Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Voice Project

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I think the issue is less of "is it possible?" but more of "how can we actually go about doing such a thing?".

In other words, we need the names of actual software that can do this.
    Last edited by NM64; March 6th, 2015 at 09:33 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    ?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

I bet there are loads of places with random silence that will cut files in half and be really annoying.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    I'm wondering about that.

The times when I've been messing around with things like subs or cutting audio. Since it's a consistent structure like playing lines in a VN I'm wondering if there's a consistent pause between playing lines we could nail down. (Can't trial because I seem to have deleted my FSN install at some point - oho... ho... ^^;)

- - - Updated - - -

But aye, if pauses in speech are longer between lines that's not gonna work

I'm pretty sure that's what's already being used via my recommendation since that was the most automatic way I was aware of.

The issue is that it's not fully automatic - that process above only automatically locates silence, it does not automatically seperate the areas of non-silence into individual exported waveforms.

Also, using "Sound finder" works quicker since you can then just click one of the selection points and then directly export the selected area, but again - it's not fully automatic.
    Last edited by NM64; March 7th, 2015 at 04:04 PM.

US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    I'll belatedly admit I'm no expert - just throwing up ideas and googles - so tell me to shut up if ye don't wanna hear it.

Yeah, not totally automatic.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help...=files&i=split
    ^If this works right, and if mentioned already pauses in speech are < pauses between lines then you can mark up and export multiple?
    Last edited by Strange_One; March 7th, 2015 at 08:05 PM.

That would eliminate any track number errors.
    (to explain what I mean, we're using a python script to insert the voice commands that reads off the track numbers of the audio files to insert commands in the correct order.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

I must be dreaming. Someone I know is actually using Python without me telling them they should use Python first after hearing that they were trying to use some convoluted scripting language that is totally not suited to whatever task they're working on.

Guys, to makes thing easier isnt there a way to extract the files from the cartridge to get the voices this way? Like putting the cartridge in a PS TV and hooking it up to a computer through HDMI or USB? You can get rid of HDCP by using stuff like HDFury or something.
    Last edited by Nier; March 8th, 2015 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nier View Post
    Guys, to makes thing easier isnt there a way to extract the files from the cartridge to get the voices this way? Like putting the cartridge in a PS TV and hooking it up to a computer through HDMI or USB? You can get rid of HDCP by using stuff like HDFury or something.
    Incredibly long story of many times going over this with every other person on this site short: NO.

Let's put it this way - it won't make it easier, it'd only make it be higher quality (but you may not be able to tell the difference anyway).

I actually just got my hands on FHA Vita still waiting for my HDMI spitter to come in so I can bypass HDCP, but after that I can do recordings in case USW misses something.

Also, I have discovered that

Spoiler
    Carens I-IV have two versions, one with Shriou's VA, and one with Avenger's. The former is what you hear the first time, the latter unlocks after seeing the ending. Something to work into the patch.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Sweetness. More Avenger is better Avenger.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I was wondering just the other day what they would've done about those scenes in their voiced versions. I guess that answers it.

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    Sweetness. More Avenger is better Avenger.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I was wondering just the other day what they would've done about those scenes in their voiced versions. I guess that answers it.
    spoiler
    The double version thing only exists for Carens 1-4, scenes of Shirou interacting with Caren beforehand are just Shirou while Caren V onwards is just Avenger. Well......Spider Ladder, the bad end version of the final choice, is uncertain, it might be Shirou. Also the scene where Illya reveals how the dream world works to Shirou is interesting because it's almost all Shirou, but there's one line or two spoken as Avenger.
    Memorable quotes

All of which is exactly as expected.

霞の中狙撃 Sniper in the Mist Geass-Sogeki's Avatar
    Hello Minna! Long time! I would request to let me in with the project!
    I am willing to help with the audio splitting.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Kappa

Blog Entries
    Hide yo powerlevel.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    and here i was wondering kat and christemo were up to when i noticed it in the create a servant thread
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Not only us two.