Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinji Matou and the Heirs of Slytherin (HP/FSN CYOA)

Looks like we're getting a mix of Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban. Yay for ripple effects!

Let's see... I sort of want to give it to Touko, but she either might be more amused or more annoyed at a similarly cursed artifact meant to corrupt and kill. Besides, it's probably not best to put all the apples in one basket, so to say.

Sokaris I think would recognize the feeling of the book as emitted from Quirrel(?). Also, it would help us keep her close to the loop of one of the main central conflicts (the other being TATARI). Maybe she would discover something Touko couldn't/didn't, and vice versa, so they can compare notes. I at least trust the book in their care than through Snape/Dumbledore and ending up back at Hogwarts. AKA "the place that is never safe any year that Harry Potter attended."

And since Harry always wanted to meet Shinji's home, why not visit?

[X] Sokaris
    [X] Fuyuki (Redacted)

(EDIT: [X] Kyoto)
    Last edited by Kishou the Badger; February 24th, 2015 at 04:48 AM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Why not give it to Snape. He should know more than anyone what it's all about.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    [x]Sion
    [x]Fuyuki
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's too simple and clear. It definitely can't be the right answer.
    It has to be something that makes no sense at all so we can say that Nasu is wrong.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arsdraconis View Post
    Or you can get past the notion of them being some kind of animal species that cares about geographical location and climate condition, and focus more on the fact that in this fusion with Nasuverse would likely place them as some sort of phantasmal species or conceptual existence and the likes, and given what they represent, I can't imagine any established magical culture not having any way to deal with it.
    I never stated they were animals or anything organic for that matter. Simply that there hasn't been any sightings of them over in Japan. And just because a being is phantasmal doesn't mean that it won't typically stay in one geographical location anyway.

Beside, if lorewise a single spell can both deal with two dark species, it's kinda hard to think that Onmyoudo would have nothing like it considering the practitioner deals with youkais of all kind.
    I'm not saying that it's impossible for onmyoudo to handle dementors, I'm just stating there's likely to be no known method of dealing with them using such craft.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    I'll vote for Snape and Fuyuki. Sion would be my second choice though. Makes me wonder what is in Kyoto though. It seems kind of like an odd choice since the other two are pretty clear in why they would visit there.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    I'll vote for Snape and Fuyuki. Sion would be my second choice though. Makes me wonder what is in Kyoto though. It seems kind of like an odd choice since the other two are pretty clear in why they would visit there.
    Well, the City of Ten Thousand Shrines is pretty much right outside Mahoutokoro. It is something worth visiting, if you haven't been there before, and if you're going to show Harry around, it might make sense to show him the grandeur of an ancient city, as opposed to the backwater of Fuyuki
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; February 24th, 2015 at 02:09 AM.

One could always save that kind of trip for later and further impress Harry later, yes? He might be interested to see a city that just hides magic in plain sight and co-exist more naturally than create entire magic-hidden alleyways or a city full of magic. He's seen enough of either extreme already both growing up (absence of magic) and from his letter to Hogwarts (abundance).

And if nothing else, Harry can say he'll get to visit Shinji's home town, despite how Shinji himself feels about it. I say that's nice enough in itself.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Sion would be my second choice though.
    I'm fairly sure that this CYOA uses a First-Past-the-Post system rather than Single-Transferrable-Vote, probably to not overwhelm the author with more complicated voting every time.

Harry knows of Shinji's relationship with his family, and for all intent and purpose the Magi is considered as muggles by the wizardkin while Magus looked down on wizardkin in general. I honestly doubt there is anything that they can really do in Fuyuki without it being awkward for everyone involved.

Meanwhile, Mahoutokoro is a world of wonder that pretty much changed Shinji's view in life, while Kyoto is a display of an entirely new culture to Harry, both of them is a far better option than Fuyuki

Fair point... I'll edit my vote above to Kyoto if only to change it up and see something new. Though considering the digest of the Philosopher's Stone votes and what impact each choice made, I'm sure there's a reason and event for all these places, including Fuyuki that could bring long-term effects.
    Last edited by Kishou the Badger; February 24th, 2015 at 04:50 AM.

I wouldn't doubt it, but I don't think Fuyuki is really an appropriate place to bring a foreign friend for first time sightseeing in the country is all.

Consider what Fuyuki mean to Shinji. It's a place of his past, his life before knowing the gift of magic he possessed, his life when he was just a disgrace, a failure. There is no fond memories in that city, and even the people everyone wants to meet so much is barely an acquaintance with Shinji.

It's a place he would consider bringing Sion to, but not Harry, at least not at this stage of their relationship. Fuyuki shows Shinji's life before he become who he is today, and frankly that's not a mask he'd be willing to unveil to anyone but Sion at this point.
    Last edited by arsdraconis; February 24th, 2015 at 05:08 AM.

The Knight That Swims Through The Night Silver Winged King's Avatar
    [X] Give tge dairy to Sion.
    [X] Take Harry to Kyoto.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Thedoctor's Avatar
    I wouldn't doubt it, but I don't think Fuyuki is really an appropriate place to bring a foreign friend for first time sightseeing in the country is all.

Consider what Fuyuki mean to Shinji. It's a place of his past, his life before knowing the gift of magic he possessed, his life when he was just a disgrace, a failure. There is no fond memories in that city, and even the people everyone wants to meet so much is barely an acquaintance with Shinji.

It's a place he would consider bringing Sion to, but not Harry, at least not at this stage of their relationship. Fuyuki shows Shinji's life before he become who he is today, and frankly that's not a mask he'd be willing to unveil to anyone but Sion at this point.
    Shinji seems to have overcome the trauma associated with it, I don't really see him relapsing. If they go to Fuyuki Shinji could also show him that having a family isn't always a good thing.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    [X] Give the book to Snape.

Not sure about which place yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Alf, I didn’t have a chance to comment on the story in the last thread. Good job overall. What people didn’t realize about that list of alternate routes is that it was only the tip of the iceberg; each one would have led to additional changes so I bet if we had pursued one there would be things you wouldn’t have even considered happening, even though you plot out the general course of the adventure. So really it’s hard to tell what else we missed out on.

Another important thing was how reliably and quickly you were updating. Delays kill threads like these.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

[ ] Send it to Sion - Atlas is known for its mastery of artifacts, and Sokaris would probably work out what this can do
    [ ] Show him around Kyoto - impress him with the grandeur of one of Japan's oldest cities during Festival season

Also: Anyone else notice that the chapter on here is different from the one on FF.net? Is this a new thing or have I just missed it till now?
    Last edited by Cassius; February 24th, 2015 at 02:51 PM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Also: Anyone else notice that the chapter on here is different from the one on FF.net? Is this a new thing or have I just missed it till now?
    No, it should be the same. I've retroactively put in the changes in Snape's section. This just tends to be the one I put up first, and sometimes I put in a little bit after when I'm doing formatting on FF.net

[X] Give it to Professor Snape
    [X] Show him around Fuyuki

It's mostly for the sake of me trying to wring out more Rin into the story before we go back to Hogwarts
    Last edited by Megas; February 24th, 2015 at 03:24 PM.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    RIP rin route

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    RIP rin route
    I will always support the Rin route, no matter how dead it is.

At the very least I can try to hook her up with someone else

- - - Updated - - -

Like Luvia

- - - Updated - - -

Or shirou, or Harry

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, now that I've thought of it, maybe I also want to see Ruby team up with the twins, if Ruby can somehow find Hogwarts
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    RIP rin route
    It's amazing how little I care about Rin in this fic.

Like, I practically anti-care about Rin.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Sion being multiple years older than an ostensibly 11-year old Shinji makes the Sion route skeevy.

Vagrant, do you have room on your ship?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3