Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TSF Build Fighters IC

Blog Entries

TSF Build Fighters IC

Sauber 4
    Date: October 19, 2011

Why did I agree to this? My TSF is half-eaten, and the BETA are currently advancing on me. The TSF, I placed so much effort into. It’s on the verge of disappearing forever. I can’t even fight back and go down in the blaze of glory because a Tank Class just bit the right parts to steadily drain my TSF of fuel. The person I dropped in with was already eaten.

There’s nothing I can do. It’s hopeless. I saw the first Tank class open its mouth to bite into my cockpit armor. I closed my eyes and silently apologized to my partner. Its the end of the road for you and me. If only I was better partner… It’s the end.

I waited for the inevitable bite that would defeat me. However, I didn’t that final crunch instead I heard the boost from a jump unit.

“Looks like we made it in time… This is <Papa Bear> of the HALO Goodbye Corps. We can repair your TSF, but in return you’ll have to help us break out of here.”

Despite Operation Roi-Soleil being a failure, units lost fighting in the Hive were reduced thanks to the combined efforts of the HALO Goodbye Corps and the UN’s 6th Orbital Diver Corps either rescuing or stalling BETA hordes for others to escape.

Aoi Moto
    K’s TSF Hangar
    Time: Afternoon
    Date: October 21, 2011

Why won’t Shinkawa or any of the independent cockpit makers let you buy a TSF cockpit or Muvpla digitalizer?!? They let you buy everything else to make your own little Muvpla creating lab. At this point in time it’s less of a room, and more of a dedicated Muvpla academy research lab like Groom Lake’s or Gotemba’s Muvpla Academy with the modelling software, 3d printers, and your own small particle testing table (sadly the table only was good at testing material properties).

All you needed were those two items and you could avoid this entire real life trip. But nooooooo they were only sold to stores and muvpla academies. So here, you are standing in front of the newly opened Muvpla store.

You could always just turn around and forget going into the store… But there are those two orders, you have to turn in today. While ignoring these two orders won’t hurt your small sum of money. However, it will be a negative blow to your slowly rising reputation as an exceptional great mechanic.

Taro Akiyama
    Time: Afternoon.

Something atypical happened to today, a foreign exchange student appeared and was placed into your class. It certainly caused your class to be more excited today, but aside from your curiosity it wasn’t really too surprising.

“Sorry for bothering you, but could you show me around the school?”

Until the class rep remembered that he had to do something after school and had asked you to give her a tour of the school.

It certainly was a change in pace in comparison to the rest of this small town. Getting a foreign exchange student at this point in time. In fact, showing this student around normally would ease your boredom in most cases even if it was a bit more of a hassle.

However, you’ve found something more exciting than that yesterday. There was that model fighting place that opened yesterday. While it may be a child’s game, you can always find amusement in it at least for a little bit. But that fight with the owner… It felt like something beyond a simple child’s game.

“Hey are you done?”

Oh right what should you do with this transfer student?

Terui Kaito

You just visited your sister for a quick check-up on her condition. While Kurogawa wasn’t the best equipped hospital, it was good enough to treat your older sister. The stress from bullying seems to be the cause of her problems so it seems like she’ll recover with time.

However, you must stop people from bullying her again. Seems like there’s a new Muvpla shop here. Maybe you should establish your dominance at TSF Fighters there, but you feel this noticeable lag in its performance like the TSF is lagging behind your actions.

Maybe you should upgrade it?

Ivan Dragonov

Two days ago, you managed to take part of Operation Roi-Soleil. Despite it being a combined disaster for everyone involved, you managed to penetrate into the depths of the hive and grab a few of the G-Elements there.

Ideally you would’ve liked to have done some experiments or implementations with your newly acquired G-Elements yesterday, but the sooner you move your TSAs into its new base the better. So instead, you spent yesterday checking out the wares and digitalizing your Muvpla at K’s TSF Hangar.

Hmm now what to do? You could always go hive diving again at the store or you could attempt to use those new G-Elements...

“OIIIIIIII Ivan you there!”

Or your childhood friend Sei Irusu could arrive. You could just ignore her and hope that she just leaves so you can get back to working on these newly acquired G-Elements. Or knowing her… She’ll somehow find a way to open the door so you might as well let her in.

Aria Bridges

About a month ago, your cousin left for Russia to work with THEM. The Scarlet Thieving Cats. So you were going to form a team to properly beat them in the Muvpla PvP Regional Tournament Qualifiers in about a month. With Muvpla’s popularity, it should be easy to form a team.

Well it was easy to form a club of Muv Luv fans… Their skills on the other hand were lacking. While everyone was okay, they definitely weren’t a team you could take to the World Stage to face your cousin.

“Ah so they have a Muvpla Club here too.”

A person suddenly bursted into the room and was inspecting the room before spotting your “Kyokkou.” Due to international DoD schools having a normally small school, it was surprising when you didn’t recognize this person. Did their family just get orders here?

“Huh this TSF looks similar to a YF-23, but the head is different. I wonder why they changed out the YF-23’s head. To change the looks of it?”

Dustin Ziobro

While you were unable to witness the opening of the Muvpla Store in Kurogawa, thankfully the joint training between the USN (United States Navy) and JMSDF (Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force) wasn’t going to start immediately so you had some free time.

Regrettably, they had to have a big formal press meeting yesterday hence your inability to attend the grand opening. Then again, you wouldn’t have had much time to visit it if you did yesterday due to also moving into housing just a little prior to said meeting.

Then again today is just perfect for some Muvpla. There won’t be any rush for the digitalizer, and the shop will be just active instead of filled with the bustle of both people and random, curious people.

Last edited by Kuroyuki; May 22nd, 2015 at 08:14 PM.

Terui Kaito

Standing outside the hospital doors, Kaito fished a plastic model out of his coat pocket and held it up to examine it in the light of the sun.

An SU-47 Berkut. The exterior was far from perfect. Tiny cracks had formed on the surface of the Berkut. These were not from mere wear and tear, nor were they from the hand of an inexperienced builder. They were the scars of the Berkut's past injuries, all of which were inflicted outside of battle. In truth, Kaito could do nothing but marvel at the work his sister pulled off. It was a miracle that the damn thing even worked. Kaito chuckled as he turned it over in his hand before putting it away again.

"I suppose this will do," he snorted. It seemed his sister had a good grasp of his tastes.

The delay in the TSF's performance would prove inconvenient but Kaito wasn't worried. It would serve as a good handicap for when he wiped the floor of the fools that have undoubtedly swarmed the new TSF shop. It sickened him how oblivious they were, content to just "play". They had no drive, no ambition. They had it so easy.

But he wasn't like that. Whether it was dancing, soccer, or even a brawl his answer was the same: Kaito would fight to prove his strength. Muvpla was no different.

Who knows, he might even meet someone there worth fighting. Kaito looked back once more at the window of his sister's room and then turned away quickly, the tail of his jacket flapping in the breeze. He started walking towards K's TSF Hangar, sincerely hoping that he could meet someone strong.
    Last edited by arkturus; May 23rd, 2015 at 02:14 PM.
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

Aoi Moto
    K’s TSF Hangar

Spending another minute glowering at the entrance to K's Aoi delays entering. Rubbing the dark circles beneath her glasses she shuffles towards the door finally, the bright sun weighing in on her decision as much if not more so than the loss in prestige, and money. This time you win Real, but someday...

Hands shoved in her two sizes too large coat she shifts the weight of her backpack stepping through the automatic door, eyes squinting as she adjusts to the more comfortable artificial lights of the shop. The crisp autumn air being filtered out into a more comfortable climate controlled one, and even just the feeling of not having that ugly wide open sky above her eases the tension across her shoulders.

Looking around the inside of the 'hanger' Aoi is quick to move out of the entry way, taking care to avoid the millings knots of people in the store. The sound of their chatter grating to her ears even as she tries her best to ignore them, braying hyena's laughter over some plastishit. The model they are fawning over not even worth a second look of appraisal.

A glance at her phone tells her she has some time before her customers are supposed to meet here here.
    Not enough time for her to drop for a round on a BETA clearing mission, but enough for another order of business. Small orders, just a few weapon pieces. A custom Over the Horizon artillery piece, and a melee set for the other. They make up little of the weight in her pack, even in their protective case. Most of it comes from her tools, those that aren't tucked away in her coat, and the two models stowed away, both also in protective transport cases.

Flinching away as another customer moves too close to her, the red head makes her way towards the front counter, if she could put her display model here she might be able to rake in some more business.

It couldn't hurt to ask could it? It's not like she has a problem talking to people. Just a brief conversation. And it's business! She can do this, no problem. Right? Right? It's only been one ye... maybe tw...? Just when was the last time she had to someone face to face?

"Dammit Real."

Collection of cherished moments
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE
    <Zagrin> I'll kill ya Plue

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Taro Akiyama

"Yeah, that's about it to this place."

With a shrug the young man makes the statement, his nonchalant demeanor to the school showing his disinterest to the place. To the new transfer student maybe this was an exciting experience, a new town, a new school and new people but to Taro Akiyama this was just another day with her appearance being a slight change to everyday life. Yet there was still something that tugged at him, that made this all drag on his patience, normally he'd simply leave it at that and get going home but since yesterday something had changed.

"You'll get used to it quickly, same with the town."

It was a small town after all, yet just the day before something had changed it.

"Though there's a new place that's just opened up here, some game shop: K's TSF hangar."

Right, that was the place. It was a simple shop that peddled some plastic models called TSFs for a kid's game.

"I'm heading there now if you want to check it out."

And yet for him, even if it was a simple game he couldn't shake the feeling from yesterday. That rush of excitement, that simple feeling of fun that he hadn't felt for a while. Just what was it about that game that made him feel like that?

Regardless of whether she'd take him up on the offer, he had to go there again.
    Last edited by Dranes; May 23rd, 2015 at 07:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Aria Bridges

“Huh this TSF looks similar to a YF-23, but the head is different. I wonder why they changed out the YF-23’s head. To change the looks of it?”
    “It’s a Shiranui Second Phase Three, so the head is that and the modifications are simply just a YF-23 body with further additions for a more.. Japanese style of fighting. They’re not common cost me an arm and leg to get one, but I definitely like it better than the Black Widow II. It’s… it’s got that sense of instability and aggression in all Japanese TSfs. Go big or go home and definitely cut loose.”

She grinned, thinking of the many TSFs she had mangled with her own, a proud accomplishment in her mind. People didn’t like pitting their mechs to the test, but she absolutely loved ripping up someone else’s. It was definitely something she could get behind.

“Anyway, you knew? What ya pilot? Lot of people here aren’t any good or only care about killing BETA, but I’m looking for that special kind of guy that wants to fight against men.”

She sighed, putting her hands on her hips. Maybe he’d turn out to be a coward to, but she wanted everything up front, in the open. She needed to test their mettle.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Ivan Dragonov

Ivan sighed as he put down his tools, whatever ideas he may have had for his newly acquired bounty being lost with the interruption that was the arrival of his childhood friend. As to why she was here he couldn't tell, but then she often showed up at his house with little to no warning. Indeed, he had grown accustomed to such visits from her, but that still didn't make him any less irritated that his work had been interrupted.

Perhaps he could wait her out? Actually that sounded like a terrible idea, considering who he was dealing with. She was persistent, to the point where it would even put the BETA to shame. In fact if she didn't find a way through the door, it wouldn't surprise him if she went and pulled some other crazy stunt like trying to get in through his window...okay, perhaps that may be a slight exaggeration, but even so leaving Sei to her own devices didn't sound like the wisest idea.

Besides it was a Friday, he still had the weekend should this end up taking the rest of his afternoon.

"Yeah, yeah, I heard you, Sei, just give me a minute."

Leaving his makeshift workbench of a desk and left his room, traversing down the stairs and to the front door where he unlocked the door and opened it, letting her in.

"Surprising to see you here today, actually don't you have practice?"
    Last edited by Zagrin; May 25th, 2015 at 06:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Terui Kaito

The walk to K’s TSF Hangar was absolutely normal. No sudden rivals approaching you due to your high fighting spirit. In fact, the entire trip was completely normal. Well this is real life not some kind of shounen anime so it shouldn’t be that surprising.

“You. You look strong and experienced in it. I challenge you.”

Looks like life wasn’t going to disappoint you after all because this guy approached you for a fight. This guy certainly does give off that strong fighter feel to him even if there’s something off about him. Like you get the feeling that even you know more about TSFs than him…

Aoi Moto
    K’s TSF Hangar

As you stood there in front of the front desk of K’s TSF Hangar, you wondered how long was it since you last had a face to face conversation with someone. You did talk to tho- No wait, you did that over the comms during the middle of a BETA invasion. So that didn’t count… How about that one time where you… Wait that was just you talking to your family.

While you were off trying to figure out your last face to face conversation, a person approached you from behind the counter with a lazy but good-natured smile.

“Need some help little lady? This old geezer can help you find whatever you may need in!”

Seems like he works here. Perhaps you can ask him if you can display some of your work here. It won’t hurt to ask. Well it wouldn’t hurt most people but you are a hikikomori so that already makes things difficult for you. But you have to start somewhere if you want to at least be able to do your small TSF business.

Taro Akiyama

If you were being a bad tour guide for her, then she gave no indication of it. She was smiling and asking questions like what was Taro’s opinion on what the cafeteria made best or what most of the teachers were like. Pretty generic questions for a transfer student. So it was a surprise when instead of turning down your offer, she excitedly asked a question in response.

“Muvpla is here too? And here I thought I would have to commute to a nearby city to play.”

Clearly this girl knew something about that child’s game judging by her reaction and what seems to be the nickname for it. Or maybe it was a game for children and silly teenage girls.

“What are we doing here? Let’s check it out!”

Looks like you’ll have company for the trip.

Aria Bridges

“Huh so this is pretty much a Japanese YF-23…”

The newcomer looked thoughtful at the Kyokkkou before continuing her thoughts on it.

“That’s true… All the other TSFs back where I’m from specialized in long range engagements with the Strike Vanguards and Storm Vanguards being the exceptions. And last I remembered Japanese TSFs favored close quarters?”

“Anyway, you knew? What ya pilot? Lot of people here aren’t any good or only care about killing BETA, but I’m looking for that special kind of guy that wants to fight against men.”
    “Oh me? I pilot a YF-23 variant. It’s nothing really special, but I can say it’s served me well when I’ve fought against others. I wouldn’t mind doing a friendly match with you if you want.”

At those words, the club went from calmly polishing up their TSFs and waiting for Aria to declare time to hit that new shop for piloting time to staring at the newcomer with worried eyes. This person has no idea what they just said. After all, they just challenged the President and strongest member of the Muvpla Club.

“Are you sure about this?”

The newcomer wasn't even perturbed by the question. So either they're overconfident or maybe...

“I’m sure I can give her a decent fight. I did manage to get a few wins with my team in a PvP tournament before I ended up moving here.”

If this person wasn’t bluffing, maybe you can get start the team with them. If not, you can always try recruiting while you’re still at K’s TSF Hangar. Either way, it’s a win-win situation for you.

Ivan Dragonov

Upon opening your door, Sei just went ahead and made herself at home. Well in a sense, she has been here just as much as she would go to her own house. So it wasn’t a surprise when she went into your kitchen and stole the last of your favorite food. Chelsea Caramels.

“Ah so good!”

Did she just start eating the last bag of Chelsea Caramels while ignoring your question?!? What kind of person does that?!? Oh right. The kind of best friend that you’ve grown up with and have repeated stolen each other’s last items in the house.

“Oh right. It turns out everyone decided to take a break to check out that Muvpla store. I’m sure everyone is just checking it out, and since the soccer team was going to go check it out anyways. I just thought I would come grab you too.”

She grins at you before tossing presumably the last Chelsea Caramel at you.

“So what do you say?”
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; May 25th, 2015 at 01:37 AM.

Aoi Moto
    K’s TSF Hangar

Giving up on recalling her last face to face conversation for the moment, it's not that she couldn't recall if she tried she just has better things to do with her time than remember a trivial detail like that, Aoi steels herself for the challenge ahead. A new shop without a heavy backing of their own makers is the perfect place to display her works and build her brand. The smiling old man behind the counter looms like a final boss before her, worse than any fort class as she plasters a poor attempt at a smile on her face.

Fumbling with the zipper on her backpack she stammers a few incomprehensible sounds out.

No, wait this isn't something so scary. This isn't a real person, it's just an NPC, a shopkeeper like in any of hundreds of games. That's right, it's not like talking to a person at all, think of all the NPC's you've had conversations with. This should be easy!

Finally taking the hard case out of the pack she holds it out towards the old man. Cradled in the protective foam the machine inside is one of her custom designs. Its appearance isn't one that would be recognized immediately, while there are some definable design similarities to the F-18 Super Hornet its overall form is distinctly different.

Possessing an overall smoother appearance it bears no sharp edges, the glossy white powder finish giving it a very modern look. A green vine bearing red roses creeps out from the cockpit curling around the right half of the cockpit in amazing detail for the size, every petal clearly brushed. A work of art, and fully functional to boot, anyone who laid eyes on it should be able to tell its quality. Its weapons are embedded next to it in the foam.

There's no way that the shopkeeper would turn such a model away, she had this locked.

" "

And no words come out. Maybe a squeak?

NPC my ass! Like it would be that easy!

No no, don't panic yet, this isn't the time to cry. It's not over yet.

One more shot, continue YES.

"M-made this! Di-di-dis-p-play? P-p-please?"

She manages to spit out a single fragmented sentence after a heroic effort. Her soft, high pitched voice just carrying far enough to be heard.

Probably.

Maybe.

Please hear me.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

Dustin Ziobro

"CrapCrapCrapCrapCrap!!"

Moving into a new place always takes forever, and even though he'd planned on having all his stuff moved into his new base housing by noon, he didn't even get his keys to the place till nearly 1300 because of yet another series of pointless admin meetings. Well, at least he got the big furniture in place. With just a few more finishing touches to put the most important decorations in place on his coffee table....

"Aaaand done... time to go!"

Having never even taken off his bicycle pressure suit, he grabbed his heavy duty helmet bag, hopped on his Kawasaki, and floored it carefully proceeded to the base hangars while obeying all traffic laws and speed limits. A few quick steps into Senior Chief Petty Officer Del Rio's maintenance office, a sharp thanking nod to the AT1 handing him a rather small pelican suitcase, and he was on his bike again heading off-base. Blasting some unexpectedly chipper music for a 30 year old Commander (O-5), the track barely finished by the time he had pulled up to his destination, "K's TSF Hangar".

Finally, a chance to try out the new setup! It had been a long 9-month sea deployment with barely any flying in the squadron with all the horrible weather they had, but that meant plenty of time to tinker alongside the chief when they weren't busy with other duties. Even so, today would still be the first combat test of his own carefully modified F-35C Lightning II since they obviously didn't have a digitalizer on the carrier. But more importantly...

"WOW! They've got a whole STORE dedicated to Muvpla!?"

Dustin needed to keep his fanboyism under control. Flying an 80 million dollar fighter jet at mach+ speeds? Cool as ice. Manage one of the premiere US Naval fighter squadrons as XO? No problem. But get him in a room with Muvluv memorabilia and other fans? Well... you'd swear he was a third his age.

Luckily since it was later in the day there was parking available in front of the new store, and carrying his helmet bag and pelican suitcase, he ventured in through the pearly white (actually neon) entrance of heaven on earth.

"A non-scale Kagerou! They only ever made those in 1/144 so it must be a custom! Nice detail work too with the IJA markings...And a Shiranui Second Phase 3! Every type of Takemikazuchi too of course...oh WOW an Su-47!"

Mumbling the names of the various TSFs he saw people carrying as he walked by, he did his best not to let all of his excitement show at once. The age range was rather surprising as well. There were some kids barely in middle school, a lot of high school and college students, but more than a handful of adults too. Of course, being in Japan he expected to see mostly Japanese TSFs, but there were still a few American TSFs sprinkled around. One F-14 in particular that had a black and gold skull and crossbones motif definitely added to the grin he was trying his best to hold back...

"Now... how to break in my own little noble confidant..."

Ideally he'd use the practice room first, but after having months to debug Dustin was confident his TSF was ready for combat trials. After getting in line for the receptionist, whether it was anti-BETA or low-damage PvP, he figured he'd take whichever was available first.
    "Fear the quiet people, for you do not know what they are thinking."

Ivan Dragonov

Ivan weakly reached out towards Sei as he watched her devour the last of his Chelsea Caramels. He had been saving those for a special occasion and she had just come in and nonchalantly taken them! Then she even had the nerve to go and eat them in front of him, no less!

"M-my caramels..."

He started to feel tears gathering in his eyes as he watched those delicious pieces of confectionery goodness disappearing one by one.

This was cruel, far too cruel. The feeling that was welling up within Ivan as he terrible scene unfolded, was it perhaps how the hero of Muv-Luv felt when he had lost those closest to him!?

However this stupor of despair was cut short with the last caramel that came hurtling at him. Whether it was due to his honed reflexes from piloting as an Eishi or sheer dumb luck, he caught precious candy and stuck it in his mouth. No way was he going to give her the chance to steal this one as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Sei Irusu
    “So what do you say?”
    Ivan raised an eye at this invitation. Sei dragging him along somewhere was nothing new, but he hadn't expected her to pick the new muvpla store. Sure, she had learnt a few things about it from him back when he was in that phase when he was crazy for the game, but she didn't seem that interested in it. Perhaps something had changed?

Well whatever the case, as her senior in TSF Fighters he'd just have to do his duty and go with her (that and he was planning on paying it another visit anyways), make sure they didn't try to pawn off one of their shoddily build machines to her.

"I suppose I'm up for it, may as well keep an eye on you considering you're still an amateur to this game."
    Last edited by Zagrin; May 26th, 2015 at 04:45 AM.

Taro Akiyama

"Right, that's what the old guy called it...or was it TSF Fighters?"

Thinking aloud Taro moved on, after all no point in wasting any more time here. So this was called 'Muvpla'? Or was it TSF Fighters? Really, was there any reason for two different names or was he missing something to it all? Well it didn't really matter what it was called in the end, for now it had his attention. It was sort of surprising though, that this transfer student knew about the game, maybe it was big from where she came from? Or maybe she was some sort of plastic model nut.

"It's just down this road."

Absentmindedly he said that as they headed down, sure enough in the distance there was the familiar shop from yesterday. There was much less bustle today, probably expected considering it was apparently the big opening yesterday. Was this game really that big in the world or something? It really was just toys being played with, if anything for Taro it reminded him of Valgern-On similar in terms of concept but executed much differently. Well, he did have fun with that one before so maybe that's...

What am I thinking.

"So is this game popular from where you come from or something uh...?"

Right, he had forgotten that bit of information already? Was he sleeping or something in class again, most likely was Taro's conclusion but regardless...

"What was your name again?"
    Last edited by Dranes; May 26th, 2015 at 06:38 PM.

Terui Kaito

"Hoh?" Kaito turned around to face his challenger and began sizing him up. "Do you believe yourself to be capable of matching me?"

The boy had a confident look in his eyes and held himself in a cocky fashion, a rather straight-forward person. However despite this, Kaito couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. Maybe because the manner in which he was challenged felt reminiscent to being challenged to a game of baseball or a fight, not a unique game like a TSF battle. But that made little difference. While Kaito had learned to never underestimate anyone, he was nonetheless confident in his own abilities. He had to be. And by using her TSF he would show the world their strength.

"Interesting," he scoffed before turning around and striding into the doors of the store. "Once I digitize my TSF you will have the honor of being the first to experience its power."

It was Kaito's first time in the brand new store. The shelves were lined from wall to wall with a variety of Muvpla that were unfamiliar to him. His sister would have probably known, but such things held little interest to Kaito at the moment. All he could think of was the enemy in front of him.

After walking past a red-haired girl frantically making squeaking noises at the store clerk and a strange adult who was exploring the store like he had found a treasure hoard, Kaito reached his destination. Entering the booth, Kaito produced his Berkut from his coat pocket and placed it on the scanner in front of him. After a lightshow and a series of noises, the model disappeared into static.

Now he was ready.

"Well then," Kaito approached his challenger. "Let's go."
    Last edited by arkturus; May 26th, 2015 at 01:36 AM.
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

Blog Entries
    Aria Bridges

They called it a Japanese YF-23. While not exactly wrong, there were certain, clear differences that made it its own, unique being. But she wasn’t in the mood to rant about TSF parts as well as their combat capability. That wasn’t even her favorite part of TSF Fighters. No, that was the nitty-gritty.

Combat.

“Oh me? I pilot a YF-23 variant. It’s nothing really special, but I can say it’s served me well when I’ve fought against others. I wouldn’t mind doing a friendly match with you if you want.”
    “Now we’re talkin’. Let’s go to the hanger, shall we? Everyone else hasn’t been a match, but hey, I’m up and eager for a new toy to play with. Get ready to get crushed.”

There was nothing false about her bravado. She was, one hundred percent confident in herself. Someone like her had gone unchallenged for a long, long time, and perhaps the gap in skill had gotten to her.

But most of all, she was itching for a good fight. Someone who could match her skills. Those were the most exciting battles, not crushing bugs beneath your feet. She just wanted some fun.

Blog Entries
    Aoi Moto
    K’s TSF Hangar

When you revealed a TSF meant for display, the shopkeeper’s smile turned from lazy to absolutely giddy when he saw your modified F/A-18E “Super Hornet.” He looked at it thoughtfully, examining from all angles without picking it up.

The F/A-18E was artistic. No one could deny that. Most people would expect the roses to be a sticker due to its high detail and difficulty to paint on. But in contrast to their expectations, you had painted on the rose. The shading was perfect. The panel lining was noticeable yet subtle in its execution.

Many PvP fanatics would agree that while it was really really eye catching (which was bad for PvP) and not desirable for fighting. There wasn’t any doubt in their mind that this TSF had more specs than theirs. The guns were cut crisply and cleanly. The odds of an accidental gun jam were so small it might as well be zero.

"M-made this! Di-di-dis-p-play? P-p-please?"
    “I would be honored to display this! You know how long it has been since I’ve seen a TSF of this quality outside of the world stage?”

He gave Aoi a smile full of reminiscence before placing the white F/A-18E next to a white F-5 at the centerpiece right behind him next to a small trophy.

“A pretty long time little missy. Can I know who made such a great TSF?”

Dustin Ziobro

After waiting for the next available TSF digitizer, it was finally time for you to get into a line for TSF cockpits. While you had no preference for BETA or PvP, it was undeniable that the line for fighting BETA was slightly smaller.

Well it was understandable after all if you faced a human player, there was a damage setting option. Even in the case where the model damage was set to “real life” then it was possible to recover a decent amount of a TSF such as the legs or arms if the enemy shot the cockpit block.

In the case of a BETA invasion or interdiction, the BETA can and will eat your TSF if they get the chance. So it’s always a higher risk of forever losing your TSF in every engagement with a BETA. Probably knowing this risk, lots of people are avoiding the BETA. So you went to the third floor which was dedicated for Anti-BETA sorties.

Due to the shopping recently opening, not all of the third floors cockpit were available. So there was a five minute wait in comparison to the ten minute wait for a single PvP match.

Unluckily for you, you managed to just barely miss the last open cockpit for that sortie so you had to wait a little bit. No biggie just a couple of minutes. It wasn’t that bad until maybe something ran into you from.

You turned to find what seems to be a high school girl and her little sister that ran into you.

“D-did Koromo win?”

Apparently Koromo ran hard enough to disorient herself from running into you. Admittedly, it didn’t hurt for you because she was so small but it did give you quite the jump when she ran into you.

“I’m sincerely sorry sir. I told her she shouldn’t run. Koromo please apologize to him.”

The high schooler gave an apologizing smile to you.

“But I don’t want to Ako!”

Ako’s previously calm and serene smile then became strained. It seems to be that the only thing stopping her was probably your presence. Seems like the next four minutes will be… interesting to say the least.

Ivan Dragonov

"I suppose I'm up for it, may as well keep an eye on you considering you're still an amateur to this game."
    “Hey I know some stuff about Muv Luv so I’m not a complete noob to it! And I could match you if we both had default suits!”

Of course, she forgot to mention that you were the one to give her all of that knowledge and the TSFs she used to occasionally fight you. While it is true, she did used to match if you both used something like Fubukis.

Upon walking into the store, you noticed a new addition in the workspace behind the cashier’s desk while you couldn’t see it too clearly before Sei dragged you further in. You could tell that it was of a great quality rivalling or perhaps even surpassing your own skills at making.

Once Sei quit dragging you, you noticed that you were in the Japanese TSF section. Upon your entrance, one of the customers quit browsing for a second before waving at Sei.

“Yo Sei. I would ask where your friend was at, but I can already tell who it is by how dragged he looks.”

She approached the two of you and gave you a quick glance. Was she just seeing what kind of friend you were with Sei? Whatever she was looking for, you apparently passed as she then gave you a nice hearty slap on the back.

“So you must be Ivan. Sei has been telling me a lot about you. The name is Yuuki Mitsuki. Captain of Sei’s Soccer team. Nice to meet you Ivan-kun.”

So this was Sei’s captain. You’ve heard great things about her like during her first year on the soccer team that she managed to bring the losing Kurogawa soccer team to the prefecture finals.

Taro Akiyama

"Right, that's what the old guy called it...or was it TSF Fighters?"
    The girl had an understanding look on her face when she heard about your confusion on whether it was called Muvpla or TSF Fighters.

“Oh you must be new to Muvpla. Well Muvpla is the general name for the whole umbrella involving Muv Luv Plastic Models and their usage. TSF Fighters is specifically the combat portion of Muvpla. Depending on someone’s focus, they might even be referred to differently. Like a person focusing on the plastic model aspect would be called a Mechanic and a person focused on fighting is called an Eishi.”

Maybe you were right about her being one of those plastic model nuts… She was certainly giving you a lengthy talk about it. It’s almost like one of those dreaded infodumps in a crappy anime. Before she could get too far, you asked her your second question.

"So is this game popular from where you come from or something uh...?"
    “It’s pretty popular worldwide. The odd one of the world would definitely be this town. Despite this town being fairly big, you guys just now got your first Muvpla store. Like I thought Japan would've had one in every decent-sized town.”

Was it? If that was the case, then why are you just now hearing about it? Surely if it was that big you would’ve heard about it… At least you think so.

"What was your name again?"
    “Wait you don’t remember my name?!? I thought we were friends Akiyama-kun!”

Woops. Looks like you slightly screwed up… Maybe you could’ve waited till she introduced herself or looked at the class register sometime later.

“It’s Erika Brehmer. Don’t forget it this time.”

Terui Kaito

Certainly, the store felt bigger on the inside then it looked from the outside. Then again who expected the store to have four floors all to itself. According to the big map on the wall, you managed to figure out what each floor did.

The first floor had the merchandise and digitizers. The second floor was the dedicated PvP or Free Battle floor. The third floor was the Sortie or Anti-BETA Floor. The fourth floor was a snack bar with some tools to create your newly bought TSFs, read a relaxing Muv Luv light novel, or watch some of the people piloting downstairs.

Of course, you were only concerned with the directions for the digitzer and then the PvP cockpits. While you were trying to figure out the digitizer and the cockpits, it seems like your challenger was swept up by the general atmosphere of the store.

“Such energy! Such excitement in this room! This place might be what I was looking for!”

It seems like he was so pumped up that he accidentally didn’t hear your boastful words. Whatever, you’ll make him regret not listening to you in a second.

“So how do I start this thing?”

Wait what… Does he seriously not have a TSF? You could always leave him and crush some other poor sap, but then again it wouldn’t be manly to leave your challenge halfway through. So what should you do?

Aria Bridges

The short fifteen minute bus ride to Kurogawa was… disorienting at least for the rest of the Muvpla Club. Apparently the only ones not affected were you and the transfer student. While you were psyching yourself up, the transfer student was humming what seems to be a metal song while inspecting their TSF.

When you heard YF-23, you were expecting something more customized than just a color change and an additional weapon. Whereas the YF-23s had a light pale grey or dark black color depending on whether it was PAV-1 or PAV-2. This one was more of the grey-green color of a F-22A. Also curiously, the TSF had equipped a scope mounted Mk.57 despite the TSF’s close range design philosophy.

After digitizing your TSFs, the Muvpla Club left you and the transfer student to wait in line on the second floor while they went to the fourth floor to watch the fight. So you were stuck waiting in line with the transfer student for a bit. Luckily or unluckily for you, the transfer student was the talkative type.

“Oh I just realized that haven’t introduced myself. I’m Alex Harper recently moved from Fallon, Nevada. Nice to meet you.”
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; May 29th, 2015 at 12:23 PM.

Aoi Moto
    K’s TSF Hangar

Yes, it is amazing. Even an NPC can tell how high a level this unit is at. Her focus on the aesthetics of the unit hadn't compromised its lethality at all. Even the careful powder paint finish that gleams adds to the strength of the unit, enhancing the defense of its armor.

“I would be honored to display this! You know how long it has been since I’ve seen a TSF of this quality outside of the world stage?”

“A pretty long time little missy. Can I know who made such a great TSF?”
    A crooked, and obviously quite seldom used smile creeps across Aoi's face at the praise. This wasn't even her best work, just something she made on little more than a whim. Still a far cut above the chaff that litters this game.

Her expression of joy crashes down a moment later at his next words. Was it not obvious that she had made it? She mentally berates herself at her indecisiveness, not yet having decided on a makers mark. Having to choose just one, it's no good if you change it later.

Lifting her free hand she points her index finger at her own face.

"Aoi Moto."

She manages not to stutter at all this time. Able to say her own name, what an achievement.

Though, is that really the appropriate way to introduce oneself? Are you trying to to introduce yourself to an alien who doesn't speak your language? Aoi doesn't even bother trying to remember the last time she's had to introduce herself to someone else.
    Last edited by Plue; May 29th, 2015 at 03:45 AM.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

Dustin Ziobro

BETA wait time is shorter? BETA it is! His selectively customized F-35C was definitely more specialized for PvP, but some of the modifications considerably enhanced it's anti-BETA combat capabilities as well. His plan then was to take it slow and get an easier mission if possible to test out the new systems.

Considering his arrival later in the day, most of the people left should have some experience by now, at least to the point of surviving the 8-minutes-till-"Ah crap you mean I have to build ANOTHER one!?". And with a remotely competent front line, he knew with full confidence he could give them enough cover to at least keep the majority of them from getting steamrolled in a moderate difficulty mission.

D-did Koromo win?
    Whoa, where'd she come from? There's even kids this young getting into muvpla nowadays? You can bet they're not reading the original trilogy though... the material's much too heavy for someone her age. Or perhaps she's just here with a-

I'm sincerely sorry sir. I told her she shouldn't run. Koromo please apologize to him.
    But I don't want to Ako!
    Ahhhh, so she's here with her older sister. But wait, blonde hair? Definitely half-ers... I wonder if they're someone's kids from the command... lord knows three quarters of the personnel there are married...

Looking to see if the little Kuromo was okay first and then giving a once over his helmet bag, he addressed the older sister.

"Haha, no problem miss. I don't suppose you two just played some TSF fighters, or was she referring to winning something else?"
    "Fear the quiet people, for you do not know what they are thinking."

Ivan Dragonov

He had tried to protest and get Sei to give him five minutes, no he wouldn't of even needed that long, to inspect the new model on display. Unfortunately for Ivan, Sei's tendency to ignore his questions (she really did have a one track mind, didn't she?) saw him being pulled through various aisles in the store until finally they had reached...the Japanese TSF section? So she was picking her own machine today after all.

Upon their arrival a girl, who seemed to be around the same age as them, greeted the two of them though he couldn't quite recall who she was. She seemed friendly, although he did feel somewhat uncomfortable with the gaze she had given him at first. It wasn't hostile per say, but one that seemed to be analyzing him, evaluating something but what it was he couldn't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki Mitsuki
    “So you must be Ivan. Sei has been telling me a lot about you. The name is Yuuki Mitsuki. Captain of Sei’s Soccer team. Nice to meet you Ivan-kun.”
    "Oh? Good things, I hope?"

Telling her a lot about him? Well that didn't seem too unusual although he didn't really think there was much to talk about when it came to him to consider it "a lot."

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Mitsuki-san. I apologize for Sei, I know how she tends to get at times, so you have my sympathies for when she conveniently ignores what someone says. Now then..."

Not waiting to listen to whatever protests Sei may have had (certainly, that might have been a low blow, but all's fair in love and war as they say), Ivan knelt down by one of the shelves and reached out to one of the boxes. Shaking his head as he read the name on the box, his fingers trailed down to the next kit, and then the next and so on.

"Not bad. So Sei I'm guessing you're going to be picking up one of these kits today? And how about you, Mitsuki-san?"

Taro Akiyama

'Friends' she had said.

It honestly caused Taro to blink in surprise, classmates sure but friends? Whatever, she could say what she wanted about the two of them, it didn't really matter in the end. At least she was able to explain what this 'muvpla' was, even if it seemed unbelievable to be true. A game of plastic toys that had become world renown? And he had never heard of it too boot? Regardless of whether he kept up or not with what was popular in the world, how Erika described it made it nothing short of a miracle that he had never even heard such a ridiculous term even in passing: 'muvpla'.

So plastic toys it is.

He scratched his head as he continued on, even if he wasn't too concerned with her berating.

"Yeah, yeah I got it. I'm bad with names."

A half-lie, a half-truth.

"Anyways, what makes this thing so popular?"

If he couldn't figure it out himself well...better ask the one that may or may not be obsessed with it.

Terui Kaito

“So how do I start this thing?”
    Kaito stared back at the strange boy in disbelief. Was he seriously just challenged by someone who hasn't even touched the game before?
    Such foolishness. Such arrogance. The boy was just another one of the childish gawkers that Muvpla tended to attract.

He didn't have time for this.

"Sorry, but it isn't my job to teach beginners."

Kaito headed towards the stairs. If he remembered correctly, the PvP area was on the second floor.
    But halfway up the stairs he stopped and turned towards the boy.

While Kaito hated those kinds of people, he also knew that there was no way to prevent them. If that was the case, why not try to set them in the right direction? He might even become a worthy opponent in the future.

"Come back once you've at least learned the basics. I'll properly crush you then." Kaito scoffed before continuing up the stairs.

Hopefully the store wasn't full of idiots like him.
    Last edited by arkturus; June 5th, 2015 at 11:26 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Aria Bridges

What the student had done with their YF-23 was simply appalling, she thought. The sheer idea of using such a beautiful, close range beast as a machine for sniping made her sick. Sniping was something she had always associated with Raptors, which fared much better in TSF on TSF combat. Something, while still entirely legal, that just didn’t suit her style. She hated that style with every fiber of her being. Ever since Yuuya had defected, her hands just shook. Any chance of her using a gun had gone to zilch.

Well, she didn’t need a gun to crush someone like the weirdo in front of her. She could beat him the same way she always beat people—apply more blades until it stuck. It usually stuck. Very rarely had she been seriously bested, after all.

“Aria Bridges, originally from California. Let’s cut to the chase.”

Fight. Now.