Page 1 of 22 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanfic Contest 2015 Edition, Judging Thread

Blog Entries

Fanfic Contest 2015 Edition, Judging Thread

Hey folks this shall be the thread for the judging of the fanfic contest of 2015.

As of now the judges are:

• Milbunk
    • Darkpulse
    • RR121
    • I3uster

The judging itself is as follows:

• Artistry (30 Points): Everything that contributes to the enjoyment of the story. How did a fic make a judge feel? Emotional impact. Flow. Beautiful language. Engagement. In the case of lemons, how hot the pairing and events are. Does the fic connect with readers? Remember, a story is more than just a piece of technical writing!
    • Characterization (25 Points): Faithfulness to the source material (accounting for OCs/AUs). Accuracy in character mannerisms, thoughts, and speech. Realistic reactions to a given situation. Essentially, is this really a Type-Moon fanfic, or just a story with characters named the same? Would the characters have plausibly acted as they did in these circumstances? Do the rules of the world actually work? For Original Characters and AUs, do they make sense? Do they blend in seamlessly with regular Nasuverse characters/concepts?
    • Setting (20 Points): Are you going to set it in tried-and-true Nasuverse places, or are you going to put it somewhere new? How believeable is your depiction? How well does the location feel like it fits into the Nasuverse? Does it feel like it's connected to his world, or does it feel like it's just existing?
    • Technical (15 Points): This is basically how good your grammar and punctuation are, and if you can follow the rules of the language. Clean (understandable!) sentences, well-structured paragraphs, and clear writing will all help your score here. Most people should get a pretty high score in this as long as you make sure to have your fics read through and checked for errors.
    • Uniqueness (10 Points): What sets your fic apart from the rest of the pack (or general TM fanfiction)? Plot, character focus, a future world, a certain je ne sais quoi... what did you dare to attempt? Did it make the fic better... or worse?

Now, because of the limited amount of entries this year I will not be saying which category any of these are in, you'll have to figure that out on your own. I will also be releasing them into one thread rather than the traditional one per category.

Also, I will not be giving out prizes per category, rather, there will be five places author's can make with the first place getting first choice of the prizes and the second getting second choice and etc. The bottom two entries will not be winning anything unfortunately.

I'll have the entries up shortly so get ready for the fun!

Official Reviews:

Milbunk:

Guest Reviews:

ItsaRandomUsername:

Frostyvale:

Last edited by Milbunk; March 9th, 2015 at 05:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Fun hyuudesuno.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yadda yadda prepare for judging, tearing new assholes, im hardcore, etc.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    yadda yadda prepare for judging, tearing new assholes, im hardcore, etc.
    Meowth, that's right
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    im keeping up the tradition okay

Blog Entries
    Hmm I just realized a small issue, I can only post entries once every ten minutes or else they will all merge into one giant mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    Hmm I just realized a small issue, I can only post entries once every ten minutes or else they will all merge into one giant mess.
    not if we interupt the posts

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    im keeping up the tradition okay
    You don't even speak english how are you a judge?

I'm almost done! D: Can I still submit it at the very least?
    Quote Originally Posted by Korburss View Post
    Frank you Franco and the Franking pun of bull you rode in on.

One true OTP...

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Someone be designated post-divider.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    I don't think you need to designate anyone to shit post.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    You don't even speak english how are you a judge?
    Realtalk I'M probably going to be really forgiving on the technical score by necessity, but I think I can handle the rest.

You can always get someone to post between each fic and then delete the posts??

Blog Entries
    Yeah I'll do that, sorry for the delay was doing some last minute author cleansing from the stories. And franco if you want to post it now is the time, I'll give you the next hour or so otherwise I'm gonna give you a penalty.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I'll do that, sorry for the delay was doing some last minute author cleansing from the stories. And franco if you want to post it now is the time, I'll give you the next hour or so otherwise I'm gonna give you a penalty.
    Author cleansing?

Are you censoring things, or just removing people's names?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Oppression.

Blog Entries
    Just removing names, but I also have to format some of the stories to better fit inside BL's format, anyways first one is up as always if there are any issues just give me a pm and I'll fix it back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever just emailed me that wonderful masterpiece, as I said with Leo's attempt at an entry this year and as I'll say again please don't send troll entries like that it just earns an eyebrow raise and a message like this.

Blog Entries
    Whoever just emailed me that wonderful masterpiece, as I said with Leo's attempt at an entry this year and as I'll say again please don't send troll entries like that it just earns an eyebrow raise and a message like this.
    uh I wasn't lying buddy