Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3944474849505154 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinzaverse/Masada's Chuuni Mind - Dies Irae/Kajiri Kamui Kagura/Senshinkan/Other Light Games

Dies irae Pantheon plot premise:

Does living with purpose yield joy or misery? I did not know the answer... Yet I found myself yearning for an unattainable world. To lead an unremarkable life of peaceful mundanity, and pass away peacefully. That is the life I wished for you. A path far different from my own.

It was a universe in which wrath was dominant. That's what her intuition had told her. For Seven Generations, Seven Cycles, Seven Heavens, the Throne had perpetuated itself. Sustained itself on rage.

That serves as a passport to a priviliged standing. The greater one's ire, the deeper one's indignation runs, the higher they are elevated to planes unknown. Those who held on to it, emanated it, would be the ones to brush the strokes with paint. The Day of Wrath, Dies irae.

The Goddess known as the Twilight was a clear exception. But that exception would ultimately reflect a Goddess of Death. For if the rules were to be broken, that would herald the system's collapse. Thus, the hour of reckoning has finally come.

The Truth grins, the Merciless stands tall, the Morning Star attempts to decipher the riddle. The Mercury sheds his skin, born anew. The Gold exalts, the Ephemeral Moment and the Twilight paint dreams of peace, and Hajun senses his true enemy. But what does the Dawn look towards?

On that day, every God shall gather, and the curtain will be raised upon their final fight.

Muzan

Live in the embrace of sin and punishment, for that is man.
    Paradise Lost: 墮天無慙楽土, Daten Muzan Rakudo (The Degenerate Heaven, The Remorseless Paradise) The second generation god who toppled Shinga and took the Throne, his law planted the original sin in every living being, creating the world of primordial karma.
    Therefore, with the desires growing to the extremes, not being shackled by anything, the era where atrocious crime equal to progression of civilazation had begun.
    The Paradise where evil consumes evil.
    A world where strength is everything, sinful people poisoned by cruelty and shamelessness, and if shame does not exist, neither does regret.
    Saltanel

White, White, Be dyed in the colours of the pure white salt Zoar: 明星悲想天, Myoujou Hisouten (A compassionate heaven, born from the perception of the Morning Star)
    The name of that God is the Morningstar.

The third god who has defeated the Remorseless and took over the throne. According to his law, every living being is born with no primordial sin, purified to the core.
    A dystopian colony like society that denied human personality in the name of the world devoid of evil or conflict.
    A prison of salt born of obsessive desire for purity and sterility---such is the world of the Morningstar.

Mercurius

The name of that god is the Mercury.
    The fourth god who has defeated the Morningstar and took over the throne. According to his law, every living being is locked within an endless loop.
    The bearer of the new age of the Divine Throne who has introduced the concept of the afterlife and expanded his realm across the entire multiverse by sealing the axis of time itself.
    This is the god who boasts the longest reign to date.
    Reinhard

The name of that God is the Gold. A Godslayer born from a God's Apoptosis, a desire for self-destruction.
    Having lived for far too long, the Mercury fell into despair and desired his own death, creating the Gold as a being that could slay him.
    For this reason the two are as parent and child, bosom friends, and simultaneously both irreconcilable enemies and inseparable companions that share their fate with one another.
    As the Gold is the incarnation of the Mercury's desire for self-destruction, should the latter perish, so would the former.
    For this reason, while the Gold achieved the status of a God, he could never claim the Throne.
    Marie

The name of that God is the Twilight. The Fifth God that inherited the title from the Mercury, who abdicated the Throne in her favor. Her Law was that of a world where all life reincarnates in a cycle of eternal transmigration.
    The most striking characteristic of her Law was that as one experiences countless lives in the cycle of Saṃsāra, the souls of man gradually became mixed and intermingled.
    As a result, the discrimination of race, sex and wealth became faded as the differences between people diluted. Over the course of many ages and incarnations, the souls of mankind would grow and mature.
    In addition, across all ages, the Twilight's Fifth Throne was the only that allowed the co-existence of different Gods.
    Ren

The name of that God is the Moment. An artificial lifeform created by the Mercury to facilitate the growth of the Twilight as a god.
    He later shattered the shackles of his born purpose and awakened as a God, but realizing that his Law would only plunge the cosmos into eternal stasis through the stopping of all time, he deemed himself unworthy of Godhood and yielded the Throne to the Twilight.
    As such, he serves as her guardian and the shield of the Fifth Throne.
    Hajun

The name of that God is Hajun. The God of the Sixth Throne who defeated the Twilight and stole away the Throne from her, his Law was that of a world where all lives kill one another until only one remains.
    Bearing extreme, maddened egotism, he believed himself to be the only existence that bears any kind of meaning in the entirety of creation, and decreed that everyone other than him are to die. His was the single most terrible Law in the history of the Throne.
    The Gods' affinity chart:
    Shinga: Loves everyone!
    Muzan: Loves the Morning Star! The Truth should die!
    Morning Star: Everyone's dumb...
    Mercury: Loves the Twilight! Loves the Gold! Hajun should die!
    Gold: Loves everyone!
    Twilight: Loves the Moment!
    Moment: Loves the Twilight! Hajun should die!
    Hajun: Doesn't acknowledge the others even exist

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Huh, at first I thought the crystals on Satanael's Throne were ice, but reading his profile I wonder if they're actually meant to be giant salt crystals. Also, is Truth the only one with no translated profile?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just so you know, the guest artist image at the end of episode 14 might appeal to shotacons.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Just so you know, the guest artist image at the end of episode 14 might appeal to shotacons.
    Yep. I was quite surpirsed that Isaak's endcard would be so lewd.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries

Fuck. Some of the comments are already assuming to watch the anime first. Fate/zero secondary effect.

Wonder why they didn't use the new switch opening.

Because if you check the upload date, that video was uploaded like 2 months ago. The OP wasn't public yet
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I know that Lotus X Rusalka (well, red Anna) was voted best couple, as well they should have been, but who were the others on that list? In Rea route, did Gladsheim get cheating powers? First of all, Gladsheim dropped a weakened Rusalka on a swastika point to then reabsorb her to activate that swastika. If Gladsheim could do that, wouldn't it be able to activate all the swastikas instantly by reusing previously absorbed souls from the get-go? Secondly, when Isaak's skeletal hand grabbed Kei, how many swastika points were open? I thought Gladsheim couldn't manifest with a low swastika amount?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In terms of Schreiber, I know that s/he is a master of killing and probably even a master of sex, but is s/he also a master of laundry? Before being recruited by Reinhard, Schreiber and Wilhelm lived in the streets. Wilhelm dresses as you would expect from a street punk, in dirty tatters, but Schreiber's dress is still pure white. Was that just the artist not wanting to add in more details, or did Schreiber learn more than sex from his parents (like normal chores, such as laundry)?

Mithra
    http://www.light.gr.jp/light/product...8_D8yWt3pb.mp3
    "Introductions are in order, first. I am known as the Truth - Mithra. It was I who gathered the others here, and it is also I who will command them. My acquaintances say that I'm not one to be a leader, and I tend to agree...But I have no intention of relinquishing this delectable position to anyone else. I mean, isn't it wonderful? So many fine men are gathered in one place. And this position allows me to toy with them freely... I almost wonder if I'm worthy of this much luck. I've loved the Remorseless for ages now. His murderous impulses make my heart beat excitedly like a drum. The Morning Star's straight-laced seriousness makes me want to tease him so much, and the Mercury's perverted nature is ever so exciting. The Gold's fervency and masculinity are truly to my tastes, and the Moment's strict and earnest nature is simply too adorable. And Hajun... His problematic nature tickles my maternal instincts. So with this being the case, I wish to make all these men my own. Or rather, that is fully my intent. All men are meant to fall in love with me. In which case, nothing's wrong here, no?"

Remorseless
    http://www.light.gr.jp/light/product...7_S2teuVYp.mp3
    "Now then... What to do? I've nothing to tell you. The others seem to call me the Remorseless, which is to say I am a man that knows neither shame nor regret for his actions. Therefore, I am not one who would ever be in such a place. I've already fulfilled my role and left the world. Interfering with the future goes against my principles. Hence, you may do as you please. Or so I would say, but circumstances have changed. I had resolved to settle my scores, but things are not yet over. Truly, such a farce... But I've no choice. If it is not yet over, I need only continue. Continue what, you ask? Why, my remorseless acts, of course. I will put an end to what was left unfinished. You will one day understand the particularities of what I mean. For the time being... Observe."

Saltanel
    http://www.light.gr.jp/light/product...6_aT5xD62i.mp3
    "My friends, what would you call the most vile of evils? Would it be murder? Theft? Perhaps perjury? All of those may be despicable, but they are not the root of wickedness. All evil stems from ignorance. The things one does not understand frighten the heart of man, and spur him to foolish acts. That is why I once strived to purge that from the world, and the results of the endeavor aside, my feelings remain unchanged. My fate is to unravel the indistinct. And for that purpose, I stand here now. Therefore, you too, should know of me. Lest you be drenched in evil...Know my name, for it is the Morning Star. Let us meet again, soon..."
    Mercurius
    http://www.light.gr.jp/light/product...2_B8z5VLDQ.mp3
    "Aaah, indeed. I see. My dear companion has already handled introductions. You, and you, and you, as well. Such a gathering of familiar faces. Did you long to see me again that much? Truly, to have such one-sided emotion directed at me can be unpleasant, but... it does save me the trouble of explaining things. As you surely already know, this world is one where Gods subrogate one another. In other words, multiple gods fundamentally cannot coexist in the same age. However, it seems that rule has since crumbled... Or perhaps there was some truth we were unaware of at work. Either way, things being as they are, individuals who could never meet one another have all gathered in one place. Fascinating, is it not? But being reunited with my beloved goddess is all I could ask for... I do intend to do anything she would wish for."
    Reinhard
    http://www.light.gr.jp/light/product...1_y6QZ3xUP.mp3

"Brothers and sisters, what if I told you your entire life had been decided by fate? That victors were born for glory; that the defeated live only to serve? You live your life as it had been decided in advance, always reaching the same finale, unable to diverge, no matter what. What if I told you the universe was woven from such a cruel fabric? I wonder how many among you experienced déjà vu from this oration of mine? In other words, I'm asking how many among you know of me? Well, if you do not know me, no matter. I am not dready enough a man to torment newcomers.That said, complete ignorance can bring upon problems. You should investigate the words "Dies Irae Pantheon" to some rudimentary extent. Therein lies the cause for which we fight, the banner under which we gather. Should you research into the gist of things, you may inquire more deeply into my person. I do not mind. Having come this far, our stories will one day surely mingle. Henceforth, the order of things matters not. My life has already reached its end, and yet here I stand once again upon the stage. I will no doubt have you lend me your strength to overcome this peculiar situation. So when the time comes, remember this: I love all of creation. Now then... How was it? Have you experienced that déjà vu...?"
    Ren
    http://www.light.gr.jp/light/product...4_b9DtMuix.mp3

"I swear, what kind of fucked up karma brought this on...Not only do I have to meet these guys I never wanted to see again, I have to be acquainted with people who are just as annoying. And cooperate with all of them, on top of everything? This is some kind of bullying, I tell you. There's no way we could ever unite and work together. But Marie looks resolved, and I did agree to this to begin with...Now that things have come down to this, it'd be convenient to stick around, for the sake of keeping watch over everything...Aaah, sorry. This all turned into me complaining. Not that I'm trying to whine or anything, but I'd be happy if you understood my position in this whole mess. Seriously, there isn't a single normal person here. In more ways than one, it's a gathering of bitter enemies. And don't you dare say this looks like it'll be fun. I'm sure you won't be this complacent soon enough. So you better prepare yourselves. Having other other worldly-wise people on my side would be a bit comforting, you know?"
    Marie
    http://www.light.gr.jp/light/product...3_N8m7JjF5.mp3
    "Hello! Do you all know who I am? Or is this our first meeting? I think the others already explained this, but we've all finished our roles and retired. But for some reason, we've all been gathered here. We're all anxious because we don't know how or why it happened, and we have this bad feeling about this... so we all discussed how we should approach this. Well, it wasn't a very peaceful discussion... But that's probably to be expected, since they're all so distinctive people. Poor Ren had the worst of it, too. So I would be really happy if you could find out what happened to us, and what's going to happen from now on. No... I believe you deserve to know."
    Hajun
    http://www.light.gr.jp/light/product...5_s6GeiBhH.mp3
    "Shut up... Be quiet... Stop spouting your pointless bullshit... All I want is to be alone... All I need to be complete is myself... so I don't need anything but myself...I thought I had finally found true peace, but what the hell happened to me...? Buzz off already... You stink, you little shits... Why do you touch me...?! I need to cleanse myself... But I can't be bothered with you... I'll give you my shit, so you little shits can kill each other like the shits you are...HAHAHAHA! SO THAT'S WHERE YOU WERE, YOU PIECES OF TRASH! DON'T CLING TO MY BODY, DON'T CRAWL OVER ME, DON'T TOUCH ME, STOP SQUEALING, YOU STINK YOU STINK YOU STINK YOU STINKKKKK!!!"
    Tsukuyomi
    http://www.light.gr.jp/light/product...9_M9aAHQ4p.mp3
    "Pardon me... I've been invited to this dignified gathering, but haven't any idea what to say...No, I do see this as a great honor, of course. So great it feels wasted on someone like me... Or rather, it's almost too awe-inspiring...I'm just so trifling compared to everyone else, I feel like I should know my place and stay silent...Instead, allow me to speak of my distinguished master. My master's name is the Dawn. The exalted Seventh Throne, who is extremely... not... diligent. And a far-cry from... graceful. They are cheerful, if not selfish, and on top of being a glutton, are terrible at waking up on time and bad at cleaning. And despite being lazy, are extremely curious and a mischievous prankster. They're truly a troublesome individual that causes me grief time after time...Ah, pardon me. Please forget that. My master is... is, hmm... Oh, yes! They love baths...In any case, they're a passionate person who's true of heart, so please, treat my master well!"

Amaterasu
    http://www.light.gr.jp/light/product...0_Mt8kqWVK.mp3
    Amaterasu: "Ah... what...? Ah, good morning to you. Wait, what time is it? Ah, I guess it doesn't really matter. Morning is whenever I wake up, after all. Anyway, bring my clothes. And did you heat up the water? I mean a bath, you little fool, a bath. Today you may humbly and reverently scrub my back. Wait... who are you?! Are you some Shikigami Yakou or Ryuusui prepared? Ah, what is that dull expression on your face? If you are to be my vassal, you must have some vigor in your eyes! Vigor! I am the greatest commander this world has ever known, after all, so you mustn't smear mud on your master's name. Devote your life to being my playmate, who will entertain me forever more! Heh heh heh... Is it not the greatest honor imaginable? Ah, satisfactory! Ever so satisfactory! FUHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Rindou: "Be quiet! If you won't act responsibly, I'll beat you senseless, you fool!"

Amaterasu: "Aaaah! M-Mother!! Forgive me!!!"
    Kouha
    http://www.light.gr.jp/light/product...1_y7Ert3Yb.mp3
    "Last but not least, say hello to the star of the show and your resident pretty girl! Huh? Who am I supposed to be? Yep, makes sense you'd think that, right? Guess I should explain then. I'm this story's protagonist! You know, the most stand out girl around. Let's get along! Well, you know, I feel like I can't get started unless I spread some good cheer around, so try and put up with me, OK? After everything you've heard, you probably kinda get what everyone else is like, right? And I gotta lead 'em... The Truth's orders and all that. Damnit, Imma show that damn woman up one day, so you better help me then! It's a promise, okay?"
    Last edited by Roxas; October 22nd, 2018 at 12:20 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Is each deity going to be joinable?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries

Kei's grandmother confirmed.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Oho, did not expect the Wewelsburg to take the shape of a rifle.

Is each deity going to be joinable?
    It looks like gods from Mithra to Hajun cannot join themselves (at least as playable characters), so instead copies created by Kouha - Aeons (or Aions? アイオーン - dunno how it should be translated) will join.

Kouha is protagonist of Pantheon prologue from Dies Irae Switch version, she is not god, but can create copies of other people from her memory. She probably either will be protagonist of pantheon or at least play role similar to Da Vinci from FGO, helping to summon things from gacha.

About Yomi and Hirume (Amaterasu), looks like there was only a couple of sort of slice-of-life scenes about them in prologue. Well, they probably will join too.

Man Kei's grandma looks cool, also not quite what I expected from her description in the vn.

Blog Entries
    I never imagined Mithra/Truth would be so flirty. I expected she'd be more of a serious "order and justice" type person...

Masada tweeted about the factions of each Throne

First Throne: Wahman Yašt: Can be described as the M78 Nebula. A religious headquarters that listens to the voices of the people and dispatch Ultra-Man like galactic heroes to help them.
    Seven great demon kings: Seven figures who stand at the top of the side of evil. The Wahman Yašt rank them by order of how dangerous and how high ranking they are. The top ranking three are apparently powerful enough to have destroyed several planets.

Second Throne: Angels/Fallen Angels: The Morning Star's biological weapons. The former are being without sin, the latter are walking incarnations of sin.
    Sin Bearers: People who are hosts to great amounts of Original Sin. The guys who keep saying "Access - My Sin."

Third Heaven: The Shamash: The standard race of this Throne. They have all sorts of complicated issues to them dating back to the former Throne.
    The Winged Ones: The Morning Star's agents. They clean and disinfect filth away from the world.
    The non-Believers: They stand as testament to the fact the Morning Star's law went out of control. As such, they're somewhat detached from the rest of this age's mood.

Fourth Throne: Dies Irae's cast.

Fifth Heaven: The Samsara Vartin. The heretical cult that idolized and instilled Hajun as a subject of worship. Led by two figures who go by the names of Svaha and Sahasrara.

Sixth Heaven: Kajiri Kamui Kagura's cast.

Seventh Throne: The protagonists. According to Masada, there are over 100 characters across all the Thrones. Many of them are still unrevealed, and he hopes to utilize all of them.

"Oh, and the First Throne wasn't based on Sci-fi. I've said this before when I explained the world building, but basically there's one crazy powerful guy who increased the whole scale of that setting. He was mentioned a bit in the Switch Version, too." -Masada
    Last edited by Roxas; October 22nd, 2018 at 08:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    I always pictured the First Throne as some kind of edgy dark fantasy setting, but apparently it's actually DBZ-like sci-fi with planet-busting villains and campy galactic heroes? Color me surprised.

Though granted, all that is apparently because of a "certain someone's" machinations...

Well, Masada said in the last tweet that First Throne is still fantasy, not sci-fi. Just very powerlevel-high fantasy.

The top ranking three are apparently powerful enough to have destroyed several planets
    Also note that it's 星 in this sentence, not 惑星. Means it's possible that they actually destroyed several stars. At least that what I thought when I read 星雲 and 星 in the same phrase.

I'm really confused by this whole thing with Third Throne. First all those
    Spoiler:
    happy ends
    from Paradise Lost described as some sort as dystopia (despite it contradicts description of new Zoar from Paradise Lost ends). Now Shamash have issues from previous Throne, despite Satanael especially used
    Spoiler:
    Ril as Adam Kadmon to create humanity free from original sin from Paradise Lost, and really, really hesitated to allow Ryle there because "you will bring sin in my world".
    Last edited by Desann; October 22nd, 2018 at 05:44 AM.

You shouldn't take Paradise Lost itself as canon. Due to how early it was, Masada has introduced retcons to stuff from there to make it work with his plans for Shinza as it is now.
    So, basically canon about 2nd and 3rd heavens is whatever KKK, the new side story from DI Switch and Pantheon say. So if it's confusing, it's because Masada has developed new ideas. PL needs a remake to rework stuff into Shinza as it is now, really.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler: