Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 374245464748495257 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven's Feel Manga Thread

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post
    Oooh, that's an interesting new material for how Kuzuki got taken out.

Man, I really want to recommend the manga to those who just won't read the VN because of the great art and the new perspective, but it just spoils too much to be newbie-friendly. Such a shame.
    It's actually better this way I think. Lots of people, even if they are only marginally interesting in Fate, likely watched Zero, and we're always wondering why Sakura looked so happy now when they watched UBW. And even for complete newbies, this manga would still be good because it gives concrete info.

The VN is great and has lots of lore, but it also has a lot of parts in HF that are left vague or open-ended, and the movies are likely to skim and trim a lot of actually crucial to better understand the characters (I hope not, but there you go). So this medium might be the best for them to understand things on a whole without spending a huge amount of time in Nasu's wordswordswords, but still have much more information and context than the movie.

Since iirc, it was said Caster was taken out by a ploy by Assassin's master, and we know who that is. So the manga will gives us a sort of interlude that shows how Zouken broke Caster with deception to the point she hardly noticed Saber and Shirou storming the temple. It'll surely make the part where Zouken reanimates Caster that much more saddening.

Man, the UBW anime showed that she at the very least cared enough to free those orphans her former master made as sacrifices, it really makes me wonder if they couldn't really talk things out if everyone knew how much bull the grail and the war really were. Really makes me sad.

Is there any chance that someone will pick this up and continue with the translation at some point?

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Well, I personally wouldn't mind translating this manga since Easy Going Scans seems to be stopped doing so, but there would need to be someone to do the typesetting and the like. If someone was willing to volunteer for that side of the work, then sure, I'd start on it right away.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by EDreamer View Post
    Well, I personally wouldn't mind translating this manga since Easy Going Scans seems to be stopped doing so, but there would need to be someone to do the typesetting and the like. If someone was willing to volunteer for that side of the work, then sure, I'd start on it right away.
    I don't mind typesetting while we look for someone to take the job.

Chapter 12 needs cleaning and redrawing before I can do anything, though. Chapter 12 doesn't needing cleaning anymore.

Some pages from chapter 13 also need redrawing.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Broke; April 2nd, 2017 at 02:33 PM.

598,535,004 (NA)

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post
    I don't mind typesetting while we look for someone to take the job.

Chapter 12 needs cleaning and redrawing before I can do anything, though.

Some pages from chapter 13 also need redrawing.

Spoiler:

Thanks for volunteering to help, Broke. So, is there anyone willing to be the cleaner/redrawer for this manga? (If no one steps up within a week, I'll start asking around the known cleaners on Beast's Lair.)
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Thanks for volunteering to help, Broke. So, is there anyone willing to be the cleaner/redrawer for this manga? (If no one steps up within a week, I'll start asking around the known cleaners on Beast's Lair.)
    These are the scanlations of the whole 3rd volume. I don't know who made them, but they seem quite good.

*****************************?j642gd8sz5zxuf6

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    scanlations
    Don't you mean chinese raws

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Don't you mean chinese raws
    Eh. You are right, they are just raws.
    I'm not sure they were made by chinese, though.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; April 2nd, 2017 at 11:57 AM.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Thanks, Yggdrasil, but I already have the Vol 1-3 raws, and besides, Vol 3 only goes up to chapter 9, while we're talking about chapters 12 and 13, which are currently only in magazine scans.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Uh, the "chapter 12 "Broke is talking about is the second half of chapter 7 of the volume 3. The author fused the shorter chapters. Volume 3 ends with page 9 of chapter 17
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; April 2nd, 2017 at 12:15 PM.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Uh, the "chapter 12 "Broke is talking about is the second half of chapter 7 of the volume 3. The author fused the shorter chapters. Volume 3 ends with page 9 of chapter 17
    Ah, sorry, I forgot about the chapter discrepancy between the magazine and volume scans. Still, the point remains that Vol 3 only goes up to chapter 9, and after that we'd be back to magazine scans (unless I waited until the next volume release before continuing, which I doubt many people would like). After my work on Foxtail, I can attest to how the sudden jump in chapter numbering can be confusing, especially if people post the scanlated chapters on other sites. So, Broke, what's your opinion? Would it be better to use the volume scans for the next few chapters or stick to the magazine scans?

Ah, sorry, I forgot about the chapter discrepancy between the magazine and volume scans. Still, the point remains that Vol 3 only goes up to chapter 9, and after that we'd be back to magazine scans (unless I waited until the next volume release before continuing, which I doubt many people would like). After my work on Foxtail, I can attest to how the sudden jump in chapter numbering can be confusing, especially if people post the scanlated chapters on other sites. So, Broke, what's your opinion? Would it be better to use the volume scans for the next few chapters or stick to the magazine scans?
    I think we should use the volume scans, but match the chapter numbers to the magazine scans for the bato.to upload.

On here, we can just refer to volume and page number until we catch up to the magazine.

598,535,004 (NA)

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post
    I think we should use the volume scans, but match the chapter numbers to the magazine scans for the bato.to upload.

On here, we can just refer to volume and page number until we catch up to the magazine.
    Yeah, that might work, at least in the short term for the next few chapters. (It goes against my nitpicky tendencies, but beggars can't be choosers.) How much cleaning/redrawing do you think the relevant Vol 3 pages need compared to the magazine scans, considering their quality?

No cleaning needed, just redraws. Fuck this manga and its redraws. Luckily, I can start typesetting immediately and plug in redrawn pages later.

Here are the redraws needed for chapter 12. I'll repost the needed redraws for chapter 13 later.

Spoiler:

Sound effects don't matter, it's the dialogue portions that need to be redrawn.

598,535,004 (NA)

JP Friend Code
    By request
    All right, I'll get started on translating then. I can have chapter 12 (starting midway through volume 3 chapter 7) translated by sometime tomorrow. To keep it in magazine chapter format, I'll add in "Chapter 12: Day 4 / The Holy Grail War And Its Origins" to be placed at the bottom blank space of the first page, all right?

That works. Later, I'll make a list to organize what's what.

Let's get page 03_45 through 03_65 finished.

598,535,004 (NA)

Blog Entries
    Does this manga deviate from the vn or add new stuff or anything? And how far along is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hasn't deviated so far but it gets into Sakura and Shinji's backstory stuff right from the get-go and recent chapter had some stuff about what happened to Kuzuki

- - - Updated - - -

It's the "hey this isn't a VN so we don't need to have everything 100% from the main character's perspective all the time" kind of adaptation

Blog Entries
    Alas, poor kuzuki, you had three lines

that actually sounds great
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

It's pretty good. I mean, just look at this:

Spoiler:

(sadly as you can see from scrolling through the thread it's fairly behind on translated scans)