View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 138 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3888128133136137138139140143148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'd be very interested in seeing your conversion when it's done. Are you planning to run it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    I'd be very interested in seeing your conversion when it's done. Are you planning to run it?
    I don't guarantee anything, but if I get myself through this next bit of polishing up, I'll try to overcome my nerves and do that, yeah. I'll put up a synopsis and recruitment post in this thread then - part of the process I have already finished - so just keep an eye out.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Even if I don't play, I would be very excited to see what you have in store.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Did I just hear a potential game?

Blog Entries
    Things have changed so much. It's totally bizarre to be in a D&D rules fight and have the rules manager himself send out that you're right.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Legendary tweet.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad we don't have to hunt through inevitably incomplete errata for all this these days, though.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Jesus christ. Why was this guy arguing with Crawford in the first place? He's telling the guy who wrote the rules that he's wrong?

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    I think his intent is more to argue that the rules are badly phrased (and perhaps need errata) than to try to tell Crawford he's wrong, per se. (And, tbf, there's some unintuitive bits about the formatting in particular on that page).

Update: Eh, current events suggest it's also possible that he's just bloody-minded. Or really wants this to work in his game, which is all about the totally precise RAW, idk.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    Ah, Aurora's Catalogue.

"Armoured" corset: -1 react. adj.; -3 hit prob. and +3 to attacker’s hit prob.; those over 140 lb need Con roll to resist fainting when applied; those over 170 lb need ½ Con roll; over 200 lb cannot wear; +1 to Cha when dealing with those below 9 Int and -1 to Cha when dealing with those above 13 Int.

I love the mockery here (in spite of the fact that '80s and '90s FR art almost invariably depicted all women with plunging cleavage so this is violently hypocritical). +3 THAC0, +3 AC, get caught off guard more, and the way it plays with that appalling comic book excuse of "but it's distracting" - the reactions range from stupid people (TITS), normal people (TITS but what an idiot you must be), and intelligent people (no, seriously, you must be a real idiot).

(Actually re-reading for a mention in an adventure that Torilian "Death Cheese" is a delicacy on other planes).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    We all love cheese.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    We all love cheese.
    RIP Queen Medb never forget
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    had waaay too much fun playing SW (d20 revised) yesterday

don't quote me on this

Blog Entries

you asked for this five

A giant explanation of the absolute pit of GLORIOUS CHAOS Amn was set up to fall into at the end of 2e, before everything apparently fizzled out like a damp squib when the lore fell off a cliff. (More things I can blame 3e for, excellent).

This is, as far as possible, without any of my own interpolations: absolutely raw 2e canon. It’s primarily drawn from Lands of Intrigue, and Cloak and Dagger, with minor reference to the 1e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Empires of the Sands, and Duty and Deity.

This massive Lands of Intrigue map will probably prove useful. (As you zoom in, you might have to pause for a second or two to let it load and sharpen up).

This began as a combination of explaining some very unimportant background ‘fic details, me gathering together everything about the Reconstitution for myself, and kind of an object lesson in just how crazily involved and complex the Realms sometimes was. (In the case of posting it in this thread, that last one is particularly the point. Like about half my other posts in here). As a result, not everything will necessarily be crystal clear. I both beg indulgence and encourage people to ask me questions.

Old Amn

What is even now beginning to be referred to as Old Amn took on its present shape in 1333DR. The Amnian royal dynasties had gradually lost control of their country to inter-city and inter-family trade wars, beginning from about a century beforehand, in the 1238DR Ulvax-Ophala Zakharan Spice War. Over decades, order kept unravelling until the last crowned and broadly acknowledged king was assassinated in 1276, and the last known heir was poisoned in exile by his vizier in 1306. Amn became little more than a collection of feuding city states until the worst war yet erupted, known as the Great Amnian Trade War. Amidst the chaos, one Thayze Selemchant organised (using charm, vast wealth, mercenaries, and secret magic) an anonymous Council of Six chosen from amongst the leading families, to restore Amn as a proper realm where prosperity could be had for all. Within the year, much of Amn had bowed to the Council: the last pockets of resistance were quelled within five.

The Council ruled Amn for twenty-seven years in reasonable order. Gold and trade once again flowed, Maztica was discovered, and even the Council Schism in which three of the Council killed each other became known to no-one save the Grandmaster of the Shadow Thieves (who had in fact organised it to obtain a seat for himself).

Yet in 1370, the settlements of Riatavin and Trailstone rebelled, petitioning to join the newly restored Kingdom of Tethyr to the south. As the Council tried to deal with this, the Sythillisian monster horde set out on a path of destruction and conquest.

But, as 1371 begins, Amn has so much further to fall …

The Factions of the Reconstitution

Known Players

The Monarchists

Far from the first movers of the Reconstitution, nevertheless the ones whose action will mark its formal beginning. Grandmaster Rhinnom Dannihyr, Iltarch of the Council, persuaded first the Pommarch Tyrda Q'Helvor, and then the Dahuanarch Pehllus Tanislove to prepare for a restoration of the Amnian monarchy. These three most junior members of the Council of Six prepared to muster their resources: Dannihyr as the leader of the Shadow Thieves, Tyrda as a senior member of the underground Cowled Wizard cabal oppressed by the Council’s decrees and the general Amnian hatred for magic, and Pehllus as a member of the secretive trading and espionage network known as the Knights of the Shield, as well as being a legitimate descendant of Amn’s first royal dynasty, the Torlaths.

The monarchists are knowingly preparing for a reduced Amnian kingdom, in part because the Knights believe they can secure representatives on the throne of each, in part because they prefer a less centralised Amn, and in part because of necessary concessions to gain support for their new realm. Many noble families could be convinced or bought off with mere riches, but House Krimmevol has been promised dominion over an autonomous dukedom taking the ancient name of Cortryn, and including the current rebel cities of Riatavin and Trailstone. In a similar manner, the Knights have made deals with the halflings of eastern Amn to give them autonomy as a margravate, under the old title of Meiritin.

For themselves, the monarchists intend to primarily take control of modern Amn to the west of Lake Esmel, move the capital back to the royal seat of Esmeltaran, and destroy the Sythillisian Empire. Of the Cyricists, the monarchists will be supported by those of the Mountain of Skulls.

The monarchists’ coup date is set for Ches in 1371 (roughly March if you insist on an Earthling calendar)

The Sythillisians

The two partnered oni, or ogre magi, known as Sythillis and Cyrvisnea have conducted a startlingly and frighteningly successful campaign which has seen the Amnian defensive line of Hillforts over-run, armies beaten back, marches stolen, and several cities sacked, including Amnian jewels such as Esmeltaran, Trademeet, and most recently the great port city of Murann. They have been very well rewarded for both patience, having spent fifteen years in the gathering and training of their forces as well as the planning of their invasion, and for opportunism, striking exactly when Amn was preoccupied and weak. They control a significant horde (numbering perhaps seventy thousand) of goblins, hobgoblins, kobolds, ogres, and giants, and can count on the aid of the Cyricists of the Twin Towers, whose priests, warriors, and turncoats have proved themselves.

Cyrvisnea, perceptively, has also been negotiating with the pirates of the Nelanther. Enlisting Black Alaric has already paid dividends: in exchange for half of the ships captured at Murann, he blockaded the city from the water while the Sythillisians laid siege, and has since given his oath not to attack the Empire for five years. With Murann, from which the minimal Amnian navy was based, gone, there is little to be feared from the Trackless Sea … for now.

(Black Alaric, fyi, is very literally the Dread Pirate Roberts, including the same get-up. Except he actually rules a lot of very nasty pirates and the title has been passed down - occasionally disappearing for a time - for a full fourteen hundred years).

Cyricists

Two independently powerful orders of Cyricists currently prevail in Amn.

The more orthodox sect is under the command of Tynnos Argrim. Initially based in the former Banite citadel of the Mountain of Skulls, in the northern Cloud Peak mountains, he slew by treachery the master of the Dark Redoubt in the south-eastern Tejarn Hills, and now has controls both sites.

He intends to support the monarchists firstly by sallying troops from the Dark Redoubt to defeat the remaining monsters and Sythillisian allies of the Tejarn Hills, ensuring the safety of the prospective Meitirin margravate, and using that state as a buffer between his expanding power-base as the new Kingdom. He also intends to send the assassin cult known as the Flames of the Dark Sun he has trained (now under the command of his brother) after the commanders of the Eclipse-supported Sythillisian Empire.

By killing them and so weakening the Empire just enough that the Amnish army can overcome it with much toil and bloodshed, he hopes to be in a position both of demonstrated power and of credit with regards to the new Amnish kingdom. He intends to extract as a concession the city of Murann itself, given as an autonomous theocratic city-state, and the position of Crown Prelate, establishing Cyric’s church as predominant in the new Amn. Argrim will thus have power within and without.

The second sect is based in the southerly Small Teeth mountains, in the Twin Towers of the Eternal Eclipse (yet another reclaimed Banite site). They have been lending troops and aid to the Sythillisian Empire, and in particular seem to have been responsible for their quick siege of Murann, collapsing the walls from within.

Calimshan

The mafia-like Rundeen, disquieted at the way the High Pasha Persakhal is trying to loosen their grip on Calimshan’s trade, look to be ready to play both sides - while they are making overtures to their sometime allies in the Knights of the Shield, they also sense an unconventional opportunity in the Sythillisian Empire. They are mooting a blockade on Amnian coastal cities targeted by the Empire to prevent their rich treasure ships escaping, in exchange for a cut on the loot.

Tethyr

While hardly recovered from the Interregnum, the Rhindaun dynasty having been inaugurated less than two years ago, Tethyr was forcibly involved by the defection of the neglected Amnian settlements of Riatavin and Trailstone. At first willing to discuss the issue with the Council and the local representatives, the Amnian government’s arrogant and high-handed treatment of both the cities and Tethyr’s ambassador has led to Queen Zaranda’s preliminary recognition of the secession. Combining this with the claiming of all the land south of those cities, given the need to access their new acquisitions and the historical disputes between Amn and Tethyr over the border’s location, infuriated the Council. However, the Amnian army’s march to reclaim their land was forestalled by the Sythillisian invasion.

For its part, Tethyr has its own distractions. A Banite/Xvimite force called the Knights of the Black Gauntlet has attacked in the far south of the realm, conquering Kzelter and investing Ilthmong Pass.

For now, Tethyr deploys its troops in three different directions: south to confront the Banites, and both west of the Forest of Tethir (to guard the north-western border against a Sythillisian advance into Tethyr itself) and east (to garrisson Riatavin and Trailstone and potentially make an offensive strike against the monstrous Sythillisians - but only if expressly and courteously invited). All three armies, for now, are under commands simply to watch and wait.

Independents (Riatavin and Trailstone)
    This former south-eastern corner of Amn, although now beginning to show the benefits of trade it had been denied under the Maztica-obsessed Council, and directing those same benefits back south along the Triford Trail to Saradush, is not yet formally the most north-eastern part of Tethyr. Riatavin, a great merchant city known as the Gateway to the East, is now ruled by a council of noble merchants, a situation wholly familiar to Amnians, save for their public identities. (Trailstone, a small and poor town that made a sudden leap into prominence by adding its name to Riatavin’s defection, remains under its local mayor. Its population in its entirety is now outnumbered by its protective Tethyran garrison).

In fact, local politics have quickly become extremely complex. Lord Ruldegost, one of the Knights of the Shield tied up in the monarchist plot, has been visiting Riatavin, and has fallen in love with a Lady of the Krimmevol family (strongly connected with the monarchists themselves). Yet he is now being petitioned to change plans, and allow the putative duchy of Cortryn to become a Krimmevol holding under Tethyr instead of an autonomous region. The long-time allies and co-founders of the city (with the Krimmevols), the Copriths, went into the monarchist fold alongside the Krimmevol family under the Knights’ first deal, and they object strongly to the change of plans. The Copriths notably have a representative of their own on Riatavin’s Council of Merchants. Even some of the lesser lights of the Krimmevols don’t think they’ll benefit by this move and stand opposed.

Worse, of course, the Krimmevols of Amn are related, albeit distantly, to the Krimmevols lately of Tethyr, who went on an insane murder spree known as the Night of Cold Claws just as the Rhindauns were finally putting the Interregnum to bed, and who were promptly either killed on the spot or hung, drawn, and quartered after their arrest. Queen Zaranda, though just, has little like for the name.

In other relations, the Thousandheads trading coster currently providing protection to Riatavin is a partnered venture between the Councilman Bhaavn Bhaerkantos, and a Waterdhavian Lady by the name of Kara Rudegost, though she has not yet seen fit to interfere with his operations.

Pouring fuel on the fire, the Herald of Riatavin known as Thorn Tree vanished just before the Bloodsong ceremony at which he would have performed duties including the recitation of local nobility’s genealogies, so reinforcing their legitimacy and authority. Awkwardly, Thorn Tree was rumoured to being on the precipice of expulsion from the Heralds for corruption, and has now been linked to every single interested faction for one reason or another. (His disappearance is in fact almost entirely coincidental - being half-elven, he was murdered as an abomination by elven zealots, and his body hidden so well that it’s not going to turn up for decades).

Independents (the Amnian army)

Frustrated by the Council’s short-sightedness and frank lack of military capability, many nobles, lesser officers, and enlisted men in the Amnian army have begun conducting the Sythillisian campaign on their own, disregarding and disobeying their superiors’ orders. The northern Citadels and south-eastern Hillforts representing Amn’s fixed defences (and, before it fell, the defenders of Murann) are now operating together but much on their own initiative. Prominent commanders included Lord Logan Coprith, late of Trademeet, who defended Murann, and the well-liked Major Olehm of Hillfort Torbold who currently seems to have principal command of the army. (Ironically, he was the victim of unfounded accusations of building a private army when he only had command of the Hillfort, which meant the Council denied him the troops he wanted to push back the Skullgnasher giant clan - who now make up a great part of the Sythillisians’ giant forces).

It’s notable that while the Council itself, as the ruling body, theoretically commands the army, the actual duty of commander-in-chief falls to the Dahaunarch - Pehllus Tanislove, the prospective king. Where the ‘loyalists’ who are still obeying orders might go when the monarchists declare is anyone’s guess. In any case, the Amnian standing army in itself, while it bears the official stamp which many might look to as a source of legitimacy and authority, is relatively small and of varied quality. On campaign, it is much swollen by mercenaries from both the Council and the great noble houses who see profit in the venture (or, at least, worse losses in its failure). When the Reconstitution erupts, these are sure to all go their different ways according to their employers.

Putative players

The Council

At best, a massively reduced force. Only its first and third-ranked members remain to it, with the Tessarch missing after Murann’s fall, and all three junior members firmly committed to the monarchist faction. Perhaps worse is that the Namarch, Qar Jysstev, is the head of an impoverished house that has suffered in trade wars, though the Meisarch’s own house Alibakkar is still counted among the very richest. It remains to be seen who else will remain loyal to the idea of the Council.

Excepting them, of the greatest Houses, in roughly descending order: the united Tanislove and Gheldieg are spoken for in the person of Pehllus; Argrim is at the least related to and at worst under the sway of the monarchist-supporting Cyricist sect of the Mountain of Skulls; the Lurraxols’ concerns have been alleviated by the intervention of a senior Waukeenar cleric who happens to be a Knight of the Shield; the Ophals have caught wind of the plot and are only keeping silent in return for great bribes - they seem to be the most likely to break against the monarchists, if the Knights’ mole amongst their informers cannot sway them; the Bormuls, Vymmars, and Bladesmiles are yet unspoken for; Zoar is in the monarchist pocket; Krimmevol, Coprith, and Crytrapper have similarly been brought into the monarchist fold by the promise of power in the Cortryn duchy.

The Church of Waukeen

Newly reinvigorated by the return of their goddess, the religion which has hitherto been the most powerful in Amn now finds itself in an unusual position. Goldspires is both an incredibly rich investor, and one much invested in, and therefore much entangled throughout Amn and its nobility. Moreover, it has many ties of blood to significant players in the Reconstitution.

Its leader, the Holy Coin Tharundar Olehm, is the namesake and grandfather of Major Olehm, de facto leader of the Amnian army. (They seem to be at least partly reconciled, after a rift that occurred when the Major ran away from the priesthood to become a very successful and wealthy adventurer before settling into the army life. Family connections were part of what got the Major his Hillfort assignment).

The most senior of the oddly-named Furies who serve under the Holy Coin is Barasta Cleeith, a Knight of the Shield and daughter of Lady Lurraxol, who is therefore a powerful supporter of the monarchist cause. Next, however, is Daerea Ethgil, twin to Lady Zharnn Ophal, and therefore liable to be a sceptic. Last of the five Furies is Sariila Tebrentan, a hugely ambitious cousin to the Argrims.

For Riatavin’s part, the local Waukeenar are fully behind the movement toward Tethyran accession, including the powerful local Overgold.

Meiritin
    As ever, little is simple in Amnian politics. The halflings who live in the Tejarn Hills and to the east of Lake Esmel were first implanted there some eleven hundred years ago under the Shoon Imperium; they were moved from their native vineyards amongst (what is now) the Tethyran Purple Hills. Strong ties still link them with their kin in Tethyr; while the Purple Hills for the most part managed and defended themselves peaceably during the Interregnum, there was still a spurt of emigration to the stable Amnian territory. Now, however, the Amnian halflings have much the same grievances as their neighbours in just a little to the south (Trailstone’s population is more than a fifth halfling, for that matter). So far from the capital and the coasts, they are given no thought or respect by the Council and its obsession with the Waterdeep-Calimport trade axis or the Maztican gold.

For now, the overtures made by Pehllus Tanislove have been well-received, but both newly-inducted halfling Knights of the Shield (and potential candidates for the margravate) have particular issues. Buck Flagonsrich is no Tejarn halfling, but a guildmaster in Purskel, no great distance from greedy Athkatla. He is also a snob with a black and furious temper. Lord Krimmon Amethystall, on the other hand, is an ambitious noble of Tethyr, the Count of Vintor, the Fleet Chancellor (and broadly effective at his job for all that he loathes deep water and cannot swim), and seeking a position to represent halflings on the Queen’s Privy Council, dissatisfied with the fact that halflings are given one representative to the elves’ three despite outnumbering them five to one. It seems unlikely that he would agree to give up his power in Tethyr to become margrave, unless perhaps Meiritin followed the lead of Riatavin and acceded to Tethyr. Faced with these two, the possibility exists that they might both be rejected, and that Meiritin might form itself wholly independently.

Another issue is the ill-defined borders and rivalries of these ancient realms: Cortryn was dissolved over six hundred years ago, and Meiritin fell at Cortryn’s hands more than two centuries prior to that. The likelihood that Amn, Tethyr, Cortryn, Meiritin, and any Sythillisians (which even the monarchists must by now admit are a true power who will not be easy to crush back down) could form agreeable boundaries is distant in the extreme.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Are Paladins generally considered representatives of law and justice, free to be judge, jury, and executioner with that trust invested in them, or are they more like freelancing good guys like the rest of the classes?

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Also jesus christ Seika.

I'll just squirrel this information away for when my players approach that...

Oh, you made your own fic too. Neat. I've read fanfic for every fandom, but this is the first time I've seen D&D fanfic.

Blog Entries
    Are Paladins generally considered representatives of law and justice, free to be judge, jury, and executioner with that trust invested in them, or are they more like freelancing good guys like the rest of the classes?
    Depends on the world/society/paladin order. A grand city-state is more secular and built-up and so have a guard force that doesn't care for paladins sticking their holy noses in. A town built around a holy order's abbey only has the paladins as any kind of law enforcement at all. A monster-ravaged wilderness would let anyone with a sword and a quick tongue gather a lynch mob and attack the local "witch". The elven paladins of Hanali Celanil are well-recognised amongst their own people, but the neighbouring dwarf kingdom has a strict treaty governing their rights, and the humans don't accept that they have any legal standing whatsoever. (But, on the other hand, perhaps the dwarves fully recognise the human paladins of Helm, and the humans accept those of Moradin, since these gods are both of a stricter and more exacting nature that their respective legal systems are prepared to allow for).

Also jesus christ Seika.
    You remember Five saying a while ago that the crazy map detail of the Realms was reminiscent of Russian man telling Tolkein he little world-building baby? The Reconstitution is like that except for GRRM and massive multi-party civil wars. (Mind, even this much comes from actually very small parts of Lands of Intrigue - which is also off describing all other parts of Amn in normal peacetime, plus Amnian history, as well as Tethyr and its civil war and the Restoration, and the Shoon Imperium which used to rule them both ... - or Cloak and Dagger - which is way more focused on the Zhents and the Harpers and the Manshoon Wars).

I'll just squirrel this information away for when my players approach that...
    It's a terribly depressing fact that Amn seems to have changed so little that even with the ... let's see ... hundred and twenty years that have passed between the end of 2e and the beginning of 5e, you could basically re-run this scenario. (Except actually sodding run it this time instead of backing out).

Oh, you made your own fic too. Neat. I've read fanfic for every fandom, but this is the first time I've seen D&D fanfic.
    I mean, lol, it's a (mini, silly) Baldur's Gate 'fic which draws on some tabletop detail.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Today I had the joy to DM the finale of a twenty-six-month D&D 5e campaign. To think we could make such a strong, poignant tale out of something mostly inspired by KanColle.

We celebrated with cake and wine. I'm so tired, but so damn satisfied right now.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Today I had the joy to DM the finale of a twenty-six-month D&D 5e campaign. To think we could make such a strong, poignant tale out of something mostly inspired by KanColle.

We celebrated with cake and wine. I'm so tired, but so damn satisfied right now.
    Congrats dude! My last campaign kind fell apart because the players moved all over the country, some were to busy to play while others simply lost the passion for it which was a shame really. On the other hand I'll be DM'ing for a new group and taking place in the Critical Role setting.

So for something inspired by KanColle, how did it all conclude?

Blog Entries
    Ahahaha, this interview with the WPM creator.

FG: The objective of “White Plume Mountain” is to retrieve 3 extraordinarily powerful artifacts (Wave, Whelm, and Blackrazor) and return them to their rightful owners. Every time I’ve run S2 for a campaign, the PCs are like “screw those guys! I want this sweet soul-sucking sword for myself!” What would you do, as a Dungeon Master, should the player-characters run off with the items?

SCHICK: Well, of COURSE player characters were intended to run off with the items. The suggestion that they ought to return them to their original owners was just in there to give GMs the idea that there ought to be interesting consequences to the players making such a decision, consequences to be worked out in the context of the GM’s own campaign.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I think my players would actually just leave Blackrazor behind after their latest shenanigans.