View Poll Results: Who do you want to see appear here from Prisma Illya?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kiritsugu

35 24.31%
  • Irisviel

67 46.53%
  • The Ainsworths

15 10.42%
  • Emiya Shirou (Miyuverse)

54 37.50%
  • Rin and/or Luvia

34 23.61%
  • Caren

26 18.06%
  • Others (Write in the thread)

3 2.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 27 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Prism Mayhem (F/SN X Prisma Illya)

US Friend Code

Prism Mayhem (F/SN X Prisma Illya)

Someone requested this idea to me a while back, and now I figured I'd share it. Enjoy! I believe the inspiration was from that one chapter in All-Around Type Moon where there were two Illyas, but I could be wrong.

Cover Picture (Because I just wanted to draw):

Disclaimer: I don’t own Fate/Stay Night or Prisma Illya. If I did, I’d… yeah, I got nothing. What? I can’t do witty remarks, okay?

-

To say I wasn’t interested in magic would be a lie.

It wasn’t like I had a bad life; I had loving parents, caring housekeepers, and a… wonderful onii-chan. I lived in a normal house, got good grades in school, and made some very good friends. I had everything a girl my age could want, and I was content with that. Even so, I couldn’t help but wish for something more glamorous.

I always loved watching Mahou Shoujo anime. I loved how young girls – ordinary girls just like I was – could perform magic, could save the world like the heroes they were, and could shine so brightly even though they were normal, everyday children. I remember wishing that someday, maybe, I could be like them and fly around with glittery magic and colorful costumes.

… At least, that was what I used to wish, until a talking magical stick changed my life. In a bad way. No, seriously; during our first encounter, it (she?) made me have a nosebleed from seeing onii-chan’s-

M-my point was, I knew shortly after that day that magic was not something so cheerful and pretty. I understood that the world of magic – the world of magi – was not a place for ordinary girls like me. I found out in the battles that followed, that I had to put my life on the line in being a magical girl of justice.

But I never expected the world to be even more messed up than that.

In comparison, my life was probably a joke. In comparison, my battles were probably a farce. To her, my entire existence must have been a sin – a blatant denial of her own experiences.

Maybe that was why she tried to kill me.

You’d think I’d be used to that, what with Kuro and all, but I was not; unlike Kuro, she did not make me feel guilty whenever I looked at her. Unlike Kuro, she did not look angry at me, or at the world. In fact, she just looked… broken.

I used to admire magic. I used to admire heroes. I used to admire a life more exciting than my own, mundane one. I used to think that maybe somewhere, in an alternate universe, there existed a me that had all those wishes granted.

But little did I know, that the other ‘me’ would try to kill me with a big, hulking giant wielding an axe sword.

-

Illyasviel von Einzbern woke to the sight of a horribly mortified girl.

She had black hair, beautiful eyes, and the air of a cool beauty. She was Miyu Edelfelt, and her face had apparently swollen to four times its usual size. Or maybe it just looked large, because their faces were far too close for comfort.

“U-um, Illya,” she said timidly. “I-I think it’s a little too early for k-kissing…”

Young girl or no, Illya had impressive lung capacity – an endowment she showed off in full by screaming Miyu’s ear off. Scurrying away like a terrified mouse, she tumbled off her bed, slamming the back of her head onto the floor.

“Illya!” Despite what just transpired, Miyu seemed hardly unfazed, instead switching to an expression of worry. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Illya had already kissed her once before. “Are you alright?”

“Geez, can’t you two keep it down in the morning?” an irritated voice asked.

Chloe von Einzbern – or ‘Kuro’ as they called her – walked into the room, already dressed in her school uniform. In terms of appearances alone, she was a perfect mirror image of Illya, except she had tanned skin. In terms of personality, however, she could not be more different from her ‘little sister’.

“And Illya,” she went on, smirking as she looked at her twin. “Isn’t it about time you learned to get up on your own? Don’t make Miyu babysit you all the time.”

“I-I’m perfectly capable of getting up by myself!” Illya retorted, with surprising energy considering she was the only person in the room still wearing her pajamas. “Miyu just happened to be early, that’s all!”

“Actually, Illya,” Miyu corrected calmly. “We’re going to be late at this rate.”

Illya’s head spun so fast she was surprised it stayed attached to her neck. The clock read-

“EEEEEHH?!”

-

Emiya Shirou was known by many names. At one point in his life, ‘Hero of Justice’ had been one of them. At that point, however, it also happened to be synonymous with ‘Villain’; despite being the savior of millions of lives and the protector of humanity, he was ultimately despised by the very humans he protected. In the end, he was betrayed by the world, and died a pathetic death.

How did everything turn out this way?

He had never sought recognition. To him, helping others was more than enough; to desire anything in return was a betrayal to his ideals. He had never hoped to be repaid, and he had dedicated his life to saving those in need. And yet, despite that selflessness, he had failed to become a true ‘hero’.

There was no escape from this Hell. There was no escape from the mountains of corpses he had to create with his own hands. There was no escape from the oceans of blood he had spilled in his quest for justice. There was no escape, so he had to seek another solution.

And so, he decided to kill his past.

To erase his own existence, so that he would never become a hero. That was the sole goal of the man known as Emiya Shirou, and it was for this very reason that he once again lifted his bow. Perhaps, he thought, this would be the last time he would have to see bloodshed. But then again, if it was his own blood he was shedding, it was probably alright.

His eyes burning with steel-cold resolve, the Servant Archer stepped into the fifth Holy Grail War. Only this time, something was… different.

-

“Ugh… Taiga’s really merciless today…”

Grumbling as she swept the courtyard, Illya sighed heavily. As punishment for being late, she, Miyu (who was late because she was waiting for her) and Kuro (who was late because she was arguing with Illya for too long) were told to sweep the school grounds after school. It might have been a piece of cake since there were three of them, but the school grounds, as it turned out, were huge.

“It’s never getting done today…” she whined.

“Now, now, don’t say that, Illya-san!” a strange object said merrily, popping out from inside her hair. As usual, Magical Stick Ruby-chan was energetic to match even Taiga, and that was saying a lot. “Occasional exercise is good for your health, you know?”

“This isn’t exercise,” Illya pointed out. “Besides, we fought the Class Cards; that’s enough exercise to last two lifetimes. I’d rather be home reading manga or watching anime…”

“Sounds like something a NEET would say,” Kuro teased.

“I’m not even going to play along,” Illya sighed. “I’m too tired to even argue anymore-”

“On your guard, Illya-san!” Ruby said suddenly. “An enemy’s approaching!”

“Eh?! An enemy?!” Illya asked in panic, unable to follow the turn of events.

“Yes!” Ruby replied. “It’s a powerful one, too! It’s a vengeful spirit of pure hate and terrible fashion sense-”

It took exactly one tenth of a second for Ruby to fly across the yard and slam into a wall. For a moment, Kuro and Miyu readied themselves for battle, only to relax a moment later when they identified this ‘foe’.

A disgruntled look on her face, Tohsaka Rin took a second to regain her refined aura as she turned to look at the group. Except for when it came to Ruby and a certain blonde with oversized tendrils, she was a dignified heir to the Tohsaka lineage, and was by every definition a skilled magus. It was only natural for such a woman to have this much pride, and it went without saying that she tried to keep a prim and proper appearance in public. Whenever she was not going around throwing Ruby like a Frisbee or stomping on it to relieve stress, that is.

“Eh? Rin-san?” Illya, the slowest on the uptake, asked. “What’re you doing here?”

“Something came up,” Rin replied simply. “I needed your help, but you weren’t at home, so I came over here. Luvia and Bazett be here shortly, too, so-”

“Ah, what’s this, Rin-san?” Ruby asked. For a talking ring with wings and a star, it was surprisingly good at expressing mirth. “Relying on little children at your age? I guess you really are a helpless old hag-”

For the second time in less than a minute, Ruby flew across the courtyard and left a dent in the wall.

“Back to topic,” Rin said, acting as though nothing had happened. “You remember that eighth card we discovered a while back? We’ve found similar anomalies around the town after that, and we were thinking of investigating them one by one. But to do that, the power of the Kaleid Sticks are required. So with that in mind…”

She trailed off, having seen no need to explain further. Even Illya, the slowest of the three, would have known what she was getting at by now.

“Understood,” Miyu replied. “But should it be a powerful Heroic Spirit, how will we engage it? The cards we have at our disposal are severely lacking in power.”

“There’s no need to worry about that,” Rin said, holding up three cards. “I have the remaining ones here. We’ve managed to talk Bazett into ‘loaning’ us these cards until we figure out what’s going on. It’s not an indefinite deadline, but for now it’s a blessing.”

“So, where’re we headed?” Kuro asked. “You know the location, don’t you?”

“Yes, indeed,” Rin replied, pointing to the ground beneath her feet. “And it’s right where you’re standing.”

“Eh?” all three girls asked at the same time.

“I don’t know why, but one of the anomalies is right where your school is,” Rin explained. “It’s not as big as the one caused by the eighth card, so I don’t know if it’s a Class Card at all, but it’s probably less dangerous if that’s the case. It’ll be a good place to start.”

“Well then, what’re we waiting for?!” Ruby chimed happily. “Let’s finish this flashily and quickly so we don’t have to bother with this boring sweep- I mean, so we can get some exercise for a change!”

“You just called it ‘boring’ didn’t you?!” Illya exclaimed. “You were saying something about sweeping being exercise, weren’t you?! Weren’t you?!”

“Well, don’t sweat the small details!” Ruby chirped, extending its handle and placing itself in Illya’s grip. “Let’s transform and go fight evil!”

“Wait a minu-”

Rin’s complaints fell on deaf ears (or whatever it was that magical sticks used to listen with), as Ruby started glowing. A huge magic circle appeared beneath them, and a blinding light surrounded Illya, leaving a bright pink costume as it faded. The magic circle started giving off a light of its own, enveloping everyone who stood on top of it.

Jump!” Ruby said, almost cheekily.

As light filled her vision and obscured everything else, Illya felt a strange sensation in her body. It was as though all the air around her had been replaced with a vacuum, and a huge hand was trying to crush her body with its iron grip; something was going horribly wrong, and she could neither escape nor change the situation at hand. All she could do was to let it unfold, and let the warmth from the light swallow her, engulfing her in its otherworldly glow…

The last thing she remembered, was Miyu’s helpless scream.

-

When she finally awoke, night had fallen. The sun was down, and a tranquil sheet of black inky night had been drawn over the sky. The stars glittered across the black canvas, and the moon cast a soothing glow upon the Earth. It would have been quite the sight to behold, if not for the fact that Illya had no idea where she was.

For one, she was definitely not in school; rather, she was sitting in some random street, accompanied by no one and nothing but streetlamps on the sidewalk. Ruby was gone, and she was back in her school uniform.

“Ruby…?” she asked weakly. “Miyu? Kuro? Rin-san? Where are you? If this is some sort of weird joke, it’s not funny…”

The empty street yielded her no replies, no answers. The silence did nothing more than to amplify the sounds of her heart pounding against her ribcage, and emphasize just how alone she was.

“Hmm? What do we have here?”

Cutting sharply into her thoughts was her own voice, which would not have meant much except that her mouth had not moved. She had not said a thing, and yet Illya was sure she had just heard her own voice in her ears.

Turning around, she came face-to-face with… herself. She’d have believed it to be some sort of hallucination, but reality was not that kind.

She was dressed in a purple coat with a matching hat, both made of warm, fuzzy material made for winter. A pair of expensive-looking boots completed the look, but that was not what attracted Illya’s attention. What attracted her attention was the girl’s porcelain-white skin and bright, crimson eyes. She was different from Kuro, who had tanned skin and different eye color.

She was the exact image of Illyasviel von Einzbern.

“Who are you?” the girl said in Illya’s voice. Even though it had sounded so similar, it was oddly callous and felt completely different from her usual tone. “It’s pretty daring to try and look like me. Trying to attack me mentally like that won’t work, you know.”

Her brain hardly even working at this point, Illya just stared at her counterpart, who was wearing a small smile which could only be described as ‘malicious’.

“Well, whoever you are,” her doppelganger said. “It doesn’t matter. If you know me, you must be participating in this War as well. Master or Servant, I’ll just eliminate you all the same.

“Kill her, Berserker.”

With that one line, Illyasviel von Einzbern – a normal, everyday schoolgirl – felt her world instantly fall apart.

-

Chapter 2 - Fighting Back

Chapter 3 - The Eighth

Chapter 4 - Will to Fight

Chapter 5 - Re-encounters

Chapter 6 - Familiar Faces

Chapter 7 - Accident

Chapter 8 - Reunion

Chapter 9 - Questions, and...

Chapter 10 - Writhing Shadows

Chapter 11 - Unlikely Foes, Unlikely Allies

Chapter 12 - Nameless Bows

Chapter 13 - Offer

Chapter 14 - Exchange

Chapter 15 - Explanations

Chapter 16 - If You Want to, Run Away

Chapter 16.5 - A Holy Grail Dialogue

Chapter 17 - Training

Chapter 18 - Parallels Pt. 1

Chapter 19 - Parallels Pt. 2

Chapter 20 - A Place to call Home

Chapter 21 - The World You Leave Behind

Chapter 22 - Raid on Ryuudou Temple

Chapter 23 - The Oldest of Kings Pt. 1

Chapter 24 - The Oldest of Kings Pt. 2

Chapter 25 - At the End of the Battle

Chapter 25.5 - Vanish Under the Moonlight

Chapter 26 - Someone Else Pt. 1

Chapter 27 - Someone Else Pt. 2

Chapter 28 - Betrayal and Change
    Last edited by Ausreford; January 4th, 2019 at 09:09 AM.
    "It's not that I don't have common sense; I just choose to ignore it sometimes."

-

Where to find me:
    Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1852114/Blue-Hurricane
    Deviantart: http://ausreford.deviantart.com/

“Back to topic,” Rin said
    "Back on topic"

Rin’s complaints fell on deaf ears
    Shouldn't that be Illya's complaint's?

Other than that it looks good so far.

Blog Entries
    not a bad start. Ill be interested to see where this goes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ditto. This looks, promising.

Enjoyed the start, looking forward to more.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    SUBURASHI
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Noooo a cliffhanger! I'm interested in seeing where this goes.
    Go check out some awesome fan fiction!
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/forumdisplay.php/5-Fanfics
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../FateStayNight
    Because the remaining ten percent is worth dieing for.

Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier, Magi locked in a deadly battle royal. Sounds familiar right? Familiar and AWESOME.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...eo-Walkthrough

Tell me, Emiya Shirou, do you ever regret becoming a Superhero? Shrimperor's Avatar
    Oh, this is going to be fun for Illya

Which one?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Clearly the answer is yes.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Nice hook

This should the part where IRUn kills us wih the wait, right?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    This should the part where IRUn kills us wih the wait, right?
    Though my reputation apparently precedes me, I'm not the one writing this. That honor goes to Ausreford. :V
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

... that was a massive DERP :P

Blog Entries
    Nono, clearly what this means is irun needs to start a new prisma Ilya fic himself
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

On the upside, we can at least hope for a follow-up in a relatively timelier manner.

Right? RIGHT?

US Friend Code
    Hey guys! Thanks for reading the story! And thanks to Saint Nick for pointing out the errors; I didn't know about the first one, and as for the second, it was Rin who made the comment not Illya; Illya just sort of, y'know, blanked out.

And I'm actually an automated story-writing programme on IRUn's computer; so yeah...

Anyways, on with the chapter!

-

Chapter 02 - Fighting Back

She recognized that form. She recognized that appearance. It was something she had seen only once in her life, and was something she never wanted to see again.

Now that she was facing it once more, she could not help but be brutally reminded of that battle. Of that raw, overwhelming sense of fear.

The very air shook in the wake of Berserker's charge, and the ground beneath it shattered with every step. Emanating sheer power and bloodlust, the Servant of madness howled with rage as it lifted its weapon. If that gigantic mass of violence and death could even be called that.

Staring blankly at the towering mass of horror, Illya just froze. She had forgotten just how terrifying the Class Cards could be, and for a brief moment was rendered helpless. But fortunately for her, it had just been a brief moment.

Rolling out of the way, Illya felt a sharp pain explode across her back. It was miraculous enough that she was able to even evade the blow, but as expected, she was not unscathed. Pieces of fabric flew into the air as the back of her uniform was ripped off, and she could feel the blood trickling steadily onto her skirt.

It's just a light wound, she told herself in her head. Calm down, Illyasviel. You've beaten him before, so you have nothing to-

Her thoughts interrupted by another violent swing, Illya ducked under the incoming axe sword as it cleaved past the space where her head had been. Feeling strands of her hair being ripped off by the force, Illya broke into a run, intent on putting some distance between them.

Watching her faithful Servant try to pound her impostor into a pile of meat and blood, Illyasviel smiled. The faker, whoever she was, was fast on her feet at least; to be able to evade Berserker's attacks like that was impressive for someone who was not a Servant.

"She's kinda interesting for a rat," she chuckled. "Berserker, play around with her a little; I want to see her suffer more."

It might have sounded illogical, since the girl in question looked exactly like she did, but Illyasviel certainly did not think that way; the girl, some minor physical similarities aside, had expressions Illyasviel herself would never wear on her face - shock, fear, and most of all, weakness.

Illyasviel was, despite her appearance, a woman with a mission, and a magus entrusted with the lifelong dream of the Einzberns. Fear was not in her vocabulary, and weakness was not a part of her existence. A cheap copy of her with those stupid expressions on her face was not her, and she would find it ridiculous how anyone could even think they looked alike.

"Well now," she said, walking towards her Servant in small, dainty steps. "Let's hear what the little mouse has to say."

Illya, trapped in Berserker's massive hand, struggled to free herself but to no avail. The towering giant's grip was firm, and more than capable of crushing her at any time.

"W-why..." she gasped, barely capable of speech through the force squeezing the life out of her. "A-are you... doing this...?"

"Why? Because I'm a Master," Illyasviel replied innocently, as though she genuinely did not understand the question. "It's only logical to kill the other Masters and Servants in order to win, right?"

"I... Ugh! I don't know... what you're talking about," Illya whimpered, her eyes tearing up from the pain. "P-please... Let me go..."

"Hmm..." Illyasviel hummed sweetly, a mischievous smile tugging at her lips. "Sure. Berserker, let her go."

Obeying her orders without question, Berserker released Illya, letting her fall to the ground like a discarded doll. Shakily getting to her feet, Illya took one last look at her doppelganger, and ran off.

There were several questions she wanted to ask, but even she knew better than to ask them now. With that hulking murder machine next to her, there was no way to have any sort of decent conversation.

"Three... Two... One," Illyasviel counted, watching the helpless mouse run away. "Times up~ Get her, Berserker."

Unleashing a herculean roar, the Mad Servant kicked off the ground, leaping towards its prey like a cannonball. Turning around just in time to see its axe sword gleaming in the moonlight, Illya knew that she could not dodge it in time-

I'm going to die.

For the first time since the battle with Bazett, Illya felt the pressure of battle overwhelm her. For the first time since the battle with Assassin, she could feel the raw fear permeate her being, seeping into the deepest reaches of her soul. For the first time in what felt like forever, she knew she was going to die.

I can't escape. I can't fight back.

The axe sword cut through the air between them, aimed at the dead center of her face.

I don't want it to end this way.

The jagged edges of the monstrous mass closed in, thirsting for her flesh, blood and bones. There was no escape.

I don't want to die.

"Install."

A momentary burst of light blinded Berserker, but it did not stop the Servant's attack. Crashing down with enough force to level a house, the weapon buried itself into the asphalt, sending up a large cloud of dust and debris.

Illyasviel raised an eyebrow dubiously. She was confident in Berserker's ability, but she was not naive enough to overlook that flash of light. Even though Berserker calmed down after the blow - a sign that it no longer had a target to destroy - she was not entirely sure it was over yet.

"Berser-"

Before she could even finish calling her Servant, several beams of light bombarded her Servant from above. Turning sharply in the direction they had been fired from, Illyasviel's eyes widened in surprise.

Donning a bluish-purple robe and sporting a large black cape, Illya floated in the air above them using her outstretched cape as wings. Brandishing a long staff in her hands, she simply gave it a wave and several magic circles appeared out of thin air around her. Along with the two on her 'wings', the circles unleashed a Rain of Light without warning upon Berserker.

Exploding with the force of a missile, every individual beam struck the ground and incinerated it in an instant. Weaving and dodging the beams with much difficulty due to his bulk, Berserker was eventually caught by a stray blast and slammed into the ground.

Opening her mouth to start a series of incantations, Illya stopped abruptly and put a hand to her forehead. A terrible migraine assaulted her head, breaking her concentration as Berserker got to his feet.

Her consciousness faded in and out, occasionally registering the scene in front of her before everything blacked out for a few seconds. She could not keep track of what was happening, but there was a rather familiar sensation flowing through her body.

She vaguely wondered if she was flying. But she could not have been flying, since Ruby was not with her. Was she using magic? But that should not be possible without Ruby. Somehow, despite all these questions and this strange, alien feeling, she somehow believed that she had done this before.

"Defeat it..." she muttered, and her consciousness faded into darkness.

But even when she was not aware of it, her body acted in accordance to her wish.

"Μαρδοξ," she commanded, and a glass-like barrier appeared, shielding her from Berserker's weapon as it flew towards her like a rocket. While it managed to repel the blow, the barrier itself shattered, throwing off her balance.

With the help of his monstrous strength, Berserker leapt off the ground, jumping several meters with ease and grabbing Illya by the leg. Falling back down to Earth, the Servant readied his arm to swing her tiny body into the ground, splattering her innards everywhere-

But before he even landed, Illya was gone.

Teleporting a fair distance away from Berserker, Illya raised her staff. The blank, unfeeling look in her eyes was accompanied by her following command, said in a voice equally as callous:

"Ατλας."

A silver mist surrounded Berserker, and in the blink of an eye his body was frozen in place. While it looked like simple frost on his skin, Berserker was still held in place by it, unable to escape.

Taking advantage of his immobility, Illya prepared her next attack. Chanting in an unknown language and holding her staff in front of her, she created five large magic circles around her, each pulsating with a level of mana far beyond that of her previous attacks. Just as Berserker started to break through the ice with sheer brute strength, she unleashed her attack.

"Gomon Kaihou."

Five huge pillars of light erupted from the 'gates', merging into one gargantuan beam of destruction that swallowed Berserker. Reducing the entire area it touched into a smoldering crater, the spell from the Age of the Gods left nothing behind, not even ashes-

"Enough playing around, Berserker," Illyasviel ordered sternly, hastily getting to her feet; that attack earlier was dangerous, and the shockwave had been enough to knock her on her rear despite being a fair distance away. "Kill her quickly."

Berserker, a smoking charred corpse, naturally could not reply. The devastating attack could not be survived, and surely this black giant was no different.

But unfortunately for Illya, he was.

Reanimating right before Illyasviel's eyes, Berserker growled in acknowledgement of her command. Rising to his feet, he turned to look at his foe, who was no longer flying but rather, falling to the ground.

Completely out cold and with her transformation rescinded, Illya fell, plummeting towards the concrete ground below.

-

Emiya Shirou hastened his footsteps, practically sprinting towards the direction of the noise. Fuji-nee would have called him a busybody, and Sakura definitely would not have approved, but he could not just walk away.

The streets of Fuyuki were not safe lately, what with the mysterious murders going on here and there. While Shirou was not stupid enough to go around looking for the killer at night (because Fuji-nee would kill him for not doing his homework), he could not just ignore an explosion when he knew where it was coming from. Who knows how many people might have been injured in that blast? He could not just leave them alone, not when he was actually able to do something about it.

I'm sure Fuji-nee will understand, he thought. Helping others is a good thing after all.

The moment he thought that, he saw it. Or rather, he saw her.

Falling from the sky like a single, delicate snowflake, was a girl with silver hair.

-

"Look out!"

Illya tried to open her eyes upon hearing that strangely familiar voice, but her body refused to comply. Wind was billowing around her, howling in her ears until something soft and warm caught her. Whatever it was, it held on to her tightly, and she found herself wishing he would not let go.

... He?

"Hey, are you alright?" a panicked voice asked. "Are you- you're bleeding! We need to get you to the hospital-"

"O-Onii... chan..."

The last thing she remembered before passing out, was the disembodied shouts of a familiar-sounding voice.

-

"H-hey, are you alright?" Shirou asked, gently shaking the girl in his arms. He put a trembling finger to her nose, and heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness... She's breathing."

Unfortunately for Shirou, that relief was short-lived; almost immediately after he relaxed, a giant mass of muscle and bloodlust tore into the street. It was a monstrosity both in size and presence, and simply looking at it was enough to induce so much fear in Shirou he could not move.

The black giant, without even caring about Shirou's existence, lifted the terrifying weapon in its hand to smash both him and the girl into paste-

"Stop, Berserker."

Just like that, the rage-filled monster before Shirou stopped, withdrawing its weapon and standing still like a statue. Its imposing presence was nonetheless still powerful, but its bloodlust seemed to have vanished instantly.

Walking into the spotlight cast by a nearby streetlamp, Illyasviel smiled at the boy who had been scared stiff by her Servant. Paying no heed to the fake in his arms, she curtsied.

"Good evening, onii-chan," she greeted. "This wasn't how I expected our first encounter to go, but I guess it can't be helped, right? Could you please hand that over to me?"

"Wha..." Shirou stammered, struggling to find his voice. "W-who are you? And what do you want with this girl?"

"Of course I want to kill her, silly," Illyasviel replied sweetly. "But I don't want you to die just yet, so if you could just give me-"

"There's no way I'd do that!" Shirou exclaimed. "How could I possibly let you kill someone like that?! This girl... you... Aren't you twins?! Why would you try to-"

"Twins?"

That one word cut sharply into Shirou's thoughts, freezing the air around her as Illyasviel's expression and tone changed.

"Me, twins with that defect?" she asked coldly. "Don't make me laugh. If you really have no intention of handing her over, then you can die here right now with her. Ber-"

She paused. Distant voices could be heard, and footsteps were starting to close in. Berserker's fight with Illya had caused much more noise than expected, and now it was drawing in a crowd. The resulting commotion would be troublesome, and Illyasviel was not one for doing troublesome things.

"We're leaving, Berserker," she ordered, and her Servant lifted her onto his shoulder obediently. "I'll let you off the hook tonight, onii-chan, but if you want to survive, you better rely on something other than her. Like a Servant, perhaps."

"S-Servant?" Shirou asked.

"Yes, a Servant," Illyasviel grinned, looking as if she was talking to a stupid child. "If you don't summon one soon, you really will die, onii-chan."

With that, Berserker leapt into the air, disappearing under the cover of night. Shirou, staring at the spot where the black giant had been moments before, holding an injured little girl in his arms, was speechless.

What have I gotten myself into? he thought.

-

Uh... Where to begin... First off, 'Gomon Kaihou' probably isn't the proper name of the attack, but that was the term in the Prisma Illya Manga, so I used that. And second, I don't know how highly the Caster Install's attack would be ranked under Servant parameters, but Illya's a badass so I made it a little more powerful. The real Caster might not even be capable of taking a single one of Berserker's lives, honestly, but hey, Illya's powers are from a separate universe.

Let me know what you think of the story thus far, and I hope you stay with me for the ride! See you next chapter, where everyone's favorite Goldy returns!

Last edited by Ausreford; June 15th, 2015 at 03:33 AM.
    "It's not that I don't have common sense; I just choose to ignore it sometimes."

-

Where to find me:
    Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1852114/Blue-Hurricane
    Deviantart: http://ausreford.deviantart.com/

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    If you can make an A rank attack then killing Berserker is possible since he's less likely to block or evade like a sane person would, the only problem is how to keep killing him until his lives run out.

Yeah, Canon Caster is also able to kill Berserker at least once, after all even Rin managed to do it and Caster is superior to her as a Magus in every way. The problem is that it is impossible for Caster to kill him 12 times.

Blog Entries
    technically all we know is that caster "would be able to deal damage, but it would be limited to 2 or 3 times" according to nasu. while I think its reasonable to assume that means caster could kill berserker at least once, its not precisely "canon."