View Poll Results: Should there be new mods; if so, how many?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

9 20.00%

16 35.56%

7 15.56%
  • 3+

13 28.89%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mods: Yea or Nay

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Temp bans can be long, I think Cruor adressed that in the History thread. Ban someone like Mike for a year, when he come backs see if he changed otherwise its back to the ban bench.

(Note: Don't actually try this using my example because Mike has not changed in the fucking slightest, and he votes for UKIP)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just bring Mike back and ban his account from the Sakura club and every site with more than 30% purple

Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Just bring Mike back and ban his account from the Sakura club and every site with more than 30% purple
    I thought he caused the most trouble in tm general and fanfics.

I'd ban him from there if anything
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    The place where he was the actual biggest offender was RP, fanfics and general

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    I thought he caused the most trouble in tm general and fanfics.

I'd ban him from there if anything
    Yeah nobody gave a fuck if he posted in fan clubs it was an issue when he snapped on a new ff thread and proceeded to beat the enthusiasm out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I like the idea of mods for subforums. Along with Cruor's temp ban idea. It gives a mod more leeway since you can just temp someone for being a dick for a few days without making it a serious matter that's worth permanently banning them over. But that's just me.
    How about using different "classes" of mods, a mod for managing derails, a mod for managing Vitriol, a mod for, well, whatever you know.

Blog Entries
    I'd be in favor of temp banning people for long periods rather then perma bans, I think that people can learn from their mistakes and if not well then just ban them for another year and see if they get better after that.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why is there this need for a role shuffle, mods and their current jobs are fine as is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    I'd be in favor of temp banning people for long periods rather then perma bans, I think that people can learn from their mistakes and if not well then just ban them for another year and see if they get better after that.
    Permas should still have a role, and thats to remove bad seeds that show clear intent of never improving themselves.

Basically I'm saying keep Mike on a perma no matter what, but let Food or god forbid even Magos trickle back in.

Blog Entries
    I do agree with Christemo mostly (Which I don't think has ever happened lol), but if you do it for one person then it would only be right if you gave them all the chance.

And if you really believe he's that bad and he gets banned again in days then that would be his fault which I would also fully support.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I'm honored to be nominated, but I think I'm going to be less active in the coming months so I won't have the time to do the position the justice it needs.
    13uster would be good, he's been around a long time. Actually for the first year I was here I kept thinking he was a mod.
    Raff, Kirby, or Me would be good as well.
    I like Curor's idea of mods have responsibility of certain boards. While they don't have to stay there and other mods can mod in that board, it should be like if there's a problem that needs addressing you can go to that person instead of shouting "mods!"
    Don't leave You ;_;
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Why is there this need for a role shuffle, mods and their current jobs are fine as is.

- - - Updated - - -

Permas should still have a role, and thats to remove bad seeds that show clear intent of never improving themselves.

Basically I'm saying keep Mike on a perma no matter what, but let Food or god forbid even Magos trickle back in.
    Mods and Admins hate Food. Their only purpose for continuing is to ensure food stays banned forever.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The only structural change I want is faster rotation.

Don't always just wait for massive drama to happen until you change people, when they get less active actually boot them and get new ones, this way shit like the total disconnect between moderation and userbase that happened a while ago can't happen.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

I'm honored to be nominated, but I think I'm going to be less active in the coming months so I won't have the time to do the position the justice it needs.
    or Me would be good as well.
    You're sending mixed signals here and I don't like it.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    You're sending me mixed signals here and I don't like it.
    I think You would be a good moderator.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Temp bans can be long, I think Cruor adressed that in the History thread. Ban someone like Mike for a year, when he come backs see if he changed otherwise its back to the ban bench.

(Note: Don't actually try this using my example because Mike has not changed in the fucking slightest, and he votes for UKIP)
    Well, I should expand that I do not think year long bans should be the norm even in this case. Only for the really really bad ones.

The problem with bans here is it brings so much drama. If a person gets banned for 4 days or a week or so instead of causing an enviorment where people with lots of strikes get baited into insulting others or something which causes 8 other users to start bitch everytime a person gets banned.

It causes a lot less stress for both the mods and the user if you just get banned right off the bat for a period and that's that. I mean one of my favorite things I've heard here is Mike getting super angry and ranting either in his blog or some thread that he can't do his job when he's spending most of the time wondering if he will be permabanned or not. "But Cruor the strike system fixed this" no it didn't I thought it was horrible when Christemo was saying he was scared to post much because he thought tobias was hounding him for the last few strikes needed.

This would have worked wonders during the sock puppet thing as well.
    Last edited by Cruor; May 11th, 2015 at 03:14 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    "But Cruor the strike system fixed this" no it didn't I thought it was horrible when Christemo was saying he was scared to post much because he thought tobias was hounding him for the last few strikes needed.
    That was actually before the strike system, but that involved me being banned for LITERALLY NOTHING twice in a row so I basically had to stop posting for the better part of a month so that the ladder could reset.

And before anyone asks on expansion on the descriptor LITERALLY NOTHING, it was LITERALLY NOTHING, and those were still only the 2nd most retarded bans I've gotten (the 1st being when Altima deemed the sig I swapped to after he made me change my previous one "sarcastic and smug" and listed the reason on the ban as "Come back when you've learned your lesson", which is literally the most lol thing of all time)
    Last edited by Christemo; May 11th, 2015 at 03:17 PM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    retarded bans
    using the word retarded

strike three!!!!!!
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    He thought it was Tobias but really it was mAc all along.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ive been rused.

- - - Updated - - -

Though that'd only be strike two so thats some clear mod corruption.

Blog Entries
    Someone let me know if there has actually been a suggestion worth reading in the last 5 pages or so
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.