Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 131821222324252833 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Voice Project

I've had more than my fair share of a break as it is. Don't worry I'll be fine.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Mesopotamia's King Gilgamesh_maximaster's Avatar
    Mesopotamia's Throne(Viņa del mar, chile)
    How is ths project going?
    how much time we have to wait to read HA with voices TT.TT
    you are great guys doing this

The Vita has now been hacked, allowing decryption and extraction of Vita game files. There are already mods out for some games.

I'm wondering how this would affect the voice project. If voice files from the game can be easily extracted, that would be great...

Blog Entries
    They were already doing that, since even before this hack it was possible to decrypt files on older Vitas.

That loop...

The Vita has been completed hacked now? I didn't think we had gotten to the point that more could be done than taking things like the voice files or something. Granted I know next to nothing about the intricacies of hacking/emulating/patching. That stuff is way above my computer paygrade sadly. I can fix some codecs and a few other technical stuff but not that.

So is there any chance of seeing full translations on Capsule Servants then? I know we can't exactly get a patch for that since it's Vita specific but knowing what the story (slim though it may be) and the status screens mean would be fun.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

I doesnt need to be fully hacked, as far as this project goes, as long as they can extract the files from the disc image, everything is fine with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer214 View Post
    The Vita has been completed hacked now? I didn't think we had gotten to the point that more could be done than taking things like the voice files or something. Granted I know next to nothing about the intricacies of hacking/emulating/patching. That stuff is way above my computer paygrade sadly. I can fix some codecs and a few other technical stuff but not that.
    It was opened up 3 weeks ago, and now users can easily install homebrew software and extract (and replace!) data from Vita games (there's already an undub patch for Persona 4: Golden). In theory, people could make translation patches for Japanese-only games, but the Vita's lack of popularity means that probably won't happen very often.

When I heard about the Vita being hacked, I remembered about this project and got pretty excited, thinking it would be a big breakthrough; but it seems that that's not the case ;^;
    Last edited by Mystery Tempest; August 21st, 2016 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Tempest View Post
    It was opened up 3 weeks ago, and now users can easily install homebrew software and extract (and replace!) data from Vita games (there's already an undub patch for Persona 4: Golden). In theory, people could make translation patches for Japanese-only games, but the Vita's lack of popularity means that probably won't happen very often.

When I heard about the Vita being hacked, I remembered about this project and got pretty excited, thinking it would be a big breakthrough; but it seems that that's not the case ;^;
    It was a breakthrough, but they started working with game dumps some while ago, so, the hype train already left

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Tempest View Post
    In theory, people could make translation patches for Japanese-only games, but the Vita's lack of popularity means that probably won't happen very often.

Or the lack of popularity in English-speaking countries at least. The Vita is popular in Japan, but that doesn't help interest in translation projects.

Statistically speaking, would it really be a huge loss if they were to localize more Japanese games to the rest of the world? I'm not thinking of Spanish, Portuguese or anything like that, just Japanese audio and text + English subtitles

Blog Entries
    Actually after the voice insertion is done, a relatively simple script could convert the scripts back to the vita format.
    I'll look into it after we finish with the voice insertion. So yeah, still gonna take time :P

Are the Vita OPs floating around out there somewhere? I mean like in the original quality. Not re-encoded or anything.

So the Vita scene just blew up over the last couple of days and the game's dump is already available (won't link to it for obvious reasons). In terms of file structure it's different from the PC version (and has a lot of .mrg files), so I don't think we can just shove the PC patch in and make it work (which was expected).

In terms of the OPs, here you go, straight from the source (960x544 obviously):
    ******************#!uZ01GA5B!uBCDl1oeJ...V-zfQC7KFt8_0o

Actually we still need the 1.02 updates dump, the updates dump can not work for cartridge.
    If you have digital version, please help us. Thank you very much

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryrin View Post
    Are the Vita OPs floating around out there somewhere? I mean like in the original quality. Not re-encoded or anything.
    I found this (1280x720 but there is some scenes, in start and end of video, which should be cut-off):
    But I still can't find OP2 (holLow wORlD) with same quality as this.
    edit: I wonder about it is ok to post this link due to forum rules, so I give you my e-mail instead of that. If you want download link, just e-mail me or give me your e-mail.
    If anyone want it, can pm me on beast's lair for get my e-mail adress.
    Last edited by Raxzero; September 5th, 2016 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Selentura View Post
    So the Vita scene just blew up over the last couple of days and the game's dump is already available (won't link to it for obvious reasons). In terms of file structure it's different from the PC version (and has a lot of .mrg files), so I don't think we can just shove the PC patch in and make it work (which was expected).

In terms of the OPs, here you go, straight from the source (960x544 obviously):
    ******************#!uZ01GA5B!uBCDl1oeJ...V-zfQC7KFt8_0o
    Thanks, those look way better than the videos I had. But doesn't the second opening have an echo? I didn't notice till near the end of the last "verse" (? I don't know the world, google-translated it), but it definitely sounds different than the ones in youtube

Quote Originally Posted by H_Neko View Post
    Thanks, those look way better than the videos I had. But doesn't the second opening have an echo? I didn't notice till near the end of the last "verse" (? I don't know the world, google-translated it), but it definitely sounds different than the ones in youtube
    Well, these are untouched from the Vita release, so I'd guess it's just the video itself. I've watched a few videos of the OP on YouTube and another sites and they sound the same to me without the echo you're mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hintay View Post
    Actually we still need the 1.02 updates dump, the updates dump can not work for cartridge.
    If you have digital version, please help us. Thank you very much
    You guys probably already know this, but earlier today a new dumper called MaiDumpTool came out and people are saying it supports dumping updates for retail/cartridge games. The catch is it doesn't support actually installing them yet (the option's there but it doesn't work), so we're still out of luck there but it should be possible soon enough.

The option in MaiDumpTool v233.1 for install patch doesn't work now, but we can use it to dump updates and install it manually, just copy files under "ux0:mai/GameID_patch/" to "ux0:/app/GameID/".
    So if you have the 1.02 updates, could you send it to us?