Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 253033343536374045 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinzaverse/Masada's Chuuni Mind - Dies Irae/Kajiri Kamui Kagura/Senshinkan/Other Light Games

JP Friend Code
    the neck scar is rlly just cuz it's cool

but for god's sake, follow the above post's advice.
    updated 2019/1/10

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    The latest Dies episode looks worse than the 1st PV's version of it (start watching from 1:11 to watch the relevant part)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe how badly this episode butchered the Spinne fight. Ren's inner conversation with Marie when he awakens his Yetzirah, distracting Spinne with his hilarious rant about big boobs, realizing Kasumi was still alive by the mole on her breasts, Spinne's speech establishing his motives as the only "ordinary person" in the LDO; everything cool and interesting about the scene from the VN was cut and the rest was rushed so badly it wasn't even funny.

Up until now I'd thought the Dies Irae anime- while burdened with some mediocre animation at times- was at least a serviceable adaptation of the VN, but this is just irredeemably bad. If they're going to adapt the VN so half-heartedly then I don't know if I'll even bother to keep watching at this point. I don't even know who the show's intended audience is supposed to be anymore. Newcomers are just going to think it's a corny Nazi-wanking edgefest and be turned off the franchise altogether, while fans of the VN are going to be pissed that it's adapting their beloved characters and scenes so poorly.

The target audience are extreme fanboys who were willing to pay in a crowdfunding to get this made (not realizing how bad of an idea that was). But, hey, thanks to the anime, we got the VN translated. (It might sound crazy, but it's true. Light had the VN translated to promote the anime in the west. If the anime didn't exist, there would be no VN translation)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    The target audience are extreme fanboys who were willing to pay in a crowdfunding to get this made (not realizing how bad of an idea that was). But, hey, thanks to the anime, we got the VN translated. (It might sound crazy, but it's true. Light had the VN translated to promote the anime in the west. If the anime didn't exist, there would be no VN translation)
    I guess that's one thing to be thankful for.

And yeah, crowd-funding sounds like a fun idea but for a series as rich in scope and themes as Dies a mess is just about inevitable. I can only hold out hope that this is only the analogue to DEEN's Fate adaptation and we'll someday be getting a proper Dies Irae anime adapting another route (probably Kei or Rea's) for that delicious ufotable animation... Since Dies isn't nearly as popular as Fate though, that's likely a forlorn hope.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I guess that's one thing to be thankful for.

And yeah, crowd-funding sounds like a fun idea but for a series as rich in scope and themes as Dies a mess is just about inevitable. I can only hold out hope that this is only the analogue to DEEN's Fate adaptation and we'll someday be getting a proper Dies Irae anime adapting another route (probably Kei or Rea's) for that delicious ufotable animation... Since Dies isn't nearly as popular as Fate though, that's likely a forlorn hope.
    Crowdfunding for anime works when you plan some standalone OVA (like LWA's 2nd OVA) rather than a full TV series. Because even a single cour of anime is way more expensive to make than what they made with the kickstarter for Dies.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    So, did anybody find the scene where Ren growled that he was going to kill Spinne after getting all his limbs lopped off morbidly hilarious? Feel like he was channelling Monty Python's black knight there, "Tis only a scratch!"

JP Friend Code
    i wish they just made an ova for omnia vincit amor or something

and then tease kkk at the end of it
    updated 2019/1/10

Blog Entries
    This episode of Dies Irae was pretty dang awesome, though I had no idea what was going on most of the time. Apparently the Reinhard/Ren fight where Reinhard summons Gladsheimr and Ren transforms into some kind of gross-looking guillotine monster wasn't part of the original VN? I can see that, as it was pretty jarringly at odds with the rest of the episode (even if it was awesome seeing Ren take out an entire German army division by himself).

Also, as badass as Shiro was this week I'm a little disturbed with how he crashed that truck into Wilhelm. With how violent the crash was, he almost certainly killed whoever poor shmuck was driving it. You can't excuse it as collateral damage like the rest of their fight, since Shiro deliberately targeted the truck and made it crash, even planning to do so ahead of time. Shiro is obviously intended as a "badass edgy anti-hero" who we're supposed to like and sympathize with, so I presume the show is never going to address how he just cold-bloodedly killed some poor bastard who was only guilty of driving a truck in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I dunno'. I'm aware it's kind of a silly criticism for a show like this, and I'm probably supposed to just turn off my brain and enjoy the explosive fun, but something about that scene just rubbed me the wrong way.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Phil12's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    304,680,406/Phil12
    Started reading the Dies Irae VN because I was sick and didn't have anything better to do. It's very rule of cool but not to the point where it gets annoying. My only complaints are that:

-Ren isn't a particularly interesting protagonist, but characters do play off him well so its alright.

-I like Kristoff a lot more then the super god Nazi's in terms of being a villain, Probably because he has the best ost in the game so far(and is a priest). but I've only finished Kasumi's and Kei's route so that opinion might change.

-why isn't there a Rusalka route?

I'm having a lot of fun with it overall.

There is a Rusalka route.

598,535,004 (NA)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil12 View Post
    Started reading the Dies Irae VN because I was sick and didn't have anything better to do. It's very rule of cool but not to the point where it gets annoying. My only complaints are that:

-Ren isn't a particularly interesting protagonist, but characters do play off him well so its alright.

-I like Kristoff a lot more then the super god Nazi's in terms of being a villain, Probably because he has the best ost in the game so far(and is a priest). but I've only finished Kasumi's and Kei's route so that opinion might change.

-why isn't there a Rusalka route?

I'm having a lot of fun with it overall.
    NOT AT ALL. Kristoff actually gets the best development in Rea's route(but it plays off Kasumi route so that's not a waste of time either). He's an amazing character. As for Ren, Marie route addresses that. Whether you'll be fine with the reason they give for him being the way he is depends but I think it's justified well enough.

And yea there is a rusalka route. Save the 'sought the truth' option for last, or rather, just follow gare's guide closely.
    updated 2019/1/10

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Phil12's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    304,680,406/Phil12
    Quote Originally Posted by Akyuu View Post
    NOT AT ALL. Kristoff actually gets the best development in Rea's route(but it plays off Kasumi route so that's not a waste of time either). He's an amazing character. As for Ren, Marie route addresses that. Whether you'll be fine with the reason they give for him being the way he is depends but I think it's justified well enough.

And yea there is a rusalka route. Save the 'sought the truth' option for last, or rather, just follow gare's guide closely.
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, Kristoff is by far my favorite character, his voice actor is so good. In fact all of the voice acting is really good, though it took me a bit to get used to Marie's voice.

Blog Entries
    Any thoughts on Shiro and truck-kun?

JP Friend Code
    It's not like he was ever presented to be doing this because it was the right thing to do. Like Reinhard himself, Shirou's in on this to cure his foreknowledge. He's always been the crazy guy who's willing to risk more than a few lives to get what he wants, including his own. On many occasions.
    updated 2019/1/10

Blog Entries
    It's not like he was ever presented to be doing this because it was the right thing to do. Like Reinhard himself, Shirou's in on this to cure his foreknowledge. He's always been the crazy guy who's willing to risk more than a few lives to get what he wants, including his own. On many occasions.
    Ren is ostensibly more of a hero though and he's friends with Shiro. Would Ren be friends with someone who unrepentantly killed innocent people?

JP Friend Code
    Another thing the anime doesn't show properly is how unwillingly linked the two are. They aren't friends because they want to be or anything like that, their roads just seem to cross in the weirdest of ways. Even the fistfight on the rooftop at the beginning was something Ren thought would cut Shirou out from his life forever, but they reunite anyway.

And Ren isn't like FSN Shirou either. He's more like a typical hero than Yusa Shirou but his objective has always been to take back his everyday life, rather than just to protect innocent people.
    updated 2019/1/10

Blog Entries
    Another thing the anime doesn't show properly is how unwillingly linked the two are. They aren't friends because they want to be or anything like that, their roads just seem to cross in the weirdest of ways. Even the fistfight on the rooftop at the beginning was something Ren thought would cut Shirou out from his life forever, but they reunite anyway.

And Ren isn't like FSN Shirou either. He's more like a typical hero than Yusa Shirou but his objective has always been to take back his everyday life, rather than just to protect innocent people.
    Thanks for the explanation. I guess that makes sense. And Ren is probably almost as inhuman as some of the LDO in his single-minded fixation on preserving his everyday life.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The SoL scenes and Shirou actually kinda work in the anime, shame about the animation.

then again shirou is just the best so maybe his charisma just bridges the faults of the adaption
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    The SoL scenes and Shirou actually kinda work in the anime, shame about the animation.

then again shirou is just the best so maybe his charisma just bridges the faults of the adaption
    Shiro is the best. He and Marie are pretty much carrying the entire show for me at this point.