View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 173 of 242 FirstFirst ... 73123163168171172173174175178183223 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Forgetting that you can actually take your armor off and use ropes and pegs to mitigate the risk of rolling to climb without the appropriate skill, I'd wager.

I mean, I'm not one to talk, but I feel likr players nowadays are way too conditioned by videogames to actually respond to a challenge that's not either a bundle of HP and abilities or a straightforward puzzle piece.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Awesome, Mac! I'm currently on a trip, but as soon as I get back, I'll try out your friend's game.
    Hey, Mac. I've been playing the game for a bit and I've noticed a few things which I don't know if they're bugs or not:
    - several times when I used the Cure Wounds spell it healed no Hit Points at all;
    - one time, one of my PCs was reduced to 0 Hit Points but stabilised after the fight, but no spell or ability managed to heal him;
    - another, the same thing happened, but when I tried to use Cure Wounds on the PC, his Hit Points dropped from 1 to 0;
    - one time, I was down to my last PC against the Fire Elemental, but he kept succeeding on his third Death Save, which meant I was stuck in a loop where he stabilised, but the Fire Elemental just kept "killing" him again;
    - finally, one time when I managed to kill the Wind of Decay and the two Specters at the beginning without anyone dying, the cutscene where the PCs figured out the tomb was sealed (and thus, the oxygen was running out) didn't play.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, yeah, and the enemy AI always seems to focus fire on a specific target (usually the third PC).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, some kind of FAQ for the mechanics would be nice. For instance, does it make a difference which PC is leading the team for skill checks?
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; January 6th, 2019 at 01:18 PM.

Ok, I think I got it - the Wind of Decay enemy inflicts some kind of status where healing is reversed and becomes damage instead, right? Damn, that's harsh.
    After a few tries, I've managed to bring back everyone alive, including Wasif; unfortunately, he was penniless after that.
    Is there any way to explore the city more in the beginning? I can't go out into the desert, and I don't know how to manage to enter the posh part of the city.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, has anyone managed to open the hidden chest?
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; January 13th, 2019 at 06:52 AM.

Oh the Tomb Rot negates healing, just like in the game, I'm not sure it does damage tho

In order to get the normal and good ending you need a certain amount of gold. 6000 gives enough for the normal ending

I haven't cracked the hidden chest yet, I'm really not sure what the trigger is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Oh, yeah, and the enemy AI always seems to focus fire on a specific target (usually the third PC).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, some kind of FAQ for the mechanics would be nice. For instance, does it make a difference which PC is leading the team for skill checks?
    I noticed that the Angra Mud generally attacks the person with the lowest AC, which was my 4th slot Wizard.
    I want to say yes for the skill checks, since using my ranger hardly ever failed his survival checks for the underwater portions, performance checks for my bard and arcane for my wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Oh the Tomb Rot negates healing, just like in the game, I'm not sure it does damage tho
    Is there a way to heal it?

I noticed that the Angra Mud generally attacks the person with the lowest AC, which was my 4th slot Wizard.
    Ah, that makes sense!

its a curse, so a remove curse spell/scroll should do the trick

luckily you have a chance at finding a remove curse scroll in the necropolis portion of the adventure
    there's also the radiant dawn robes you can buy that should make you immune to tomb rot, but I think its wizard only

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Of course, if the Wind of Decay focuses on the lowest AC target (which it did in my experience as well) then slapping the robes on your Wizard would neutralize it completely.

A-ha! I got the good ending! Appropriately enough, I used the same party with which we played the real tabletop game - Thorvald, Morvin, Serir, and Firuz (though obviously I had to take some liberties regarding races and classes). Does anyone know what's the use of the switch in the brazzier room, though? I thought it might disable the fireball trap, but it never did anything for me.

Mac, a few observations for your friend:
    - I identified Anu-Akma's statue in the city, but had to identify the statues in the tomb again.
    - Even though Thorvald had both the Comprehend Languages and Tongues spells cast on him, it was always Morvin (the Rogue) who took the lead when translating inscriptions or talking to the mummy queens or the magical statue. The only times Comprehend Languages took precedence was when translating the tablet pieces.

Oh, the switch is to disable the gas. D'oh.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Of course, if the Wind of Decay focuses on the lowest AC target (which it did in my experience as well) then slapping the robes on your Wizard would neutralize it completely.
    He was just following my lead. There's a reason Wasif dies almost every time.

The difference in roll20 is you can shift their attention based on how you act.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

You know, maybe this would be seen as just padding, but I think it would be fun if the necropolis portion of the game had been mapped out in a more traditional manner.
    Also, I don't know how complex it would be, but I think the skill rolls would be a lot more fun if they worked like minigames of some sort instead of a random roll.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    That reminds me, I actually mapped the necropolis out in roll20 for second run throughs, but you never went in there. Granted, you would have probably died in the condition everyone was in.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

I mean in terms of as a standalone game sure maybe
    but in dnd itself its also just random rolls + whatever bonus you get, and since this is more of a homage to the menet ka game it makes more sense to keep it as rolls

same for the necropolis part mind you, its just the DM rolling a d100 iirc and you get the result.
    Besides if you buy chalk you can get to whatever location you like

- - - Updated - - -

But not for the second game I guess, but most of that content was added by mac anyway
    if you had a similar experience to us that is

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I mean in terms of as a standalone game sure maybe
    but in dnd itself its also just random rolls + whatever bonus you get, and since this is more of a homage to the menet ka game it makes more sense to keep it as rolls
    Oh, please, back in OD&D there wasn't even a standard resolution method. :-P
    Seriously, though, in an actual tabletop game, players have enough agency (if the GM is doing their job properly, that is) that the added arbitrariness of dice rolls is a welcome addition (or at least, not much of a problem). In a video game, though, where by necessity you're stuck within the game's rails, I feel like involving more player skill and less randomness would be better.

same for the necropolis part mind you, its just the DM rolling a d100 iirc and you get the result.
    Besides if you buy chalk you can get to whatever location you like
    Oh, I know! I used ink, and Serir (the Ranger) passed the Survival roll on the second try. It's just that, if you successfully deal with the brazier puzzle, you can basically explore the necropolis as much as you want without consequences; that's how I got enough loot to get the good ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    That reminds me, I actually mapped the necropolis out in roll20 for second run throughs, but you never went in there. Granted, you would have probably died in the condition everyone was in.
    After raising Naamah and removing Thorvald's curse, I'd actually like to try and finish exploring the tomb - at the very least, I'd like to take out the thing responsible for the necrotic aura.

in hindsight, of course that's the condition...

it was right there this whole time even
    Last edited by Zurvan; January 11th, 2019 at 09:22 PM.

Nice! So, what is it? Something do with the party's positioning?

Assuming your game has had the same, "addition" as ours, the answer can be found there to an extent.

What addition?

is there perhaps, a new player there?

- - - Updated - - -

(mind you its possible thats just us since we did uh, special stuff in there)

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That was an absolute blast, thanks again for the game Mac!

DEATH METAL FOREVER!