View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 159 of 242 FirstFirst ... 59109149154157158159160161164169209 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I had an idea for a concept that I can't use because I can't figure out Roll20 well enough to DM... Basically this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Yes, it's part of a crackfic, but it still allows you to play as a Nasuverse character without having to worry about all those Nasuverse mechanics.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The curse isn't universal: dogs haven't TPK'd people yet in Ame no Woto (I had to nerf them first though)

YET
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    I can't figure out Roll20 well enough to DM
    DMing on Roll20 really isn't that difficult

Blog Entries
    What is RP “without worrying about mechanics”
    I don’t understand

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I don’t understand
    i was going to say erotic rping
    but even then...
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I don’t understand
    Just about everything that happens on this forum, especially the powerlevel discussions.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don’t understand
    playing pretend

the purest, highest form of RP

the paradise lost of childhood, reached again only by the enlightened ones
    don't quote me on this

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    mechanics are a blight tbh

embrace the ideal
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    From my reading of the War Caster feat, that benefit is already part of the second bullet. But even if it wasn't, I wanted it to be part of the flavor of various things you'd do as a grappler. War Caster, on the other hand, is all about someone wielding weapons and casting magic; a swordmage.
    Only one out of three bullets mentions weapons and shields, and War Caster's description itself sounds more like a spellcaster learning how to do more than stand around casting spells.

Quote Originally Posted by War Caster
    Prerequisite: The ability to cast at least one spell

You have practiced casting spells in the midst of combat, learning techniques that grant you the following benefits

• You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
    • You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
    • When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.
    I guess if you define a creature as an improvised weapon it works as is. Just seems weird that a non-spellcasting feat that requires a stat that spellcasters generally don't go for grants a benefit for spellcasters. Crossbow Expert does something similar with its second bullet, but it doesn't require a certain stat at 13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I think the intention is that feats aren't only exclusive to one play style. They're broad enough to accommodate more than one kind of character.

The second bullet of War Caster works like this: you can cast somatic spells even if you have a weapon or shield in your hand. (It also is quite literal in that it ONLY grants the benefit when the hand is occupied by weapons or a shield, specifically -- not anything else.) The way 5e rules treat spells with Touch range, you don't actually have to physically touch them to cast it; you just need to be in Touch range. The actual touching is abstracted. Take the spell Inflict Wounds, for instance: it says you have to be in Touch range, and to make a melee spell attack. That's it.

A Cleric with a shield in one hand and a mace in the other would be able to cast it. If they are grappling a character with one hand and have a mace in the other, they can still cast the somatic component using the mace hand.

A normal character without War Caster though, can't do that. A character grappling someone with a weapon in the other hand has both hands full. One hand is grappling, the other is holding a weapon. The Grappler feat in this case would showcase someone who's adept enough at grappling that they can use the grappling hand to cast the Touch spell instead, and it ties the flavor of the Touch spell with physical contact, with the caster directly channeling magic power into their opponent.

The difference with War Caster's second bullet is it offers much broader benefits than that.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I've been tallying various metrics in Menet Ka (and let me tell you, it's quite a chore, opening up each chat archive and meticulously trawling through it), and KT wins the honor of suffering the most damage. Of course.

But who negated the most damage?

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Probably you or Christemo. Who would have thought someone would actually take the mummy feat...

i wanted to survive okay

Necrotic immunity and fire resistance helped greatly in this dungeon

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Survival at the cost of wrinkly and dry skin...

masked paladin tho, you'll never know that behind that sexy plate is a mummy-wannabe

マリーの味方
    anyone ever use TM characters in dnd

i'm thinking of tweaking the death knight stat block from the MM into king hassan for a boss encounter down the line

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    You mean like straight up just play Saber in a D&D game?

マリーの味方
    well I mean sure that too, but I was thinking more NPCs

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    A few, due to the nature of the particular game, it's kind of a given.

Of course, if you're doing that, you're probably going to want to do something to not be a total content-reusing sucker, and have the setting twist the character into something that fits it better, until you realize you're not really using the original character at all.

For example, both Kirei and Ciel make wonderful Inquisitors in 40k, but the context will make them be just completely different characters, while letting you keep some sort of homage.

- - - Updated - - -

I could try to explain the few references I did, which is 4? out of more than 300 bloody named NPCs.

One unfortunately important NPC today, introduced a year and some ago, is known in the setting as Okada Pendragon (Okada not being her given name, but rather dumb gaijins calling her by her father's surname), and most of it was her being a joke on being Okita Alter.

Then they revealeded Majin Saber was in fact Okita Alter, and introduced Okada Izou into the game as well. Fuck me, right?