View Poll Results: Which RP should we do?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forged path

1 10.00%
  • Lords of fate

5 50.00%
  • New babylon

2 20.00%
  • Fate/power rangers

2 20.00%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Lantz's role playing ideas discussion thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    New Babylon: If Gil won shouldn't the majority of the cast be dead?
    Apparently not, it's just Sakura....

Anyway, I'm not remotely interested in that particular one, for the obvious reason.

Fate/Endless War: If dead Masters are replaced then how can anyone be the last one standing? Is it that the last one standing for those two weeks gets a wish and then the war starts again with a new chance at a wish?
    I believe that the dead masters are replaced after two weeks, so if they all die in that time, then the remaining person wins.

Lords of Fate and False Truth sound the most interesting to me, though I'm not quite sure how stats and ranks will be meaningless in Truth. How are we supposed to convincingly argue who would win a round?
    Well, to me all of them sound potentially interesting except for New Babylon. Lords of Fate I'm least sure of, because it seems like I'd be forced to fight for one of three characters all of whom are far too lawful for my tastes (although I know too little about Lily's faction to know if that's true). If I did get involved, I'd definitely be fighting for one of the two "good" factions, though. Not sure who I'd play, or what. For Fifth Period I'm interested in knowing how you've dealt with Sakura's situation, if it's slice of life. Order of Solomon might be interesting, depending on how Shirou is towards Sakura (I seem to recall strongly disliking Lantz's version of Shirou, and I'm not sure who else I'd play). Forged Path is another one I'm not too sure of, because it seems like we'd just be killing one another.

Although, Lords of Fate I'm only remotely interested in if the canon characters are there. I honestly couldn't give a shit which Saber wins a Saber war....

I have to say that I'm not really too happy with your treatment of Sakura in these RPs as a whole. You've killed her off in one (that I might otherwise have had quite a strong interest in playing), and you might not include her (along with every other canon character but Saber, admittedly) in another. Plus, several of the other ones aren't really going to fit her in very well.
    Last edited by Mike1984; May 29th, 2011 at 11:29 AM.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post

Fate/Forged path

Concept: Heroic spirits and counter guardians are summoned to determine the strongest spirit with the winner set to defeat “the ultimate destroyer of creation”

How it’ll work: Players choose a character and then their state (hero or CG) and arrive to enter the tournament players can choose their own back stories for non established heroes and cg (characters like rin, Ayako, Shinji etcetera)

Lords of Fate

Concept: the characters are brought between worlds to a fight between three warring kingdoms. The shining dragon, Black lion and white lily each headed by one of the Sabers (normal, alter and lily respective)

How it’ll work: pick your character and help the Saber of your choice defeat the other two.
    I'm not gonna be online again until later tonight, so I just wanted to say that these two interest me the most.

I'm currently having a mental debate over whether I want to support Normal Saber or Lily though... It's a tough choice.

Anyway, I'll be back to check in on this thread later.
    Last edited by Airen; May 29th, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    I'd be interested in any of these, but I'm with Airen: Forged Path and Lords of Fate sound the most interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Well, Lantz needs at least one more person to do LoF...
    Assuming Neir joins...
    -Insert witty signature here-

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I'd be interested in any of these, but I'm with Airen: Forged Path and Lords of Fate sound the most interesting.
    Hmm, well, whether I'm interested in Lords of Fate depends on whether there are other canon characters around besides Saber, really. Forged Path I'd need to know more about before I decide if it looks interesting, because if it's just a bunch of OCs killing each other I couldn't really care less, and if it's a bunch of canon characters just killing each other I don't really care all that much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Saint View Post
    Well, Lantz needs at least one more person to do LoF...
    Assuming Neir joins...
    I'm pretty sure more is better, though. In particular I'm finding it hard to see it working with only four.

Blog Entries
    From the description, Forged Path looks like we're using canon characters as either GCs or full Heroic Spirits.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

He said AT LEAST four.
    He would probably have a way for it to work with at least that people.

From the description, Forged Path looks like we're using canon characters as either GCs or full Heroic Spirits.

I am now imagining Heroic spirits Sakura and Issei....
    Last edited by Lotus Saint; May 29th, 2011 at 12:02 PM.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I got that, but it's not clear how exactly the "tournament" works. Is it just a huge free-for-all battle with little character development?

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    New Babylon: If Gil won shouldn't the majority of the cast be dead?
    he didn't win in the strict sense of defeating the masters. he won in the sense of made a wish

Fate/Endless War: If dead Masters are replaced then how can anyone be the last one standing? Is it that the last one standing for those two weeks gets a wish and then the war starts again with a new chance at a wish?
    the idea is to eliminate all other master/servants within the two weeks to get a wish. this is of course hard to do thus the name of the project endless war

Lords of Fate and False Truth sound the most interesting to me, though I'm not quite sure how stats and ranks will be meaningless in Truth. How are we supposed to convincingly argue who would win a round?
    you use player judgement between parties, should you be unable to resolve it I use my fall back of rolling a couple of D20's to decide who wins.

For Fifth Period I'm interested in knowing how you've dealt with Sakura's situation, if it's slice of life.
    Fifth period is less serious it's like the one day series. it's not meant to be looked at too closely.

Order of Solomon might be interesting, depending on how Shirou is towards Sakura
    Again he's been raised by Kirei so he's not the hugs and sunshine Shirou we all love.

Forged Path is another one I'm not too sure of, because it seems like we'd just be killing one another.
    the main plot is revealed as you participate in the fights. the tournament is merely the basic premise of the plot. it's like mortal kombat (for which I have a crossover rp prepped btw) yes they are beating the crap out of each other but there's more to it then that.

Although, Lords of Fate I'm only remotely interested in if the canon characters are there.
    and again for third time now. I can do all BL members, all canons or a mix of both. such would be up to those committed to playing to decide.

I have to say that I'm not really too happy with your treatment of Sakura in these RPs as a whole. You've killed her off in one
    in new babylon either her or Ilya had to die. my logic was that while he's a dick Shinji could still be Rider's master where as if Ilya dies no one could really handle berserker and further Leys would die as well (not sure about Sella though) so on the list of less impactful deaths to the roster of available characters Sakura clocks in at two for that RP after Shini himself (who would have been killed in her place if not for the fact that it would have forced me to establish way more continuity then I wanted giving players less freedom)

of course this IS a discussion thread rather then whine how about you suggest an alternative.

several of the other ones aren't really going to fit her in very well.
    those were just off the top of my head. i'm not sure which you think won't fit her.

Forged Path I'd need to know more about before I decide if it looks interesting, because if it's just a bunch of OCs killing each other I couldn't really care less, and if it's a bunch of canon characters just killing each other I don't really care all that much more.
    Leopard has it right Canons as heroes and CG fighting a big tournament style fight, again that's just the basic part of the game the story will unfold as we go.

I'm pretty sure more is better, though. In particular I'm finding it hard to see it working with only four.
    you aren't a tabletop p&p gamer mike. four is an ideal minimal Party size, I'll be playing as well though it's most NPC work.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Fifth period is less serious it's like the one day series. it's not meant to be looked at too closely.
    Yeah, but if she's being abused, then that's definitely "serious".

Again he's been raised by Kirei so he's not the hugs and sunshine Shirou we all love.
    Exactly....

the main plot is revealed as you participate in the fights. the tournament is merely the basic premise of the plot. it's like mortal kombat (for which I have a crossover rp prepped btw) yes they are beating the crap out of each other but there's more to it then that.
    Ah, OK.

and again for third time now. I can do all BL members, all canons or a mix of both. such would be up to those committed to playing to decide.
    Well, then we have an impasse, since I'm only willing to play if canon characters are there. Otherwise I lack sufficient interest to spend the time I'd need to to play the RP properly, and that's not fair on the other players.

in new babylon either her or Ilya had to die. my logic was that while he's a dick Shinji could still be Rider's master where as if Ilya dies no one could really handle berserker and further Leys would die as well (not sure about Sella though) so on the list of less impactful deaths to the roster of available characters Sakura clocks in at two for that RP after Shini himself (who would have been killed in her place if not for the fact that it would have forced me to establish way more continuity then I wanted giving players less freedom)
    Well, I would just have picked Ilya, but failing that Shinji would work fine, and would be much less of a problem. Also, I don't see how Shinji could be Rider's master, and nor do I see how Shinji could be playable, for that matter. He lacks the willingless to give a shit, and Rider lacks the will to work with him.

of course this IS a discussion thread rather then whine how about you suggest an alternative.
    Well, I don't know the exact scenario, but I'd personally either use Ilya (who is actually a Grail outside of HF, and thus makes sense) or else Shinji.

those were just off the top of my head. i'm not sure which you think won't fit her.
    Well, apart from the blindingly obvious one (which, annoyingly, would probably have been the most interesting one to me if you hadn't decided to kill her off), she fits moderately poorly into Endless war (she may or may not be there, and I don't know what her status with regards to Zouken would be), reasonably into Fifth Period if she's not under Zouken's control, badly into Order of Solomon because of Shirou being a prick (if it's the Kotomine Shirou you've previously invented, anyway), poorly into Forged Path (unless someone invents a Heroic Spirit Sakura, which would likely have to be me...) and not at all into Lords of Fate if canon characters aren't allowed (and, even if they are, someone has to play them, and personally I'd rather interact with Sakura than be her).

Leopard has it right Canons as heroes and CG fighting a big tournament style fight, again that's just the basic part of the game the story will unfold as we go.
    Well, again, I'm somewhat unsure if I'm interested.

you aren't a tabletop p&p gamer mike. four is an ideal minimal Party size, I'll be playing as well though it's most NPC work.
    But surely that assumes everyone would be on the same side....

Blog Entries
    Oh boy, here we go again...
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but if she's being abused, then that's definitely "serious".
    you're over thinking the idea mike.

since I'm only willing to play if canon characters are there.
    rather then immediately passing you may want to ask the others interested what they think in regards to the set of characters available for players to choose. they may agree with your idea to have a mix of the two.

Well, I would just have picked Ilya, but failing that Shinji would work fine, and would be much less of a problem.
    I did note the issues I had with both of those choices. I can't see a way to make Shinji the sac without establishing a whole timeline of history before the rp's start (thus giving the players less freedom) so unless you have a solution for that we're kind of stuck

she fits moderately poorly into Endless war (she may or may not be there, and I don't know what her status with regards to Zouken would be)
    actually she fits surprisingly well

reasonably into Fifth Period if she's not under Zouken's control
    again, your over thinking it.

badly into Order of Solomon because of Shirou being a prick (if it's the Kotomine Shirou you've previously invented, anyway)
    god forbid Sakura has any adversity to triumph over or for K Shirou to be realistic...

poorly into Forged Path (unless someone invents a Heroic Spirit Sakura, which would likely have to be me...)
    it would be more logical for her to be a CG but whatever the base premise of forged path is that the participants are CG and heroic canons so that isn't an issue really.

and not at all into Lords of Fate if canon characters aren't allowed (and, even if they are, someone has to play them, and personally I'd rather interact with Sakura than be her).
    again a community issue. so talk to the others interested

But surely that assumes everyone would be on the same side....
    nope, parties can fight on different sides and such that's a part of role playing.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    you're over thinking the idea mike.
    Of course I am, because I want Sakura to be OK.

rather then immediately passing you may want to ask the others interested what they think in regards to the set of characters available for players to choose. they may agree with your idea to have a mix of the two.
    Well, perhaps.

Anyway, what's the situation here? Will canon characters who aren't being played be there, or will they be absent entirely? Because if it's just a war between Sabers with our PCs stuck in the middle, I think I'll probably give it a miss, whereas if there are other FSN canon characters around to interact with (and I don't just mean Sakura) I'd be a lot more interested.

I did note the issues I had with both of those choices. I can't see a way to make Shinji the sac without establishing a whole timeline of history before the rp's start (thus giving the players less freedom) so unless you have a solution for that we're kind of stuck
    Well, I can understand your position with Shinji, but honestly Sakura being used as the Grail makes much less sense than Ilya. She only even gets activated in HF, and if that happens then Gil doesn't stand a chance. I simply cannot see how he could use her as easily as he could Ilya, so surely he would take Ilya if he had to make a choice. Especially given that Rider is still alive (which makes no sense in itself if Sakura were killed), because there's no way in hell she'd just leave Sakura to die.

But, anyway, if you want to kill her off, then that's your choice, but don't expect me to be happy about it. I don't agree with your logic for killing her over Ilya (Berserker isn't going to be realistically playable anyway, and nor is Rider going to want to hang around with Shinji, especially if it follows a HF-like route, which it would have had to have done for Sakura to end up being used as the Grail), and further that whole reasoning basically boils down to "well, fuck Sakura, she's the odd one out", just like she always is.

actually she fits surprisingly well
    In what way?

again, your over thinking it.
    Yeah, probably, but given that we're talking about Sakura here that's not really surprising....

god forbid Sakura has any adversity to triumph over or for K Shirou to be realistic...
    Well, it depends on the situation, but in general your Kotomine Shirou pisses me off too much for me to like the idea. Plus, how is Sakura supposed to "triumph over adversity"? She's stuck in a situation where, without external help, she can do absolutely nothing.

it would be more logical for her to be a CG but whatever the base premise of forged path is that the participants are CG and heroic canons so that isn't an issue really.
    Well, yes, probably, but I'd rather not thoroughly screw over my favourite character in inventing my backstory, given that you seem to be doing a good enough job of it without my help....

again a community issue. so talk to the others interested
    Well, of course, but the problem would be if I get convinced into playing and then they change their minds afterwards, leading to me getting stuck in an RP I don't really want to play.

nope, parties can fight on different sides and such that's a part of role playing.
    How would that work, though? Surely they can't go around as a party when they have totally contradictory goals.
    Last edited by Mike1984; May 29th, 2011 at 03:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Anyway, what's the situation here? Will canon characters who aren't being played be there, or will they be absent entirely?
    again it's up to those interested in playing to decide. if you guys want them around then they'll be around but it's up to you to decide

Well, I can understand your position with Shinji, but honestly Sakura being used as the Grail makes much less sense than Ilya.
    those two are equally usable in the position of Sacrifice for the story to work (I'd like to use Shinji but again unless someone comes up with a way for Gil to make Shinji the sac without establishing a fuck load of continuity prior to the start of the rp I'm stuck) and it's basically flipping a coin here

Plus, how is Sakura supposed to "triumph over adversity"? She's stuck in a situation where, without external help, she can do absolutely nothing.
    Sakura's situation regarding zouken was not at all what i was referring to

given that you seem to be doing a good enough job of it without my help....
    if i'm not mistaken that's a back handed insult, classy mike, real classy

but the problem would be if I get convinced into playing and then they change their minds afterwards
    I don't know what other games you've been involved in but in my stuff once the rules are discussed they are firmly set so the players can't sudden decide to swap the set up mid game.

How would that work, though? Surely they can't go around as a party when they have totally contradictory goals.
    sure they can.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    again it's up to those interested in playing to decide. if you guys want them around then they'll be around but it's up to you to decide
    Well, I'll play if they're there (which probably means that Neir will campaign for them not to be just to stop me playing, but still...).

those two are equally usable in the position of Sacrifice for the story to work (I'd like to use Shinji but again unless someone comes up with a way for Gil to make Shinji the sac without establishing a fuck load of continuity prior to the start of the rp I'm stuck) and it's basically flipping a coin here
    How are they "equally useable"? Ilya makes a lot more sense than Sakura does. As for thinking up a way to use Shinji, that's damn hard when I don't know the actual backstory....

Sakura's situation regarding zouken was not at all what i was referring to
    Well, what were you referring to, then...?

if i'm not mistaken that's a back handed insult, classy mike, real classy
    Well, it's true....

I don't know what other games you've been involved in but in my stuff once the rules are discussed they are firmly set so the players can't sudden decide to swap the set up mid game.
    I wasn't talking about that, though. You said we had to commit before voting, right? So, what happens if three people say "yeah, we'll have canon characters", and then they change their minds once we actually get down to voting on it...? Or, worse, if it's a draw?

sure they can.
    How? Surely everyone would want to go to totally different locations....

Blog Entries
    How are they "equally useable"?
    it's a matter of Gil discovering them and Ilya and Sakura are obvious as to what they are while Shinji isn't an obviously choice.

As for thinking up a way to use Shinji, that's damn hard when I don't know the actual backstory....
    Gil decided fuck this noise I want the world back the way it was before all this useless crap then grabbed a grail and sac'd her to make his wish, it's a total cheat I know but that's gil for you, there you now have the back story.

Well, what were you referring to, then...?
    her position in regards to Shirou.

I wasn't talking about that, though. You said we had to commit before voting, right? So, what happens if three people say "yeah, we'll have canon characters", and then they change their minds once we actually get down to voting on it...? Or, worse, if it's a draw?
    you seemed to have confused the voting a bit. you guys discuss it decide among yourselves by majority and that becomes the game setup. then after that players have a chance to leave before we start if they don't agree with the rules.

How? Surely everyone would want to go to totally different locations....
    location doesn't matter to a party really.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    it's a matter of Gil discovering them and Ilya and Sakura are obvious as to what they are while Shinji isn't an obviously choice.
    But Sakura is not a Grail outside of HF. For him to use her, she has to have collected the souls, and unless she's activated she won't have. The only way he could use her outside of HF would be by ripping Ilya's heart out and sticking it in her, which would kill Ilya but not Sakura.

Gil decided fuck this noise I want the world back the way it was before all this useless crap then grabbed a grail and sac'd her to make his wish, it's a total cheat I know but that's gil for you, there you now have the back story.
    Erm, what are you talking about?

you seemed to have confused the voting a bit. you guys discuss it decide among yourselves by majority and that becomes the game setup. then after that players have a chance to leave before we start if they don't agree with the rules.
    Well, yes, I was confused because that's what you told me. You said I had to commit before I could vote....

location doesn't matter to a party really.
    Eh? What do you mean?

Blog Entries
    But Sakura is not a Grail outside of HF. For him to use her, she has to have collected the souls, and unless she's activated she won't have. The only way he could use her outside of HF would be by ripping Ilya's heart out and sticking it in her, which would kill Ilya but not Sakura.
    Gil cheated the bounds of what he did to make a wish before the servants are all dead are undefined thus regardless of usage conditions he does use one of them

Erm, what are you talking about?
    I was giving you the back story. there it is.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Gil cheated the bounds of what he did to make a wish before the servants are all dead are undefined thus regardless of usage conditions he does use one of them
    That doesn't make sense, though. If you can bullshit your way around canon enough to allow that, why can't you bullshit your way around canon enough to kill someone who isn't Sakura or Ilya (or, even, no-one at all)...?

I was giving you the back story. there it is.
    That doesn't exactly help me come up with a way to stop you arbitrarily killing off my favourite character just because you can't be arsed to think of anything better....

Blog Entries
    If you aren't happy with the way the GM wants the game to be, you don't have to be in it.