Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 121720212223242732 ... LastLast

Thread: The BAMBOO BROOM DIARY (Nasu and Takeuchi blog)

Blog Entries
    Not-spoilery things:
    - Nasu's Martha is BBB-ing BB/GO.
    - There should be an update today to the boss material.
    - Nasu mentioned how he said "it won't be exaggerating to say (he) started FGO for this" in an interview before, but that wasn't for this CCC event.
    FGO is the only media where he has a chance to write a "what-if-afterwards" for heroines from finished stories.
    The best part about FGO is that he can write routes that would be impossible in the original story, like for "Ryougi Shiki" and the guest heroine for this event. (Or Elizabeth would be the best case in this example. Sadly, Eli-chan can only have fitting ends in the EX main story.)

FGO/CCC event spoiler translated notes

- Kiara's upbringing in FGO
    Same as CCC up to 14.
    After recovering, she gets out of the mountain, and has a happy student life.
    She saves a lot of people, but is attacked by people who felt their positions were threatened by her great success (that she did for free!), painted her as a bad person, and she ends up on that oil plant. Not that she minds, she wasn't unhappy.
    If Zepar didn't happen, the worn out workers on Seraphics would've been soothed by Kiara.

- Lost Man
    The reason he restarted at the end isn't because Kiara said things about him, but he stood up because she called the people who drove the nameless hero out disgusting.
    Like "There's no way I can just let you say that and do nothing".

- "(BB?) changed destiny so we won't meet"
    If CCC happens, there will be trouble for him/her.
    So even if the entire world forgets, and BB remembers forever, she defines "we did not meet", and put a lid on her dream, to protect that future.

Timeline before the event started
    - January
    Zepar comes to Seraphics, starts taking over. Starts digitalization.
    Picks Kiara as his hiding place when he is found, and starts recovering.

- February
    Riots and confusion. digitalization progressing. Kiara feels her mind rotting, but does her best as a therapist.

- March
    The morale within Seraphics is at the limit.
    Zepar introduces himself to Kiara and starts working together. Finds out Kiara's life in other worlds, thinks it would be useful, and pulls her ability from EXTRA. (*: reason it worked)

Seraphics starts turning into SE.RA.PH., sinks but is still running because of 電脳化. Time starts changing into SE.RA.PH. time. Kiara (Zepar) starts turning the survivors into a cult.
    Kiara succeeds in opening the astronomy room after a bit of trying. The deputy was too scared to do it, so the dirty work dude pulled the lever at the end. (Incidentally, he was the only person in the workers who did not have a physical relationship with Kiara.)
    Servants summoned, time changed to 100 times faster, HGW starts. Zepar loses his freedom around this time.

- April
    Kiara salvages BB(GO), Melt, and Lip to use.
    BB/GO tells the survivors "you may survive if you keep quiet, oh, but by the way, time is different, so it'll take 50 years until help comes".
    Survivors fighting intensifies, basically "Mist" by Beckman. Anyone who goes against him is thrown out, feeded away, or ordered to attack Melt and co who were looking around SE.RA.PH..

BB/GO pretended to obey Kiara. Melt and Lip know they can't go against Kiara (because they were salvaged from her), but having hostile feelings, after a bit of neutrality and understading the situation, went against Kiara anyways. Melt was disposed of, and Lip was sealed.

After HGW-ing for a while, Kiara becomes a immature Beast, and starts making her "main body", and chooses SE.RA.PH. as her body to become a beast. SE.RA.PH. starts turning into Kiara.
    At this point, the human Kiara becomes a sub-unit that she can throw away at anytime. (Zepar was clinging to this.)

Sensing a Beast, Mooncell grasps the situation, sends BB to deal with it as CCC.
    BB immediately figures out that the situation is way out of hand for her to deal with, and issues an order to cooperate with the local humans.
    BB and BB/GO discuss their goals and switch. From this point, SE.RA.PH. is run by Mooncell BB, and to keep Kiara from finding out, she pretends to act like "admin AI under Kiara".

By the way, Zepa-something is gone around here.
    HGW continues.

- May
    Kiara finishes her SE.RA.PH.-fying. Goes to Mariana trench in 2030.
    Kiara's greatest mistake, Ms.Trapaine manages to get to the communication room (with secret help from BB), and sends SOS to Chaldea even as she is dissovled. BB honors her last efforts and gives a proper burial for her. BB also vows to make this entire incident a 虚数事象 (imaginary number event?) and save all the staff. Everyone, except Zepar and Kiara, that is.
    Kiara recognizes the situation, and leaves dealing with Chaldea up to BB. BB says she'll annoy them, does that too, but invites Chaldea's master as their only hope.

Guda arrives, but Kiara's restrictions force the servants that tagged along to scatter, and they are defeated.
    Alone, Guda escapes from insane servants, and manages to get into the church. There, they meet Meltlilth, who is about to stop after being thrown away. They make a contract.
    Because she was initialized, Meltlilith is very docile and at Level 1.

From Melt's POV, it was like fighting a bunch of Kamen Riders as only one Shocker fighter(?). It was scary, tought, but everything about this was precious for her, and that was the reason she did her best.
    They ran out of time, and SE.RA.PH. reaches the bottom (and goes beyond). They managed to save Passionlip, but couldn't take off the restraints. The three reach the astronomy room but Kiara dissolves Guda. Melt jumps with the help of Lip.

- 30 minutes before the event starts
    Melt reaches SE.RA.PH. of 2 hours ago.
    BB, sensing the irregularity, contacts her, and Melt shares her memory to make a plan. "The plan to off Kiara without being found out by Kiara" starts.
    BB starts making the slot and KP, so Kiara will think they're only for annyoing Chaldea.
    Melt visits the church, and meets the discarded Melt, for a lonely farewell.

The master from Chaldea arrives.
    BB heard from Melt that the servants will be scattered, picks three servants from Chaldea and forces them here. To keep Kiara from getting suspicious, she made them believe "we came with Guda".
    The three originally accompanying servants were secretly collected by BB/GO, instead of being caught by Kiara.

*:The reason Zepar could (unluckily) pull Kiara's records of CCC
    The incident by Kiara on Mooncell is a 虚数事象 (imaginary number event?), which is lost in the Universe of Awareness but is barely recorded in the Universe of Record.
    ... so, Zepar shouldn't be able to look it up even if he can see parallel worlds.
    But, Kiara is a Beast candidate, and has Authority of Beast, which is basically "destiny instakill resistance" ( this was mentioned in Babylon, regarding Tiamat), and this extends to records in 虚数事象. Thus, even if the Kiara incident is rewritten to "didn't happen", records of Kiara doesn't disappear.

I was going to bullet point the important things but ended up with most of it. どうしてこうなった/(^o^)\
    Sorry for any mistakes, wait for people familiar with EX for the 観測宇宙/記録宇宙 stuff. Edit:Replaced 観測宇宙 to Universe of Awareness, and 記録宇宙 to Universe of Record. (Other translation terms are Observational Space and Archival Space, see discussion below.)
    I'm guessing the "change destiny~" part is referring to Hakuno.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Bravo Trapain

- - - Updated - - -

so,

Spoiler:
    gawain, cat, and demiya was forcibly summoend to seraph by BB and had information that "they were summoned together with Gudao" inserted right?
    The best part about Trapain is that she had sex with Kiara but still had the strength to do that.
    And yes to your question.
    Last edited by canaki; May 14th, 2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added the alternate terms for clarity
    FGO Supports (Last Update: 2019-08 Anniversary)

Quotes

<dyingcomputer> canaki <dyingcomputer> is the embodiment of notes

Quote Originally Posted by canaki View Post
    I stick to my opinion of Shinjuku = Higashide, Agartha = Minase, Shimousa = Sakurai, Salem = Meteo

(Since I'm repeating this a lot)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    thx canaki
    if only, if only zepar didnt bother connecting Kiara with Kiara

....whyd he do that anyway?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    thx canaki
    if only, if only zepar didnt bother connecting Kiara with Kiara

....whyd he do that anyway?
    Zepar had no understanding of how human minds work saw Kiara having cool abilities in CCC, thought it would be handy to have that on his side.

Quotes

I stick to my opinion of Shinjuku = Higashide, Agartha = Minase, Shimousa = Sakurai, Salem = Meteo

Blog Entries
    zepar ya done fucked up

e: btw,
    Spoiler:
    the mooncell that sends bb to help us is from extraverse and not fgoverse right? just checking
    Last edited by castor212; May 12th, 2017 at 07:40 AM.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    *:The reason Zepar could (unluckily) pull Kiara's records of CCC
    The incident by Kiara on Mooncell is a 虚数事象 (imaginary number event?), which is lost in 観測宇宙 but is barely recorded in 記録宇宙
    ... so, Zepar shouldn't be able to look it up even if he can see parallel worlds.
    But, Kiara is a Beast candidate, and has 獣の権能 (Beasts' Authority?), which is basically "destiny instakill resistance" (I think this was mentioned in Babylon, regarding Tiamat), and this extends to records in 虚数事象. Thus, even if the Kiara incident is rewritten to "didn't happen", records of Kiara doesn't disappear.
    IIRC Fallacy calls this stuff Universe of Record vs Universe of Awareness. The Moon Cell is a Universe of Record, while the (in-universe) real world is the Universe of (Human) Awareness. Even if something falls out of humanity's awareness, records may persist in systems like the moon cell. (In literary terms even if you retcon an event to have never happened in-universe, the story's medium (a book or film or whatever) still has record of this event happening, making the book a universe of record. To use Madoka Magica as an example, Madoka was turned into an imaginary numbers phenomenon)
    Last edited by Kyte; May 12th, 2017 at 10:41 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I like Reiu's Observational Space and Archival Space instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Dunno, they made the meaning less obvious imo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    IIRC Fallacy calls this stuff Universe of Record vs Universe of Awareness. The Moon Cell is a Universe of Record, while the (in-universe) real world is the Universe of (Human) Awareness. Even if something falls out of humanity's awareness, records may persist in systems like the moon cell. (In literary terms even if you retcon an event to have never happened in-universe, the story's medium (a book or film or whatever) still has record of this event happening, making the book a universe of record. To use Madoka Magica as an example, Madoka was turned into an imaginary numbers phenomenon)
    Nah, they're actually referring to two different concepts of time. Observational Space = a world or viewpoint where past, present, and future are separate and aren't perceived simultaneously; Archival Space = a world or viewpoint where the opposite, basically think Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen

The core of the Moon Cell is an Archival Space because it's running parallel world simulations encompassing all possibilities at once.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    basically think Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen
    wow Rin could have saved a lot of time explaining if she had just read more comics

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Nah, they're actually referring to two different concepts of time. Observational Space = a world or viewpoint where past, present, and future are separate and aren't perceived simultaneously; Archival Space = a world or viewpoint where the opposite, basically think Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen

The core of the Moon Cell is an Archival Space because it's running parallel world simulations encompassing all possibilities at once.
    In a way that makes more sense but at the same time it meshes less well with Nasu's schtick of reality being bound to perception and the fact things retconned to "have never happened" are still kept as records, which apparently not even Chaldea can observe and Chaldea explicitly runs on the idea it can observe parallel possibilities to some degree.

Like, if somebody magically retconned an event in the past, Dr. Manhattan's perception would be updated too.
    Last edited by Kyte; May 12th, 2017 at 07:11 PM.

Blog Entries

um

farside is an archival space right?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    um

farside is an archival space right?
    originally, yes.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    originally, yes.
    wait what you mean orignally

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    wait what you mean orignally
    in an archival space there is no sense of time, since the past, present, and the future are all one lump.
    Meltlilith overwrote that basic rule into "melt has no hitboxes"
    therefore while it's still archival space, it's not exactly archival space as is.

Blog Entries
    i dont get it
    but i guess its another CCC thing so ill live with it

JP Friend Code
    Oh Nasu corrected the 獣の権能, it was typo of 単独顕現.

- - - Updated - - -

No wonder I found it kinda weird back when I read it.

That makes so much more sense, to be honest.

Blog Entries

2017/6/29 : アガルタの茸。

みんなー、お待たせ~!

今日の夕方からアガルタが始まるよ~!
    1.5部はみんなそれぞれトガっていますが、アガルタは「物理的に凶暴な」美しい花々たちとの戦いが繰り広 げられます。
    そしてかつてない旅情感。「あれ? FGOってもしかしてファンタジー冒険ものだった? っていうか、二年目にしてやっと王道RPG!?」みたいな。

今回の自分の一押しは『こんなん担当ライター一発で分かるやん!』と性癖が爆発したエルドラドのバーサーカ ー。宝具の叫びはマジ必聴です。
    とにかく今回はバーサーカーだよ。シナリオをお楽しみにね!

そして昨夜の電撃的なCMを見てくれた諸兄には言わなくても伝わっているだろうけど、あえて言 いたい。
    美女三人を引き連れ、メガネをかけたマネージャー風の礼装ですげえドヤ顔している主人公な。
    後ろの三人、それ全員、○○だからな。

それにしてもあの少年は何者なのだろう……正体が分からないので、ここは仮にマッシロイ、と名付けておくか ……

Quotes

Blog Entries
    TL
    Hey all, thanks for waiting!

Agartha starts later today!
    Each chapter of Part 1.5 is peaky, and in Agartha, we will fight "physically violent" beautiful flowers.
    There is a lot of journey-ing feelings.
    Like, "Wait, was FGO a adventuring fantasy kind of thing? We finally became a good ol' RPG in our 2nd year?!"

My reccommendation for this time is Berkserker of Eldorado, so full of fetish that you can tell the writer for her right away.
    You have to listen her to shouting in her NP.
    She's a Berserker this time. Please look forward to the story!

Those who saw the electrifying CM yesterday probably don't need me to tell you, but let me say this.
    Guda wearing glasses, dressed in a manager-like MC, accompanied with three beautiful women.
    The three behind you, they're all XXX...

I wonder who the boy is... since I don't know, I'll call him Masshiroi for now...

Quotes

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    we producer now

- - - Updated - - -

right down to the Mystic Code skills even
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)