As a few people have already noticed, my name has acquired a snazzy new color. While a part of me will miss wearing a taiga-centric color, I overall am looking forward to what will hopefully be a painless process of integrating to my new role as admin. Now, I actually was taken a little off guard by this myself, so this notification thread is more then a little unpolished.

Cliff notes version, the vote had been in the works for a while, but it being completed today, which resulted in my being tapped to replace the vacancy that roadbuster left behind, was not something I had anticipated. That said, me being made administrator will only effect a few areas of BL and most of these are things normal forumites will not be effected by. The changes that most concern you is as an admin I have some extra latitude in my day to day policing of the forum, and my vote will count differently then it did as a moderator.

I feel it is important to note that my elevation is, at least in my view, a statement of trust by the other admins and moderators, and I have every intention of living up to that trust as absolute best I can. I am not perfect, as any number of members have happily explained to me during my time on BL, but I hope I can do my job well and help maintain the friendly, welcoming place that was so nice to the n00b that thought the third magic was time travel, and the root referred to the big bang. (that was in like, 2010 or so for those of you with copies of the old forum, look it up, I did that)

My elevation aside, my no longer acting as a mod leaves a vacancy in our mean green team. This is a problem because both seika and mac have noted that the work maintaining and running the forum was more stressful then they had envisioned, as a result, there is a high likelihood we will look for another active member (actually, some on the team are even pushing for two new members) to join the crew.

...and if that should occur, hopefully I will be a bit better about doing one of these forum notifications.