Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1621242526

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Voice Project

Quote Originally Posted by Hone View Post
    Is there anything people who dont know how to program or speak japanese can do to help?

Besides send money.
    Pray to ORT for a safe delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by anonynamja View Post
    Is the vita jp text and pc jp text 1:1? How about the pc jp text and translated text?
    wut

He wanted to ask if there are no text changes between the vita and pc versions (besides the obvious alternate scenes).
    Nasu made some line changes in Realta Nua, which had to be translated, too.

Love you guys

There's a compiled list of all the changes the vita made (a diff file).
    It's actually not a lot so we'll probably integrate them via a switch if we find a translator.

吸血鬼 Vampire
    How install the voice patch to FHA PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Silly, I meant Japanese text. There's no dub, only Japanese voice.
    It was 3 in the morning when I posted. Forgive my lack of reading skills at the time lol and thanks for all the work to everyone in the team!

Quote Originally Posted by omegasonic1005 View Post
    How install the voice patch to FHA PC?
    it wanst even launched yet but i think the same way to patch the files with the text translation?

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    Pray to ORT for a safe delivery.
    Isnt ORT some random sleeping crystal spider or something?

死者 The Dead
    Can we get a status update on the current progress? o.O

I wrote a script to check the progress. Dunno how accurate it is... Take it with a grain of salt.

These are the results:
    159/243 files voiced (65.4320987654321%, 51.96320283829318%).

The first percentage is the file count percentage. The second one is based on file size which means the remaining files are bigger.

死者 The Dead
    Thanks for the update! I think I remember reading in the older posts that the patch would have been done with years being ruled out though. Now that it's been about 2 years and the patch is not completed, was there some sort of unexpected issue that had occurred or was the estimate just way off? Also is there a new expected time of completion?

Quote Originally Posted by Eager View Post
    Thanks for the update! I think I remember reading in the older posts that the patch would have been done with years being ruled out though. Now that it's been about 2 years and the patch is not completed, was there some sort of unexpected issue that had occurred or was the estimate just way off? Also is there a new expected time of completion?
    First, know that even in a professional setting, software projects always take longer than you think they will. ALWAYS. Software engineers know this as law.

Now, stop and consider that, if that is the case, what must a software project be like when it isn't the actual job of anyone involved? Where basically everything else that could ever come up in life (actual job most definitely included) has to take precedence over it, because, you know, it's something they're doing in their free time?

If a free fan project is ever delivered within a time frame that anyone working on it said it would, either they were extremely lucky (unlikely), they worked their asses off and had no life whatsoever in order to try to keep their word (slightly less unlikely), or the time frame they gave was intentionally given to be much, much longer than any time frame that they were actually thinking, possibly as a joke.

If you were to recruit for inserting voices and QA, what would that entail? Picking a voice file and choosing a checkpoint in a scene to activate it using the automated script?

I'm sure you'll tell me why this is a bad idea, but could you just make a google drive folder with everything needed and a readme to explain what to do? You could then just share it with whoever volunteers / you recruit and assign different parts.

I'm no programmer, but I'm certainly computer literate. If you would like the extra manpower, I have free time to contribute.

So great to hear that it's halfway there!