Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warnings related to Lantz's Threads

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries

Warnings related to Lantz's Threads

Attention: Mr. Insane, Bdoom AKA Sakura's Not Into Bondage, qwertyfatcat, Jirou, Christemo, and Bloble

We want to put an end to the endless merry-go-round of flaming and trolling every time a thread like this comes up. Normally there would be more severe punishments, but they were not actively enforced in the Lantz' threads. Since we're aiming for that now, we're officially giving everybody a heads up now, and we're going to just give you a Formal Public Warning and leave it at that until next time.

Let's work together to improve the forum. Don't go full Magos. Just walk away.

Thank You,
    The Administration and Moderation Team

Attention: Lantzblades

We have decided to also give you a formal Public Warning as well. While your behavior wasn't openly flaming or trolling (even though the post itself could definitely be considered baiting), some of your responses were even cruel to people who were honestly trying to help you. Not every critique is a flame and you're acting overly defensive.

Beast's Lair isn't supposed to be your hugbox. You have to follow the same standards that we expect from everyone else here. It doesn't matter if "this is how you write your story," everybody has to deal with constructive literary criticism. If these patterns continue we will continue with the next course of punishment.

Thank You,
    The Administration and Moderation Team
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    will the pain finally come to an end..?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Man, I really do miss out on a lot of fun things by not going to the fanfics forum nanodesupoi.

- - - Updated - - -

And by fun, I mean cancerous nanodesupoi.

Blog Entries
    Good job moderator IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Why am I not surprise...

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Can I get a public warning I feel like as a high school delinquent I need to be a badass who gets public warnings.

blue blue glass something something Pillzman's Avatar
    GJ Moderator

Blog Entries
    Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I see I'm the next victim of "Hey remember that thing you did 5 months ago? Well time to get warned for it!" that LoneHuntah suffered first.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean this is probably the right thing to do but just going through the lantz thread, regardless of how far back, and warning people for since-corrected behavior is kind of silly.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't the last lantz thread thing only a week ago?

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Yes.

SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Wasn't the last lantz thread thing only a week ago?
    Yes, and my only posts in that pertained to telling people who were going down the suicidal path that is posting in that thread for any purpose other than doing what I was doing that they should probably stop what they are doing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, welp

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    christemo did actually something wrong
    I think I need to steal Siriel's invisibility cloak.

Blog Entries
    We're terribly sorry to have taken a couple of weeks to talk this out. If it's a comfort, you'd have been hit over this earlier if the staff hadn't been dealing with integrating me and mAc. And probably harder.

Speaking of, I'm going to underline to everyone the point in mAc's post about the severity of future punishments. These lot all came very very close to getting strikes (which I note would put Christemo on his last chance). In future, similar incidents will immediately elevate to strikes, absent any mitigating circumstances. Playing the person instead of the ball has become too prevalent, and posters need to unlearn that habit. Quickly.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Playing the person instead of the ball has become too prevalent, and posters need to unlearn that habit. Quickly.
    Uh, I think I get it from context but just to be clear since this is a forum moderation stance can you please repeat that in American?

Blog Entries
    Imagine we're playing basketball. Try to take the ball off your opponent all you like (i.e. their argument), but it's not acceptable to actually hit your opponent (i.e. attack them as a person in your posts).

Sufficiently American?
    Last edited by Seika; April 4th, 2015 at 05:25 PM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Make it football please

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Uh, I think I get it from context but just to be clear since this is a forum moderation stance can you please repeat that in American?
    I think that it refers to the behavior in which one attacks the other person in a discussion rather than discussing or following the argument itself.

EDIT: And sniped by Seika.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Yes, thank you, basketball is very American this time of year.