Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fate Stay Night: Gameboy version!

Cool Fate Stay Night: Gameboy version!

Okay, so maybe my idea would not work, but I plan to play arround with the concept for a couple of months for making a gameboy classic port of Fate/ Stay Night. So far, I have gotten a gameboy emulator to accept my crummy C programed mess and produce this one basic Rom test which I can show you this screenie of:
    No buttons work yet, and I'm scrapping sound all together, but I wonder if I can get the "Fate route" done with this.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Woah, but won't it be hard with all the animated cgs? I mean the scenes with lots of animation.

I would have to simplify the sequence a bit, but I would still be able to show almost all of the cgs due to the fact most of them require a reader to allow them to continue. I doubt I could use many spining effects, but I know I could use zoom effects.

But why Gameboy Classic and not Advance?

Because there is a vnds interpreter for the gba, which means the gba already has a port. That and, my programming skill is not that good and it is easier to program for the gameboy classic for me, then the other. My port will have sacrifices, but it should be interesting to see what the end result will be like.

Ah, indeed.

Oh! Interesting. Good luck with this project, facesforce!

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Wow, that's interesting. I've seen people try iPhone ports, but a Gameboy port is certainly new. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Lavender
    Oh, wow! I would love to see this finished. Best of luck with your project! I look forward to even just news about it.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol, interesting idea.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Fate Route for the GB, why not?

Anyways, I'll be interested in how this pans out.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You know what this needs? An 8-bit remix of the OST.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    An 8-bit Church on the Hill?

*ponders*

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...A Pea-Soup Rin.

I don't know whether to cringe at how bad it looks, or if I should congratulate you on having the balls to even pull off something like this. I'll settle on the latter.

Do it on an Atari 2600 and I'll come over there and shake your hand.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Well, it looks better then what my original version did. This Rin even got to keep her mouth due to creative pixeling, and even more important, She was recognizable. My first few prototype sprites were... Less then desirable.

Oh, if anybody is willing to make a 8-bit remix, let me know. If you keep it simple enough, I can use my programs to implement it into the game. Also, I got the buttons to work and display another message, meaning that the engine for the game is coming along. I'm still trying to work out a way to work in the choice system...

@Dark Pulse:Hmm... Maybe if this does not work out, but for now, here is my authentic mock-up of what Rin would look like on the Atari 2600:

Not exactly the most impressive, but due to the larger screen, easier to work with. Oh, this picture is actually atari-ready, as it uses only 5 colors from the actual atari 2600 platte that could be rendered at the same time without any errors, so Imagine Fate Stay Night without the backgrounds with art simplified in this style, with minimal effects. And with modern techniques, we can use roms of almost any size for the game. Now, back to my programming.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For some reason this reminds me of the meme that said the long-delayed UBW patch would be capable of installing Rin on toasters.

Now I want to see FSN done as a retro "look/talk/think" eroge.

Why not gameboy color?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyokushi View Post
    Why not gameboy color?
    Well, I do not have an C interpeter for the gameboy color, and I lack the tools for the gameboy color, like the GBDK I am using for the gameboy classic. That and I really love the original gameboy. No explanation why, however.

@Kotonoha: If the toaster has a graphical support, like some of the models they released in the early 2000s, and you are willing to buy me books on assembly, then I might be able to get the prologue to play on it, or at least a picture of Rin, so yes, in the future you may actually have rin installed on your toaster, but I really do not see the point in that. But PLEASE, PLEASE do not even try to change it into a retro "Look/Talk/Ask/ Think" eroge. If you have ever tried to port one of those games, you would run away at the thought. My experience is that my side project is porting Runaway City to the nds as well. The coding for such novels is bloody insane.

Quote Originally Posted by facesforce View Post
    Well, it looks better then what my original version did. This Rin even got to keep her mouth due to creative pixeling, and even more important, She was recognizable. My first few prototype sprites were... Less then desirable.

Oh, if anybody is willing to make a 8-bit remix, let me know. If you keep it simple enough, I can use my programs to implement it into the game. Also, I got the buttons to work and display another message, meaning that the engine for the game is coming along. I'm still trying to work out a way to work in the choice system...

@Dark Pulse:Hmm... Maybe if this does not work out, but for now, here is my authentic mock-up of what Rin would look like on the Atari 2600:

Not exactly the most impressive, but due to the larger screen, easier to work with. Oh, this picture is actually atari-ready, as it uses only 5 colors from the actual atari 2600 platte that could be rendered at the same time without any errors, so Imagine Fate Stay Night without the backgrounds with art simplified in this style, with minimal effects. And with modern techniques, we can use roms of almost any size for the game. Now, back to my programming.
    You should look up how the atari graphics work/capable of.. ;_;

@ Fuji:I did, and I sat down and thought about how I could keep the actual graphics by pushing the system to its limits when I made the mock-up. A Atari 2600 can render its entire platte by using a method called horizontal line rendering, but in reality it slows down far too much if you do that. The most amount of colors it could support is a background color (black, or blue, depending on game) and four colors for the sprites, which there is no problem with at all. With this in mind, almost everything becomes capable at least on a basic level. We have the benefit that visual novels really is a game style that has not evolved much from the eroges of the past.

PROGRESS: I am currently testing out a choice screen which will clear the gameboy's screen of sprites, to give it more room to show the choices for area. Or, I will set it up where the choice scrolls at the bottom, and there will be an arrow to inter change in between the choices.