Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Moon White Redux (RP)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Phase: Day 2/3
    Time: 15:00
    Day: January 12th

"It's been a long time! It's good to see familiar faces again. Well, the truth is, I mainly came here to greet you guys and make sure you know that I'm around, here, in Tengetsu. I wouldn't bother you without a reason, though! I know I'm not that important yet, haha."
    "Nonsense," Muire said, offering quiet but encouraging smile to Anna. "In these troubling times, it's good to see another friendly face. More so if it happens to be an old acquaintance. I wouldn't say there is anything unimportant about that. To the contrary, to know that we have an unexpected friend is important enough to--"

A high-pitched giggle and an echoing slap to the back interrupted Muire, almost sending him rocketing to a snow bank nearby. Though he shot an annoyed glare at the culprit (one hyperactive pink-haired girl), his expression soon turned into that confident smile once more. Meanwhile, Chelsea had caught Anna by the shoulder, being pretty much glued to her side like the two of them had been the greatest of friends already.

"What Mister Grumpy here wants to say is: 'Don't worry, be happy!'," Chelsea said and grinned widely. "We don't care if you're here to join the hoard of tourists sight-seeing a silly blizzard! What's important is more friends! Wahahaha~!"

Both Muire and Rain winced as Chelsea's ever-present giggle turned into strange sort of laugh. It was the type of guffaw one could imagine a tanned, ditzy teacher let out for some reason... but perhaps it was best not to think too deeply about it. The important fact was that it did not continue for too long.

"Just tell him about these. Oh, and as I've said before to Rain, if you ever have a need for me, please, don't hesitate to tell me. I'll do my best to help. And... it was nice meeting you. I hope we'll be getting along."
    "Sure!" Rain said, nodding to Anna. It seemed that he, and neither of the other two, seemed to realize the importance of the brands on Anna's skin. "Same to you. We'll be here for quite a while, so if you ever run into trouble, don't hesitate to stop by. Oh, and, well, mind writing your phone number down? We'll give you a call when that old geezer decides to return to the ship."

Rain fished a piece of paper and a pen from his back-pocket, but before he could hand them to Anna, Chelsea had once more interrupted. This time by shoving a sickeningly pink notebook (adorned with innumerable stickers) almost straight to Anna's left nostril.

"Ooh, me too, me too!" Chelsea chimed in. "There's this cake shop I wanna hit with a fellow girl! Torque never goes anywhere with me..."

Phase: Day 3/3
    Time: 16:30

"Ah, please keep the letters for now, if you will. I have already memorised all there is to them, but you may yet recall something more upon further scrutiny."
    For a moment, Meiji looked surprised. Just as quickly, however, he nodded understandingly and used one of the gloves to take the letters, before dropping them into the open drawer.

"Alright. I'll swing by the lab later today when it's free, and see if I can gleam something off of them," he said, glancing the letters once more before shutting the drawer. "I'm not hopeful for fingerprints or anything of the like, but that might not be the only thing we could find from them..."

"Any information that I come upon on my side that pertains to your investigations, I will relay to you. In that regard, consider my eyes and ears to be yours as well. I hope that you will do the same, so that we may both deal with our issues with the optimal efficacy."
    "Alright," Meiji answered with a hint of a smile. He quickly took a piece of paper from the notebook next to him, and wrote down a cellphone number. "Use this to reach me if something does come up. I still have your old number, so unless you've changed it, I know how to reach you. Like you said, it's easier if we both keep in contact and exchange information we come across. I might be tied up in the murder investigation for most of the time, but I'll be looking into this whenever I can."

"And in that spirit of cooperation, I have to ask: would you happen to have a pair of spare tire chains? Judging by the station's vehicles, the roads at night must be a nightmare."
    Meiji stared at Astrid as if the question presented to him had caught him completely off-guard. However, quickly his surprise melted into a smile, and he burst into a short, relaxed laughter.

"I think we can afford to part with some vehicular help, yes," he said, grinning slightly. "God knows the tourists manage to cause enough problems with ill-prepared rent-a-cars. We wouldn't want you to bother our good men at the traffic duty."

Meiji shot a glance towards Ms. Farfield, who realized this and made a playful salute that had nothing professional in it.

"Amber, could you show Miss Hildebrandt where we keep our tire chains? Oh, and help her install them?" he asked from the auburn-haired officer. "Take her vehicle to the garage to do that, though. I think your fiancee would kill me if I let you get sick under my watch."

"Aye-aye, sir!" Amber said and chuckled, before turning to Astrid. "Shall we? The garage is at the basement, so we'll need to drive your vehicle there by the ramp."

Acquired Clue!
    [Myoujingata's Information about Letters]
    Myoujingata Meiji, the police chief of Tengetsu, has apparently seen the handwriting of the first letter at some point in his past. The exact time and place still elude him, however. Still, this Clue can be used to further deductions.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 20th, 2015 at 02:38 PM.

Astrid Hildebrandt
    Time: 16:30

Taking the slip of paper that Meiji offered with a grin, Astrid gave a corny doff of the hat, and then turned to follow Ms. Farfield out of the office. But before she passed the doorframe, she stopped on her tracks, as if she had abruptly remembered something important.

Looking over her shoulder, she posed a final question to Myoujingata Meiji.

"The other person that you met today, who was involved in the mess four years ago. What is his name?"

The Thunderbird's engine purred as it cleared the ramp and entered the police station's garage. Bringing the vehicle to a stop near the grinning Amber, she took a look at mass of chains held in her hands, and sighed.

"It's embarrassing to say, but I never learned how to do this, despite having my bike for quite some time. London sees a lot of snow, but it's nothing compared to the conditions here; plus the roads there are regularly salted."

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 19:55

As could only be expected, the priestess of the shrine held an equal presence to the temple in which he stood. I’m no dwarf; however, even someone like me would be cowed by a woman who stood several inches higher than him with such force of being.

"-------- Well met, Xander Stone. I am Sourokurou Mochizuki, the head priestess of this shrine. As the supervisor of this Holy Grail War, I officially acknowledge you as a Master participating in this war. You have been sanctified to partake in this ritual under the rules governed by the Mocking Grail."
    “Thank you, Ms. Sourokurou.” Should he have said that differently, or used the honorifics he’d tried to memorize from that guidebook? It was difficult to think in the bowels of this shrine, confined with roaring flame and oppressive shadow and confronted with the entirely unnatural smile of a predator serving tea to its hapless prey.

”However, while I may not have called you here specifically, you have still graced this shrine with your presence... thus, if you have any questions, I am more than happy to answer them."
    “You didn’t?”

This was definitely disquieting.

“You weren’t the person who sent those letters?” I reach into my pocket, pull out two well-worn envelopes, the letters inside equally crinkled from many times of reading, and proffer them to the priestess.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; February 21st, 2015 at 11:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Time: 16:31

"The other person that you met today, who was involved in the mess four years ago. What is his name?"
    Meiji, who was in the process of taking a drag from his pipe, stopped for a moment. His eyes stared somewhere behind Astrid, as if he was thinking back to something. Or, almost like he was weighing something in his mind. Finally, he let out the smoke in a big billowing trail, and leaned back in his chair. A small smile appeared on his lips, and he shrugged almost as if saying 'well, I suppose it's alright'.

"An old friend of mine," he said, staring out the window. "Morgan."

"It's embarrassing to say, but I never learned how to do this, despite having my bike for quite some time. London sees a lot of snow, but it's nothing compared to the conditions here; plus the roads there are regularly salted."
    "Oh, it's not that bad here in the city," Amber said, smiling. She was now wearing a thick-looking jacket, her head bopping out of it like she had been a young Emperor penguin. "They do keep a good care of the roads. It's just when anyone goes outside the main roads that the situation gets more difficult. Salt can only help so much, and the Great Blizzard does not make things easier."

The auburn-haired officer giggled and took a look at the bike, and the chain in her hands, before squatting down and beginning to size up the tire, as if to make sure she had picked the right length.

"The good thing is that we got all the surplus chains from old military vehicles that the Germans used," Amber spoke as she got to work. "So there's no shortage of these things. Now, just wait a moment, and I'll be done in a jiffy."

Having said that, Amber began the "operation."

Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:57

“You weren’t the person who sent those letters?”
    "..."

Quietly, without saying a word, Sourokurou reached out and took the letters offered to her by Xander. She easily flipped the first one open, and fished out the actual paper. For few moments, her black eyes darted on the lines, reading them with surprisingly fast pace. However, even if she was suprirsed, her face betrayed no emotion. Not even when she moved to the second letter (which was even stranger in its contents) did she raise an eyebrow.

Eventually the silence between the two ended, and with a flick of her wrist, the priestess handed the letters back to Xander. Her face was showing signs of that ghostly smile of hers once more, but there was steel in her eyes. That, perhaps, was the only sign that what she had read was not completely to her liking.

"... I must admit, this is unexpected. In my training as the supervisor of this Holy Grail War, it was never said that the call of the Mocking Grail required a written invitation, much less a taunting through words," she said, chuckling darkly. "But whatever. It seems that there simply is a person other than I who seeks to see this ritual come to fruition."

Looking back at Xander, Sourokurou switched her attention at the young man once more.

"Still, this is not something you as a Master should concern yourself with," she said. "This is a duty for myself, the supervisor of this Holy Grail War."
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 20th, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 19:57

"... I must admit, this is unexpected. In my training as the supervisor of this Holy Grail War, it was never said that the call of the Mocking Grail required a written invitation, much less a taunting through words. But whatever. It seems that there simply is a person other than I who seeks to see this ritual come to fruition."
    If the supervisor of the Holy Grail War hadn’t called him here, then who had? An unexpected occurrence so soon was greatly disquieting.

"Still, this is not something you as a Master should concern yourself with. This is a duty for myself, the supervisor of this Holy Grail War."
    “Very well then,” I say, swallowing my doubts. “In that case, I have but one question. Where should I go at the war’s end, when only one remains? Do I return here?”
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; February 21st, 2015 at 11:03 AM.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mister Delacroix
    Time: 19:23

"Well, well, well, then it's a contract. I'm not a fan of paper signing so this will do it. It is also binding I might add." He quickly put the severed arm back in the suitcase. "You will hear from me, and I hope I will from you the moment you hear anything interesting."

Delacroix spent a second shoving up his sleeves to look at his watch. He raised his eyebrow.

"I think I should hurry up now, there's someone I just can't keep waiting. If you'd excuse me..." Standing up he straightened his suit and waited for the man to unlock the door.

-----END
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 19:00

“Very well then. In that case, I have but one question. Where should I go at the war’s end, when only one remains? Do I return here?”
    Sourokurou let out yet another contained, low laughter. It was like watching a great, old beast hum in amusement. She looked into the fire that burned next to them, her eyes seeing something beyond those flames.

"Well, that does depend. Are you the only one remaining at the end of the war? Are you the victor? Or are you, perhaps, a mere survivor who wishes to steal the Mocking Grail before its rightful owner manages to lay claim on it?" she said, though her tone made it unclear whether or not she thought this was a real possibility. "It is easy to just make the Mocking Grail appear. Once the nine Servants are present, the Mocking Grail will appear in time. In other words, there is no need to actually wage war against each other. However, that does not complete the Mocking Grail. That thing decides its own appropriate master. And for that reason, it cannot be obtained by anyone who avoids battles."

Turning back to face Xander, Sourokurou raised her right hand ever so slightly, as if mimicking the sight of the Grail lowering itself from the heavens. Her expression was unreadable, but as usual, her intent was clear. Each and every word she used was meant to test the Master in front of her.

"In short, the only ones qualified to obtain the Mocking Grail are those who have Servants. When there is only one of you left, the Mocking Grail should naturally appear in front of you. So, do not fret. You will know exactly where to go when the time is right."

Having said that, the tall priestess turned around and walked slowly towards the altar at the other end of the chamber. Even further away, her physical presence did not lessen in the least. Thanks to the garb she was dressed in, she commanded much authority even with her mere sight, and even to one un-itiated in the ways of Shinto, her importance was easy to see.

"If that is all, then I shall say one more thing to you, young Master," Sourokurou spoke, gazing into the shadows. "As you leave, you shall take the route that runs behind this shrine. That way, you are able to avoid anyone who might come up the mountain the same way as you previously did. We cannot have Masters do battle before the war has been declared to have officially begun, can we?"

Sourokurou raised her hand again, and this time, she snapped her fingers, as if announcing something to the shadows themselves... or, perhaps, something waiting within them.

"You shall have yourself a guide to show you the right path. However, he will merely guard you till the foot of the mountain. After that, young Master... you are on your own," Sourokurou said, before smiling eerily. "Now then... I will leave him up to you..."

Something red momentarily shined in the darkness.

"...Ruler."

The air inside the chamber seemed to momentary freeze and then change direction. With a bright whistle, a gust of wind blew through the shrine, causing the flames to flicker momentarily even brighter. What followed that was the clear presence of massive amounts of prana, a condensed entity of pure magical power unlike any other. Even to the most amateurish of magi, the implications of a presence like this were very clear. And for anyone taking part in this ritual known as Heaven's Feel, the sudden sensation caused by what appeared from the shadows... could only be one thing.

Varying shades of blue that melted into the shadows of the chamber, contrasting the billowing flame. Eastern clothing that was ancient even by the standards of the temple they were in. Golden eyes that stared at Xander, unflinching and with almost bestial power inside them. It was as if a storm had taken a humanoid form, and now appeared from thin air, materialized by prana taking on a human form.

The man now standing in the light of the fire could only be one thing:

------------- A Servant.

And that Servant was announced by a smile on Sourokurou's face that could have sent a chill down anyone's spine.

"Rejoice, young man. Your wish will finally come true," she spoke, like a bell announcing fates.

Anna Bernhart
    Phase: Day 2/3
    Time: 15:01

"I guess they don't really get it. Ah, well. Maybe the Bishop will. If he doesn't, I still have this letter on me... probably. I hope I didn't forget it."

Anna wrote down her phone number in the pink notebook. "This is a pretty cute book!" She commented on it before handing it back to Chelsea. She offered to write it down for Rain as well, and did it even if he considered that to be redundant - it kind of made her feel like a celebrity, so she was strangely entertained by the act.

"There's this cake shop I wanna hit with a fellow girl! Torque never goes anywhere with me..."
    "Of course, Chelsea! Any time. Just give me a call. Though, I won't keep you away from work any longer. I should go get settled in, too," She shivers. "Ahaha, I hope it's warmer in the houses or I'll probably die!"

Anna waved her farewells and left.

There was a lot of work to do past just unloading her things. She took a piece of paper out of her pocket, and there, with her pretty handwriting, was scribbled an address. Getting to it by going through unfamiliar streets would be a little difficult, but nothing to really worry about. Anna will probably find it... eventually.

The preparations would probably eat up the rest of the day. How unfortunate. It could have been a fun day, since, after all, Tengetsu was an entirely new place she has never been to before. New places to see, new people to meet, new things to discover...

But if such was His will, who was she to disobey?

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:55

I listened carefully to Sourokuro-san's explanation. It was full of info that the letter didn't have. However, I wasn't happy about being unable to avoid fighting in this War. I came here to watch this shrine for the DHO and to see everyone hear again. I was going to resign from the war as soon as I could. Must I fight?

"...I don't like this. I don't like this ceremony. Even if it's for a wish, I don't think killing people is worth a wish."

I resolve myself before I commit myself to saying my next words.

"If I have to enter this Holy Grail War, then I'm not going to enter to win. I'm going to enter this to stop people from killing... I know this is foolish, but I can't accept this."

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 20:00

So all that was required was my capacity to win and my will to fight. To be worthy of this wish, I must prove myself the greatest by trampling all others beneath me, discarding their hopes and dreams for the sake of my own. That is cruel. That is unpleasant.

And I have done so before.

Heh; this really is a contest of magi.

"In short, the only ones qualified to obtain the Mocking Grail are those who have Servants. When there is only one of you left, the Mocking Grail should naturally appear in front of you. So, do not fret. You will know exactly where to go when the time is right."
    The location is only revealed to the winner, then? That makes a fair bit of sense, actually; it stops remaining Masters from ambushing you as the number of Servants begins to fall.

"If that is all, then I shall say one more thing to you, young Master. As you leave, you shall take the route that runs behind this shrine. That way, you are able to avoid anyone who might come up the mountain the same way as you previously did. We cannot have Masters do battle before the war has been declared to have officially begun, can we?"
    Whew, that’s a relief. I’d hate to be attacked by someone on my way back, or controlled, or spied on, or...

"You shall have yourself a guide to show you the right path. However, he will merely guard you till the foot of the mountain. After that, young Master... you are on your own. Now then... I will leave him up to you..."
    A guard? Will it be someone like Izumi? Another servant of the Shrine?

”...Ruler.”
    The air is too hard to breathe.

The presence that was once bearable is now crushing; it takes all I have to even stand, let alone raise my head. The very earth is shaking, and the polished wood of the floor shimmers into a haze. No, that is incorrect.

It is my consciousness that is beginning to fail.

I clench my fist, feeling my fingernails stab my palms until they almost bleed, and raise my head.

Ancient garb of shadowy blue, like a stormy midnight sky. Prana so intense that it surpasses the World and bends its will, and an indomitable presence incomparable to all. Piercing golden eyes that scour my soul without a hint of hesitation.

This is a Servant; a being that soon I will chain to my side and be chained in kind.

And Sourokuro smiles with a feral grin colder than the sweat seeping down my spine.

"Rejoice, young man. Your wish will finally come true."
    With a gulp, I step forward toward the door to the back route, and head toward my base.

In mere moments, I will make my true first step.

-----END
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; February 21st, 2015 at 11:04 AM.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 16:20

“Seems I might have more on my hands than eight Masters to deal with while I’m here. Just like you, I don’t like it.” Agreeing with the older man Kirame took the letters, returning them to his pocket. Standing up from the floor Kirame turned stared down to the mayor. “I appreciate the warning, Kaneyama, but it wasn’t needed. Since I came here I have no choice but to keep my eyes open. One more unknown piled on top of the enemies I have to kill changes little.”

“I’ve done what I came here for, so I’ll be going now,” He gave the lord of the house half of a smile, the right side of his mouth hooking upwards in a cocky, but friendly way. For the first time since he had arrived the look on his face drew out the unique charm that was his own, the half-grin solidifying and complimenting the natural handsomeness he was born with. “I’ll stop by again sometime. I like it here.”

Casually inviting himself back for another visit, Kirame turned his smile to the garden behind the mayor before turning his back to the mayor.

“I’ll see myself out.” Sliding the door he had entered from open, Kirame looked over his shoulder one last time. Messy, naturally spiky hair fell over his left eye as tilted his head toward Kaneyama. “I’ll come around supper next time, feel free to treat me.”

Leaving the room without hearing or waiting for the mayor’s answer Kirame made his way out of the manor, retracing the steps he had taken following Munechika, and set off back toward his lodging in the Old Town.

Francis York Morgan(?)
    Time: 15:15
    Day: January 12t
    h

I stepped out of the cab smoothly, followed the necessary arrangements and courtesies, and stepped out into the frosty northern air, drawing the jacket in around me. It'd been quite a while since I'd been here last, and I hadn't enjoyed the weather much then, either. But, business was business, no time to waste time complaining about the weather, places to go, people to see.

I turned to survey the building with a critical eye, certainly put up the front of Law and Order, if a bit hardline, but it wasn't my place to judge, sometimes you can get a lot done with just a stern look.

After the cab drove off, I was alone on the street, no lingering loiterers or otherwise people walking around, made everything a bit spooky, city's should have life and vibrancy, this part of town seemed more like a corpse that was still twitching.

As I completed my observation, I amended my early statement, I was not alone on the street at all, over towards the entrance, an auburn-haired young lady stood watching sharply in one direction, attention razor-sharp.

In that particular direction, that is, from the look of it, she hadn't even noticed my crunching footsteps in the snow. Although, I supposed I was particularly light-footed.

Helps with the whole government agent thing, you know.

I approached steadily, over-hearing her muttering to herself, "Now where is that man? I wonder if I should have headed out to the airport after all..."

Man, airport, presumably a bit tardy.

Perhaps it was just a coincidence, but I felt a bit awkward, was never very good to keep a lady waiting. And I spoke from, well, kind-of-experience.

I cleared my throat, "Er, looking for someone? If that someone is someone named "Francis York Morgan", then you're probably looking for me."

Blog Entries
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:57

"...I don't like this. I don't like this ceremony. Even if it's for a wish, I don't think killing people is worth a wish. If I have to enter this Holy Grail War, then I'm not going to enter to win. I'm going to enter this to stop people from killing... I know this is foolish, but I can't accept this."
    "You will kill each other."

There was no hesitation in Sourokurou's words. Standing there in the light of the flames, having spoken her judgment, it was like she had announced the end already. She did not doubt or waver even a single bit as she answered, clearly issuing that whatever Kiyoko's own goal, whatever Kiyoko's own mind-set, the only possible end for this ritual known as Heaven's Moon would be...

------ Slaughter.

"Even if you think you have found a way around the true meaning of this ritual, it is not so simple to escape. Indeed, the Mocking Grail in this town is in spirit form. It is not something with form, so it is something that must be called forth by a specialized ritual. In other words, it has to be materialized. As the chosen individuals, Masters can call for the Mocking Grail, but since it is in spirit form... only Servants are able to reach it," Sourokurou said, before laughing in a way that could be only described as mocking. "Naturally, this means that at the very least, you do not have to eliminate anything other but the Servants of your opponents... but as boring as it may be, let me ask you, Miyamoto Kiyoko: Do you think you can beat a Servant? Do you think you are superior to a Servant?"

Her lips curved into a smile that reflected the dance of the flames.

"No... right? Servants are hard to defeat even with a Servant. Thus, the simple solution is right in front of you. Servants can only exist with a Master. No matter how powerful the Servant is, the Servant will disappear if the Master dies," Sourokurou continued. "Any Master worth their salt will realize this. And thus, they will be coming after you... not stopping until you, Miyamoto-san, or they themselves, are destroyed."

Sourokurou's eyes looked up towards the ceiling, their dark surface reflecting the shadows.

"In other words, no matter what your intention... it shall be 'kill or be killed'. Unfortunately, you do not have a choice in this," she plainly informed the younger girl.

Time: 15:17

"Er, looking for someone? If that someone is someone named "Francis York Morgan", then you're probably looking for me."
    "Hu-Gyaaah!"

Apparently the sudden sound behind her was too unexpected, as the auburn-haired young woman spun around, hands thrown into odd martial arts(?) pose while her feet backpedaled quite furiously. Her face was a veritable mask of shock, her pink eyes having widened to their limits. For a moment, both she and Morgan could only stare at each other, the only sound accompanying them being the softly howling wind that only made the situation more awkward.

Perhaps even the girl realized this, as after a moment of silence, her face broke into a smile, and she began to giggle uncontrollably.

"M-my goodness you startled me!" the girl managed to say between her laughing fit. "I thought I was being approached by some sort of stalker!"

It took a moment for the auburn-haired girl to calm herself down. After all, she seemed to be the cheerful sort, and the odd relaxation of the atmosphere from awkward to hilarious had to happen in some way. However, once she had managed to steady her breathing and suspend the bouts of giggles that still seemed to threaten to come through, the young woman turned her attention to Morgan.

"Francis York Morgan, right? Welcome to Tengetsu Police Department, then!" She said with a smile, gesturing York to follow after her. I am Amber Farfield, and Meiji asked me to guide you to his office when you arrived."

And Amber did just as asked. She led York up the stairs to the third floor of the office, where most of the officers seemed to be in the middle of work. People hurrying up and down the corridors, shouting about paperwork which had not been completed, tired pleads for someone to finally refill the coffee machine (Amber looked rather guilty when she heard these)... it was the usual hustle and bustle of a police station on a busy day. Nimbly, Amber made her way through the crowds, eventually leading York straight to a door on the far end of the main room that read "Commissioner."

"Chief! I brought your guest~," Amber announced as she slammed the door open without even knocking.

Behind it, Myoujingata Meiji had been in the process of going through some rather official looking documents. Along with them was a collection of pictures on the table. These pictures seemed to depict a rather... unfortunate corpse, which was missing some vital parts of it. Therefore, it was no surprise that the police commissioner had a frown on his face as they entered the room.

... Though, after seeing York, that frown turned into a tired smile.

"York? Oh, come on in!" Meiji said, rising up from his chair. "Now ain't this a sight for the sore eyes?"
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 21st, 2015 at 07:51 AM.

Francis York(?) Morgan
    Time: 15:17

The girl let out some sort of Bruce Lee-style kung fu yelp of alarm and spun around looking like she was about to Crane Kick me in the side of the head.

We both kind of stood there for a moment, the wind letting out a low howl as it blew past, I tilted my head to the side slightly, waiting for the answer to my question.

After a brief pause, the initial shock faded, and she giggled to herself, smiling in embarrassment, "M-my goodness you startled me! I thought I was being approached by some sort of stalker!"

Well, given my activites in the past, calling me 'some sort of stalker' might be accurate in some sense of the word.

Probably not what she wants to hear right this moment, however.

"Francis York Morgan, right? Welcome to Tengetsu Police Department, then! I am Amber Farfield, and Meiji asked me to guide you to his office when you arrived."

She gestured briskly, and we moved into the building with calm efficiency, climbing the stairs to the third floor, in some state of chaos not out of place in a police procedural, papers flying around, coffee machine empty, hustle and bustle.

Gotta say, despite the exterior putting on a doom 'n gloom face, they seem pretty lively.

We moved smoothly through the chaotic floor, and I was eventually lead down a hall to a stately wooden door titled simply 'Commissioner'.

Must be the place.

"Chief! I brought your guest~"

Amber abruptly slammed through the door with no warning or cease in her stride, she was a lady on a mission, remarkably single-minded, I've started to note.

Inside the room, a familiar-looking man stood frowning over a table, on the surface of the table were a series of pictures, from what I could tell as I approached, they were of the victim, lacerations, parts removed, mutilated, looked pretty bad.

As I approached, his eyes flicked upward and his frown twisted into a tired-looking smile, "York? Oh, come on in! Now ain't this a sight for the sore eyes?"

In the back of my mind, I felt awkward, but I pressed on anyway, drawing from memories that weren't mine with a lazy grin, "It's been too long, Meiji, still enjoying life on an iceberg?"

I offered a hand, "Sorry if I'm a bit late, like to get everything nice and squared away, keeps me focused on what's important."

Blog Entries
    Time: 15:19

"It's been too long, Meiji, still enjoying life on an iceberg? Sorry if I'm a bit late, like to get everything nice and squared away, keeps me focused on what's important."
    Meiji took the offered hand and shook it briskly, but with clear familiarity. It was not an official-type of a handshake, but more akin to old friends who once again met after many years. After they had thus reintroduced themselves, Meiji sent Amber to get some coffee for both of them. He also gestured York to sit down, while leaning back on his own quite luxurious leather chair. While York kept talking, Meiji took this chance to pick up his pipe and fill it with tobacco, preparing it for smoking.

"I know the feeling," Meiji said as he lit up the old-looking pipe. "I know I can barely focus on work if I know I left something undone back home. Switching gears is making sure you do not have to divide your focus between any two things, huh?"

Then, with a grin, he added.

"As for what comes to 'this iceberg'... Well, it's your own fault, York. You never visit us during the summer," he said and chuckled. "Surprising as it is, that season exists here, too."

As the two of them continued to talk, Amber eventually returned with two cups and a whole thermos of coffee. Humming a happy little tune to herself, she began pouring the coffee on the cups she put in front of the police commissioner and York. Meiji thanked her with a wordless, nod, before turning his attention back to the man in front of him.

"I got your message that you were coming here, and I prepared what you asked, but... you never went to any detail as to what's going on," he said, looking a bit more serious. "Is there something going on that I should know about?"

Francis York(?) Morgan
    Time: 15:19

We shook hands like old friends, firm, but with a jocular familiarity that spoke of a good relationship, after the brief introductions, we chatted a bit, catching up, Amber, apparently his assistant, was sent out for coffee(!), and we sat down to discuss in further detail.

Meiji filled up an old, well-used pipe and filled it, lighting it with a smooth motion that spoke of a long habit, though not to the point of addiction, "I know the feeling, I know I can barely focus on work if I know I left something undone back home. Switching gears is making sure you do not have to divide your focus between any two things, huh?"

"As for what comes to 'this iceberg'... Well, it's your own fault, York. You never visit us during the summer," he said and chuckled. "Surprising as it is, that season exists here, too."

"That so? Hm, well I'll be sure to bring my suntan lotion next time I'm in the area."

We bantered on for a bit, and I gradually familiarized myself with the man, Amber entered a short while later with a fresh cup of coffee(!) and we got down to business.

I picked up a convienient mug and, with a nod of thanks, promptly began guzzling away.

Hm, nutty, and a bit thick, too, nice flavor, clearly natural ingredients, no way this is instant, just the right amount of bitter.

Damn good.

As I luxuriated in my caffeinated euphoria, Meiji turned to me with a serious air, "I got your message that you were coming here, and I prepared what you asked, but... you never went to any detail as to what's going on. Is there something going on that I should know about?"

I sipped slowly at the coffee, looking at Amber, "This really is some damn good coffee, pretty good reason for coming around more often, I'd say," I turned to face Meiji, "Yeah, I've called in a few favors, and I suppose you need to know some of what's going on."

I paused for a moment, frowning into the mug, how should I put this in order to properly get across my point.

"There's going to be something of a gathering in the area, people of various nations, religions and opinions assembling here for some sort of, ah, meeting, you could say, some of them are pretty rough characters, so I got sent over here to keep an eye on things, my people have a bit of stake in their shin-dig too, so they sent me over here to try and ferret out what's the deal."

I shrugged, sipping more coffee, "Sorry if I'm playing the cards a bit close to my chest," I said, honestly, "It is your town and all, but if you've got any information on recent arrivals who might have any sort of property or stake in the area, I'd appreciate it. I'll answer any questions you've got, privately."

Blog Entries
    Time: 15:22

"There's going to be something of a gathering in the area, people of various nations, religions and opinions assembling here for some sort of, ah, meeting, you could say, some of them are pretty rough characters, so I got sent over here to keep an eye on things, my people have a bit of stake in their shin-dig too, so they sent me over here to try and ferret out what's the deal. Sorry if I'm playing the cards a bit close to my chest. It is your town and all, but if you've got any information on recent arrivals who might have any sort of property or stake in the area, I'd appreciate it. I'll answer any questions you've got, privately."
    For a moment, Meiji looked like he was about to drop his cup of coffee, staring at York with disbelief in his eyes. Then, with clear realization shining in his eyes, his face turned into a troubled frown as he put his cup down on the table and grabbed a hold of his pipe. Even Amber, who had been simply loitering after pouring the coffee, looked like she understood what was going on, at least to some extent.

"Chief, could it be that the problems from few days ago...?" Amber asked, biting her thumb. Meiji nodded sternly.

"Most likely. It would explain a great deal," he said, finally turning his attention back to York. "Just a few days ago, we experienced some... information problems here at the station. Something... or someone, broke in and deleted all the copies we had of property bought in Tengetsu during the last few months. At first it made no sense, but if what you say is true, then... I suppose things are beginning to clear up. Somebody didn't want the participants of this 'gathering' to be tracked down by police means."

Meiji took a drag off of his pipe and blew out a cloud of smoke, leaning back on his chair. He stared at the ceiling with a hard look in his eyes.

"What troubles me the most is that someone managed to sneak into this place to do that despite me... personally making sure that it wouldn't be that easy. Looks like whoever was responsible was a professional," he said, before looking back at York. "Still, I suppose it's not all bad. After all, I cannot think of a better man they could have sent help deal with this sort of situation. Though speaking of which... Ms. Farfield, could you leave us for a moment? I suppose we need to go over some details."

"Aw, boo~" Amber made a momentary sulking face, before giggling and winking at the two. "Oh, of course. Just call me if you need more coffee."

And with that, the auburn-haired officer left, leaving the two men alone in the office.

Francis York(?) Morgan
    Time: 15:22

After I finished my little spiel, Meiji looked like I'd just about punched him in the gut, disbelief twisted his face, then was smoothed by clear realization, spiraling into a troubled frown as he considered what I'd said, even Amber looked like she had some idea what we were talking about.

"Chief, could it be that the problems from a few days ago...?" Amber asked, biting her thumb.

I raised my eyebrows slightly, feeling a turn coming, of course it couldn't be that easy to just trace a couple of yahoos to their rundown shacks in the woods or wherever. It never was.

Meiji nodded, looking serious, "Most likely. It would explain a great deal. Just a few days ago, we experienced some... information problems here at the station. Something... or someone, broke in and deleted all the copies we had of property bought in Tengetsu during the last few months. At first it made no sense, but if what you say is true, then... I suppose things are beginning to clear up. Somebody didn't want the participants of this 'gathering' to be tracked down by police means."

I hummed in thought, filing that away for future reference, someone's covering up for the Masters, huh? Well, judging by the dossier on Grail Wars I skimmed through, might be the supervisor, or could be something else. Still, something to think about.

Meiji let out a long puff of smoke as he leaned back in his leather armchair and stared at the ceiling, "What troubles me the most is that someone managed to sneak into this place to do that despite me... personally making sure that it wouldn't be that easy. Looks like whoever was responsible was a professional," he said, before looking back at me.

"Still, I suppose it's not all bad. After all, I cannot think of a better man they could have sent help deal with this sort of situation. Though speaking of which... Ms. Farfield, could you leave us for a moment? I suppose we need to go over some details."

"Aw, boo~" Amber made a momentary sulking face, before giggling and winking at the two of us. "Oh, of course. Just call me if you need more coffee."

Then she left, the door closing behind her, "Well, she certainly enjoys her job, but I suppose it's pretty clear what this whole gathering is by now, and I suppose it's easier to say 'a couple of rough characters of varying backgrounds' then say, 'various individuals of varying magical power who are going to summon ancient spirits of legend to do battle for a Holy Grail'."

I set the now sadly empty mug down on a coaster, "My organization wants me to observe the phenomenon and, if possible, retrieve the Grail proper and bring it back for safekeeping, after which we'll probably throw it in a warehouse where it'll be 'studied' by 'top men', y'know, like the Ark of the Covenant."

Granted, that last one was half office joke, half serious rumor, but some people swore up and down we got it from some gonzo shenanigans with a bunch of Nazis back in the 30s.

I spread my hands, "Now that I've put some of my cards on the table as an opening statement, anything else you're interested in?"

Blog Entries
    Time: 15:25

"Now that I've put some of my cards on the table as an opening statement, anything else you're interested in?"
    Meiji nodded, tapping some ash off of his pipe to the ashtray that was waiting on his desk.

"To be honest, what mostly interests me are the details," Meiji said, now leaning forward and lowering his voice slightly. "I've lived on this island my whole life, but I cannot say I've ever heard of Holy Grail being hidden here. Frankly, it sounds ludicrous... but if a group of magi are here to fight for it, I suppose I cannot discount the truth of it. God knows magi do things for the strangest of reasons, and the results are the only thing that really matter... After all, this sounds like something that would put the citizens in danger."

After saying that, Meiji once more scratched another matchstick and lit his pipe again. He looked at York with studious eyes, though there was no actual suspicion in them. Mostly it seemed that he was trying to gauge York's personal opinion on this whole supposed "battle", as opposed to simply his organization's interest.

"If something like that truly exists on this island, I do not mind it being locked away in some warehouse far away from here. An old relic like that would just put our whole island in danger eventually again," Meiji said. "That being said, my number one priority will be keeping the people safe, as you can probably imagine. If this is an actual 'battle', then I can imagine there will be collateral damage... as is the case with magi. I hope that you agree with this sentiment, York."

Then, with a slightly worrying expression, Meiji continued, this time with much more personal tone.

"... And what about you? Do you have a plan? This whole thing sounds like something that could get you killed," he asked.

Francis York(?) Morgan
    Time: 15:25

As I opened the floor for Meiji's own questions, he nodded, leaning forward, "To be honest, what mostly interests me are the details. I've lived on this island my whole life, but I cannot say I've ever heard of Holy Grail being hidden here. Frankly, it sounds ludicrous... but if a group of magi are here to fight for it, I suppose I cannot discount the truth of it. God knows magi do things for the strangest of reasons, and the results are the only thing that really matter... After all, this sounds like something that would put the citizens in danger."

I frowned, nodding slightly, collateral damage, a logical concern for a man in his position, his nominal duty is to Protect and Serve, ancient spiritual superbeings kind of make that a bit difficult, I twisted my mouth a bit in distaste at the reminder of the typical magi 'ends justify means' outlook, it was not true for all of them, but some...

Even the Giant's Pit was not removed from that train of thought, it lead to all sorts of bad road.

Well, I certainly agreed that if deaths were going to happen, which was very probable, to minimize the amount of civilian casualties is something I am mostly certainly on-board with.

"If something like that truly exists on this island, I do not mind it being locked away in some warehouse far away from here. An old relic like that would just put our whole island in danger eventually again," Meiji said. "That being said, my number one priority will be keeping the people safe, as you can probably imagine. If this is an actual 'battle', then I can imagine there will be collateral damage... as is the case with magi. I hope that you agree with this sentiment, York."

I nodded seriously.

He looked a bit worried for a moment, and then he went on, speaking more as a friend, then as the head of police, "... And what about you? Do you have a plan? This whole thing sounds like something that could get you killed."

I smiled wryly, "It is certainly probably one of the more lethal things I could do in my life, yes, and, well, to be honest, I've got about 20% of a plan, it's not much, but with as little information as I have on my opponents and even my own resources..." I shrugged, "Don't really have much to work with, but I'm neck-deep in it now, and besides, someone's gotta look out for the little guy, huh?"

Silence hung in the air.

"I do appreciate your concern, though, really." I said, quietly.