Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Art of Falling in Love (Rin/Shirou) (UBW True)

Blog Entries

The Art of Falling in Love (Rin/Shirou) (UBW True)

Author's Comments: Another old short of mine imported from ASuki. Whoo!

Tagline: In her life, Tohsaka Rin only loved two men.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The first man Tohsaka Rin loved was a man who, in her opinion, was one of the greatest magi to ever live. He followed the code and supported his ideals right until the very end; touched by him as a child, she chased desperately after his shadow until she was seventeen, tried her hardest to follow in his footsteps and become the magus he had been, the magus he had trained her to be.

The first man Tohsaka Rin ever loved was her father, and she never got over him.

It was an innocent love, in the way of children; not the love of a woman to a man, not even the love of a girl to a boy. It was the love of a daughter to her father, the love of a child who idolized an adult. She had been young, and innocent, and at the time all she had known on that day was that he wouldn’t come back. And she had loved him anyway, even knowing that, even when she went up to her room, locked the door, and wept into her pillow for two hours, later resolving to never cry again because if he had been there, he would have scolded her.

When Rin was older, she learned of the flaws that came with the man she had loved. She learned that being a magus first, while it had suited him fine, was a poor fit for her personality and self; she learned that he had been a horrible, horrible judge of character, and cursed the fact that he had somewhat passed that flaw onto her.

But the greatest flaw of the man she had loved, the only true sin he had probably ever committed in his life, was lost to her until the night she saw it burned into her sister’s skin. The night she had spent at the Matou mansion, crying, covered in blood from her sister’s nails, trying her best to heal her sister’s pain and hold her close as she screamed and thrashed, was the night Rin learned that the man she had loved with all her heart was a man who had sentenced her sister to Hell.

She knew this now, at seventeen. Her father hadn’t been perfect; he hadn’t been the shining, white knight she had held up on a pedestal, the perfect magus she had chased after for as long as she could remember.

She loved him anyway. Even when morning came and she groggily opened her eyes, her sister whimpering in her sleep and snuggling even more tightly into her arms, she knew she still loved him. Yes, he had been a flawed man, he had committed many wrongs. She could never deny that.

But he had been her father, and she had loved him from childhood. To give up that love now was to cut out a piece of her heart and leaving it bleeding somewhere alone and cold.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

The second man Tohsaka Rin loved hadn’t even been a man when she met him; he was just a boy, a boy with a heart of gold and a stubborn streak that put her own to shame. He chased after his ideals full speed, never looking back. Sometimes Rin felt that even if she sprinted as fast as she could, she could never keep up with the boy, even if she poured all of her heart and soul into it.

The second man Tohsaka Rin ever loved was Emiya Shirou, and he was the man she would eventually die beside.

It started out as most romances did; a crush. Seeing the boy from a distance, admiring him, and then realizing he was in her school, which led to mild interaction. It wasn’t until the Holy Grail War that it shifted; that admiration deepened into friendship, and friendship eventually became true, honest love. She had seen the boy that was Shirou, had seen the man he could become that was Archer, and was shocked to realize that knowing this only made her love the boy more, even as she did her best during the War to save the man. In the end, the man was lost, and she was left with the boy.

Unlike her father, it didn’t take long for Rin to pick up on the fact that Shirou had one huge, glaring, obvious flaw beyond his mile wide stubborn streak: even after the War, he was simply far too nice for his own good. He may have accepted how impossible his ideals were, and had learned to value his own life because if hedidn’t, his girlfriend would beat him, but at his core, Shirou was still far too kind, and still had a bad tendency of valuing the life of others over his own. It was a flaw he would never be without, and to be honest, Rin had to admit that even when the flaw annoyed her to her last wit, it was still part of what she loved so much about the boy.

The same age as she was, Shirou was far from being the ideal lover, even when they had been together for some time. He was often rough when they were alone in bed, something she secretly enjoyed but always scolded him for; he hardly knew how to react, if he did at all, to times when she felt oddly affectionate towards him, either at his house or in school when they were alone. He still seemed to enjoy teasing her far too much for his own good, even when she found a way to return the favor.

And, if Rin was honest with herself, she knew that was part of the fun.

He wasn’t perfect; he was perhaps the one boy who suited her well, but certainly not the boy who suited her the best. Life with him would never be easy, or quick, or simple. Life with him would often be hard, sometimes very rough, and even more often it would be complicated and quite possibly painful. It was no secret that if Rin wanted, she could have a boy who had more of her mindset, who licked her very hand if she commanded it.

But if there was one thing Shirou had over every boy who had ever chased after her, it was that he knew her; not only the top student that the others saw in school. He knew the cold magus who tried so hard to suppress her heart, he knew the girl who he teasingly called ‘demon’ and enjoyed playing pranks on him, he knew the Master who had grieved for the death of her Servant even when the War had ended.

And he knew the girl who had come home to him that afternoon, pale and covered in blood, and had held her tightly in his arms, stroking her hair and whispering when she had collapsed into his chest, sobbing out her anger and frustration.

Loving Shirou would never be easy, but then again, Rin would have been very, very bored if life had been easy.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

“Would your father have liked me?”

He asks it one night, in the dark; she is snuggled on his chest, gently tracing small patterns on his skin as her hair spills around them both. They’re both still warm and a little sweaty from sex, covered only by the sheet of his futon; they both know tomorrow morning there will be trouble, since she’s never stayed the night before, and Taiga doesn’t know yet that they’re dating.

But he asked her to stay, softly and with gentle eyes, and she said yes.

Rin doesn’t even need to think about it. “He would have despised you,” she says with a soft laugh, shifting to look into his golden eyes. “You’re everything he always taught me to not be.”

Shirou snorts; there is no anger or sadness in the sound. He never knew Rin’s father personally, but he has seen the impact he had on the girl he loves, and he knows the man would have hated him.

“Nothing to say to that?”

“You just confirmed something I already knew.” He strokes her back lightly. “I guess I just wanted to hear it from you.”

Idiot, she muses affectionately, lightly pinching his chest and amused by his hiss. “For what it’s worth,” she says lightly, smiling, “I like you a lot.”

He laughs softly at that, his hand moving up to run through her hair, and Rin purrs and curls tighter against him, figuring that yes, there’s nothing wrong with staying this way for the rest of her life, if she somehow can.

“Just like?”

She smiles, and this time she nips lightly at his neck, thrilled by the soft gasp Shirou releases, the way he shudders at the sensation and holds her tighter.

“Don’t push it.”

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    New(Old?) story by Mamabeam! Yay~!

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Blog Entries
    Kinda old. I wrote it a few months ago, but I'm rather fond of it.

Awesome.

Loved it.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Glad you loved it.

Blog Entries
    This was a once one, thanks for bringing it over
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Naisu!
    I really like it.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Beautifully written. Love it!

like it as well.

the sakura clinging at rin caught my attention most though....

Blog Entries
    Touching and well written. It flows nicely and doesn't linger too long on any particular aspect. Excellent work, RB.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

One-shot was awesome. What else is there to say?

Definitely nice piece. On a personal note, the reminder of Rin's adoration for her father makes me feel... bleh... though that's because I dislike Tokiomi.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, yeah, but this is Rin we're talking about, and he's her father. It's not easy to just throw away your love for your father like that, even if you know he made a terrible mistake which condemned your beloved sister to a living hell.

A very nice fic, and with a good analysis of Rin's psyche. I hardly can say anymore, it is that good.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, yeah, but this is Rin we're talking about, and he's her father. It's not easy to just throw away your love for your father like that, even if you know he made a terrible mistake which condemned your beloved sister to a living hell.
    I'm not disputing the characterization. I fully believe Rin was portrayed IC. I was just expressing my personal dislike of Tokiomi.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, yeah, I agree with you regarding Tokiomi, but it's her father. You can't expect her to stop loving him just because he was a complete and utter moron. Plus, it's not like hating him for what he did will magically wipe away the last eleven years of Sakura's life and let them start over.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Short and sweet. A nice little one-shot.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amado View Post
    the sakura clinging at rin caught my attention most though....
    I am ashamed to admit that I actually enjoyed writing those parts, as much as I enjoyed all of the Rin character dissection and fluffy Rin/Shirou goings-on.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, after all Sakura has been through, I think she deserves the right to cling tightly to her sister....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, after all Sakura has been through, I think she deserves the right to cling tightly to her sister....
    I think I just have a thing for getting Rin all bloody and broken, in all honesty.