Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara no Kyoukai manga

That certainly is unpopular....

But where do the epilogue and Gospel of the Future fit in there?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

6>7>5>3=MF>2>1>epilogue>4

The epilogue was a better read than watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Mine: 7>5>3>2>1>4>MF>Epilogue>6
    6 is the only one I didn't really like all that much to be honest.
    It's you so I expected no more.
    Last edited by Crown; June 25th, 2014 at 03:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mine: 7>5>3>2>1>4>MF>Epilogue>6
    6 is the only one I didn't really like all that much to be honest. And MF was disappointing, since it wasn't what I expected (I have not read the manga and/or novels, so I didn't know as much about what to expect). Epilogue was fine for what it was, but it was basically one big chat after all. My only gripe with 4 was that it wasn't as eventful as the others, since it had a more limited setting. It has one of my favourite soundtracks from the movie series though. The others were all really good. 7 and 5 were amazing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    MF was a perfectly good adaption of the source material, to be honest. It has problems only if you start assuming that it should compare to the others, when it was just some added, nice fanservice.
    ...I think you're referring to Extra Chorus, which was originally a manga by Takeuchi. When ufotable adapted it they slapped it together with the adaptation of Mirai Fukuin, the novella written by Nasu.

Though to be fair they were treated as two separate movies, with separate directors and everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Mirai Fukuin was personally my favorite, but I'm probably biased because the MF novella was definitely my favorite KnK. (Helps that Nasu had improved quite a bit on his writing in between the rest of KnK and Mirai Fukuin)

Dunno about Extra Chorus because I still haven't gotten around to watching it.
    Last edited by Reiu; June 25th, 2014 at 04:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Okay, let me guess. The English translation of Mirai Fukuin is cokesakto'ed?

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me that's the case here.
    Last edited by Reiu; June 25th, 2014 at 05:05 PM.

It was Canonrap who translated it, so no.
    He's probably referring to how it has Mama Shiki and her moe precocious child, as well as the only other time you see the male personality.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    It was Canonrap who translated it, so no.
    He's probably referring to how it has Mama Shiki and her moe precocious child, as well as the only other time you see the male personality.
    B-but that's like...five pages out of the entire novella.

Well MF is kinda unnecessary and don't add anything to the Kara no Kyoukai plot. It's basicly more Shiki bad-ass scenes, more Mikiya being Mikiya, more SHIKI, etc... Obviously it mostly appeals to Kara no Kyoukai fans. I guess that's what he is referring to.

Extra Chorus is 100% fan service tho (but I don't care, good fan service is good).

What did Overlooking View, Remaining Sense of Pain, and 75% of Oblivion Recorder add to the overarching plot of Kara no Kyoukai?

It does tell us that despite the fact that Mikiya knew he was going to die hanging out with Shiki, he did so anyway. Also confirmed Shiki had precog intuition though that's a more minor detail.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skenn View Post
    Well MF is kinda unnecessary and don't add anything to the Kara no Kyoukai plot. It's basicly more Shiki bad-ass scenes, more Mikiya being Mikiya, more SHIKI, etc...
    Aren't you forgetting someone? Two someones? Two someones whom, you know, the plot of Mirai Fukuin revolves around?

That said, Nasu said his goal for writing Mirai Fukuin was to write something that ufotable can't make an adaptation out of. Seems a bit anti-fanservice of him to me. :P

Even if he did ultimately fail in that regard.

I will unironically say Oblivion Recorder is better than Overlooking View.
    I think Overlooking View is one of, if not the best. That and remaining sense of pain.

extra chorus would have been perfect if we had seen mikiya....as it stand, we saw mama bear and cub, along with some douche nobody cared about cause he was introduced in that chapter to begin with

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What did Overlooking View, Remaining Sense of Pain, and 75% of Oblivion Recorder add to the overarching plot of Kara no Kyoukai?
    waifus

I'll probably be some sort of outcast for saying this but the ones that are all about the overarching plot are the worst ones.

It does tell us that despite the fact that Mikiya knew he was going to die hanging out with Shiki, he did so anyway. Also confirmed Shiki had precog intuition though that's a more minor detail.
    Overlooking View is the starting point of the story, everything is new.
    Remaining Sense of Pain tell us about the clan thing and how Shiki lost her arm.
    Oblivion Recorder develops a bit Mikiya's past IIRC and how Shiki regained her memories from her encounter with Araya during the second movie.
    But yeah overall they don't add much to the general story, and the same goes for Mirai Fukuin.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    Aren't you forgetting someone? Two someones? Two someones whom, you know, the plot of Mirai Fukuin revolves around?

That said, Nasu said his goal for writing Mirai Fukuin was to write something that ufotable can't make an adaptation out of. Seems a bit anti-fanservice of him to me. :P

Even if he did ultimately fail in that regard.
    Mitsuru and Shizune are unattached to the rest of the Kara no Kyoukai story and they don't serve any purpose outside of Mirai Fukuin.

Not sure how this is anti-fanservice, can't a LN have fanservice ? ^^'

Anyway I was just trying to explain how can Mirai Fukuin be considered as "fan service", and it's basicly because it appeals mostly to fans I guess.
    That's not exactly my opinion on the movie tho, but it looks like it's Bridgeburner's.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife212 View Post
    I'll probably be some sort of outcast for saying this but the ones that are all about the overarching plot are the worst ones.
    We used to be friends. Paradox Spiral is my favorite. It makes me happy.

Also Purple girl is not a virgin so horrible waifu.

Overlooking View does nothing that starting with another chapter couldn't accomplish and Shiki losing an arm is only relevant for Overlooking View.

And Seo is Azaka's roommate.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Is there anybody in the multiverse whose waifu is Kirie?
    Rudolph?

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Overlooking View does nothing that starting with another chapter couldn't accomplish and Shiki losing an arm is only relevant for Overlooking View.

And Seo is Azaka's roommate.
    Remaining sense of pain does nothing that another chapter couldn't accomplish and Shiki losing an arm is only relevant for Overlooking view.