Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Voice Project

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar
    Tom Cruise is truly the hero we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fuck imouto, get power.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    JP Friend Code
    Has anyone seen Junichi Suwabe and Tom Cruise in the room at the same time?

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar
    You might be onto something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fuck imouto, get power.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Headcanon acquired. Tinfoil hat donned. Off-the-gridding in progress.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Tinfoil hat donned.
    Well he does know a thing or two about Scientology.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Ahhhhhhh classic BL.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    Derails are entertaining, I won't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Derails are entertaining, I won't complain.
    Wasn't complaining, I found it quite amusing myself.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    Adding the little I know to the discussion: Kenichi Suzumura, the guy who voices Kokutou Mikiya in the Kara no Kyoukai movies, and who is very much a mainstream (and active) voice actor, actually voiced the main character in a hentai called "Sora no Iro, Mizu no Iro". And Ryōka Yuzuki (also active and mainstream), who among many other things voices Arcueid in Carnival Phantasm and Melty Blood (but not in the Tsukihime anime), did some eroge voicework in the past (I know she voiced in "Walkure Romanze" and "Kizuato"), and also worked as an idol, appearing in men's magazines and some movies that were rather explicit in violence, sex, and nudity, before she eventually moved on to mainstream voice-acting only.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

So, I don't know enough Japanese to matter and I haven't read FHA yet, but I do know my way around audacity and audio editing in general. Is there a place for me to chip in on the splitting team? If you need someone to just cut up files whenever it switches voice actors, I could probably be all over that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozenagent
    Change log v20140712 85.2%
    *Due to McJon's campaigning, the translation is trying out it's first f-bomb (replacing 'big mother'), making McJon literally the first person to give a fuck.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I don't know how much is "don't know enough Japanese to matter," but without the Moonspeaker skill tree you'd really need something close to 100% completion of Hollow's scenes to have access to the scenes in question and be able to know where exactly to splice the audio to which line break.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; March 6th, 2015 at 04:15 AM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Techercizer View Post
    So, I don't know enough Japanese to matter and I haven't read FHA yet, but I do know my way around audacity and audio editing in general. Is there a place for me to chip in on the splitting team? If you need someone to just cut up files whenever it switches voice actors, I could probably be all over that.
    not exactly when VAs change,but when lines end. cuz Rin tends to get 20 or more lines in a row whenever doing exposition.

Even two lines in a row would screw you up if you had no knowledge of the scene the audio was used from. Hell, even a moonruner going into HA voice audio blind without knowing the scene context would be fucked. They'd understand everything said, but they wouldn't know when a character's speech is more than one line or not.
    Memorable quotes

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    So splitting teamers need to... what?

have some knowledge of Japanese, listen and cut in parallel with reading F/HA?

I would have thought that even with a scene running on auto there would be a beat between spoken lines.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    Can't you record everything on the absolute slowest auto speed so that there are easy to identify enormous gaps between every single line?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Can't you record everything on the absolute slowest auto speed so that there are easy to identify enormous gaps between every single line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hen_Ichi View Post
    So splitting teamers need to... what?

have some knowledge of Japanese, listen and cut in parallel with reading F/HA?

I would have thought that even with a scene running on auto there would be a beat between spoken lines.

To be honest, I just sort of assumed this would be in there; splitting by identifying the end word from the exact dialogue is going to take way longer (and have a far smaller talent pool) than just splitting at a pause. Not to mention that it will probably increase the rate of error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozenagent
    Change log v20140712 85.2%
    *Due to McJon's campaigning, the translation is trying out it's first f-bomb (replacing 'big mother'), making McJon literally the first person to give a fuck.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    There already are huge gaps of silence.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

That would nearly double the length of each recording, and since a good number of them already exceed 30 minutes (I think the longest one I have so far is Quartet at 53 minutes) at the fastest auto-play speed...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    There already are huge gaps of silence.
    Well then, as long as the shortest pause between separate voiced lines is significantly longer than the longest pause in any given line's delivery it seems like it shouldn't be too hard to automate the process of trimming a scene into separate files without any human input at all.

Blog Entries
    Well then, as long as the shortest pause between separate voiced lines is significantly longer than the longest pause in any given line's delivery it seems like it shouldn't be too hard to automate the process of trimming a scene into separate files without any human input at all.
    That's what I suggested as well... But, well, I do hope that's how it's gonna be from now on.