Page 1 of 12 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Kekkai Sensen - Blood Blockade Battlefront

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Kekkai Sensen - Blood Blockade Battlefront

Originally a manga by the guy who did Trigun, it's now getting an adaptation by BONES. More specifically, it's airing in a week.

It centers around the crime fighting organization "Libra" and their battles in Jerusalem's Lot, formerly known as New York City. Jerusalem's Lot was created in a single night when a portal to the "Beyond" opened, and now it is a paranormal melting pot of monsters, magic and the everyday mundane city life. It's up to Libra to prevent the horrors of this city from spreading to the outside world.
    anyways i'm hyped as hell for this even though i haven't read the manga, anyone else?

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, I misspelled the English name
    Last edited by Kirby; March 28th, 2015 at 01:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    I'm actually really jazzed up for this, can't wait for it to start coming out. Haven't read the mange yet either.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh. So I checked out the manga, and apparently it hasn't been updated since 2010, with only three chapters. So I guess most of the anime will be new content?

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Banned
    Forgot to mention that the anime is being directed by the same lady as Kyousougiga.

- - - Updated - - -

Also there's 10 manga volumes, 7 in English, idk why there's no scans.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, wow. Welp

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    In Matsumoto I trust, the art director Shinji Kimura is also a very talented guy (he did the background art for films like Akira and My Neighbor Totoro) so you can expect the series to look great for its duration.
    Last edited by orangetunes; March 30th, 2015 at 03:51 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So while Funi still hasn't released their subs yet, it looks like someone else subbed it, though I'm not exactly sure who

Banned
    Asia only streaming service. Subs are ripped from that.

マリーの味方
    Great first episode, the ending was especially cool. It definitely seems like it'll be a lot of fun.

The subs were decent enough, though the font was pretty bad.

e: webm of the fight at the end. Great stuff.
    Last edited by Sesto; April 5th, 2015 at 12:52 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    this ed

is so cute

Banned
    Just finished episode 2 and yeah this show is 100% Baccano meets Hellboy which is pretty much what I wanted it to be.

Apparently we have to wait until episode 4 and 5 for Rie to do actual storyboarding from what I am told.

- - - Updated - - -

Scratch that here's the scoop

Episode Director (Storyboard)/Animation Director
    2 Hideaki Uehara (Rie Matsumoto)/Koichi Horikawa
    3 Mukai Masahiro (Tetsuo Hirawaka)/Hitomi Hasegawa
    4 Daisuke Tsukushi (Rie Matsumoto)/Takashi Tomioka
    5 Seung Hui Son (Rie Matsumoto)/Takashi Murai、Atsushi Hasebe/Nobuaki Nagano (mecha director)
    6 Tomoyuki Kurokawa (Kenji Nagasaki)/Kazumi Inadome

Rie also storyboarded/directed the ED and storyboarded the OP; the episode 3 director directed the OP.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    the ED was great.

Always love those funky type of stuff in anime

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This show is basically Kyousougiga in New York.

Banned
    It's total fucking nonsense but boy is it cool.

Also: Surprised to find that Bump of Chicken wasn't killed in the great JROCK purges of the late 00s.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    This show is basically Kyousougiga in New York.
    Kyousougiga was more out there imo.

I agree that this feels more like a hellboy thing

Banned
    yeah the show itself doesn't really feel anything like Kyousougiga beyond some of the actual timing, angles, and such, bit from that stuff you CAN see Rie's touches

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Guys, this is Shadowrun: The Anime.

Leo is cute as fuck, even with the eyes.
    Last edited by KooriRenchuu; April 12th, 2015 at 08:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Koori is a miracle of the forum.

Seriously.

This fandom needs more happily gay men.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Zapp is best boy
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dancing Leo up for grabs

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Man, that ED is great. And the jazzy soundtrack is really drawing me in.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.