Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718 LastLast

Thread: On reducing vitriol

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    See the saddest part is that I can't stop myself from doing the same things.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Candy is bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    See the saddest part is that I can't stop myself from doing the same things.
    No one blames you.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    There's so much agression in this thread.
    Maybe... Maybe the whole point was to draw it all out into one single thread, and then that thread would be used as a conduit to resurrect some horrific undead elder god.

Maybe that was the goal from the very beginning...

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    It's about reducing vitriol right? So people reduce it by releasing it here.

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    It's about reducing vitriol right? So people reduce it by releasing it here.
    I love logic!

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is there?

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe I am just fantasizing, but despite harsh language, percieved hostility and extensively prologned arguments it felt like in the past people just sorta built bonds around that. Did that go? It feels like it.

It feels wrong to stand and soapbox like this, I'm probably just producing non-sense like my last hundred posts or so.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    I can tell this is a joke because anyone using the term "spergy" is a comedian.
    Replace a term that is frowned upon with another term that is less frowned upon? Gasp.

Maybe I am just fantasizing, but despite harsh language, percieved hostility and extensively prologned arguments it felt like in the past people just sorta built bonds around that. Did that go? It feels like it.

It feels wrong to stand and soapbox like this, I'm probably just producing non-sense like my last hundred posts or so.
    Something like arguing for the sake of the topic against arguing for the sake of arguing?

Or the interest in Type-Moon vs telling people off, in other words.
    Last edited by Leftovers; April 8th, 2015 at 09:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Replace a term that is frowned upon with another term that is less frowned upon? Gasp.
    Someone who has trouble reading sarcasm in other peoples' text using sarcasm in their own text? gasp

I was diagnosed with Asperger's, which has since been regrouped with the entirety of autism spectrum.
    I'm actually not naiive in this, so kindly don't.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; April 8th, 2015 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries

Nah, I'm with you on this one. It's become a more sensitive place, and I liked it for not being that. But hey, rune information is rune information, I gotta get it somewhere.

Also nowhere else would appreciate my spergy servant sheet writing that I use to escape the crushing boredom of real everyday life. So there's that too.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries

Maybe you're just sad that food is long gone. That's probably it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    yeah i mean uhm dont get me wrong but this reads not too dissimilar from what ivan has been saying so i think you should relax some more

- - - Updated - - -

hey!
    See that's why I am worried about myself.

Though I feel like I need to hate everyone first before I get there and I don't actually hate anyone, in fact I love the people here more than I should.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    See that's why I am worried about myself.

Though I feel like I need to hate everyone first before I get there and I don't actually hate anyone, in fact I love the people here more than I should.
    Wow how European of you.

European is an old euphemism for homosexual gay which has negative connotations in certain places in the world.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I knew I shoulda added "except Christemo" at the end.

You know I think it's in the Swedish constitution that you cannot show kidness to danes.
    Last edited by Petrikow; April 8th, 2015 at 09:19 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

I honestly think the problem was this. I mean this is the entire reason I jokingly made the gang wars thread. One of the biggest problems in 2012 or more clearly 2013 was how antagonistic certain groups of people were to other groups or certain users.

Now before then, there was antagonism definitely, but it was never organized. When it became organized is when it became a problem.
    Last edited by Cruor; April 8th, 2015 at 09:22 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That seems reasonable.

For the record I do think food went way overboard though I did like him (though not a high accolade, I am awfully amiable).

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I knew I shoulda added "except Christemo" at the end.

You know I think it's in the Swedish constitution that you cannot show kidness to danes.
    And vice versa so don't actually take it personally. I love you and all but please hop off my ween now and then

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm actually in agreement with you here. Things used to be different despite using a lot of similar language and arguing techniques.

As said some posts before, what changed is the attitude behind, the way the arguments are handled... and in general, the lack of arguments themselves. There is a very generalized tendency, as Seika said in another thread, to attempt to bash the one doing the argument, rather than to argue the argument itself. And I don't mean straight up flaming. There are a ton of ways to be insulting or to be an ass without resorting to outright personal attacks, like putting words in someone else's mouth, being ""ironic"", ignoring the argument in favor of accusing the argument(er?) of stuff or just implying stuff about them to force them to the defensive, or starting an argument with a serious tone, then starting to shitpost, or the last resort of going "I WAS TROLLING U" and running away from the argument. Or a combination of those. Not all of them apply to this board, but they give a good example of the behavior that I consider obnoxious. Personally, though, I just see that the number of interesting discussions and arguments has been diminishing (which might just be an issue with me, idk), and that despite supposedly having more users than before, the forum feels emptier and emptier. The number of threads I regularly check has also diminished a lot, and I think the only thread in GD I pay any sort of regular attention when it gets a post is the 2deep4me thread.

Also, while before in BL we did have memes, shitposting, derails, and etc. they weren't really done quite the same way they're being done now. Nowadays it feels like certain people have a need to force everything into some sort of unfunny, artificial meme (not like back then we didn't have memes that got spammed into getting old and annoying, like the "there is no tsukihime anime" one, or the "Sakura a slut" one that was a trademark of the later proboards era), and a similar thing can be said about derails: before, the derails were more of a natural byproduct of people being in a thread and talking about stuff, often being borne of the discussion itself, rather than being forced out by people that seem to think that derailing and shitposting makes them look cool or whatever. Apply the same to shitposting.

Of course, those are just my personal opinions and I don't expect that much agreement to them. Just my two cents on the whole thing.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!