Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 914171819

Thread: Ancient Literature Discussion (History, Myth, Philosophy &c.)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Between all those alternate history stories, such as Man in the High Castle and Wolfenstein, where the Third Reich managed to push all the way to the US, does any ever mention any potentially awkward moments where it is discovered that certain Jewish-German athletes, such as fencer Paul Sommer, are still alive in the US? More specifically, because they were evacuated from the Holocaust by the very architect of the Final Solution (yes, you know the one).
    PKD tossed a joke every now and then into his novels so I honestly wouldn't be surprised to happen upon such a thing during a reading.

"I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer."

Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Obviously, there are many theories about what happened here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%BC_Boshe but it would be hilarious if all those experts were overthinking the situation, and it was just a prank gone horribly wrong, like this:

Minus the Halloween.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    ...I think you posted it in the wrong thread, Lvl.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But you know the Lu Boshe incident that I'm talking about, right? Also, it's a bit ironic that, if only out of necessity, white supremacist Hitler was forced to make alliances with several non-whites. Obviously, the Japanese, but also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amin_al-Husseini
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I didn't, actually. I'm not really familiar with Chinese Literature, not even the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.