Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Phase: Day 1/3
    Time: 10:30
    Day: January 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Misora
    "Ah, great! You're the best, Mr. Hero!"
    That’s a relief. Still... Mr. Hero, huh? It still sounds weird, but I kinda like it.

"I'll be sure to tell everyone that not all locals are grumpy-grumpfaces! That should brighten up their day. Oh, and super sorry we kept you from your grocery shopping. I know the Great Blizzard will make things harder around here, but hang in there, okay!"
    “Ah, thank you. Make sure you’re safe as well when the blizzard comes.”

I feel like the grayhead said something, but it probably wasn’t important.

"Anyways, we need to be off as well! So, um, thanks again, Mr. Hero!"
    Her hand’s nice and soft, and waitwaitwaitisshegettingcloser---

"Let's meet up again! I'll buy a dinner as a thanks, sometime!"
    “Y-Yeah, it’d be my pleasure!”

As Misora walked away, the lingering heat spread from my cheek, blazing across my face like a wildfire.

Did I just get kissed? Did I just get asked out on a d-d-date? Someone like me, in a situation like this, now? That’s... That’s... Did I go wrong somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Helping others is never wrong, Xander. You have done an admirable thing.
    “Ah, Archer.” A hand rises to rub at my cheek as a smile rises. “Thanks.”

While I sensed no outside presences during your conversation, that girl could see me, without a doubt. I will leave what to do with that information in your hands, but it seems she has no notion of the War. However, I feel she may yet have some bearing on our struggle, before the end.
    “Her being able to see you is troubling, but it doesn’t seem like she’s involved with the War. So while it’s not the best scenario, there’s no need to do anything about Misora.”

Still... Just what would Atlas be doing on this island? Is this a focal point for magi or something? It’s definitely something I should look into somehow.

And yet, here you have surprised me again! She is quite pretty, is she not? I didn't think you had it in you, Master.
    Momentarily, against all logic, I wished I was drinking something so that I could spit it out.

“Wh-Wh-Whaaaaaaaaaat!? I was just, I mean, I came here to, I... I... Oh, just get a good grasp of the island or something, Archer! You’re an Archer, so put those eyes to use!”

Despite the cold, my face is burning hotter than any of Archer’s curries.

“I’ll go into the city for supplies! After that, you can meet me at the baths here; I have an errand there!”

Hands wildly gesturing at various locations on our map, I sputter my words into the empty air. With a profound sense of embarrassment, I walk toward the city.

~~~~~~~~~~

Xander Stone
    Phase: Day 2/3
    Time: 12:40

The bustle of the business district makes a sharp contrast to the empty expanses of the city outskirts. Cars zipped along the busy streets as people walked past me, heads buried in scarves, minds buried in their own matters. Even now, the sight of these mountains of glass and steel is as unsettling as ever.

“Climbing supplies. That’s definitely something I'll need in case I have to move along the more rural areas here, but...”

Just where would I find them? Sighing, I walk down the sidewalk in search of a suitable shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Artificer
    Phase: Morning 1/3
    Time: 07:25

"I am grateful." Artificer nodded. "And look forward to your visit."

Was she giving him a strange look? Artificer dismissed the thought. It must have simply been his once-more youthful body dreaming on its own. He had no time for such distractions.

In fact... the cheesecake, too, had been a distraction! He needed to get back to the forge.

"Until then, please allow me to take my leave, Lady Chi. The iron will not remain hot forever."

With a rare smile, the Servant bid farewell to what he recognized as the few peaceful places remaining on Tengetsu Island, setting off for a most fearsome foe... the grocer.

Time: 08:25

"Student."

The simultaneously gentle yet booming voice of Artificer resonated through the old shack.

"I return, bearing nourishment. Now let us see how you've tended the flames."

The doors opened, revealing Artificer, slightly worse for the wear. There was a trauma in those eyes; the horrors he'd witnessed while attempting to shop in a modern convenience store would be enough to entertain a party for hours. But, by retreating into himself and deflecting the shame, the Servant had survived the experience mostly intact. Now he was just eager to get to forging again. At least the sword wouldn't ever make him feel useless.

The Servant marched in, dumped a few plastic bags onto the table, and flowed around the forge, inspecting each item as if he'd been gone for months instead of minutes. Finally his eyes centered on the unfinished blade, still glowing red in the oven.

"Almost finished," he stated at a glance. "In my time this would have taken at least a week. The quality of metal in this age has certainly risen, to allow for such a quick forging."

He paused, tilted his head, and put on his spectacles, peering more closely at the flames.

"But not yet enough to properly automate the process. Steel, you shall bend..."

Clang.

Artificer could almost smile.

Clang.

He was back in his element.

Clang.

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Time: 10:16

The room was already cold, but with that one little nod I felt the room drop several degrees. Then I felt it drop some more when I heard Sourokurou's attempts to find her. They went as soon as the weather permitted, but they couldn't find her. They checked when the ice melted, but still couldn't find her. Not a single hint or clue where she was. So there was only one conclusion one could make.

Sen-chan was... Sen-chan was. I tried to accept that fact. I should accept that fact since Onii-san and Sourokurou-san couldn't find her. They know this area better than anyone and they failed to find her. The head miko and a famous hero. What makes me think I can find her when they couldn't for four years? The two most spiritually-attuned people in Tengetsu failed to find her and all I am is a simple miko.

There's no way she could be... She has to be...

Right when I was about to give up and let the tears fall fully. To accept and cry my heart out. I felt a small warm hand trying to console me. That small warmth was all it took to remind me that until you see the end of the path that there is always still some hope. Hope that Sen-chan is still alive as long she isn't found. And I'll hold onto that small hope until I find her.

"Thanks Izumi-chan. I'm alright now."

I wipe the few stray tears from face before attempting to awkwardly smile.

"Sourokurou-san. Izumi-chan I'm sorry for coming here so abruptly and bringing up these displeasing topics, but I think I should go. Hopefully you have a nice day."

With that said, I intend to find out where Sen-chan is at. Spiritual mountain of Tengetsu or not.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mister Delacroix
    Location - Harbor District
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 12:00
    Day - January 13th

As he glanced over the document, a glass in his hand, the man couldn't help but smile. The spirit did well. He had informed himself of their order, as much as one could through all the mysteries surrounding them. Masters of assassination, so deeply tied in the collective minds of people with their practices of political murder that their name itself became synonymous with the act. Undoubtedly beings fitting of the status of a heroic spirit.

He a sip from the hard alcohol he had only been served on insistent request.

I'll give you one at home, Assassin. You deserve it, and my reverence.

To read about them was one thing, but to have this partnership with a genuine spirit of death, to see it breach the impenetrable barriers and do nothing but the necessary needful was quite awe-inspiring. For a being, be it human or otherwise, to have this kind of power was remarkable beyond belief in the first place. But to restrain and not abuse this power might have been the most impressive fact about it.

The smile on his face could not be wiped this day.

Yes, the implications of this being by his side meant that his competitors in this contestwould also carry power beyond his belief. The implications were unpleasant. But the man was not one to let this thought in the back of his head ruin his little moment in the cafe.

It was good to plan ahead, but one should never let the thoughts of the storm cloud a sunny day.

The man downed the tiny film of alcohol left on the bottom of his glass before he left the cafe.

It was a beautiful day indeed, even if the cold he soon felt would try its best to ruin his good mood.

-----

Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 12:00
    Day - January 13th

It was soon that the man had to truly understand the implications of the cold he had cursed earlier. He almost felt he had finally became used to the unpleasant sensation of a thousand ice cold knives cutting his face, at least for the time it took to get in and out of a taxi, or from an airport to said taxi. But compared to having to drag a large suitcase through the dusty gray mud that hid itself under the thin veneer of visually actually quite pleasing white what he had to previously experience was nothing.

Hell must be like this island.

He tried removing at least a bit of snow from his coat. He had to look presentable.

Because there was no way he was going to take that suitcase up these stairs in this weather.

"Hello? Anybody here? I was told to come here, I presume we have a mutual friend?"

He shouted up the stairs.

Places of worship like these always made him feel quite uncomfortable, even without the constant barrage of tiny annoying little crystals in his face. The people found in these were often more aware of his nature than he liked the citizens in his area of operation to be. And as much as this faith was often propagated as harmonic synthesis with nature rather than a desire to control it, it did share some of the characteristics of the churches he was used to. A place like this was meant to be made to make a person feel small, to realize ones place in relation to the gods it was attributed to.

Though it didn't accomplish this with arches and a high ceiling but with stairs.Determined to not let his day be ruined by inanimate objects, the man opted to wait for a few minutes.

At least with the feeling of his companion nearby he didn't have to fear for his life, though the cold certainly tried its best.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Character(s)

Invoker, Miyamoto Kiyoko, Ruler

Phase ----- Morning
    Time ------ 10:17
    Day ------- January 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Invoker, as they left the room
    "May this war prove most entertaining and fruitful for you, supervisor."
    Yamaichi shrine was now behind them. Things had gone rather unexpectedly -- perhaps letting excitement getting the best of her, and the rather peculiar environment in which Kiyoko met with Sourokurou somehow all threw off Invoker's initial plans.

Having a single plan had always been a fool's trademark. Luckily she wasn't one. There was still much to make out from this 'visit', in fact, much had been gained already.

'The perfect stronghold for this Blue Emperor, and one that reeks of rich history and mysticism. Yes, clearly something I should set my sights on sooner or later. Fufufu~'

The white snow drifted down onto Invoker’s open palm. Having reverted to her 'normal' form, she was unusually silent; the Servant had not ushered a word after the ‘lively’ exchange she had with Ruler. Now, she stood amidst the courtyard of Yamaichi Shrine, gazing at the heavens as if waiting for a revelation to come.

Now then, let's go out
    “Iza sarabada.

to enjoy the snow… until
    Yukimi ni korobu

I slip and fall
    tokoromade”

A Haiku from Basho, a 'fellow' artist. Perhaps a contemporary by many centuries, but still, fitting, if not perhaps ironically cruel quote for the current situation.

Abruptly, Invoker closed her hands, crushing all the pure white that had gathered in her hand. Watching it all crumble seemed to amuse her, as there was a light grin on her visage.

There were many things to be said, many observations, remarks and realizations -- all which perhaps she could have shared with Kiyoko, but not here. The Servant shot a quick glance at her Master, as if signalling her to come over.

"There are no need for words, Master. Let us go satisfy our inquisitive spirits, shall we?"

Giving Kiyoko a knowing smile, Invoker motioned as if you let Kiyoko lead the way.

"Since you are the one who spent a good portion of your life here, I shall let you guide the way, Master."

A true intention, but that wouldn't mean that she'd be keeping a keen eye for more anomalies. Her guard was up, ever since there was this mysterious 'shadow' moving around. Its presence had faded once Sourokurou had finished her explanation of what happened to the girl Sen, but still, that was no reason for Invoker to relent her watch. Something that could escape her clairvoyance and remain blurred while being so near... Mount Tengetsu definitely was a place most interesting. Rather than feel fear or worry, the prospect of such secrets and mysteries only served to excite Invoker further. She was the kind to stir trouble, and what better way to do so than finding things better left unknown and places better left untouched?
    Last edited by Ayakashi; January 4th, 2016 at 07:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Servant Caster
    Time: 13:35

Even now, Caster could not be sure exactly what the little spirit was made of. Following along in its wake like the divine wind, Caster contemplated what had brought about this creature. It seemed unlikely to be a completely naturally occurring wraith.

Normally, in a city that would hold a magical ritual on the level of a grail war, it would not be so strange to see such a manifestation. The flow of prana drawn across ley-lines and through mystic paths, improperly channeled by foolish magi seeking power could easily warp the natural power of the land into manifestations of rogue energy...however, Tengetsu was not such a place. Oh, truly it was the home of a grail war, or else Caster himself could not exist. But the flow of prana through the city was almost shockingly weak. The flow of prana through the bones of the island was like veins limping weakly through a dying man.

Weak.

Thready.

It wouldn't have been surprising at any moment to feel the magic of Tengetsu simply sigh and fade all together.

The city was singularly unfitting as the home of the grail. Even with all the power and knowledge of the Monk at the Wall, it was difficult even to draw the flow of power into the psuedo ley-lines he had established. There was so little power to be had. Further, it did not seem as though all the power that should have been there was diverted to a single source, such as the grail ritual, Caster would have been able to sense and follow a well spring of prana that immense.

Thus, the creature Caster followed was a contradiction. Tengetsu was unlikely to manifest such a spirit, yet it also did not seem to be a familiar consciously summoned by a magus.

Caster began to get an answer when the little rabbit finally went to ground.

Tengetsu Maritime Museum...

Now here was a place that a man like him was suitable for. Oh, not because of its status as a place where relics of history gathered, No, it was Caster's status as a monk that made it a place where a man like him would inevitably be needed.

..Because when it came to
    Onryō, Buddhist monks were often the final salvation. Yes, this museum, dark, and unassuming as it might have seemed to the average person, was an entirely different beast to surly old man. The building snarled into the afternoon air, to his senses, The very building itself was so filled with despair and remorse that it was almost alive. This was the history of the building of history...no, perhaps it was even where the history of the island itself had been drawn. in the eye of Caster's mind he could see with dim clarity the fury and pain that had to have seeped into the flesh and bones of the building.

Onryō or similar wraiths were ultimately pitiuable creatures. It was nice to think every life ended in a warm bed, the faces of family, children, loves all around to send one into a gentle sleep, but all to often in a cruel world, that was not how the frail candle of life was snuffed out.

Some died clawing the earth in frustration.

Some died screaming in pain.

Many died with the last words on their lips being "I don't want to die"

In truth, it was so rare for someone to pass without still having something to do.

When a person died in pain and suffering, there was a chance a grudge would be left. A tangible spirit of malice, a curse upon the living that still has time to accomplish the things that were denied those who passed on. For such things, a holy man was needed.

From the simple unassuming monk who placed sutra around to ward spirits after an accident, all the way to Genno Shinsho, who communed with the spirit of Tamamo no Mae herself to grant her rest, Buddhist holy men were the final recourse for the tattered remnants of spirits to angry to die and to sad to live.

Caster sighed to himself. It seemed even as a spirit, he too still had things that he needed to do. Responsibilities that he must shoulder. Placing his hand on the windblown and weathered door frame, Caster set his shoulders and prepared once more to perform his duty, and went inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Anna Bernhart
    Location - Cross & Grace
    Phase - Day 1/3
    Time - 09:29
    Day - January 13th

Having a Lotsa Everything, especially after already having had something to eat just an hour ago, might have been more than Anna could handle in the morning...

...But it wasn't as though she could have turned down food when it was being offered!

Anna replied to Chelsea's question with a cheerful smile, looking rather enthusiastic about the subject. "It's quite cold here, but that's a minor issue, I'm sure I can get used to it! Other than that, I'm enjoying myself here. It's so calm and peaceful here, the air is fresh, though the cold makes it a little challenging to enjoy for too long; it's all making me feel like I'm out in the countryside after a long stay in an overly urban environment and it's very refreshing! Do you know what I mean, Chelsea-uh, san?"

"Which honorific do I use here..?", Anna thought, briefly interrupting her impressions of Tengetsu. After a moment, she realized that her hiccup might have come off as rather rude, so, with her smile taking on a slightly nervous, sheepish tone, the girl apologized. "Forgive me, the language is still a bit of a challenge for me sometimes... I suppose that means I haven't settled in enough yet, does it?" She laughed a bit.

"Oh, but what about you, Chelsea? How long have you been working on the Cross & Grace? It's quite different here compared to the town... Have you made friends here?" That last question was what Anna mainly worried about. It didn't seem as though the crew was overflowing with energetic young girls, after all. She hadn't noticed that she suddenly dropped her attempts at trying to properly apply honorifics.

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Time: 12:30

"... Well, it is you. So I suppose I should not be surprised. You were always the adventurous one, while I stuck with my lot in the life," Setsuko said, pouring the black substance into two cups before walking them over to the table. "But I think I can arrange what you are asking. It is the least I can do to you."
    Perhaps it was Caster’s magecraft or training, but I’m not that tired from Setsuko’s travel through every staircase in the entire hospital. If they’re going to modernize it, where’s the elevator? The physically impaired have just as many rights to convenient travel as those who aren’t, right? Seems like a huge oversight to me…

Anyhow, my mind turns back to her statement. Me, adventurous? I don’t think that aptly describes me at all. It’s less so that I’m “adventurous” than I’m... expendable? I can do risky things without really bothering anyone or anything. If you need someone to take a few hits, that’s what Father asked me to do. Besides, it’s not like I do anything risky out of my own volition. It’s just how my branch of the family is structured. Father and nii-san always enjoyed doing all sorts of potentially dangerous things and I just happened to come along for the ride, since where else could I go?

Memory lane is a bit bitter, and I haven’t even spoken to her yet. I’m being a rude guest…

“Well, you know, with my family, you kinda had to be this way… I’d like to live in peace as you do now.” A genuine wish. Not something worth using the Grail for, obviously, but I… I’d like to use my magecraft for something less bloody. Doctors aren’t meant to fight in wars.

“Anyhow, Setsuko, here.” I place a yellow manila envelope on her desk, which is so neat and precise. I’m envious of her organizational skills… The RV looks like a mess in comparison. “Some money and some magecraft notes Grandfather thought might be relevant, if you want. I’ve already talked with Sensei too, for that matter. Any reason why he lives so far out? Finding him was a huge pain.”

I jokingly complain, but I hate driving through snow. Really quite the hassle, and going into such a rural part of town with a symbol of modern excess, the recreational vehicle, just strikes anyone as plain odd. Easily capable of blowing my already flimsy cover.

I wait for a reply, and then continue on with the big business.

“But um, thanks for being so kind. Grandfather left me his will, you see,” I pull up my sleeve and reveal the Command Seals, scarlet, on my hand. I force a smile, but I’m almost certain it looks as fake as I think it is. “So I need a cover… and information about anything weird going on. Trust me, if I think they know where I am, I’ll leave this place in a heartbeat. That I promise you. I just…”

“I just don’t know where I’m supposed to go, what I’m supposed to do. And you… you’re just so kind and I don’t have much to give… But if you think I’m dangerous, feel free to cut me off right now.”

Those words are honest, and I think that maybe I’ve made a grave mistake coming here. I’m not sure.

But if anything, family deserves the truth, for that’s the only way blood can ever be thicker than water.

Saver
    Time: 06:51

“My, how kind of you to offer.” Saver said, a smile forming on her face. “Then…”

The grail had provided her with a large amount of knowledge regarding the current era- of new foods and delights, physical pleasures cultivated by modern humanity. They were, of course, far removed from the cuisine that she had enjoyed in life- but if anything that only served to increase her interest. Even if it was not necessary, to miss out would have been a huge waste.

Unfortunately, that did not make it particularly easy to choose, with so many options… but perhaps something local to Japan would be a good start?

“How about omelet rice, then?” She asked. “Although, really anything is fine to me. I don’t fancy myself a picky eater.”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time: 12:32

Handling the envelope gingerly, Setsuko quietly procured a simple paper knife from her drawer while allowing Mirai to speak openly. She cut open the top of the envelope, slid the papers from inside it and let her eyes quickly scan through the various papers, old and new. However, even if she seemed to be reading, her attention was also clearly focused on the girl in front of her. The multitasking skills of doctors were nothing to sneeze at, apparently. However, for some strange reason, Setsuko set aside the money that had been slid into the envelope, eyeing it somewhat difficult expression on her face.

Setsuko's taciturn expression finally experienced some change when Mirai revealed the red branding to the somewhat chilly air of the hospital. Her eyes went wide and she leaned a bit forward, worry shining clear from her face. This was an expression of someone who routinely handled people's ills and ailments, yet never quite managed to distance herself from her patients, emotionally. It was also an expression that told something rather pessimistic: Setsuko was already prepared for heartache, thanks to this revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai
    “I just don’t know where I’m supposed to go, what I’m supposed to do. And you… you’re just so kind and I don’t have much to give… But if you think I’m dangerous, feel free to cut me off right now.”
    "Nonsense."

Setsuko set aside the papers from the envelope and nearly forcefully pushed the cup of tea in front of Mirai, urging her to drink it.

"Estrangement of bloodlines aside, I still think of you as family, Mirai-san. And as you know, I do not have much family left in this world. Therefore, I'd like to keep what family I do have safe and sound," Setsuko spoke sternly, eyes trained at Mirai's. "Whatever you need, if it's within my power, I shall give it. The last thing I need is to lose yet another friend and family member to this island."

To punctuate her words, Setsuko too a long sip from her cup of tea, smiling as warmth spread throughout her body. That smile was short-lived, unfortunately; when she put the cup down, her expression changed to that of steel and bitterness.

"As for what comes to that man, he knows why he's not welcome in the city proper. If I had my way, he'd move out of the island altogether," she spoke with quiet venom. "Let me warn you, Mirai-san. Whatever nostalgic memories you have of him, abandon them now. If you continue to affiliate with that man, he will simply cause your downfall."

Time: 08:55

Quote Originally Posted by Kirame
    “No no no! I don’t need that kind of hospitality. Hospitality is welcome, I’ll gladly accept, but not that kind. A meal, yeah, something more filling than burnt rice from a dusty, broken bowl. That’s the kind of hospitality I like. I’ll take that a hundred times over, that’s the kind of hospitality I could die for, so please…!”
    Bandaifueki answered this assortment of various reassurements with a cute little pout, clearly done only to drive the wedge into the boy even deeper. However, though momentarily the threat of being deflowered there and then hung over Kirame and his assailant, it seemed that even the mischievous blue-haired woman had understood that things would go nowhere if this were to continue. Therefore he shrugged heartily, giggled, and then offered her hand to Kirame.

"Alright, I understand. Maybe some other time, then?" she said with a warm smile. "Then again, I would not say no to enjoying a nice dinner with you either. Boys like you are a rarity on this island; one's that catch my interest, that is. But if you're in that much disarray, then I'm willing to wait. After all, they do say that Fuka-nee is nothing if not patient."

As she pulled Kirame up from the floor, Saishuki used this chance to snag the page of a book from between the blue-haired woman's bosom. She straightened it out against the table, before presenting it to Kirame after the boy had gotten his bearings. As it turned out, it really was a page from some book; journal, to be more precise. It talked something about the temple at the slopes of Mt. Fuyutsuki, and was riddled with odd symbols, letters and diagrams one could not make heads or tails out of.

"This is what I wanted you to take a look at, Kirame-dono", Saishuki said with a rather serious tone. "It is a page from a journal we came across while investigating the Maritime Museum of Tengetsu. It was hidden in one of the backrooms, but not even the employees could tell where the page had been originally found from, or how it had ended up here. Therefore, they gave it to us for safekeeping and research."

Putting her firm hand on Kirame's shoulder, Saishuki stared straight into the eyes. Both from the steel in her eyes and grip of her hand, the boy could feel the determination in the young leader.

"However, something tells me this might have much more to do with what you are involved in now, Kirame-dono."

Phase - Day 2/3
    Time - 12:05
    Day - January 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Delacroix
    "Hello? Anybody here? I was told to come here, I presume we have a mutual friend?"
    Standing there, in the cold noon air and in the middle of the snowy landscape, Delacroix's shout went unnoticed by both humans and local wildlife. Indeed, it seemed that nothing else but the man himself was moving in this white emptiness. The only break from the monotony was indeed the slope of the forested mountain rising ever upwards, the stairs that cut it in half, and the city that shined in the distance like a star in the snow. The more he stared at the scenery, the more it began to creep into Delacroix's mind that perhaps there really was no one to hear his forlorn shout; and that a climb up those blasted stairs was required.

That is, at least until a white-clad, small figure walked right past him, her footfalls masked completely by the snowy bed covering the land.

"..."

It was a strange sight to be sure. First of all, how had this minuscule miko of a girl gone completely unnoticed by him? Sure, she was small. Sure, she made nary a sound. But shouldn't her presence had entered Delacroix's mind long before she was right there besides him. Not to mention that this frail-looking girl was wearing a blindfold and carrying what seemed like a wicker-basket covered with linen cloth, with absolutely irresistible fragrance of freshly-made nikuman floating from it. All these things combined, she should have let out enough sounds and smells to be noticed before her sudden appearance.

"Ah."

And now the girl is 'looking' at Delacroix. That is, her mouth is hanging slightly ajar and she has directed her blind stare towards his general direction, like a child caught stealing cookies from a jar. Then, with deliberately slow movement, she hid the basket behind her small back (failing to conceal it whatsoever) and coughed in her balled fist very matter-of-factly.

"W-Welcome, Master. To the Yamaichi Shrine."

Time: 13:37

The air inside the museum was heavy and stagnant, hanging like dusty drapes over a heavy-duty window. Before Caster opened a world of wooden door frames, floors and walls, twisting and turning into an arrangement of rooms after rooms connected by small corridors. From what he could see, both these rooms and these corridors were lined with tables, stands and frames on the walls. Each of them held either a piece from some old forgotten sea-faring tale, or a picture depicting a 'famous' incident from the island's history. The small voice in Caster's minds helped him understand that most of these things were from long after his time, relics of a war known as Second World War. Pictures of U-Boats, military vessels and war heroes were numerous, after all.

The strange thing, however, was that when Caster looked around, he saw no indication that the ghostly apparition he had been following was even there. Indeed, there was no sign of the white child. Either it had ran deeper into the building, or then it simply had finally vanished. Was this some sort of home base for it? Was it here that the spirit could finally become one with the land again? ... Or was it simply hiding behind one door or another, childishly bating her breath to hide from the monk?

Nevertheless, that did not mean that the museum was empty. Indeed, another child-like figure could be seen, and heard, in the room just ahead from the entrance. She seemed to be complaining to another person.

"Grrr! T'ain't fair! Papa's busy again with those foreign weirdoes! Why doesn't he pay any attention to me and instead forces me to go to some crummy museum with you!?" the girl dressed in rather elegant clothes, with purple eyes and black hair, fumed. For her efforts, she got swatted on top of her head by the other person.

A woman in a wheelchair, of all people.

"Shut it, you over-coddled brat! Your father's got some important business to attend, you know? Can't have nuisances like you running around," she scolded her with a gruff voice. "Now enjoy the culture or whatever. Or just sit there and complain, I don't care. I'm being paid to look after you, not to make sure Little Miss Perfect is entertained."

Saying these harsh words, the woman in the wheelchair pushed herself little away from the tantrum-throwing child. This brunette of a woman, her hair up in spiky ponytail, seemed to have no patience whatsoever for the admittedly rich-looking child. Enough so, that she just groaned when the girl stomped her feet, tears forming in her eyes.

"Not fair, not fair, not fair!" the girl complained, gritting her teeth together. Then, with a quieter voice, she continued. "Kimari's gonna make you pop..."

"Huh? Whazzat, brat?"

"Pop! Kimari's gonna make you pop!" the girl shouted, looking like she was trying to blow up the wheelchair-bound lady via the power of her mind.

... Something that, as expected, had no other effect than making the woman laugh.

Blog Entries
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Time: 10:16

I led Invoker and I through paths that Sen-chan and I used to wander through in our childhood. It was occasionally harder to tell with me using landmarks ten years old. A rock pointing to the sky. A tree bridge over a small stream. They were distinct things that didn't change but eventually I hit a point where I couldn't find any more landmarks for me to follow. Whether it was from me forgetting or the landmarks changing didn't matter. I couldn't go any further without help. However, I wasn't alone. I had Invoker with me and more importantly I was a miko who communicated with the gods. Instead of doing something like pulling out a map or cell phone like a normal person, I went to an open area suitable and stood in the middle of it.

Then I started to do a kagura dance dedicated to Omoikane, the Shinto god of Wisdom and Intelligence. I don't know how long I did it for, but I kept going until Invoker and I noticed the god's guidance on where to find Sen-chan.

Wise-Up!
    Kiyoko Miyamoto
    Stats:
    STR: ???
    END: ???
    AGI: ???
    ABI: ???
    PRA: A

Spells
    Omoikane’s Guidance (Rank D) 4 AP
    A kagura dance that asks for the God of Wisdom’s advice on something. This is commonly used when Kiyoko feels lost or needs to find something. Depending on what is troubling her, the advice could range from a map rolling conveniently to her to completely vague without certain info.

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 08:57

Could the battle finally be over? The slender hand of Bandaifueki that helped Kirame to his feet came down to him like a consolation prize to the defeated. As thoroughly destroyed as his pride was seeing those fingers offered to him, he would suffer even worse to refuse. As the defeated, his life was the victors to treat as she saw fit.

But that didn’t stop Kirame from eying a nearby kitchen knife across the bar and consider stabbing himself in the hand with it.

“A-another time.” Resisting, the broken man choked out something close to an agreement of sorts to accept Fuka-nee’s offer of dinner. A sinking feeling plunged deep into the pit of his stomach as he steeled himself for the fate he had accidentally agreed to resign himself to. Profound regret washed over his disdain for burnt rice served in dusty, chipped bowls.

The steel-eyed eternal cherry-boy would take a thousand of Artificer’s breakfasts over an evening with this siren. Were only she to look at him with eyes far colder, her fingers clutching a blade rather than offering him food. That kind of hospitality he could handle.

"This is what I wanted you to take a look at, Kirame-dono"

This hospitality, too, he could handle. Following Saishuki’s lead, Kirame turned his attention to the paper that she had snatched from a place he’d prefer to not think too much about.

"It is a page from a journal we came across while investigating the Maritime Museum of Tengetsu. It was hidden in one of the backrooms, but not even the employees could tell where the page had been originally found from, or how it had ended up here. Therefore, they gave it to us for safekeeping and research."

As Saishuki explained the origins of the paper the Ryougi’s eyes scanned over its strange contents. Reading what parts were clearly legible, as well as giving a modest inspection of the parts that could only be described as complete nonsense and scribbles, Kirame nodded along with what he read, picturing the temple as he saw it the previous night. At the very least he agreed with the writer, that the towering miko is suspicious. If not outright untrustworthy.

A powerful hand fell upon Kirame’s shoulder, full of strength, both of body and mind, and drew his thoughts solely back to its owner.

"However, something tells me this might have much more to do with what you are involved in now, Kirame-dono."

Meeting those steel eyes, Kirame nodded. From her response to the sight of his Command Seals, the brands he used to introduce himself, the Ryougi had hastily made the assumption that the woman he had come to meet was largely ignorant of his side of the world. But in this moment he evaluated that assessment.

“It seems you’re the type that understands more than you truly know.” And, without a moment’s hesitation, voiced his renewed image of Saishuki, words of praise that didn’t sound the part. It wasn’t as though his understanding and knowledge of such matters was particularly profound or greater than hers. It was likely that she knew far more than he, but at the very least, he understood one thing. Placing his finger on the paper, over the sentence about the Bounded Field surrounding the mountain, Kirame continued. “Servants, as powerful as they are, are a type of spirit. It’s likely no coincidence that this Field surrounds the mountain.”

Moving his finger over to the sideways written ‘priestess’ on the left side of the paper, Kirame tapped the piece of parchment.

“Perhaps it’s because I followed the Winding Path, but when I visited the Shrine last night to announce my participation to the war’s supervisor I couldn’t sense such a ward.” With his other hand Kirame pulled from his pocket a pair of letters. Leaving them folded, Kirame continued. “If the Field is powerful enough to truly prevent entry from any and all spirits, including Servants, that alone is enough to give me reason to distrust the shrine. With that Servant as her watchdog, there’s no reason that miko would need such a Field for protection. If what’s written here is true I find it very strange.”

For uncovering mysteries and diving into the unknown, speculating into the oddities of the world, in many cases even a normal person leading an average life would be more desirable as an asset than Kirame. But when it came to examining the logistics of martial matters, even he could be perceptive enough to spot abnormality. Or rather, even he could be roused to put his mind to use for something other than swinging swords or receiving free food.

Finally, Kirame unfolded the pair of letters, and laid them out beside the paper.

“The…,” the Ryougi squinted at the strange symbols and other scribbles on the journal excerpt, “rest aside, without doubt there’s more to this ‘Grail War’ ritual than the supervisor lets on. Whether she knows it or not.”

Tapping the first letter with his index finger, Kirame turned to Saishuki again, directing her steel eyes to the contents, rather than him.

“Soon after these brands appeared I received this letter. I assumed the supervisor sent it, but I can’t be sure, and I don’t think it matters either. It’s the second letter that I received afterward that’s the problem.” Pulling his hand back, Kirame crossed his arms over his chest, for once looking to be capable of introspection. “At first I brushed it aside as the ravings of a madman, but perhaps it’s more than that.”

As he continued, Kirame relayed the opinions and suspicions the mayor had voiced regarding the letters, the likelihood of two different parties, that the current Holy Grail War isn’t the first such ritual to take place on Tengetsu, that the sender resided on the island.

“Normally, I would pay no mind to something like this. But if there’s a chance that the sender of this letter might interfere with my battle, it’s something that should be taken care of.” Glancing downward, at the sheathed katana leaning against his chair, Kirame spoke in a grave voice. “Before it becomes a problem greater than insults written on a piece of paper.”

Blog Entries
    Shimamura Mirai
    Time: 12:32

"As for what comes to that man, he knows why he's not welcome in the city proper. If I had my way, he'd move out of the island altogether," she spoke with quiet venom. "Let me warn you, Mirai-san. Whatever nostalgic memories you have of him, abandon them now. If you continue to affiliate with that man, he will simply cause your downfall."
    “Eh?”

While I’m quite grateful for her doing whatever she can to help accommodate me for my untimely intrusion, I can’t help but be surprised. They were never that distant before, were they? No, something like that would have been etched into my mind, for brother and sister to fall apart like that. It strikes me as incredibly and sadly tragic.

Should I ask? Is that too much? Sensei, while still a bully and generally an unpleasant jerk, he didn’t… He didn’t seem capable of doing something that would earn Setsuko’s hatred like this, right? If he was one of those people, would he still really have the audacity to treat me nicely and tell me who was in charge of the hospital?

It’s all so confusing. The only thing clear is that Setsuko hates Sensei, and doesn’t want me to associate with him. And… that’s a bit much for me. I can’t be that cold to any of my relatives, even if they are associated with necromancers or—

…Maybe that’s the reason? I… I can’t believe that slipped my mind during the conversation I had with him, but now that I think about it, maybe that’s the cause? I have to be sure.

“If it’s not… If it’s not too intrusive, can you tell me what happened between you two…?”

Blog Entries
    Time: 13:07

Finding a store, especially in Tengetsu, was not always easy. Mostly because just about every local store saw no need to advertise themselves beyond their name and possibly some latest items they got in stock. This was because of the location, as usually was the case. Such small city, not to mention an island, didn't see much in the shape of change or newcomers. Even tourists more often than not were accompanied by those who were returning offendees to visiting the place. So everyone knew where to go when they wanted something.

... Which left Xander in something of a pickle.

Luckily, his fervent search eventually paid off. After wandering for quite a bit around the city, draped in afternoon glow of cold winter, he was able to spot a store that seemed to advertise quite a bit of things, ranging from tea sets to various knick-knacks one could use when hiking. So, taking that as his target, the budding Master headed inside to the two-story building made out of weathered bricks.

Inside, he saw a veritable wonderland of assorted chaos. All sorts of things, most the type that wouldn't be sold in any other store, lay cluttered about on shelves and tables. Here a wicker doll, there a gas canister, up a radio, down a skateboard. Unless he was going to go and try to locate yet another store, this seemed like the best bet for Xander right now.

The only problem was, it seemed that the owner and clerk of the shop, an old man with heavy frown and a smoking cigarette on his lips, was engaged in an animate conversation with a woman dressed in vaguely Chinese, and very red, attire.

"I'm sorry, Chi. You know I can't possibly part with-" the man, his gravely voice exhausted, tried to explain, but he was cut off by the woman very quickly.

"Nonsense! I'm a customer, and you've had that old knife on sale since forever!" she exclaimed in a huff. "Sure it might not look like much, but I'm sure he'll be excited to see it!"

Time: 06:53

Quote Originally Posted by Saver
    “How about omelet rice, then? Although, really anything is fine to me. I don’t fancy myself a picky eater.”
    Zenko offered Saver a quiet nod of affirmation, seemingly satisfied with the young woman's choice.

"Very good. Unlike Mistress, you seem to have understanding of how normal people should yet," she commented, putting away the dishes she had picked up. "Why, I think it was last summer that she started to get a hankering on pass-"

"Oh, come on!" Tetora chuckled and patted the table, her infectious grin aimed at Saver. "Something like omelet rice can be eaten at any ol' diner down in the city! Hmm... how's 'bout we cook ourselves some Ishikari-nabe, huh? Been forever since we got some new faces around here, and I guess we ain't given Homura a proper welcome yet... alright! Zenko!"

The maid of the household heaved a heavy sigh, and pointed her annoyed glare towards the striped woman.

"We'll be having a nabe hotpot night today!" Tetora announced proudly. "Cancel all other appointments!"

"Like you have any other appointments..." the maid grumbled quietly.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Xander Stone
    Time: 13:07

Xander looked around the clutter of the shop, searching desperately for something resembling order or organization. Unlike America, this store had no helpful signs at the top of each aisle saying what was where, and there didn’t appear to be any clerks either. The wares themselves were also of no aid; beach balls sat next to textbooks leaning against guitars nested behind...

Was that a voodoo doll?

Sighing, Xander walked forward. If he couldn’t figure out where climbing supplies were himself, then he’d need the aid of a manager, or maybe even the owner. Up ahead would be a customer service desk of some sort; well, more accurately a cashier’s desk - at any rate, the person Xander was looking for.

Xander heard the woman long before he saw her. The bright red dress was certainly eye-catching, but her animated speech overwhelmed any other impressions he might have had. The flustered man behind the counter was likely who Xander was searching for, but he was definitely busy at the moment. Xander frowned, listening for a moment to the two talk. It’s rather rude, but I don’t have a lot of time after how it took to find this place. He opened his mouth, shut it, chewed on a lip, and took a deep breath.

“Um, excuse me. Sorry to interrupt you, but I wanted to know if you had any climbing supplies and emergency materials and such.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Assassin
    Phase - Day 2/3
    Time - 12:05
    Day - January 13th

"You are frightening her, Master."

A quiet whisper in the snowy pathway to the shrine. A sudden shift in space and a horrid dark wretch of a "hero" distorts the peaceful entrance of the Shinto shrine. Assassin's unnatural ebony frame stands apart from his Master and the little shrine girl like a smear of tar smothering a valuable piece of art. Assassin did not belong here on these alien yet distinctly holy grounds. Though this holy place was not of the cloth of the Messianic Shepherd, Assassin could feel the disturbance of his distorted soul as he and his Master stood on the threshold of this place of worship. Compared to the Christian sea vessel docked in the harbor, this Shrine was not adorned with the protection and guidance of Him, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Yet Assassin gazed hesitantly at the winding staircase up the mountain path and at the old shrine perched at the top.

Inside Assassin feels the rays of a brilliant Sun, hidden behind a firmament of ice and clouds. A beneath that, settled in the confines of the ancient shrine worshiping a deity unknown to him, Assassin feels the heavy gaze of eyes watching all of the mountain. Hidden eyes and waiting claws ready to ensnare and punish.

Eyes currently watching the two intruders: Mister Delacroix and Assassin.

Without warning, Assassin bends the knee and stretches out his arm with his other across his chest. His head down, a low murmur creeps from his mouth.

"This one is humbled to be in your presence and requests on the behalf of his... Master. May we have permission to enter?"

The words carry up the stony snow-covered stairs on wintry wings.

Kneeling in front of the perplexed and witless girl, anyone would presume that the Old Man had gone senile with his odd motions and nonsense blathering. But even a bastard spirit like Assassin knew well enough when certain precautions and manners were necessary.

------------
    Wise-up!
    ??? - Assassin has the ability to sense ???

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Time: 13:37

The old monk blinked owlishly, crinkling his large and watery blue eyes. He had come here tracking a spirit, yet this was a place which seemed entirely devoid of spirit, let alone spirits.

Yet Caster knew that both were present. That might be considered an analogue for the whole of Tengetsu.

Still, when he had entered, he had half expected to enter a new realm, one in which black shadows crossed the boundaries between life and death. What he found..well, it was a museum. A place where scholars attempted to reconnect with the past, Caster still felt the Grudge he has sensed before...but now it seemed more oblique. Not gone, but the difference between a snake reared to strike and one sunning itself on the grass. Both were dangerous to pick up, but one showed its fangs more readily.

Caster had been prepared to follow his instincts and choose a path at random when something caught his ear. Indeed, the sounds that carried through the museum informed him of one elemental fact, a truth more bedrock then any of the mysteries all over this island, one simple, undeniable principle.

"Whiny brats are the same, no matter where you are...!" Caster growled, making no effort to hide himself or his voice.

"I came here seeking someone who ran away, but now I feel pity instead for that creature. If I had to listen to this drivel for more then a moment, I suppose I would run away too!" Caster intoned, casting a decidedly unfriendly glare towards the arguing pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Time: 12:34

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai
    “If it’s not… If it’s not too intrusive, can you tell me what happened between you two…?”
    Setsuko went to take another sip of her tea, but pulled back. Had the tea gone cold? Impossible, as steam still rose from the cup, as well as the one placed in front of Mirai. Perhaps she simply no longer enjoyed the taste, or saw something in the reflection of the liquid that made her hesitate. Nevertheless, the young doctor set aside the cup and turned to look at the snowy landscape outside. From the highest floor of the hospital, one could see far into the city, and the barren wilderness beyond it.

"His obsession, as usual. I have tolerated it to the best of my ability, but if thing have escalated to the point that he would rather choose his own research and writings than help his own little sister, then I have no one in this world I can call a brothe--!" Setsuko's voice quickly rose to a fever pitch, and she clenched her hand into a fist so tight her knuckles grew white.

Just as quickly, however, she caught her own agitation. Forcing herself to breathe slow once more, she spent good five seconds on calming down. Once she was ready, she turned to look at Mirai. Once more, a taciturn expression crowned Setsuko's face.

"He knows what he has done. I'm sorry, Mirai, but I have no desire to speak of this topic any more."

Time: 08:59

Quote Originally Posted by Kirame
    “Soon after these brands appeared I received this letter. I assumed the supervisor sent it, but I can’t be sure, and I don’t think it matters either. It’s the second letter that I received afterward that’s the problem. At first I brushed it aside as the ravings of a madman, but perhaps it’s more than that. Normally, I would pay no mind to something like this. But if there’s a chance that the sender of this letter might interfere with my battle, it’s something that should be taken care of. Before it becomes a problem greater than insults written on a piece of paper.”
    Saishuki nodded as she poured over the letters.

"As unfortunate as it is, sometimes being a madman does not prevent one from telling the truth. One would do well to be wary of even most insane words, for they might contain a warning," she quietly spoke, her eyes hopping from letter to letter on the paper. "As for what comes to the first letter, I have been in correspondence with the tall shrine maiden of the mountain. If I am not completely mistaken, this is her handwriting. And even that is easily confirmed, if need be. What comes to the second letter..."

She put her finger to her chin, her dark eyes deep in thought. As her mind wandered and her thoughts attacked the contents of the letter, Saishuki edged closer and closer to the paper. This had the unfortunate effect of bringing her, also, closer and closer to Kirame, until her cheek was mere inch away from his, side-by-side. Her quiet breathing was controlled and trained, like that of a soldier, and the young woman's fragrance was mixed with gun oil and steel. Unconsciously, she put her hand on Kirame's shoulder as she finally gave an affirmative nod.

"There is perhaps one person on this island that might help you see who wrote this letter. An eccentric scholar, Dr. Ochemond, lives here in Tengetsu. A hermit, really," she spoke. "He has a habit of collecting old letters and such, and archiving them. If you could gain access to his archive to compare this handwriting to those of the old letters and papers, maybe you could find a match there?"

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Kirame
    Time: 09:02

For the first time, Kirame realized that Saishuki was indeed, despite her temperament, a woman. Even though her countenance entranced him with the image of the modern warrior, as she held herself a hair’s breadth from himself, he came to face the grim reality that he wished to escape. At the current distance between her cheeks and his she could undoubtedly feel the rise in temperature coming from him as a red flourish, once again, washed over his complexion.

Chancing fate, Kirame let his eyes rise up to stare into hers.

A falling sensation came over him, as if he had tumbled into whatever void, as dark as her eyes, her silence had cast him into. It took every fiber of his strength to stay upright, to keep his mouth shut, but in the endless freefall he found that strength fading. Completely and utterly, the Ryougi was lost. As he fell to his death, he cursed his life, and the him that had been born incomplete, without the necessary components to talk to the fabled ‘opposite sex.’

A sad end to meet, but sure enough, the life of Ryougi Kirame concluded as the soldier placed her arm upon his shoulder.

The feeling was like emerging from being submerged in frozen water, breaking the surface and suddenly being able to breathe again. There was a rush of wind, but no such breeze blew within the wooden walls of Kyuutou Bokushu.

“An eccentric, hermit scholar.” Kirame answered back, returning to the seat that he never left. It surprised him that he even caught Saishuki’s words, processing them in full despite himself, but even robbed of his connection to the world around him, his senses, his ears, still remained. “It seems my days and nights here will be full of needlessly eccentric men.”

The fresh memory of his Servant's face as he offered him a fork this morning flashed through Kirame’s mind as he spoke those words, appearing and disappearing as suddenly and vibrantly as a firework in an otherwise cloudless, dark sky.

“Then I will meet with this Dr. Ochemond.” Speaking as though it was already decided that the aforementioned hermit would agree to help him, Kirame turned his inquiry toward Saishuki. “Where can I find him?”