Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixing DEEN FSN

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bedivere should have been voiced by Wakamoto.
    don't quote me on this

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Having watched and enjoyed the DEEN anime, what I would have done to fix it, is just to fill in some gaps, because when I watched it, there was a bit where I came to the next episode and felt like I missed something entirely. So just to fill in a few things in continuity. Put in some more stuff alluding to Sakura and Rin's relationship so the sudden hug thing doesn't feel like it's coming out of nowhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    just make it not look like complete ass maybe
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    From my experience DEEN F/SN is great as is if you only watch first three episodes. I did and totally enjoyed them. But then I make a mistake by watching what's is number the episode with Archer vs Berserker fight which was crap. It sufficiently lowered the overall evaluation of the show. So don't do it, don't watch that episode. And all the other episodes too, just for caution.
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It actually is all you need to do. The inclusion of Sakura/Rin plot elements that weren't in the Fate route wasn't necessarily bad, it was just rather clumsily done. The idea was good though, there was no initial plan to go doing other route adaptations, so in order to get a closer to 'complete' package it was natural to try and include elements of the routes of the other heroines. Ufo UBW doesn't have to do this because they have HF movie(s) coming along and the already existing Fate route adaptation by our good friends DEEN. Also, despite looking like garbage Saber landing the final blow on Gilgamesh was a beautiful moment in the DEENime.

It's a shame that visually, everything else is a joke.

Blog Entries
    I would have tried to limit it to Fate content tbh since their handling of other route elements was some really bizarre shit if you were not familiar with the source.

yeah it actually is less weird if you know whats supposed to be done there

^

And no latex sakura please

The three main problems with DEEN/Stay Night are the animation, characterization, and execution. The animation is self-explanatory. The characterization problems stem from a lack of inner-monologues, or, more specifically Shirou's inner monologues. And the execution in many places was not too good. Bondage Sakura serving as a good example. Another problem is choosing the Fate route, but that's a can of worms I'd rather not open.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I would have tried to limit it to Fate content tbh since their handling of other route elements was some really bizarre shit if you were not familiar with the source.

yeah it actually is less weird if you know whats supposed to be done there
    The only part that was really weird was Sakura's Rider/Dark Sakura outfit. They also could have explained more about Rin and Sakura since a lot of it was done through allusion and flashbacks, I think it would be easy to miss what's going on. That and CG dragon.

The actual Caster arc was great because it made Caster look like a threat, her death scene was actually more touching than Ufo's and it made Gil have an amazing entrance.

It's funny since for all the time the DEENime's been out I always felt like it didn't get Shirou's complex enough well so people thought he was an idiot, but then Ufo basically is doing the same thing if not worse.

Between all the viewings introducing my friends to FSN with it, I think I've seen it like 25 times and gotten a sense of people's reactions to it, the problems people usually have had with it (if they had problems, most people liked it) were actually just things about Fate route that they didn't like. "It's just kids in high school, this is not mature enough," "why do all these girls gravitate to him," that kind of thing. Or lore questions that never get explained until later, like what the deal with the Grail being corrupted is.

Looking back only two or three people out of like 20 ended up not liking it, because they couldn't get over all that nitpicky stuff ultimately.

I never noticed a problem with the animation until I got online and people compared it to other stuff, until then I just thought it was pretty much like anything else you'd see on TV.

Rewatching the Archer Herk battle recently was great, I forgot how many references to other Archer stuff they threw in. He did Crane Wing, Broken NPs, everything.
    Last edited by mAc Chaos; May 14th, 2015 at 09:32 AM.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    He even controlled the moon!

Blog Entries
    This is why it was clumsy, but I don't think from the get-go it's an idea that's immediately doomed for failure. It's hard to do though, for sure.

also mac watching the anime 25 times what is WRONG WITH YOU

Blog Entries
    why was there a huge underground temple, why was Kojirou there, what the fuck even happened, why is Sakura in that outfit, what is going on

I don't want to talk it down too much because I think for an adaption it works fine. It's nowhere near as bad as things like the Tsukihime Anime. It's just average. The only thing that's actually bad about it is how it screwed up Shirou with providing only little hints to his inner conflict which then in the end just make him look like a generic shounen protagonist except dumber and everything about the visuals except for one thing.

They knew they couldn't deliver in the visuals I guess (can't be budget issues, probably just deen. this must've been high-profile even then if you look at the key adaptions coming out around that time? could be wrong though) which is why they tried to cram in as much visual callbacks to the original VN as they could. They often held shots that were 1:1 CGs from the game, just transposed in the pretty ugly looking DEEN style.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    also mac watching the anime 25 times what is WRONG WITH YOU
    everyone has that one movie they have to show their friends right

why was there a huge underground temple, why was Kojirou there, what the fuck even happened, why is Sakura in that outfit, what is going on
    I always thought it was a nod towards her Territory Creation skill.

The Sakura outfit was a nod to how Caster dresses up Saber in the wedding dress. It's not that different but you just don't expect it. If she does it to Saber it doesn't seem like she'd have a problem doing it to someone else.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ive actually only seen the BD version, were they re-cut it into three movie-length OVAs and made a new opening, and that was actually pretty great, also because it didnt include the anime-original stuff (except for the Archer vs Herk fight, which was, after all, pretty great.)

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    25 X 24 X 20=12000/60=200 hours.....Damn mAc!
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

Blog Entries
    now i know why you defend that thing

youre mindbroken

its just like my doujins

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    my episodes are loading on their own

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Bedivere should have been voiced by Wakamoto.
    Way to ruin that scene. "HARRO SIRE! YOU REGAINED CONSCIOUSNESS! HOW AH YOU?"
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The only bit which put me off of the DEEN anime was the Dark Sakura bit. It just seemed to come out of nowhere and be very poorly done, which sort of lowered my enjoyment of the remaining episodes. Up until that part however I was really enjoying it, the animation didn't really bother me since I didn't really notice any huge mix ups and the soundtrack was pretty great, 'Unmei no Yoru' in particular.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Rowanism's Avatar
    Make a visual counter for every instance Shirou shouts or says "Saber".