Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 343942434445464954 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinzaverse/Masada's Chuuni Mind - Dies Irae/Kajiri Kamui Kagura/Senshinkan/Other Light Games

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I know that I could just go back and reread it with the knowledge, but you only find out afterwards that Cain has 4 personalities. Therefore, just to confirm, it was the Kai personality that Lisa was having sex with, right? Also, regardless of the gender of the personality, the physical sex of the flesh atronach is always male, correct?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As someone who is familiar with Tokyo Ghoul and Chinese history, I'm no stranger to eunuchs, but... Was I reading that wrong, or did Schreiber get his eye damaged from skull-fucking? Obviously, the festering remains were removed by Reinhard's optometry session.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; May 28th, 2018 at 08:16 AM. Reason: The Grammar-SS told me to.

Blog Entries
    About how long does it take to go through this from start to finish?

I've been hearing people rant and rave about this VN for years, and now that it's in English, people seem to have the opinion that if you like Fate/Stay Night, you'll love Dies Irae.

Reading rates vary, but a ballpark number is fine.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Took me around 110 hours. I seem to be on the slower side though.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Say what you will about the anime, but for a first attempt, it's still better than Deen's F/SN anime, in that it only tried to use 1 route, instead of all of them. Also, has there been any info on Pantheon? From what I understand, it's a mobage, so you'll most likely be collecting characters from the Gacha, but who would the player character be for that? Obviously, I would want to unlock Rusalka, but if I were to unlock Schreiber, and the game has some sort of interlude character quest, it would be great if he confronted the ghosts of his parents not as the incomparably abused child that he was but as the proud commander of Reinhard Heydrich's Legion that he is now. The irony isn't lost on me, but I would like to see it end like BJ's confrontation with his father in Wolfenstein 2.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post

I've been hearing people rant and rave about this VN for years, and now that it's in English, people seem to have the opinion that if you like Fate/Stay Night, you'll love Dies Irae.

74 hours for me, at least according to steam.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    My complete readthrough clocked in at 105 hours, but I read a little bit on the slower side, so, yeah, no quick clicking for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I also did AA, so the side stories probably added a few hours to that grand total.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    AA is the one on Steam, so that's what I would be working with.

Thanks for the responses, gang. Looks like DI will be my big VN this summer and my first one since the original Fate/Stay Night. Need to circle around to Hollow Ataraxia at some point, too.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That moment you realize that Himuro is just a Japanese pronunciation of Himmler. Also, just to confirm, is Hitler a part of Reinhard's castle?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Holding off on doing Rea route until I finish the current GBF event, but from Marie route, I see that this is basically Dragon's Dogma with Schutzstaffel, instead of dragons, and Mercurius as the Seneschal.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Given that that the anime is following Marie route, we'll not getting Schreiber X Rusalka dance, but we are apparently getting Rusalka's singing head, unless the production team chickens out or something (such as with a certain slogan not said in its original language). Is there no consistency with what happens to the remains of LDO members? In Kasumi route, Rusalka turned to dust to hide the fact that she was stabbed by Kei before being beheaded by Ren. In Marie route, we get her solid, postmortem head, and in the anime, the remains of all slain LDO members get devoured by skeleton spirits.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post

I remember last year after classes I came back home at lunchtime and began reading Marie's route and finished it at midnight after 12 hours in a single sitting without even a toilet break. Rea's took a bit longer but I would say it's a safe estimate that it'll take you at least four times that to read through. 48 hours at least. Add the side stories in and it's well over 50 hours even if you read fast. And in my case I feel I definitely missed over some things and reread them again later so add more to that.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Say what you will about the anime, but for a first attempt, it's still better than Deen's F/SN anime, in that it only tried to use 1 route, instead of all of them.
    I absolutely disagree. DEEN incorporated some elements of all the routes which was dumb, but it was very squarely just the Fate route, which at least works as a standalone story unlike its other two routes. DI's anime does not work anywhere near as smoothly because even Marie's route, the one that stands most solidly on it's own, works so much better with at least playing Kasumi's route beforehand. Despite it's meme reputation, I think DEEN/stay night is a better show to introduce someone to F/SN and is a fine anime on it's own even if it doesn't match the VN's quality at all. DI's anime I'd rather not exist.
    updated 2019/1/10

Blog Entries
    That's some dedication. If nothing else, it makes the Marie route sound incredibly engrossing.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Mitra/Mithra is confirmed to be the leader of the Pantheon, and Naraka refers to her as "his woman". Nine Divnities have been assembled: The seven Heavens (Mithra, Muzan, Satanael, Mercurius, Marie, Hajun and the Myriad of the Dawn) along with Reinhard and Ren.

Oddly enough, it's also stated they need two more divinities, which is odd given we have nine out of ten. Perhaps The Myriad aren't counted for some reason?

It may be already known to some, but Naraka is voiced by Maeda Takeshi/Renaissance Yamada, who also provided voices throughout the Shinza Banshou series' run as each game's resident gun toting rascal: Judas in Paradise Lost, Shirou in Dies Irae and Sukuna in Kajiri Kamui Kagura.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    My body is ready

to be disappointed, that is.

- - - Updated - - -

A truly ungodly amount of research went into Dies Irae.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Holy crap that's amazing. I never in a million years imagined Marie was based on a real(?) historical figure...

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh lame, I thought Masada came up with that story himself

“That day will bring all the gods together”: Dies irae Pantheon, Episode 0

https://ootoriarchives.wordpress.com...eon-episode-0/

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I like how DI points out the flaws in Christianity, what with the obsession with a happy afterlife, but a ban on suicide, results in wars and martyrdom. Also, a female Nazi (broadly speaking) facetiously spoke like a Feminazi. Rusalka was joking that if all the men died, wars would end, and the crime rate would decrease. I like Mandarake, but it really needs to add more details to its shop items. The only thing stopping me from buying: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/...89793&ref=list is not knowing the size. In terms of computer wallpapers, I notice that there is a use for AA censored H-CGs. With that, I can have the Rusalka foot job CG as a wallpaper without Ren's dick in the shot.