View Poll Results: Should we have more space?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more space please

    10 62.50%
  • Nope, it's fine

    5 31.25%
  • There's a limit to PM space!?

    1 6.25%
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Could we get some more PM space?

  1. #1
    Lethum Milbunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Illinois
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,354
    Blog Entries
    13

    Could we get some more PM space?

    This is a problem I've been running into since the first year I joined the forum.

    Would it be that unreasonable to raise the limit at all?

  2. #2
    生死即涅槃は而二不二

  3. #3
    此処に辿るはあらゆる収斂。 此処に示すはあらゆる宿願。 Arashi_Leonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Plume Hell
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    29,093
    JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    115
    Delete old ones and stop privately talking to people behind everyone's back.

    Say it all up front like you mean it.

  4. #4
    Preformance Pertension SeiKeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    48,672
    Blog Entries
    9
    Download your frigging PMs and then delete them you internet pack rat you're like the tab people
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?


  5. #5
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,717
    Blog Entries
    3
    The true path is to delete them all, let go of your worldly desires as you would willingly part with 7,600,000 souls and 94 Humanity, and you will find peace within yourself.

    [09:23] <Ariadniensis> spin
    [09:23] <Ariadniensis> you are the dark souls of internet friends

  6. #6
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,717
    Blog Entries
    3
    You have fallen from the path.

    [09:23] <Ariadniensis> spin
    [09:23] <Ariadniensis> you are the dark souls of internet friends

  7. #7
    'Hey, pretty boy.' Strife ❤️'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,603
    Blog Entries
    35
    Not that I need it but I didn't know you could download all your PMs, that's pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster
    turbocapitalist strife

  8. #8
    Κύρια Ἐλέησον Seika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perilous Hall
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,655
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Not that I need it but I didn't know you could download all your PMs, that's pretty cool.
    It's not. Trying to read them again or find a particular one is a pain in the backside, because the organisation and layout of the downloaded files is rather crap.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

    If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

    Democracy on Beast's Lair

  9. #9
    'Hey, pretty boy.' Strife ❤️'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,603
    Blog Entries
    35
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...M-Reader.shtml

    - - - Updated - - -

    I've never used it but it looks reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster
    turbocapitalist strife

  10. #10
    Kopf is kaputt aber Outfit is nice I3uster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,113
    Blog Entries
    12
    If it's possible, yeah, increase pls.

    the rp section will be thankful
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    Capitalism has failed me

  11. #11
    N̠͔͓̰͒ͯͥ̉ͦ̂y̖͒á͓͔͙̮̹ͬ.͇̪ͤͨ̾̒.͎͙͇̟̅͒̑̇͋́.̾̽̓͗̄ Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,336
    Blog Entries
    96
    A 500 PM limit, which is more than 95% of forums will give you, and still complaints.

    Amazing.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."


    Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!


    Old Quote Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

    [14:06] <Cruor> petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] <Kelnish> no
    [14:08] <Kelnish> it isn't
    [14:09] <Cruor> how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] <Cruor> in one mod
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] <Daiki> ...
    [14:10] <I3uster> oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] <I3uster> apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] <Wakame> the horror

  12. #12
    Κύρια Ἐλέησον Seika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perilous Hall
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,655
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...M-Reader.shtml

    - - - Updated - - -

    I've never used it but it looks reasonable.
    Hey, interesting. Thanks.
    (The only time I've ever downloaded PMs, I put them on an external drive which has since died, so it's not immediately useful, but that looks like something I might want in future).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

    If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

    Democracy on Beast's Lair

  13. #13
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,717
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    A 500 PM limit, which is more than 95% of forums will give you, and still complaints.

    Amazing.
    Nobody complained, so far it's just politely asking to go even

    further

    BEYOND

    [09:23] <Ariadniensis> spin
    [09:23] <Ariadniensis> you are the dark souls of internet friends

  14. #14
    Lethum Milbunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Illinois
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,354
    Blog Entries
    13
    It's not something critical or anything but I run a lot of projects that deal in privacy so PMs are a must. (Fanfic contests, RPs, drafts for fanfics, etc...)

    Being able to look back inside the forum for a pm that was sent to me is a lot easier than searching through my arched pms. (By this point I think I have about 15 archive downloads worth of pms.)

    Even just a little more space would be helpful, would it cost that much for the forum in order to do so? PMs even in text form don't seem like they take up all that much space.

  15. #15
    N̠͔͓̰͒ͯͥ̉ͦ̂y̖͒á͓͔͙̮̹ͬ.͇̪ͤͨ̾̒.͎͙͇̟̅͒̑̇͋́.̾̽̓͗̄ Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,336
    Blog Entries
    96
    So... if there's that reader, doesn't that do pretty much the same functionality?

    PMs are currently 80 MB of the table, by the way. Hardly the biggest tables, but definitely among the bigger ones.

    Not counting stuff like posts and whatnot which are 600+ MB of course.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."


    Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!


    Old Quote Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

    [14:06] <Cruor> petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] <Kelnish> no
    [14:08] <Kelnish> it isn't
    [14:09] <Cruor> how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] <Cruor> in one mod
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] <Daiki> ...
    [14:10] <I3uster> oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] <I3uster> apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] <Wakame> the horror

  16. #16
    Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,670
    Blog Entries
    20
    I shall always vote for more because I am by nature a consumer and even if I don't need it, as long as I know it exists I want it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •