I don't remember you actively denying it, Siriel.

I think what Spin has in mind is something I call the GD Syndrome. Allow me to explain:

What is GD Syndrome?
It's like a reverse-Pinocchio, "every time you admit you're wrong, your e-penis will shrink", kind of thing.

What are GD Syndrome's symptoms?
Whenever it feels that he's "losing" the debate at hand, the patient will move the goalposts, or change the subject, or stop posting. In Nasuverse terms, it would be a maxed out Disengage skill.

How did GD Syndrome originate?
Its exact origin is unknown, although it mirrors similar patterns of behavior in other Internet communities. For some reason, Type-Moon General Discussion, with its long-standing culture of "lore worship", "epeen", "spinecrushing" and the like, has been a particularly fertile ground for this phenomenon. Whatever the real reason, it's been deeply ingrained in the culture of General Discussion since at least 2006 (DEEN anime era), and many forumites, both illustrious and infamous, have shown its symptoms.

How may I protect myself from GD Syndrome?
Whenever applicable, post these words:
"You are right. I was wrong."
And smile.
(BTW, Siriel, I wasn't thinking of you, or anyone in particular, when I wrote this stuff. I have nothing against you.)