Thread: Fanfiction Fate Stay night lore questions

Fanfiction Fate Stay night lore questions

Hi all it was recommended that I come to this forum to seek out in depth knowledge of Fate Stay Night and related Nasuverse lore.

First of all I'm writing a Dragon Age/Fate Stay Night crossover featuring Fate route Shirou, Saber and Illya.

Question 1. Now I'm not sure if everyone is familiar with dragon age but I wanted to ask what would happen if Saber Excaliblasted the Archdemon. For those that don't know what that is its essentially a blight corrupted body jumping super dragon. If slain it simply flees to a new body, the only way to perma kill it is through the use of a grey warden taking the corrupted soul inside themselves and dying. The other method consists of separating the "old god" essence from the blight and placing it in a new vessel there by avoiding the dragon being recreated. Can Excaliber destroy blighted souls? I hadn't thought that would be within its abilities to be perfectly honest.

Archdemons are blighted old gods that have been corrupted by the "blight" a pseudo religious plague sent by the maker in penance for mans "sins", whether that's true or not is not the object of the discussion however.

Question 2. In my story the Dragon age world Thedas is an abandoned/dead world with no will of the planet resisting changes to reality. Ergo if Shirou projects a sword there is no active pressure eroding its existence, would Saber have an easier time using her high powers attacks as well (within reason). In your opinion have I interpreted what would happen correctly?

Question 3. I've been considering what would happen to Saber for a while now. In my fic while Shirou has used his last command seal I have decided that tenuous connection between them still exists for the transfer of mana and some small mental connection (dream cycle for example). However its no where near the level it was while Shirou retained his last command seal. But considering that there is no Will of the planet rejected her existence actively there should be no constant drain on her existence beyond normal day to day exertions. Should she engage in combat the same problems apply however and she would need protracted rest or a ritual to regain her strength quickly.

In this instance Saber will be around for a long time (Years decades etc) and I wanted to ask what would happen to her body over time. From what I understand Saber is not a true Heroic spirit and simply inhabits a servant shell. She is in fact a time traveling soul that is still alive. So would it not be the case that in a sustained situation that like Shirou's own puppet body (from heavens feel) that was slowly altered by his inhabiting soul that Saber's own servant body would be changed slowly over the time to match her original body. Thereby most of her enhanced servant characteristics would slowly fade over time as this "shell" is overwritten.

Anyway if I have anymore questions I will know where to post them, thank you.

Blog Entries
    There's a special place for this, as Arashi noted in the previous post, please post this there.

Thread Closed.