Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: The confessional box

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    yeah... some reason....

big
    could you not have chosen a picture where she had something resembling human anatomy

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    I used to not like Shinji.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    could you not have chosen a picture where she had something resembling human anatomy
    No, because its Rider.

Also it would've ruined the joke had i chosen a pic that didnt focus 100% on her ridiculous "qualities" and lack of a spine.
    Last edited by Break; June 14th, 2015 at 11:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    That's Shinji's charm, you hate him at first and then suddenly you realize you like him.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, yeah, I also used to really like coke's KnK translation

I dunno if I still like it, though, seeing as how I haven't looked at them in a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Oh and I used to not like Tohno Shiki as well.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    That's Shinji's charm, you hate him at first and then suddenly you realize you like him.
    That point precisely beeing his first scene in HA.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh, yeah, I also used to really like coke's KnK translation

I dunno if I still like it, though, seeing as how I haven't looked at them in a while
    It's nicely readable urban fantasy with lots of pretentious babble to break up the plot so I see no reason why you would have to be super ashamed of liking that translation.

shame about that adherence to the text of the original tho
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I used to think that Shirou and Co. were like 15 while still knowing it was a H-Game of sorts. Error on my part and which 'Year 2' they were in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Blog Entries
    Imo you guys should focus less about characters you liked before and now don't like if you can't at least write a sentence or two regarding that.

Opinions change, that's natural, but it's not interesting when you don't tell us what made you change your opinion or assumptions.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    To put things in perspective, I used to argue with Baiken a lot (well, "a lot" from my POV; he was much more active than me) back when we didn't really know what we were talking about. He had a very aggressive style and often sought to "win" via attrition (remember Mike's text walls? something simliar to that), while I kept whiteknighting for noobs because I felt he was driving them away. Back then I was more interested in non-Fate TM stuff than him so I kept trying to blindside him with pieces of Tsuki lore. The average GD thread was much closer to DataGambl's posts than what we have now. It was fun. Ah, poor arai.

Unfortunately I don't have archives from back then. I have a few threads archived from 2005-2006 but it's all translations, arai/evo stuff, etc. rather than actual discussion.
    Yes it was.

Actually, if you want the archives of Badass Versus and Questions you could probably ask Tangerang. He won't give them to me but he gave them to Seika (because she could actually be a service to the community with them) and Hidari (because he was begging him for it for months). I don't think he would recognize you without an Avenger avatar though :P
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

I used to think that Tsukihime 2 was a thing that's totally going to happen eventually guys you just gotta keep believing. And also that coke's stuff has any merit as an actual translation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    I used to think that Tsukihime 2 was a thing that's totally going to happen eventually guys you just gotta keep believing.
    i still believe

hes just baiting you with that joke talk, there's too much side material entries regarding it and too many things in new stuff referencing it

without plans for 2 a remake is useless

r-right

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's nicely readable urban fantasy with lots of pretentious babble to break up the plot so I see no reason why you would have to be super ashamed of liking that translation.

shame about that adherence to the text of the original tho
    "All translations of texts, not only the inaccurate or slovenly ones, are slanders of the originals, at least to some degree. The very worst translators are not necessarily those who are most awkward or inept—the intelligent reader can often make an intuitive vault over mere stylistic deficiencies—but those who let their own sensibilities intrude too ostentatiously between the reader and the original text, thus subordinating the idiom of the original authors to their own.

But even the scrupulous, competent, and self-effacing translator is engaged in a kind of well-intentioned treachery. This is true even in those rare fortunate cases when great works find translators whose gifts are comparable (or superior) to those of the original authors: Thomas Urquhart’s Rabelais, for example, or John Florio’s Montaigne, or Tobias Smollett’s Cervantes; or even in those still rarer cases when an author is improved by conversion into another tongue. (The reason the French labor under the bizarre misapprehension that Edgar Allan Poe was a great poet, for instance, is that so much of his verse was translated by Baudelaire.)

What even a translator of genius can never give us, however, is the original author’s true likeness. Even the best translation is a darkened mirror, in which one glimpses only a partial figure moving among shadows. At times the mirror becomes very obscure indeed, at others delightfully bright; but at no time can any translator permit us to meet the artist face to face."
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    because he was begging him for it for months
    I'm going to help Pai find you and beat you to death.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leo View Post
    "All translations of texts, not only the inaccurate or slovenly ones, are slanders of the originals, at least to some degree. The very worst translators are not necessarily those who are most awkward or inept—the intelligent reader can often make an intuitive vault over mere stylistic deficiencies—but those who let their own sensibilities intrude too ostentatiously between the reader and the original text, thus subordinating the idiom of the original authors to their own.

But even the scrupulous, competent, and self-effacing translator is engaged in a kind of well-intentioned treachery. This is true even in those rare fortunate cases when great works find translators whose gifts are comparable (or superior) to those of the original authors: Thomas Urquhart’s Rabelais, for example, or John Florio’s Montaigne, or Tobias Smollett’s Cervantes; or even in those still rarer cases when an author is improved by conversion into another tongue. (The reason the French labor under the bizarre misapprehension that Edgar Allan Poe was a great poet, for instance, is that so much of his verse was translated by Baudelaire.)

What even a translator of genius can never give us, however, is the original author’s true likeness. Even the best translation is a darkened mirror, in which one glimpses only a partial figure moving among shadows. At times the mirror becomes very obscure indeed, at others delightfully bright; but at no time can any translator permit us to meet the artist face to face."
    what is your point

translation can never be an accurate replication of the original so changing random things to fit them to the lore of the tabletop game you really like is ok?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    gotta help him find tang first
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leo View Post

"Ergo, keep the honorifics kawaii-desu."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    what is your point

translation can never be an accurate replication of the original so changing random things to fit them to the lore of the tabletop game you really like is ok?
    censure of intentional change under the pretense that unintentional change does not exist and is harmless is a false premise
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    but those who let their own sensibilities intrude too ostentatiously between the reader and the original text, thus subordinating the idiom of the original authors to their own.
    @takajun why is 好き only "love" when shirou's saying it to sakura and "like" to anyone else