Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara no Kyoukai manga

Quote Originally Posted by Strife212 View Post
    I think Overlooking View is one of, if not the best. That and remaining sense of pain.
    And here I thought I was the hipster.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    6>7>5>3=MF>2>1>epilogue>4
    Why is Oblivion Recorder so high?

Quote Originally Posted by Strife212 View Post
    I think Overlooking View is one of, if not the best.
    I am not surprised that the dollfie lover would enjoy some creepy puppets. No sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Remaining sense of pain does nothing that another chapter couldn't accomplish and Shiki losing an arm is only relevant for Overlooking view.
    It's like I listed Remaining Sense of Pain amongst the stories that didn't advance the over arching plot much. I specifically mentioned Overlooking View because "it was the intro ergo it's important" isn't a very strong argument because really the way it's set up you could make almost any of the stories the intro story.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Why is Oblivion Recorder so high?
    Because it was the move I enjoyed watching the most, even if it wasn't as important as the rest; it sent a smile to my face. I honestly believe it had the most compelling ost as well (M02+M03, M12, M14, M15+16+17 oh god). And because I like Azaka. The reasons are quite shallow/simple.

Fuck the plot, give me Azaka.

I have faith, surely Nasu will deliver Touko and Azaka meeting each other.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I have faith, surely Nasu will deliver Touko and Azaka meeting each other.
    "Heeeeeey. I was in the middle of some other stuff and I noticed you have the ability to burn things with your mind! I'm bored and you're hot, so want to learn how to not be a n00b with it?"
    "Will it help me fuck my brother?"
    "Uh....yeah, sure, whatever. Anyway, first part of your training, take off your clothes."

/backstory

That doesn't sound like what he described at all.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How did he describe it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

When did Azaka become Touko's apprentice?

Nasu: Since she formally became Touko's apprentice after Shiki woke up, that would be sometime around June or July of 1998. But, Touko and Azaka had already met before then. While Azaka was still living at her relatives' house, a series of strange incidents occurred, and Touko was the one that got to the bottom of it. As the daughter of the house, Azaka got dragged cooperating with the investigation. Though at that stage, probably neither of them would have guessed that they would eventually become master and apprentice! By the way, when Kokutou first came to Touko's office, she had no idea he was Azaka's older brother. As for why, it's because——

Takeuchi: Hey, hey, is it really okay if you go and spoil things like that?

Nasu: I-Is that bad? It's bad, isn't it? Then, someday when you least expect it I'll go ahead and blab it out…

Takeuchi: You're being irresponsible again…
    I think there was another place where he describes it but I can't remember where. I know it gets a brief mention in the 10th anniversary but no details were given.
    Last edited by terraablaze; June 26th, 2014 at 08:13 AM.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    What did Overlooking View, Remaining Sense of Pain, and 75% of Oblivion Recorder add to the overarching plot of Kara no Kyoukai?
    Overlooking view begins to elucidate Shiki's character and nature, less so Touko and Kokuto. Fujyou vaguely mentions someone facilitating her out of body experience.
    Remaining Sense of Pain, again mostly character thing. What the Garan no Dou threesome actually do, exploring their characters more. That the story lasts beyond the meeting at Annenerbe shows that a great deal revolves around exploring what this self professed killer's relationship with killing actually is.
    Oblivion recorder - Of course by now, that Kurogiri was asked by Araya to troll Shiki. This part explores how Shiki is actually adapting somewhat to her current state. Then Kurogiri. Thus leading onto the finale.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    It's almost as if there were more to KnK than just nasu-lore.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Blog Entries
    Aaaag plot. Who cares. Next you'll tell me that a famous work of film, literature, or otherwise, should have not included a famous scene because it doesn't move the plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Hen_Ichi View Post
    Overlooking view begins to elucidate Shiki's character and nature, less so Touko and Kokuto. Fujyou vaguely mentions someone facilitating her out of body experience.
    Remaining Sense of Pain, again mostly character thing. What the Garan no Dou threesome actually do, exploring their characters more. That the story lasts beyond the meeting at Annenerbe shows that a great deal revolves around exploring what this self professed killer's relationship with killing actually is.
    Oblivion recorder - Of course by now, that Kurogiri was asked by Araya to troll Shiki. This part explores how Shiki is actually adapting somewhat to her current state. Then Kurogiri. Thus leading onto the finale.
    Character development really isn't the same as plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    But the complaint was specifically about Gospel of the Future being fanservice because "no plot", which I was addressing by pointing out that Rakkyo doesn't really have the most consistent plot velocity.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    I wish UTW would hurry up and sub Extra Chorus already, so I can watch it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    I wish UTW would hurry up and sub Extra Chorus already, so I can watch it...
    You can't depend on Unlimited Translation Works for anything these days (what are they even subbing at the moment?). Just watch what's available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Can't speak for others, but I never implied that was the reason I consider it fanservice.
    That's what Skeen said and than other people got involved somehow. Just for the record, why do you consider it fanservice?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    You can't depend on Unlimited Translation Works for anything these days (what are they even subbing at the moment?). Just watch what's available.
    Except there hardly is anything available...The only other group I could find that has translated Extra Chorus into English at all is some small-time no-name group called "KoyuuKekkai", and Extra Chorus is the ONLY thing they've done so far, and they don't have an English website...Hardly sounds worth the risk...I need my KnK fix in good video quality with good subs, otherwise it's not worth watching. And yeah, true, UTW doesn't really have time to do much subbing at all these days because some of the members (including the leader) is super-busy or something, so the only new thing they're subbing is Puchimas...Lol...

EDIT: So I just discovered that KoyuuKekkai is actually a member on this site (so he's a one-man team when it comes to subbing Extra Chorus then I guess). Interesting...Maybe I'll give his release a go.
    Last edited by Rokudaime; June 27th, 2014 at 11:38 AM.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    I consider Shiki the main plot around which it all revolves.

Araya and his little friends just trolling her :V
    But even in that sense it's part of Araya's campaign to provoke Shiki.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    It's a heartwarming gurl meets puppy story of puppy love :V
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    Except there hardly is anything available...The only other group I could find that has translated Extra Chorus into English at all is some small-time no-name group called "KoyuuKekkai", and Extra Chorus is the ONLY thing they've done so far, and they don't have an English website...Hardly sounds worth the risk...I need my KnK fix in good video quality with good subs, otherwise it's not worth watching. And yeah, true, UTW doesn't really have time to do much subbing at all these days because some of the members (including the leader) is super-busy or something, so the only new thing they're subbing is Puchimas...Lol...

Nobody should complain at subs if they are not actually buying legal copies.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    I'll continue to complain about things like this. Like why doesn't Japan has US military discounts on their websites? Huh? I would buy stuff if they did that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    Nobody should complain at subs if they are not actually buying legal copies.
    As far as I know those legal copies don't come with English subs for some reason, even though the boxset with the other movies did come with English subs (though I don't know how good they are). I prefer to buy things I can actually use. That said, it doesn't matter to me anymore anyway. I just watched KoyuuKekkai's release, and it was fine.
    Last edited by Rokudaime; June 29th, 2014 at 07:40 PM.