talks as if you'd still arrive. I mean, you did, but that's besides the point. It's almost as if the writer of the second letter thought you'd have no choice but to come," Yamahito said, scratching his chin. "Plus the way the writer talks... it's almost as if they were personally responsible for the ritual. No, in a way, both letters indicate that to varying degrees. Unless... unless the 'game' the second letter talks about is something completely else. But what could it be...?"

The mayor frowned in frustration, clearly not happy that these letters had only generated more questions. He slid them back to Kirame, folding his hands afterwards.

"I must say, I don't like it. Whatever is going on here, it makes me afraid that the Heaven's Moon is not the only thing we have to worry about," he said. "I'd suggest you keep your eyes open, Ryougi-kun, and be cautious of the people you meet in Tengetsu. Like you said, there's a good chance that the writer is on this island, which means that he or she may try to contact you again."

Time:
    15:15

As York arrived to the police station, he was greeted by the familiar sight of the imposing building sternly sitting against the backdrop of a snowy city. There weren't that many people on the streets, but that much was to be expected. This was the old industrial district, after all, and not many people lived in this part of the town. Indeed, many who came here only had business to attend at either the hospital or the police station. That or loiterers with nothing but too much time in their hands.

And speaking of people with too much time on their hands...

"Achoo!" the auburn-haired girl standing at the police station entrance, wearing rather light and anachronistic clothing, sneezed loudly. "Oh dear, I'll end up catching a cold if I have to stand here much longer..."

The said girl was standing alone in the snow, with her back turned towards the direction where York was arriving. In other words, she was completely oblivious to his presence.

"Now where is that man? I wonder if I should have headed out to the airport after all..."

Later That Day... (
    16:25)

"All the more, I must thank you for taking the time to see me. Especially since I'm apparently not the first guest you've entertained today."
    Meiji chuckled and sat back to his leaning back at his chair. He took a moment to properly light his pipe, enjoying the first drag before turning his attention back to Astrid. Meanwhile, Ms. Farfield had taken this rare chance to begin watering the potted flowers in the chief's room. Some of them were looking rather withered, meaning that the Sherlock-esque man behind the desk did not really care for their well-being. Luckily there was at least one energetic officer always on the job.

"It's been something of a day of reunions for me, funnily enough. Never would have thought two people involved in the same mess of a situation from four years ago would show up at the same time, but as the old song goes, it's a small world after all," Meiji said, before suddenly shuddering and adding. "Not that I particularly like that song. Horrid little piece."

"You've always been more of a fan of violin, haven't you chief?" Ms. Farfield piped up from the sidelines, before giggling. "Though I suppose that's part of your 'hobby' now, isn't it?"

Myoujingata Meiji could only grunt in slight annoyance, throwing a warning glare at the officer, before looking back at Astrid.

"In any case, what can I do for you, Miss Hildebrandt? I apologize for the mess at the office, it's been hell of a few days. There was some nasty business with Father Benedict of the local church, and the... presence of some people near the docks does not help," Meiji said, choosing his words carefully. After all, they were in a presence of a 'mundane' person. "Still, if there's something I can do for you, just ask. I still owe you from before, after all."

Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:55

"What are these servants? What is this Mocking Grail? And why must we fight for it? Can't we share the grail?
    Sourokurou made a strange sound that sounded almost like a rumbling laugh. Her mouth was also curved into a ghost of a smile, but it was not aimed at Kiyoko. What was aimed at the young girl was the atmosphere around the tall woman which made one immediately straighten one's back. In this environment, it was easy to feel that the priestess was truly akin to a conduit of a kami, judging the person before her.

"So you are telling me that you have come all the way here without any prior knowledge or studying? Hmh. Truly, that sounds like you, Miyamoto-san. Now then... to answer your questions shortly: Servants are heroes of the past given bodies. They are beings surpassing humans, and resemble spirits in quite many ways. They are, in addition, a weapon granted to you by the Mocking Grail to partake in this battle for its ownership. For you, a Master, the task is to summon a Servant. The Mocking Grail will take care of the rest."

Letting out another low laughter, Sourokurou's eyes glinted in the darkness as she then added:

"Well, you will understand better once you summon yours."

Still keeping her hands clasped behind her back, Sourokurou turned away from Kiyoko and began walking in circle around the fire pit at the center of the chamber, her eyes staring deep into the quietly burning flames. The light threw dancing shadows on her face, and though the music that had accompanied her before was now quiet, one could still see shades of that in the movement of those dark forms.

"As for what comes to all the rest... the reason you must fight is simple. That is the true meaning of those red brands on your body. It means you have been... chosen. The Command Spell is a holy mark. Becoming a Master is a trial placed upon you, and you alone. You cannot escape from it, or circumvent it, simply because you feel it inconvenient, or find the ritual itself undesirable. Yes... you cannot be released from the pain of that trial until you obtain the Mocking Grail," Sourokurou spoke quietly, yet with absolute authority. "As for the Mocking Grail... yes, while the name may fool you, do not be deceived by the mere call of a bird. It is still a genuine Holy Grail. After all, its proof is the mere fact that the summoning of Servants has become possible. Summoning and controlling past heroes... No, a miracle close to resurrecting the dead is almost a Sorcery. A Holy Grail, a Mocking Grail, with this much power shall grant its owner unlimited power. The object's unreality is worthless in front of that truth. Now, are you starting to understand, Miyamoto-san? This same Mocking Grail is what the victor of this Holy Grail War shall receive... in other words, the power to turn their wishes, whatever it may be, into reality."

As her slow steps took her around the fire pit, Sourokurou eventually ended up where she had left, but this time, she was behind Kiyoko. Towering above the girl and with shadows cast on her face, she truly was like an image of Enma himself, staring down at the mortal who had appeared before her. With that mysterious smile still on her lips, she continued talking.

"And while your last point about sharing it is a fair argument, we do not have such freedom. Only one person can obtain the Mocking Grail," she spoke firmly, leaving no room for objections. "That is not something we chose, but what the Mocking Grail has decided. The Mocking Grail decides the nine Masters and summons the nine Servants. I told you that this is a ritual. The Mocking Grail chooses the people suitable to obtain it, and selects its appropriate owner by making them fight for it. That is the Holy Grail War, Heaven's Moon.... the ritual where those chosen by the Mocking Grail kill each other to obtain it."

Sourokurou spoke with a low tone, but with absolute firmness. There was no rebutting what she had said.

Later That Day... (19:45)

“I am Xander Stone, Master in this war for the Mocking Grail. As requested by your summons, I have come.”
    Letting out a mildly amused hum, Sourokurou nodded to Xander. She then clasped her hands behind her back, and begun approaching him, until there was not much room between the two. Up close, it quickly became apparent just how tall the priestess was, being well over two meters in height. Such a sight inside this dimly lit chamber was more than fitting, thanks to the shadows created by the burning fire pit at the center of the room. While most would have most likely taken the advantage of the situation to intimidate the new arrivals, the priestess did not. She simply had no need to. Her physical presence was enough to quiet down even the most energetic individual.

"-------- Well met, Xander Stone. I am Sourokurou Mochizuki, the head priestess of this shrine. As the supervisor of this Holy Grail War, I officially acknowledge you as a Master participating in this war," Sourokurou spoke, nodding slowly. "You have been sanctified to partake in this ritual under the rules governed by the Mocking Grail."

A smile that could not really be called a smile spread to Sourokurou's lips. There was no real happiness to it, and in a way, it was like watching a shark twist its mouth. It was simply something that happened on an instinct, not something affected by emotions. Still, it was an expression she directed at Xander, so something in his demeanor must have caused it.

"Judging by your tone, you understand the meaning of this ritual, as well as the importance of your chosen markings?" the priestess continued with a question. "That eases my task. However, while I may not have called you here specifically, you have still graced this shrine with your presence... thus, if you have any questions, I am more than happy to answer them."

Astrid Hildebrandt
    Time: 16:25

"A person involved in that case?"

Astrid's foot tapped a quick rhythm on the floor, an outlet for her inner excitement.

"Perhaps that song holds more truth than it's been given credit for. Although I can't say I came to Tengetsu solely for that, revisiting that case with a more, shall I say, hands-on approach is something I intend to do in my time here."

She said that, but it wasn't to say that the field team sent four years ago had not been thorough or competent enough; they were the best the Clock Tower had to offer, operating based as much on the information that Astrid had provided them as their own skills - if not more. In that sense, their failure on that day was also hers to share; a failure she was eager to, at the first chance, amend.

"But as it happens, it's not the one that got away, but another sort of case that brings me to your office. The gravity of the situation demands as much." Drawing a hand into her coat, she retrieves two folded letters from her inner pocket, placing them on the side of the desk closer to the commissioner.

"Truth be told, I can't say no to a mystery like this, especially since someone went through the trouble of personally seeking me out. But by the same token, a mystery has to be self-contained; if it encroaches on the lives of the unaware, the time is past for self-indulgent enquiries. Anything I could ask of you, you would have had to do yourself, sooner or later. It is one of those things that, as it's said in Japan, cannot be helped."

Gesturing towards the letters, Astrid's next words were gravely delivered.

"I come here to request your vigilance, to ensure this story doesn't turn into a tragedy." Then with a lighter tone, she added. "And to let you know I will do my best to get to the bottom of this."
    Last edited by Leftovers; February 20th, 2015 at 07:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Time: 16:27

Meiji put aside his pipe for a moment, taking a look at the two letters placed in front of him. With experienced hands, he opened the drawer of his desk and fished out two single-use medical gloves, which he then promptly put on. Only after that did he pick up the letters, inspecting their exterior carefully. The rather old-looking envelopes they had been in were merely for show, as a simple sniff was enough to tell that the envelopes were almost brand new, most likely bought from a store. That much was also certain from the glue used to shut them.

Carefully opening the envelopes, Meiji spread both of the letters in front of him for inspection. Momentarily, his eyes seemed to widen slightly, but soon enough, they were back in their focused narrowness. Even when Ms. Farfield tried to sneak a peak at them, using her flower-watering as an excuse, a simple shoo of a hand from the police chief was enough to drive her away. Seconds ticked away as the commissioner stared at the letters, carefully reading and analyzing what was written on them. It looked almost as if he was trying to squeeze out some information locked away in his brain, but nothing seemed to come out.

Couple of minutes later, he had finally arrived to a conclusion of some sort.

"... I've seen this handwriting somewhere before," Meiji suddenly spoke up, tapping the first letter softly with his index finger. "I can't remember when or where, but... I've definitely seen those swirly S's, and that slightly bent dot on the i's somewhere before. Leaving the contents aside for a minute, I think it's pretty safe to say that whoever wrote the first letter is living on Tengetsu, and I've met them at some point during my life."

Those simple words were another testament to the great mental capacities of Myoujingata Meiji. The officers working under him often joked that he had a foolproof memory, capable of remembering every little detail he came across. And while he might not have been a savant with eidetic memory, he still had a knack for remembering the tiniest details he came across, even many years afterwards. Even Ms. Farfield, having heard what the chief said, flashed a quick but proud smile at him, as if she had not expected anything less of the man.

"As for what comes to their contents, I'm beginning to see the reason why you're here. And understand why you ask of our vigilance," Meiji said, putting the letters back in their envelopes, removing his gloves, and picking up his pipe again. "And you can be assured, Ms. Hildebrandt. As busy as we are with our murder investigation, I'm not going to allow any sort of tragedy befall this island or anyone living in here. We will be keeping an eye out on our own. However, as you understand... my men cannot keep track of everything."

There was definite pressure on the last word, signifying what Meiji meant. While he might have been on the know of the supernatural side of things, and something of an accomplished magus, the police force that he led was not. They reach was, unfortunately, limited in some aspects.

"However..." Meiji took a drag from his pipe, and after a moment, blew out the smoke. "... That's where you come in. I must say, I'm glad to have you here during this. At least I know I have people I can trust to investigate the other side of things."

Time: 14:58

Anna waved at the two as they approached, smiling warmly.

"Nice to meet y-" She reached out to accept Muire's handshake, but her hand was intercepted. The girl raised her brows in surprise, but kept her smile.

She tried to quite genuinely imitate Chelsea's cheeriness with her expression, but the effort fell a little bit short - there was just too much of it, the enthusiasm. Anna wanted to 'return' the handshake, but it seemed that the pink haired girl had both of them covered with her wild swinging.

"Ah, I remember her. She's the one, isn't she?" She waited until Chelsea stopped waving their arms, and finished the interrupted greeting with Muire by giving him a nod. "I'll have to ask her about it later. Now is probably not the best time."

"It's been a long time! It's good to see familiar faces again," Anna casually placed a hand on her side. "Well, the truth is, I mainly came here to greet you guys and make sure you know that I'm around, here, in Tengetsu. I wouldn't bother you without a reason, though! I know I'm not that important yet, haha."

Anna grabbed one of her hands, fiddling with the glove over it. "I'd like to speak with the Bishop, as I've told Rain here. Please relay that to him if you can. I'll probably come back tomorrow; I wouldn't want to keep you away from work by overstaying my welcome. I understand that he's a busy man, so if he asks what I want with him, well..."

She slid the glove off, baring her elegant hand and the red brand over its pale skin. Her smile remained, though it was firmly polite rather than cheerful.

"Just tell him about these."

The girl kept her hand out in the cold for a little while longer before putting the glove back on. "Oh, and as I've said before to Rain, if you ever have a need for me, please, don't hesitate to tell me. I'll do my best to help. And... it was nice meeting you. I hope we'll be getting along."

Astrid Hildebrandt
    Time: 16:27

Astrid met the man's words with a nod and a grateful smile. As she had first thought four years ago, Myoujingata Meiji's heart was truly in the right place.

"Truly, the feeling is mutual, commissioner. And while I cannot deny that certain elements of the situation are beyond my control, be assured that I will work on my side of the investigation with the same zeal as the capable officers of your department, so we may bring this case to a satisfactory conclusion."

When Meiji made to hand her the letters back, she politely held a hand up to stop him.

"Ah, please keep the letters for now, if you will. I have already memorised all there is to them, but you may yet recall something more upon further scrutiny."

For all she could remember the details of the letters' contour, and every word of their contents, it was the police chief's mental prowess and knowledge of the island and its people that would be best served by reexamining the letters; to spot some clue hitherto unseen, or perchance retrieve it from the depths of his memory.

"Any information that I come upon on my side," Astrid continued, "that pertains to your investigations, I will relay to you. In that regard, consider my eyes and ears to be yours as well. I hope that you will do the same, so that we may both deal with our issues with the optimal efficacy."

The words hung in the air for a moment; then, as if to end the weighty conversation on a light tone, Astrid's formal demeanour broke into an airy, sheepish mood.

"And in that spirit of cooperation, I have to ask: would you happen to have a pair of spare tire chains? Judging by the station's vehicles, the roads at night must be a nightmare."
    Last edited by Leftovers; February 20th, 2015 at 01:05 PM.