Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Moon White Redux (RP)

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:57
    Day: January 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Sourokurou
    The second that Sourokurou-san said these words, I knew that she honestly believed that we would end up killing each other. Even if I tried to stop them, others would still kill.

Then Sourokurou-san explained why it would end in bloodshed. If a human cannot match a servant in combat, then you kill the master supporting the servant. Namely, that would be me and the eight others involved with this are the first to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourokurou
    In other words, no matter what your intention... it shall be 'kill or be killed'. Unfortunately, you do not have a choice in this.
    "...There's no way to avoid killing anything in this war is there? Even if I decide to end the war by defeating the servants, I would have to kill them to win wouldn't I?"

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Phase: Day 3/3
    Time: 15:27

"I do appreciate your concern, though, really."
    "Don't mention it," Meiji with a hint of a grin. "You did help me in the past, and though things did not... go as we wished they would, that was out of our hands anyhow. I say I still owe you at least one."

Fiddling with his pipe, the police commissioner brought a finger to his chin, gazing outside the window. There, beyond the glass surface, was the snowy scenery of the small yet modern city, growing like a whole new type of flower on the ancient soil of Tengetsu. And in there, somewhere, were other Masters ready to wage war against York.

"... I'll throw out a net, see if I can catch anything," Meiji suddenly said, still staring out of the window. "If some more... unnatural guests have arrived on the island, they must have left some sort of trail of their arrival. It could take some time, but I might be able to fish out some identities. And once we have those, we should be able to find where they're hiding. That should give you some advantage."

With a smile, Meiji turned his attention back to York.

"I've also got another old acquaintance coming to meet me later," he said. "She's quite adept at finding people, so unless she's busy, I could try asking her for a favor."

Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:59

"...There's no way to avoid killing anything in this war is there? Even if I decide to end the war by defeating the servants, I would have to kill them to win wouldn't I?"

"Exactly," Sourokurou's answer was short and blunt. That was because there was no way around that simple truth.

"That is the only way the hands worthy of touching the Mocking Grail are found," she added after a moment, still staring at the flames. "After all, it is a wish with no limit. A dream that you can make reality through the power of the Grail... it could not accept anything less."

Francis York(?) Morgan
    Time: 15:27

Meiji floated a ghost of a smile across his face, "Don't mention it, you did help me in the past, and though things did not... go as we wished they would, that was out of our hands anyhow. I say I still owe you at least one."

He fiddled with his pipe lightly, gazing out the window as he did so, I followed suit, out there were a bunch of potential enemies, people, monsters, monsters who just looked like people, I sighed, this was certainly a situation I'd gotten myself into. Then Meiji spoke up suddenly.

"... I'll throw out a net, see if I can catch anything. If some more... unnatural guests have arrived on the island, they must have left some sort of trail of their arrival. It could take some time, but I might be able to fish out some identities. And once we have those, we should be able to find where they're hiding. That should give you some advantage."

He turned to me with a more obvious smile, and I answered it.

He went on with, "I've also got another old acquaintance coming to meet me later," he said. "She's quite adept at finding people, so unless she's busy, I could try asking her for a favor."

I scratched my head, "If you feel like ya gotta go that far, sure. So long as it doesn't push too hard into what you're already doing," I nodded at the photos on the table, "Heck, gimme her name and I'll look her up myself."

I stretched lightly.

Blog Entries
    Time: 15:29

"If you feel like ya gotta go that far, sure. So long as it doesn't push too hard into what you're already doing. Heck, gimme her name and I'll look her up myself."
    Meiji grunted in light amusement.

"It's the least I can do," he said. "Though I'll try to steer clear of personal involvement. I'm not in any hurry to get in the way of... what did you say, legendary beings? In any case, it doesn't not sound like a place I'd like to be in."

He finally put his pipe aside, having noticed that the bowl had once again simmered down.

"In any event, her name is Hildebrandt. If she actually shows up, I'll see if I can arrange a meeting between you two," Meiji said, before chuckling to himself. "Maybe, instead of just help on your mission, you might actually get some developments in your love life."

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 18:59

There really is no avoiding this. To stay longer would potentially place myself in contact with another master. I don't want to fight another person if I can help it especially someone still living in this world. I could accept passing on evil spirits to the afterlife forcefully, because they're a shadow of themselves. A person's spirit fractured till all that remained was anger, resentment, and hate. However, every person living has some good in them, and I can't find it within myself to hurt that good.

"...I think I'll take my leave now Sourokurou-san. Please enjoy the sweets that I've brought for you and Onii-san."

Francis York(?) Morgan
    Time: 15:29

Meiji let out a light snort of amusement, "It's the least I can do. Though I'll try to steer clear of personal involvement. I'm not in any hurry to get in the way of... what did you say, legendary beings? In any case, it doesn't not sound like a place I'd like to be in."

He put his pipe aside for a moment and turned to face me fully, a hint of slyness in his face.

"In any event, her name is Hildebrandt. If she actually shows up, I'll see if I can arrange a meeting between you two. Maybe, instead of just help on your mission, you might actually get some developments in your love life."

"Bah," I complained, "What are you, my mother? Next you'll be telling me to settle down with a nice girl and raise a family," I chuckled, "Anyway, Hildebrandt, huh? Bit of a distinctive name, I'll see if I can look her up and we can go on a hot date or something so you'll get off my back."

I checked my watch, "Hm, would ask if you're free for lunch, but looked like you were in the middle of something, so I'll get out of your hair and go scrounge up some grub."

Blog Entries
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 19:01

"...I think I'll take my leave now Sourokurou-san. Please enjoy the sweets that I've brought for you and Onii-san."
    "Oh? Sweets? That's thoughtful of you as always, Kiyoko-chan~"

A humored male voice called out to the girl from the shadows, were the music had previously echoed from. A twisting, turning wind blew through the chamber, making the flames momentarily flicker. Suddenly, the pressure of a new presence could be felt within the room, as well as the swirling of pure magical energy as something took physical form. Blue particles momentarily shone in the air, before condensing into a singular spot, making way for the appearance of whatever had been waiting for the two finish their conversation.

... And for Kiyoko, it was a familiar sight. One from many years ago, when she had been but a child.

A man in ancient looking clothes, clearly of eastern origin. The familiar smell of salty sea water. The storm-like appearance and the wild golden eyes, crowned with a grin that could almost be counted as bestial... if it wasn't considerably warmer as it fell upon Kiyoko. The swishing of silk and the clanking of metal could be heard as this tall spiritual presence walked forth from the shadows, revealing itself completely.

... There was no doubt about it. It was a Servant. And more importantly than that, it was the true form of the being that Kiyoko had met so long ago in this very same temple... the one she called "Onii-chan."

"Ruler," Sourokurou acknowledged the Servant who had appeared. "Take Miyamoto-san down the path behind the shrine. She should not meet the Master making his way here that way."

"Gotcha, Mochizuki," Ruler said, before shooting a grin at Kiyoko. "You coming, Kiyoko-chan? I could use some sweets and good company after playing music a whole day for that harpy. We can talk as we walk."

Making a gesture that they should leave, Ruler took the front and begun leading the two of them out of the chamber, heading to a different door than the one Kiyoko had used when she had arrived. Watching their receding backs, Sourokurou smiled in the darkness of the dancing flames, a smile that seemed far too fitting for her otherwise unreadable expression.

"------ Rejoice, girl. Your wish will finally come true."

And with that, both Kiyoko and Ruler left the chamber.

Time: 15:31

"Hm, would ask if you're free for lunch, but looked like you were in the middle of something, so I'll get out of your hair and go scrounge up some grub."
    Meiji laughed.

"You go do that. After all, you do have a long journey just behind you. Get some food and settle in, I don't think this battle of yours will start within the very next hour, at least," he said with a grin on his face. "If you want, try the grill down foreign district. I hear they're got excellent steaks over there, or so Amber tells me."

As York was making his leave, Meiji turned his attention back to the papers in front of him. However, before he managed to get out, he said one more thing.

"Pop by tomorrow to see if I have found out anything," he said with a smile. "I'll see if I can't scrounge up some leads by then."

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Time: 15:35
    Day: January 12
    th

“I’ll keep that warning in mind. And Setsuko-nee, huh? I’m sure I can haggle something out of her.” Honestly, maybe my family really is one-note after all. Everyone’s a doctor, fancy that. Maybe I should have pursued some other field… But then again, you do what you’re good at and makes you happy, I suppose. I can’t blame my family for wanting to help others, right? That would just be wrong.

I take Sensei’s number and stick into a pocket. I can put in on my cell later, and besides, he looks a bit grumpy. I guess I’m not enough to cheer him up all that much, even with all the mixed news. He was always like this back when I was a kid, now that I think about it… Maybe he’s just one of those types that run hot and cold…

"... The graveyard's southern edge, just few kilometers from here, is well-suited area. It's somewhat unguarded, though, so be careful."
    “I’ll be fine. Good luck to you, Sensei.”

It sounds pretty confident, but mostly because I don’t think anyone has the audacity to summon in a graveyard other than, well, myself. I could always get inside the RV to do so, but graveyards are very unsociable places. Not many magi would decide to summon in one—too much pride at stake. But me? I’m a doctor. I’ve seen my fair share of… lost causes.

With a sigh I leave the clinic and get back into the RV. I take a look at the map and there it is. The graveyard. It’ll be really suspicious if I go there right away, so I’ll just go get myself a meal from a diner in the city or something before I go back there. There’s still plenty of daylight to kill, even with all the preparations I have to do.

Phase: Night
    Time: 22:48

It’s dark. And here I am, with my RV parked on the wayside, sitting in the middle of the graveyard, preparing to summon one of humanity’s greatest heroes. It’s... almost unimaginable that I’m in this position. Am I really ready to do so? Is this really something I’m capable of doing? These Command Seals were transferred to me, after all...

I slit my left arm with a scalpel, straight down for more blood. And I draw the circle, enriched in the scarlet liquid of life. The RV is too small to summon, so I do it here, in this patch of dirt and grass, lying next to these many tombstones in the dark. Caution thrown to the wind, really. But I can do this fast and leave as soon as possible.

The circle takes a bit too much for my liking, and I strain to focus on sealing the wound.

“The head, the arms, the legs, the body, the heart. Five parts, one whole. Let this be restored to the state of perfection once more.”

I trace out the star with my hand, five points. And the wound on my arm is mended. I feel a lot less dizzy too... I think some blood is restored. I’ll be fine.

I take a deep breath and place my catalyst, a blackened fingerbone inherited from my grandfather, the same catalyst he used to summon his Servant, into the circle.

And then I chant. All or nothing now.

Ye first, O silver, O iron. O stone of the foundation, O Archduke of the Contract.
    Hear me in the name of my great teacher, Ascelpius.
    Let the descending winds be as a wall.
    Let the gates in all directions be shut, rising above the crown, and let the three-forked roads to the Kingdom revolve.”

Prana flows outward like a river, swirling like a whirlpool, draining into the circle, trying to make a connection. I can feel it leak throughout all of my circuits, one steady, continuous flow.

Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.

Five perfections for each repetition. And now, let the filled sigils be annihilated in my stead.”

I look at the pentagram etched into the circles. Five points, resembling perfection.

“— I announce.
    Let thy body rest under my dominion, let my fate rest in thy blade.
    If thou submitteth to the call of our ritual, and if thou wilt obey this mind, this reason, then thou shalt respond!
    —I make my oath here.
    I am the person who is to become the virtue of all Heaven.
    I am that person who is covered with the evil of all Hades.
    Thou seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words, come past thy restraining rings! Guardian of the Heavenly Scales—!”

And in that moment, I pray.

Last edited by Katie; February 21st, 2015 at 06:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Phase Day 3/3
    Time: 19:01

"Oh? Sweets? That's thoughtful of you as always, Kiyoko-chan~"
    "Onii-san?"

I turned around to greet the man who I used to call Onii-chan when I was younger. However, I was surprised when I saw him. While Onii-san was always one to wear older looking clothes, his clothes were now an ancient eastern clothes. Something about his clothes... made him seem bigger than life. That's when I realized, Onii-san was a Servant and judging by Sourokurou-san's use of the title Ruler. He was Servant Ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler-Onii-san
    "You coming, Kiyoko-chan? I could use some sweets and good company after playing music a whole day for that harpy. We can talk as we walk."
    "I would love to Ruler-Onii-san!"

We left through a different door than the one I entered, and I talked to Ruler-Oniisan about the past couple of years. How we've been, what I've been up, and reminiscing about ten years ago.

Time: 21:30

Despite my distaste for this war, I can't do anything if I don't summon a servant. So I took out my catalyst, an old faded but well-preserved parchment, and placed it into the summoning circle. I did a kagura dance of fortune asking the gods for their blessings before I start the chant for summoning my servant.

Ye first, O silver, O iron. O stone of the foundation, O Archduke of the Contract.
    Hear me in the name of my great teacher, Asakami.
    Let the gates in all directions be shut, rising above the crown, and let the three-forked roads to the Kingdom revolve.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.

Five perfections for each repetition. And now, let the filled sigils be annihilated in my stead.
    — I announce.
    It thou submitteth to the call of our ritual, and if thou wilt obey this mind, this reason, then thou shalt respond!
    —I make my oath here.
    Thou seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words, come past thy restraining rings! Guardian of the Heavenly Scales—!

I was blinded by the light as I finished the summoning ritual.
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; February 21st, 2015 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Adding Ruler Scene

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Phase: Night 1/2
    Time: 20:41

The door slams shut behind me, and I shamble upstairs to my room and crumple onto my bed.

Without a doubt, that was the tensest walk I have ever had. Still, I need to get up at some point. Clapping my hands to my cheeks, I stand up and open one of my two suitcases. Inside are the basic materials I need for my mother’s spell; however, they will be used for a different occasion today.

I pull out a syringe and tourniquet and begin my work.

~~~~~~~~~~

I stand in the living room, a bowl in my hand filled with blood. The dull scratching of my feet on the floorboards and my finger tracing crimson circles and glyphs onto the carpetless wood mixes with shuddering breaths, shaking the dusty air. The lights are on their lowest setting; while I have little need of illumination, this is a ceremony I cannot afford to fail.

With a final drop, I finish the circle, and place my catalyst in its center---

A single arrowhead stained blood-red.

Are the sigils correct? No, they have to be; this is the tenth time that I’ve checked them. I can’t afford to dally any longer. A single step brings me to the edge of the circle.

I raise my right arm, palm outstretched toward the circle’s center.

Prana circles and flows as if it had never stopped, joining the blood in my body and air in my lungs.

Hear me in the name of my great teacher, Stone.

This is a step I cannot take back.

This act is no mountain of devotion to be scaled.

Let the gates in all directions be shut, rising above the crown, and let the three-forked roads to the Kingdom revolve.

It is a chasm of despair I dove into in a mad quest.

Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.

I am risking my life in something that I do not understand, for something that is not guaranteed.

Five perfections for each repetition. And now, let the filled sigils be annihilated in my stead.

Within mere seconds, a being greater than I could ever hope to be will step forth.

—I announce.

Even so, I must strive; not to be the greatest, or the strongest, but to be worthy of my own name.

If thou submitteth to the call of our ritual, and if thou wilt obey this mind, this reason, then thou shalt respond!

Once again, I will bind another.

—I make my oath here.

Once again, I will be bound.

Here and now, I will shatter my chains!

Thou seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words, come past thy restraining rings! Guardian of the Heavenly Scales—!

Last edited by Rafflesiac; February 21st, 2015 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Francis York Morgan(?)
    Location - Park District - Gongujoudo
    Phase - Night
    Time - 19:59

Meiji laughed as I got to my feet, "You go do that. After all, you do have a long journey just behind you. Get some food and settle in, I don't think this battle of yours will start within the very next hour, at least. If you want, try the grill down in foreign district. I hear they're got excellent steaks over there, or so Amber tells me."

"I'll keep that in mind, it's been a while since I've had really good steak."

I paced towards the door, turning slightly as Meiji cleared his throat one last time, "Pop by tomorrow to see if I have found out anything," he said with a smile. "I'll see if I can't scrounge up some leads by then."

"Sounds like a plan, see ya then, Meiji."

I grinned and waved a hand as I exited his office and made my way back to my current place of residence.
    ======

I grimaced at the cramps just now starting in my legs, I'd been maintaining this careful posture for the last hour or so, I'd showered, fasted, ritually cleansed myself, and set up my summoning circle, while it wasn't made up of the traditional salt or blood, the sheer modern context of police tape tended to work out just fine.

I knelt at the apex, the point of Mastery, and was surrounded at each of other points by various objects sensitive to my own psyche, a baseball glove, for physical, a charcoal picture of me and my closest friend, for emotional, dried coffee grains for mental, and a single red seed, darkened on one side, for spiritual.

The catalyst lay in the center of the circle, I'd removed it from it's specialized carrying case with utmost care, I'd had to go through about 10 different forms to even get close to it, and that's 10 forms, not 10 pages.

My hands ached just thinking about it, and it was just some old reed. Granted, I'd gotten it out of one of the Warehouses, so it was Probably a Big Deal.

I tried to ask where they got it from, and was promptly presented with 20 more forms.

I prudently decided to eschew the red tape and just take the damn thing.

I eyed the circle critically, it wasn't precisely orthodox, but this kind of set-up was reliable, if somewhat more esoteric then the more science-minded alchemists would prefer.

But I got the job done, and as I glanced at the clock on the wall, the precise moment of my peak, thaumaturgically speaking, was here, my voice was a bit hoarse, I'd been muttering a chant under my breath for about twenty minutes now, clearing the mind of all thought.

Right, here goes nothing.

I began:

"Ye first, O silver, O iron. O stone of the foundation, O Archduke of the Contract.
    Hear me in the name of my great teacher, Atlasia.

Fill
    Shut.

Fill
    Shut.

Fill
    Shut.

Fill
    Shut.

Fill
    Shut.

— I announce.
    It thou submitteth to the call of our ritual, and if thou wilt obey this mind, this reason, then thou shalt respond!
    —I make my oath here.
    Thou seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words, come past thy restraining rings! Guardian of the Heavenly Scales—!"

The circle shone, my scar ached, my mouth went dry, a blinding flash of light shone out from the center of the circle and I shielded my eyes.
    Last edited by Mormarth; February 21st, 2015 at 05:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 17:35

The return ‘home’ through the older town was uneventful and quiet, moreso than any city should be. As dark settled in and the streetlamps lit up Kirame found was left to his lonesome in the streets, traveling the confusing city’s streets and alleyways by memory. Occasionally he would pull out the slip of paper in his pocket to jog his memory or fill in the blanks. By the time he returned to the old house the route was firmly entrenched in his mind, enough so that he wouldn’t have problems making the trip again.

The familiar ding-like sound of metal striking metal from within the old house welcomed the Ryougi home.

“Keeping busy as always.” As he passed through the old gate to the house Kirame inspected the hinge that had given away at his kick when he had first arrived, now repaired and looking fresh from a department store. “Can’t resist a chance to fix something, can ya, squirt?”

Not even the squeal of old, rusted metal answered Kirame as he closed the gate, much gentler than he had opened it before. He smiled at her handiwork, latching the gate shut and moving across the dying grass spread out over the lawn, poking its way out of the snow here and there. Entering his temporary home Kirame kicked off his shoes and immediately made for the kotatsu.

Making himself comfortable the man laid his face down on the table and lazily called out to the other end of the house.

“Nozomiiiiii, I’m baaaack.” The repeated metal strikes cut off, quickly replaced by the sound of footsteps.

A pair of aged doors slid open, or more accurately were blown aside, as the blacksmith made her entrance to the living room. Still wearing the same upper half of a track suit from before, except now even more covered in soot, dirt, and with a few places that almost looked singed, Nozomi burst into the living room.

“Yo Kirame-nii, did’ja meet th’ mayor ‘n that Gyoku Saishuki?” She asked, grinning at Kirame as if to say she already knew the answer.

“Ahh, yeah, I met the mayor.” He answered, speaking with one side of his face pressed against the table. “You wouldn’t believe it, he has samurai guarding him. Samurai! And then someone threw a teacup at me.”

“Then’s good I didn’ let’ja bring any weapons, ain’t it?” She asked, still beaming a grin from her smudged up face down at him.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever you say.” Giving her a disagreeing agreement, Kirame raised a hand up and whisked it back and forth, as if to knock away her ‘I told you so’ attitude.’“Ahhh, I really want to fight a samurai. I’m gonna visit them again for sure. Next time I’ll bring my own sword too.”

“Well, s’not like I got a good reason to be makin’ ya go unarmed again if ya already introduced yerself ‘n whatnot…” Nozomi relented, rolling her eyes at Kirame’s one-track mind. “So, ya met the mayor, what’ve Gyoku Saishuki?”

“…” Holding his tongue for a minute, Kirame met the question with a hesitant silence. Rolling his face over on the table so that the girl was no longer staring directly at him he finally answered. “Didn’t meet her.”

“Yaaaaa….” A voice that promised a gift of pain hung in the air as Nozomi let out her annoyance. A tiny fist that packed a surprising amount of strength, given that it belonged to a girl not even old enough for highschool, struck him in the back of the head, pushing the side of his face resting against the table into it with a loud bang that was only outdone by the voice of Nozomi. “Numbskull!”

“I can’t help it, you didn’t tell me where she is.” Kirame quickly retorted, defending his complete inaction while rubbing his head consolingly.

“Ya better find ‘er tomorrow n’ do it, n’ do it right, too!” Crossing her arms the small girl scolded Kirame, like a mother would to a child. “I’ll be ‘n the back now.” She added, as Kirame chose to continue rubbing his head rather than answering. “It’ll be done t’night. Exactly like ya asked for it t’ be.”

Having said so Nozomi disappeared from the room. Hearing the doors slide shut behind him, as well as the retreating footsteps of the girl, Kirame smiled as he rubbed his head one last time.

“Time for a nap. It’s gonna be a long,” he looked up toward the clock, eyes closing as he read the time, “and fun night.”

The ticking of the clock, and the clash of metal from further in the house, sent Kirame off as he rested himself in preparation for the coming night.

“Is it ready?” Rubbing his eyes Ryougi Kirame walked into the forge at the other end of the house. The clink of metal against metal stopped as Nozomi turned to him from her seat, lifting up the pair of protective goggles covering her face.

“S’been ready, was just waitin’ for ya to wake up, ya bum.” She said, pointing to a large, square sheet of metal laid out over the floor. A large, heavily detailed magic circle was inscribed, or perhaps welded, into the metal’s surface. Intricate symbols and patterns, placed symmetrically in places and asymmetrically in others.

“Looks perfect.” Kirame commented, rubbing chin as he circled the steel sheet. “No less from Jirou Ossan’s granddaughter, taking those vague descriptions and making this.”

“Flattery gets ya nowhere, knucklehead.” She answered, still smiling proudly at the work she had done with so little information. The only thing Kirame had given her to go by was a scribble he threw onto a piece of paper, saying it was what he ‘felt he needed.’

“Got the other thing?” He asked her, and Nozomi answered by pointing to a table in the work area, completely clear except for a single wood and glass case sitting at the center of the table. Taking it in his hands Kirame looked down to the tiny object enshrined within the glass and wood, preserved with such care and veneration to be compared to an object of worship.

“No reason to wait,” Kirame said, setting the box down at the center of the circle using surprising gentleness. “Knife.”

Without a word the girl picked up one of many knives beside her, all made by her own hands, and tossed one to him. Catching the knife, Kirame walked to the edge of the circle and drew the blade from a leather sheath. Extending his right hand over the circle, Kirame took the knife in his left and stabbed it into the open palm of his right. As the blood from the wound fell down onto the metal circle Kirame moved his hand over the ornately inscribed work and symbols, tracing over them with his blood. As the last of the lines were traced he withdrew his hand, tightening it into a fist.

With blood trickling down to his knuckles and onto the floor, Kirame took a deep breath. Words came to mind, the correct ones to say for this ritual, the three red brands on his left arm lighting up in accord with the summoning he was about to begin, as if to tell him that they were the reason the incantation he needed was known to him.

Hear me in the name of my great teacher, Nanaya.

A red light rose up from the circle, and the brands in his right arm came to life even more, matching the glow of the ritual in intensity.

Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.

— I announce.
    —I make my oath here.

Azama Tae
    Phase: Night 1/3
    Time: 21:20

"... It's late."

After spending the afternoon at the forest to familiarize with it and hunt the materials I was missing for the summoning ritual, I am rather glad to have a place close-by to return to, where the fire will keep me warm. Unfortunately, I cannot allow myself to sit down and relax, not tonight at least. I am not sure if the other Masters have summoned their Servants yet or if I'll be the first one to do so, but the more time I spend without one, the more at risk I feel in this island. I don't have any intention of waiting until the sun rises.

"..."

I feel a foreboding chill run up my spine. It goes without saying that I find no enjoyment what I am about to do. There is no use in denying that I am somewhat afraid of this ritual. I have little knowledge when it comes to this sort of thing and a single mistake could bring about a completely different effect. Yes, rather than the 'thing' I will summon should I succeed, I am more scared of what could happen to me if I fail. Thankfully, to my understanding, it's a simple ritual even a complete beginner should be able to perform without difficulties. According to what I've dug on the matter, I will be merely acting as 'chord' to connect the Servant to the world I reside and provide the Mana necessary for it to materialize. In other words, the 'Mocking Grail' will take care of the hard work for me.

I turn towards the corpses of the otters I've hunted recently. I could have easily hunted a boar or a wolf instead, but I didn't feel like it was worth the risk. Otters are much more easy to carry for one, and it speaks of my skills as a hunter to have brought down more than one during the night time. Their blood is still warm, so I should make use of it right now.

. . .

After several minutes, the summoning circle is complete. It's rather complex -or at least it feels that way to me- with several encircling patterns. It certainly was not as easy as it claimed in the material I read, but I managed to pull it off perfectly nonetheless. As it is now, however, it's merely a fancy drawing in blood. If I understood correctly, then it should become active as I recite the specific chant.

"..."

But before that... I should place the catalyst within the circle. It takes me some time to unwrap it, as it's regarded as something precious, despite being incredibly mundane in terms of what it looks like. Regardless, I look after it as if it were a holy relic, merely out of caution. I deposit inside the circle without disturbing its composition. Only then do I step outside it's boundaries and begin with the ritual proper.

"Ye first, O silver, O iron. O stone of the foundation, O Archduke of the Contract."

I spell the words I learned by heart, but I go further and concentrate, thinking of the meaning behind each of them.

"Hear me in the name of my great teacher, Kimon."

As I call out the name of my ancestor, the blood acquires a purplish color and begins to glow radiantly.

"Let the descending winds be as a wall.

"Fill
    Shut.

Fill
    Shut.

Fill
    Shut.

Fill
    Shut.

Fill
    Shut."

The light shines brighter with each word I say. I feel I could go blind without even staring at it directly. And that's not all, even though I am inside the cabin and all the windows are closed, I feel a gentle breeze and the promise of a strong gale. However, I cannot allow to falter here... I must renew my resolve and press on.

"— I announce.
    —I make my oath here.
    I am that person who is covered with the evil of all Hades."

Sparks of red light and floating light particles join the spectacle. If I was not the summoner, perhaps I could enjoy the sight a little bit more. But from my perspective, this all looks like...

"Thou seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words, come past thy restraining rings! Guardian of the Heavenly Scales—!"

The perfect formula for an explosion.

Last edited by hero; February 21st, 2015 at 06:16 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Anna Bernhart
    Time: 22:18

"Alright, now that I took care of unpacking my things..." Anna grabbed an already opened envelope, taking out the letter inside. Before actually reading it, she took a look around.

She was sitting down on a sofa in a comfortably sized living room. Though there was the option of turning on the lights, only a simple lamp was in use. The walls were adorned with religious crosses, icons, and portraits of saints; not something Anna had set up herself, but rather, the items left behind by the house's previous inhabitants. The house's lack of lighting should have served to make it seem eerie, but a strange tranquility was present in the air.

Anna looked back at the letter.

"I wonder if it'll work... it will work, right? You're right, no reason it wouldn't..." She murmured, letting the letter slide back into its envelope. She stood up, heading elsewhere.

Anna Bernhart
    Time: 22:22

The circle was drawn. A couple of old, withered pages lied in its centre. Anna extended her right arm towards the circle, baring the brands on her hand. She paused to ensure the readiness of her circuits.

She began the chant, her voice very nearly yelling out each word of the incantation.

"Ye first, O silver, O iron. O stone of the foundation, O Archduke of the Contract.
    Hear me in the name of my great teacher, The Holy Spirit.
    Fill
    Shut.

Fill
    Shut.

Fill
    Shut.

Fill
    Shut.

Fill
    Shut.

— I announce.
    —I make my oath here.
    "

The seal threatened to burn through her hand, so intense was the prana flowing in it. She closed an eye as blinding light surged out of the circle, the other one trying to make out the being that was emerging.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mister Delacroix
    Time: 23:55

It was ice-cold in the room he was most sure could stay barred and sound-proof in his humble home. The old freezer room would serve as ritual chamber, even if the temperatures forced him to wear a coat, the discomfort animating him to get this over with quick.

Salt that he poured on the slightly icy floor etched a circle in the frozen layer. It was time for the ritual to begin. His suitcase was placed before the door of the room, blocking entry.

He took a deep breath. A small vapor cloud escaped his mouth as he exhaled. He wasn't comfortable with waiting any longer. It was probably unnecessary anyway.

Under the protection of the darkness of the night the man spoke the words that would change his role on this island, from an observer to a participator in the ritual of the Mocking Grail.

Ye first, O silver, O iron. O stone of the foundation, O Archduke of the Contract
    Nou la a, premye, o argent, o pase fè. O wòch fondasyon, gouvènè o de kontra a.

Hear me in the name of my great teacher, Kalfu.
    Tande m' nan non M' moutre anpil, Kalfu.

Let the descending winds be as a wall
    Se pou ordre van ki te tankou yon miray lavil la.

Pou gates nan tout direksyon yo fèmen, monte pi wo pase kouwòn lan, ak pou twa Ross wout pou a vire nan peyi wa ki.

The room lit up, glistening as if the floor had been covered in jewels. The door had been opened.

Ranpli
    Fèmen.
    Ranpli
    Fèmen.
    Ranpli
    Fèmen.
    Ranpli
    Fèmen.
    Ranpli
    Fèmen.

Senk perfections pou chak repetisyon. Apre sa, koulye a, tanpri rempli siy ki te fè toti nan Place m.

I Announce.
    M' ap anonse.

Let thy body rest under my dominion, let my fate rest in thy blade
    Se pou kò ou anba dominasyon m, se pou m' mouri mouri, yo nan lame ou.

Si ou soumèt pou apèl rituel nou, Et si n' ap obeyi lide sa a, se te rezon sa a, lè sa a ou dwe reponn!

I make my oath here.
    M' ap fè sèman m' isit la.

Mwen se moun ki va vin bon madanm nan tout syèl la.

I am that person who is covered with the evil of all Hades
    Mwen se moun sa ki kouvri mal de tout Hades.

The man stopped for just a second. His grin grew wider even as his breath started to become heavy under the cold conditions. After a deep breath, he continued

Thou art my shadow, thy form will not be seen. As the silent guardian, my will shall be thy duty. One of the nameless, bearing a mask of white death!
    Ou se lonbraj mwen, fòm ou pesonn p'ap janm wè. Kòm silans, Sera m' dwe fè droit ou. Yonn nan moun san non, kote yo pote yon mas blan mouri!

Ou menm syèl sèt, revèti nan yon trinity de mots, vini pase bag sispansyon tanporè ou! Responsab, gadyen de balans Céleste
    —!

Last edited by I3uster; February 21st, 2015 at 06:30 PM.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Astrid Hildebrandt
    Time: 20:17

The cold wind wrapped around her like an ethereal cloak, snowflakes madly dancing in the air, as if fairies of an ancient time had passed into the mortal plane, playing hide-and-seek among the towering pines.

This was Upasmike Forest, a realm forgotten by time.

The silence that blanketed the snowy landscape when the motorcycle's engine died down was almost overwhelming, to the point that the mechanical steed's presence in the small clearing had an air of sacrilege; of intruding a holy place, and disturbing its ataraxia.

Perhaps it had held such mystery, once. In the fringes of the world, away from the works of man, the old order still held on to its last vestiges of its earthly authority. But regardless of whether or not this forest yet hid elements of the fantastical, the isolation it commanded made it the ideal locus for Astrid's purpose.

Freshly outfitted with the vehicular equipment needed to face the worst Tengetsu had to throw under her two wheels, Astrid had made a return trip to her base, to gather the materials necessary for the summoning ritual; in essence, the two bags of her blood, drawn in her preparations for the war in London, and preserved thanks to a combined application of citrate and a cooling spell.

Then, it was a game of misdirection. Jumping on her Thunderbird, Astrid spent the next two hours roaming the streets of the city, looking very much the part of a visitor or tourist taking in the sights of an unfamiliar city. From the Harbour District's piers, rife with people despite the dying sunlight, to the sky-reaching Tennou Tower, visible from afar and even more imposing up close, to the beautiful traditional buildings of Old Town, the distinctive irimoya roofs gently coated with snow.

When the sun had fully sunken in the turbulent depths of the northern sea, the darkness found Astrid entering the silent woods, on an almost unrecognisable road that seemed to have seen little use by conventional vehicles in the winter months. Inwardly, Astrid thanked the prophetic sight of the police station's outfitted vehicles, and the amber-haired angel that saved her prospects of an inconspicuous summoning.

The trail ended at a small clearing, where the snow caught the streaming moonlight in a breathtaking dance. In this holy winter place, she began her preparations.

Clearing out a patch of earth free of snow was swiftly accomplished; drawing the magic circle, on the other hand, was a task too important and too complex to afford something less that all of her mind's concentration, and her hand's delicate control. She knew the pattern by memory, having studied it in the Association, but bringing the image in her mind to the earthly canvas, with her own blood as paint, was a deceptively difficult task. The slightest imperfection could bring about any number of unforeseen outcomes; such was the nature of magecraft, in all things.

It did not help that her hand had begun to tremble, courtesy of the encroaching cold seeping into her motionless form.

Eventually, it was done. Taking a moment to stretch a few tense joints, still stiff from concentration, Astrid inspected her handiwork with a careful eye, mentally comparing it to the blueprint perfectly stored in her head.

Mm, that will do. She stretched to her full height, and the weight of the moment seemed to catch up with her. Perhaps it was the mystical mood of the forest, or the mindset she entered to draw the magic circle, but a haze had descended upon Astrid's mind, and anticipation bubbled in her chest. In her inner pocket, the small package felt unbelievably heavy.

She retrieved it from the pocket, and held it to the light of the moon, inspecting it as one would with a precious gem. Too important to not keep on her person, this would be the key to unlock the mystery of Heaven's Moon, the catalyst for the ritual of binding.

Strange. It was just too strange, no matter how many times she saw it. How such worn, weathered, derelict things could still hold so much power within them. How much mystery must have accumulated through countless eons, for such a small thing to draw a spirit from the stream of time, a Hero of the distant past brought to the future.

This was a fitting setting, then. Stripping away all the practical functionalities - of how the outburst of prana would occur far away from the city, away from the sensory perception of most magi, and lending little clue to those that could detect it - this winter scene, frozen in time, was the only place where this miracle would not look out of place, but like a natural phenomenon. As if it was meant to happen there.

Clutching the catalyst in her left hand, Astrid stands silent, unmoving, breathing in with the landscape — with the world. Then, the words come unbidden.

Hear me in the name of my great teacher, Frögärd.

The snow is the clearing swirled in unison, as if a mighty wind had begun to stir.

Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.

The trees groaned, the sound echoing far like an ancient song.

— I announce.

In her grasp, the catalyst burned like a roaring fire.

—I make my oath here.

A beat of silence. The clearing stood still.

Then.

The world became light. Her ears rang, and she could not see.

But she could feel everything.

Last edited by Leftovers; February 21st, 2015 at 07:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Time: 22:30

This time...

Sloppy footsteps hit the ground as the oddly swaying body entered the perimeter of the abandoned, overgrown park hidden within the back-alleys of the residential district. Cold snow covered the ground, but it was nothing compared to the freezing hand that had grabbed hold of the slowly approaching youth. Like a puppet barely hanging from his strings, he continued forward, urged by the invisible call that had taken a hold of him in the land of slumber. Somewhere, far away, one could hear something akin to the howling of a wolf. It was like a judgment call, an announcer for the great travesty that was unfolding in the darkness, beyond the sense of the people of this town.

This time... it shall be different...

A voiceless call full of anger, full of rage. Its time had finally come. For so long it had been held at bay, for so long it had waited, forgotten. But now, finally, its wait had been rewarded. Patience had given away to the monstrous obsession that still held the call to this mortal coil, in the form that was against anything that still lived. Like a recording, skipping to the beginning over and over again, as the surface had been scratched by a nail known as "regret." There was nothing more in it at this very moment than the sickening pleasure of being able to start over once more, taking advantage of this god-given chance during this one night...

This time... I will not lose...

The stolen body fell to the ground, on his knees. A simple call, a simple urging, a simple hostile takeover of the physical body had been enough so far. Now, what was needed was manifestation of more complex will. Raising his arm, the body in its control squeezed its hand into a fist and released something green and glowing from between its fingertips. It was the waste-product of mana, an otherwise useless substance that could still work as a conductor in a situation like this. In other words... ectoplasm. The only touch allowed to those that refused to part with their connection to this world.

This time... things shall be different...

She could still feel it, the connection that tugged momentarily at the circuits running through its wretched soul. It was no mere physical link that it had, but something supernatural, something unnatural. Even after her body had decayed, these unnatural veins were still there... and this connection had been etched to them. She could still feel that red glow, one that had once adorned her own wrist. She had lost its illuminating brilliance... but not in its entirety. This time, it would give help in creating something new; a new chance, a new beginning. A new loophole.

This time... I will not know mercy...

The borrowed hands tirelessly continued drawing a magic circle on the ground, utilizing her ectoplasm as the raw material. It was shoddy, it was barely functioning... but it was enough. This was all she needed. She still owned the right and she still had the connection... and thus, by borrowing this body, she could utilize it to bring forth her dream. This mind that had been so carelessly tossed into her old room now served her purpose. Unguarded and unaware, it had been a mere trick for her experienced existence to assault it during its slumber, and steal away the physical presence it had. And now, just as easily, she utilized it to finish what she had started almost hundred years ago...

In other words...

------------------- She would utilize it to once more draw a summoning circle.

"Ye first, O silver, O iron. O stone of the foundation, O Archduke of the Contract."

She chanted, but what came out was not her own voice. It was the voice of the young boy whose body she had stolen. She had no remorse about having done such a thing. Such pitiful humane feelings had disappeared long ago, and what was left was her simple obsession with what had been stolen from her so long ago: victory.

"Hear me in the name of my great teacher, Fujimura.
    Let the gates in all directions be shut, rising above the crown, and let the three-forked roads to the Kingdom revolve."

She could feel blood clotting in the mouth of the body she was using. The boy was not meant for use like this. His Magic Circuits, underdeveloped and in deep sleep, were now being ripped apart by the prana driven through them by pure experience and knowledge. Most likely, he would feel like his nerves were on fire afterwards... though no lasting physical damage would be caused. Perhaps. However, at this point, she did not care. Her prized future was in front of her once more... and she was grasping it by the throat.

"
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.

— I announce.
    It thou submitteth to the call of our ritual, and if thou wilt obey this mind, this reason, then thou shalt respond!"

She could see through his eyes how the howling prana took form in the summoning circle and began waxing and waning. It converged into a singular point in the middle, drawing power from both her and the boy. This was the miracle of the Mocking Grail. Through it, such thing was possible even through a complete novice like this. No, a relatively normal human body like this. Her mind cheered at the sight, and the mouth of the body she was using turned into a sneer. It was finally coming true. Her dream.

"—I make my oath here.
    I am that person who is covered with the evil of all Hades."

Even if the power of the borrowed body was not enough to draw forth a Servant, there was one thing that could. Her own self. The obsession-filled dream that was her whole existence. The ghost that had waited for so long, despairing in the side room of a forgotten building. Her unnatural existence could act as a catalyst to draw forth the strongest card, one that could win this war that once had so cruelly been her death. The one she could use to---!

"Ug... gha.... ugya...... aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!"

Unimaginable pain. She could feel the cold hand of something ripping into her already fragile existence. Something, perhaps from the ritual, perhaps from what was appearing in front of them, or perhaps from the boy... something was trying to suppress her, destroy her. Something had gone wrong... or perhaps not. In her pain, she realized what was happening. It was not her that was received a second chance. Her contract, her connection... it was forcibly transferred to the boy's physical body through the ritual itself---!

Her rage felt no bounds as she separated herself from the body she had been using. She needed to escape, immediately. If she did not, she would be destroyed by this experience. The connection, the brands, were now gone, and if she did not flee, so would she.

However, in her mind, she realized that this was not the end. This was just the beginning. It did not matter if the boy was the one who acquired the Servant. When the time was right, she would take it all back---!

And as the final vestiges of the ghostly presence left the boy's mind, his mouth shouted out the final words needed, spurred by the obsession that had only moments ago spurred him to sneak out of his home, to draw this summoning circle on the snow, and to forcibly open his magic circuits for the purpose entering a war he had no knowledge about...!

"Thou seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words, come past thy restraining rings! Guardian of the Heavenly Scales—!"

Kirisaki Homura's voice echoed in the park as the light of the summoning circle engulfed him.

Location: Location: Old Industrial District - Tengetsu Police Station
    Time: 20:02

"What the hell...?"

Myoujingata Meiji could hardly believe his eyes. Before him was a letter that he had received from Astrid earlier that day. Currently, he was alone in the crime lab of the police station, behind locked doors so nobody could peek into what he was doing. However, even though he had made sure no nosy officer would sneak in just out of curiosity, Meiji had not expected there to be any real need for it. He did not actually believe that he would find anything new from these parchments that had already been rather thoroughly inspected.

However after some fingerprint tests and other similar procedures, he had jokingly directed a black light lamp at the paper. He had not expected it to produce any results either, mostly because none of the other procedures had been of any help. But, there, before him on the paper... were words he had definitely not expected to find there.

Something in them sent a chill down his spine. Almost like something from the far reaches of his memory had slowly ran its bony fingers across his spine.

"It can't be..." he muttered to himself.

--------------!

Suddenly, he felt it. Odd jump in his heart, like a small pulse had run through the area. It reacted only in the honed senses of his body, which had been trained to find any supernatural occurrences in his vicinity. During the last three years, he had not felt anything with these senses of his, and sometimes he had wondered if something had dulled them over time. But now... now he felt those warning bells ring in his head again.

With a dark smile, Meiji turned his eyes to the window, from which he could see over most of Tengetsu City. Somewhere out there... something had just happened.

"So... it's beginning, huh?" Meiji whispered, understanding very well that there was no going back now. He momentarily glanced at the letter in front of him, before picking it up and folding it neatly away. "... Let's just hope I'm wrong about this."

The eyes of the police commissioner narrowed as he returned to gaze at the darkened city.

"Let's just hope these words were not meant to them."

And just like the police commissioner had realized...

Just like the mayor had expected...

Just like the bishop had awaited...

Just like the Atlasia had anticipated...

Just like the captain had hoped...

And just like the priestess gazing from the mountain at the city below her had known...

During this one night, several flashes of light could be seen blooming around Tengetsu.

And in each and every location, a certain sentence, certain words full of promise, certain oath that meant everything this night, could be heard spoken aloud. Not only for the sake of one responsible for those lights... but for the sake of ones summoned by them.

At the graveyard in the outskirts...

At the shrine in the park...

At the house in the quarry...

At the room in the inn...

At the smithy in the old town...

At the cabin in the forest...

At the home in the harbor...

At the butcher shop in the city corner...

At the clearing in the woods...

And at the park in the darkness...

Everywhere around the city, the echo of those words could be heard clearly.

From ten speakers.

To ten listeners.

The question of oath was given.

"------ I ask of you. Are you my Master?"

Blog Entries
    Servant Caster

The ground was damp. That was the first thing he felt, when the light faded. When once more the feeling of clean air filling his lungs, he tasted the crisp cold flavor of the earth, chilled by winter's touch. He was sitting down in his usual pose of meditation, and his eyes were closed. The powerful hands of the monk were relaxed, resting on his lap. Once more he had come to a foreign land, called because the inhabitants there were lost in the darkness.

It was their cry he came to heed. They cried not for food, or shelter, or to fill base human needs. No, it was for a hunger far deeper, a hunger not of the body, but of the soul.

"Send us a teacher!"

"We have lost the way!"

These prayers were heard in that which others called the Throne of Heroes, which he knew to be a small part of Nirvana. This cry for teaching was the only prayer The Monk at the Wall had ever considered worth hearing.

Servant Caster. That was the form the old monk had taken to fulfill a heartfelt wish. Any of the so called "Servant containers" would have been suitable for him, that was part of the Way. balance between the physical, the mystical, the spiritual. Only with all these things in concert was Unity created.

But Caster was who he was, and who he was, was Caster. face just barely began to leather with age, as had his body. Yet, that did nothing to the power that coursed through his old muscles. Caster's body was knotty and unhandsome, marked with many scars, each a lesson, each a story to tell. These scars criss-crossed his bulging biceps where his arms extended out of the old, faded red gi he wore. They traveled down the lengths of his muscles, down his forearms where they were momentarily hidden by the bronze bracer her wore at each wrist, then continued apace down the backs of his knuckles.

Those scars were the only thing that covered the tanned scalp of the Servant of mysteries, though a large, thick, black beard hung down from his chin, completely hiding his mouth. His eyes were blue, and watery. His greatest student had been just one of many to say that when you combine the way with his large forehead jutted out together with his dark, bushy eyebrows, Caster maintained a perpetual surly, brutish look.

Caster allowed himself one more moment of respite, on more breath of the air of the earth he had left behind after having gazed into its soul, and found truth.

Then he rose from his standard pose of meditation, and faced the one who would be his master for the first time. Her eyes, clouded with fear, yet strong with hope, met his own wide blue eyes that had once been his namesake.

This ritual he had allowed himself to become a part of had tenets, ones he was expected to adhere to. That brought a mocking grin to caster's thick lips.

"Well then..." Caster gritted out, rocky, gritted voice, hoarse with age.

"I ask of you....are you my master...whelp?"

"This Contract is complete." Caster grated. "Your wish is now granted. For I am Servant Caster, and it is my knowledge, and my power that shall protect you from harm, and guide you to the Truth. So prepare yourself girl...For with this contract, I accept you as my student. From this day forward, you will consider me your Shifu. And within you I shall evoke power, strength, and the ability to stare at the Truth with calm, unblinking eyes."

Wise up

Keyword found: Shifu
    Last edited by Tobias; February 21st, 2015 at 07:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Servant Assassin
    Time: 00:00
    Day: January 13th

-----?

The summoning circle was empty. The blood-red markings glowed sickly with nascent prana flowing through them and the ambient light sparkled off the ice in the freezer yet, there was no being standing in the circle. But something was present in the room. Hiding, observing, watching the Haitian vampire, the mortal that assumed its place as his Master. A hidden stare is felt around the room, the gaze searching the cold room. As the light from the ritual dimmed, darkness slowly took back its hold in the room. In the middle of the circle, a dark shadowy figure appears, its form blending into the darkness. The crimson glow from the summoning circle illuminates the borders of the shadow but does not hold it into a discernible shape.

A low chuckle murmurs from the darkness in the circle.

The stare that had spread around the room was now focused on the black male that stood before the circle.

"Sufficient precautions, young one," whispers a soft voice.

"Now tell me..."

The darkness stirs in the circle as a pale white mask takes shape.

"...are you my Master?"

A superfluous question but certain formalities had to be kept.

The Old Man of the Mountain would kill once more.

Spoiler:

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Character(s): Miyamoto Kiyoko
    Time: 21:30

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyuki View Post
    — I announce.
    —I make my oath here.

Its might is palpable. The world is already changing in front of her: time, space and matter are all being distorted to realize a miracle on the level of True Magic. Kiyoko remains wrapped in this overwhelming white that turns the world into absolute formlessness, yet even as her sight and other senses die down, one clear feeling remains and does not betray Kiyoko's perception of her surroundings: her soul. It tells her that the beckoning is approaching completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyuki View Post
    She finishes the chant. From the open box Kiyoko had diligently put in the middle of the Magical Circle, a link is formed. That link pulls to this side of the world an existence which has no right to be present here, the call of the Holy Grail allows such an outrage, such is the artifact which dictates rules of its own, standing its ground even in the face of the supreme overseer, Gaia.

As the ceremony has become complete... the overwhelming white subsides. Her sight and hearing slowly revert to their natural state, no more blinded by the intense magic.

However…

Huh?”

There is no one to be seen. Kiyoko is all alone in the basement of the Shrine. Yet her prana has been spent and the box containing the catalyst for the summoning appears to have made its contribution…

...then what explains the reason that Kiyoko's Servant is nowhere in sight?

Could I have messed up somewhere? Impossible, I--

--CRASH

A thundering roar interrupts Kiyoko’s train of thoughts. It is an abrupt surprise, so sudden that Kiyoko who is already rather easy to startle feels her heart skip a beat and nearly faints -- however, that is not the time for such weakness, Kiyoko herself knows that. After having jumped and squeaked in terror, Kiyoko quickly looks around her to locate the source of that noise.

Is it… above?!
    -
    -

----------[-[]-]----------
    --
    Character(s): Miyamoto Kiyoko, Invoker
    Time: 21:31

Kiyoko has rushed to the shrine's kitchen as fast as possible. The young shrine maiden is certain that it is the origin of that huge startling crash -- on top of being right above the basement, Kiyoko can sense a certain 'presence' inside that room.

Has she unknowingly screwed up a certain part of the ritual, causing the summoning to go haywire? She begins to fear as she wonders what might've happened to her Servant with such a loud explosion occurring. At best, Kiyoko can only pray that they were safe.

The sight that greets Kiyoko as she enters the kitchen is quite different from what she had expected though: there is no sign of damage. The walls, the furniture, the cutlery that had been left there for future use - nothing is broken, everything remains intact and there is not one trace of what could have caused the huge crash from earlier.

The kitchen is idetical to the last time that Kiyoko had left it...

... except for these black wings. Wrapped up around ‘something’, they form the shape of a massive black egg taller than Kiyoko by a few heads. The latter can only stare at this ‘Egg’, wondering what on earth is going on. Before she can act or even think clearly though, the wings vanish without warning. The black feathers that they shed as they disappear fill the room, making it look like the black egg has ‘hatched’.

Before Kiyoko’s eyes, sitting on the chair with her back turned to her, is a beautiful, yet eerie woman. Her hair is of a pure black, so pure that it reflects light like a mirror and she wears a kimono that is just as black as her hair, with some minor golden designs decorating the fabric’s surface. In contrast to this blackness in which she is clad though, the women’s skin is pale, whiter than snow. One could think that they’re seeing a corpse rather than a living being.

There is no doubt though, this person is mostly alive, and if Kiyoko isn’t mistaken…

A-are you my Servant?” she asks weakly, still standing at the kitchen’s entrance. She needs her time to take in everything that is happening after all -- everything leading up to now has been a little bit excessive for the young shrine maiden, and she’s also rather tired from having expanded so much prana during the Summoning Ritual.

For all her anticipation though, there is no immediate answer. The woman in black answers not and remains seated while… reading something? No, more than that, she’s also drinking? Kiyoko realizes that the drinks, magazines and snacks she has prepared to make the introductory chat she’d have with her Servant more pleasant… this person is already enjoying them?!

W-wait, I was supposed to bake those!” Kiyoko shouts, rushing to the woman in black’s side as her face is filled with consternation noticing that this person is eating the rock-hard frozen pastries she had prepared. “And… w-wait, you’ve already drunk all of this!?” Kiyoko adds, rather helpless as she notices that the woman in black has also gulped down a rather sizeable portion of this extremely concentrated sake she has bought just for the occasion. “That’s no good, I haven’t even diluted it!

Oh, so that is why all of this tastes so horrible,the woman in black blankly states while turning her head to face Kiyoko, her tone rather blank but with an underlined feeling of realization.

T-that’s it! responds Kiyoko as she hurriedly puts the rest of the pastries in the oven and proceeds to dilute the sake and serve it to…

... wait, that’s not what I’m supposed to do!’ she notes to herself urgently as she serves another cup of sake to the ‘guest’, before shaking her head and gathering all of her courage, asking:

M-more importantly... are you.. my Servant?

The mysterious figure smiles lightly at that question. It’s a smile that wouldn’t be out of place from one of those evil antagonists in shows, and as thus, it sends quite the chill running down Kiyoko’s spine.

Who knows? Are you my Master, young girl?

I, uh… I think so...

Kiyoko is rather certain that it was a scoff that escaped from the woman in black, as light as it was. “Where is your proof?” she asks Kiyoko, eyeing the Shrine Maiden with prying, maybe even malicious eyes. It isn’t a gaze that one would appreciate being the target of, at the very least.

Kiyoko is at a loss for a moment, thinking on how she can prove her Mastership. There is no proof or evidence that this is truly her Servant, but with conjecture, Kiyoko believes that there is hardly any other identity possible for that person.

Uhm… --waaahh!

The flustered shrine maiden lets out a cry of distress as ‘something’ slips in the inside of her kimono, parting its top portion till a certain amount of flesh right above her left breast can be seen -- that is where Kiyoko’s Command Seal has imprinted itself. That ‘something’ was the woman in black’s hand, the latter is also shooting quite the malicious grimace at Kiyoko.

Oh my, what a daring place to have your Command Seals, Master.

W-what are you doing!?Kiyoko cries in outrage as she pushes the woman in black’s hand away and quickly covers up the part of her chest that had been exposed.W-wait, did you just call me Master?

Indeed. I, the Servant Invoker, has come in response to your call. Fufufufu… such earnest and innocent eyes. These are the my favorite.

Invoker Status Screen