Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Thread: Technology / PC Thread

Yeah my experience with the USB ones is niggling network problems that you never quite know if it's the dongle causing them

The Adventurer The seeking seer's Avatar
    Just passing by. I just recently bought a rare AMD AM3+ 970 legacy mother that's compatible with the older Athlon II and Phenom II processors up to the present FX processors. My question is. are the Phenom II processors (especially 6X) still available around today and do some of the good people here know how and where to find them because the FX processors are way too expensive for me and I'm on a tight budget these days. Thanks

I had a shitty wifi dongle and I understand. It would never connect to ac routers so I went out and bought an ASUS USB dongle with ac compatibility. Worked perfectly from then on.
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Blog Entries
    headset recommendations
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by @Leo-chan View Post
    headset recommendations
    Blue (brand, not color) Snowball Microphone and any low-end audiophile headphones. Sennheiser makes a few goods ones, Sony, JVC, etc.

If you really don't want a standalone mic, just get any shitty clip-on, it'll be decent enough.
    Code:

Blog Entries
    headset recommendations
    Steelseries Siberia V2
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Honestly I say headset because I think my front panel audio might be totally fucked so USB audio sounds pretty attractive
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Honestly I say headset because I think my front panel audio might be totally fucked so USB audio sounds pretty attractive
    Oh okay, in that case I dunno, most USB headsets I've used haven't been that great.
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Second the recommendation of getting a good set of headphones, and going with a separate microphone of some sort (the Antlion Modmic addon is a magnetically held-in-place but removable option, if you don't want something on the desk).

I'm into audio production, so I'm more interested in headphones that accurately reproduce all the detail in the sound rather than making the music 'sound good' by hiding problems in the sound; this pretty much excludes all the regular gaming-intended ones. That said, the headphones I've got are closed-back because I was living in an apartment at the time I got them, and wanted the external noise isolation. If you want the best sound, you want open-back headphones, but that will let external noise in.

I've got a set of Sennheiser HD280 (64ohm) and Beyerdynamic DT770's (250ohm). Watch the impedances, some of the higher ones may require amplification to get a proper sound. Noise isolation is better on the HD280 than the DT770, and they're also more comfortable. Sound quality of the HD280 isn't as quite as nice as the DT770, though the DT770 has a bit too much treble emphasis. HD280 is more fragile, I've managed to crack the headband's plastic, and it's being held together by tape in a number of places. Granted, it's approaching 10 years of service now.

If I were to get headphones today, I'd probably look at the Beyerdynamic DT880's for open back, or one of the nicer Sennheisers (HD600) if I wanted to splurge. The AudioTechnica M50X's are some other well regarded ones that aren't as expensive, closed-back, and about the same price point as the DT770's

Beyerdynamic does make a version of the DT880 with a microphone attached called the MMX300, but I don't like the price point that one sits at.

Also, recommend going to a place that lets you try the headphones out, for the sound, but more so for the comfort. Headphones that clamp on your head too hard are not fun, especially if you end up wearing them for a long time at a stretch.
    Last edited by TrienDarkform; August 30th, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

Blog Entries
    I use a Sennheiser HD 598 connected to an Astro mixamp connected to an external sound card with Dolby Digital Live all for the sake of making my computer pew pew games go whoosh whoosh around my head.

Blog Entries
    I have my computer set-up on my 50In HDTV through my 5.1 HD AV Receiver Surround Sound with Speakers I salvaged from an older system.

Kara no Kyoukai was perfect for a test run and I've had it since May I think.

My headset is cheapo though lmao, I just use it for skype/game chats

Have an Nvidia Shield tablet, which got a recall for overheating battery. Got the replacement tablet in the mail, along with a note to dispose of the old one according to local electronics disposal/recycling regulations... and which is supposed to get an OTA update that'll brick it now that I've activated the replacement tablet. Thus, I have left it disconnected thus far.

After a bit of searching though, I seem to have found a replacement battery.

This should be interesting.
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    It's pretty bad, since the main core has a pentium or a celeron processor, but the idea itself is solid, tho unnecessary.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    If you call yourself a gamer but aren't willing to do what amounts to expensive slightly sensitive Lego come on really.

Blog Entries
    If you call yourself a gamer but aren't willing to do what amounts to expensive slightly sensitive Lego come on really.
    But I already do that, it's called building a PC, this is just more expensive, slightly less complicated, less chance you fuck up

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Exactly yes.

Blog Entries
    Oh nvm, I misread your post. So yeah. Basically that is my opinion on it.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Last edited by In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries; September 4th, 2015 at 12:23 PM.
    Code:

Blog Entries

That PC is actually pretty good yea, pretty much just needs a SSD.

20.06.2014 Never forget