133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

105 78.95%
  • No.

13 9.77%
  • Neither, I don't mind.

15 11.28%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Are you enjoying the new UBW Adaptation by Ufotable?

blue blue glass something something Pillzman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post
    I think it's time to change this thread's title to "Did you enjoy the UBW Adaptation by Ufotable?".
    Or maybe just make a new thread? We could make the poll public while at that.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Good Job Poll about a Good Job show.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Pretty animation and good performances make it genuinely entertaining, but shoddy pacing in the second half and an inability to decide if it was a sequel to F/Z or not drag it down.

We'll call it a solid B.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    The Last 5 episodes make the issues with some of the rest of the show totally worth it.

The fact that the show is such a missed opportunity kinda irks me.

They had ample opportunity to be better than the original, but every time they made a step in that direction, they'd come right back and motorboat the VN for another episode like an indecisive stalker.

Still, it's leagues ahead of the rest of the Fate licensed bollocks that has been infesting the market ever since TM started wallowing in their only mainstream success even though any creative spark left it ages ago.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    The fact that the show is such a missed opportunity kinda irks me.

They had ample opportunity to be better than the original, but every time they made a step in that direction, they'd come right back and motorboat the VN for another episode like an indecisive stalker.

Still, it's leagues ahead of the rest of the Fate licensed bollocks that has been infesting the market ever since TM started wallowing in their only mainstream success even though any creative spark left it ages ago.
    The epilogue was literally perfect and improved on the VN!

Like KnK was better, don't get me wrong, but I really liked UBW more than Zero and I fucking loved Zero.

I guess I'll rewatch it when I get back from work. I was a little bitter when I first watched it thanks to having marathoned the entire season all at once in the leadup to it. Maybe I can get past its flaws :/

Still, I doubt it'll replace F/Z as the pinnacle of the Fate franchise in my mind. It'd have to give me an existential crisis for that to happen.

I for one LOVED it! Definitely one of my favorite anime. A few flaws here and there, but very enjoyable.