View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 201 of 242 FirstFirst ... 101151191196199200201202203206211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

In a cruel twist of fate, my characters without perception bonuses roll better than those with it

Damn of the final day
    Get your diablo sheets in or forever walk the halls of the blind

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    You also get skills from background, no? Assuming you take something suitable to the class, you should have one or two more proficiencies to play with on top of those four.
    I did say background choices help, yes, but even with proficiency in Perception you have a better than even chance to fail a DC 15 check to get pickpocketed by a novice thief up until level 5. And there are times where you might really need those other options and are unable to fit it into your build.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    If someone's pickpocketing you, you shouldn't be the one rolling. The pickpocketer should be rolling against your Passive Perception.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Depends on the situation, but in that scenario your odds are even worse since that brings the DC down to 10 (or 9 if you have a WIS penalty, which is quite common for Rogues).
    Last edited by Deathhappens; January 15th, 2020 at 02:28 PM.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    That would depend on how you resolve the situation in particular. I don't think there's a default way laid out by the PHB or DMG. A lot of DMs will make you roll both a Stealth check and a Sleight of Hand check to see if you can 1) actually lift the item, and 2) do it without getting noticed, so you'd have to succeed both checks to pull it off. Others would increase the Passive Perception DC based on the environment and awareness, in the same way that dim light puts a -5 penalty on Passive Perception. Lastly, if the target would be actively looking out for you trying to do something (like an enemy you're fighting in combat) then you'd probably use a Perception check at that point rather than the Passive Perception DC.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Depends on the situation, but in that scenario your odds are even worse since that brings the DC down to 10 (or 9 if you have a WIS penalty, which is quite common for Rogues).
    10 + proficiency bonus if you're trained in Perception.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    ONE DAY REMAINS. Sheet submissions close tomorrow at midnight.

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    That would depend on how you resolve the situation in particular. I don't think there's a default way laid out by the PHB or DMG. A lot of DMs will make you roll both a Stealth check and a Sleight of Hand check to see if you can 1) actually lift the item, and 2) do it without getting noticed, so you'd have to succeed both checks to pull it off. Others would increase the Passive Perception DC based on the environment and awareness, in the same way that dim light puts a -5 penalty on Passive Perception. Lastly, if the target would be actively looking out for you trying to do something (like an enemy you're fighting in combat) then you'd probably use a Perception check at that point rather than the Passive Perception DC.
    What if I resolve the situation by keeping magical bear traps in my pockets that clamp down on anything that passes through them without a magical ring, but actually the ring is a red herring and it’s actually a magical tattoo I have that deactivates it just for me and if anybody without the same tattoo tries to get fresh and knicks the ring to put it on and pick my pocket it’ll blow their fingers off because it’s actually a small bomb

What then

Roll to avoid taking damage from the small bomb that just detonated in your pocket?
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    What if I resolve the situation by keeping magical bear traps in my pockets that clamp down on anything that passes through them without a magical ring, but actually the ring is a red herring and it’s actually a magical tattoo I have that deactivates it just for me and if anybody without the same tattoo tries to get fresh and knicks the ring to put it on and pick my pocket it’ll blow their fingers off because it’s actually a small bomb

What then
    Then you're playing 3.pf, so the cost for that arrangement was far too steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    There's no real contest, I'm basically in already muhahahaha

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    you might say hes been in for months now

the power of preparation

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Diablo submissions are closed! Thanks to everyone who sent a sheet.

Tomorrow I will post a class breakdown. Please wait warmly while decisions are made...

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I believe I should get some kind of an autism award for this.
    Spoiler:
    UA4: Compound Doujutsu (Aspect)

The character possesses eight different eyes, of which only two can be opened. By default, Joubin's Eye and Sharingan Eye are activated. At the start of the character's every turn, they may roll a 1d10, to determine which eye they could manage to open. They need not abide by the result, but if they do, it replaces one of their currently opened eyes.

1-2) Sharingan: The Wheel Eye. When this eye is selected, the character may immediately make a Knowledge check costing one partial action less. If this eye is not active, Acquired Kekkei Genkai: Sharingan cannot be used at all.

3) Ketsuryuugan: The Imperial Blood Eye. When this eye is selected, it allows the character to use the Blood Razor Jutsu [Projectile / Rng:25 / Spd: One Partial Action / Dmg: Special] immediately as a free action, and subsequently as a partial action while the eye remains opened. It uses Ninjutsu attribute and any elemental skill for for the attack roll. They can make it deal any amount of damage up to the total amount of Injury the user has lost during the encounter. Further uses of Blood Razor may use whatever is left of the pool, or newly dealt damage. The use of this Jutsu does not require seals, or hands.

4) Kishougan: The Igniting Eye. An eye which sets whatever it gazes upon to flames. When this eye is selected, the character may make a Chakra Control based attack on anyone within their zone, using any social skill as its skill. The target must either dodge this attack, or defend in such a way that they leave the line of sight, the zone, or obscure themselves. Thus, a Burst 1 Jutsu can defend against this attack, but a Projectile Jutsu cannot. If the defender fails, they sustain 3 instances of the Fire! status effect. This attack can be used again any number of times while the eye is active, as a Partial Action.

5) Shichougan: The Claiming Eye. An Eye which moves matter. When this eye is selected, the character may assault their opponents with small debris within their range of sight. As a free action, they may make a Determination based attack action up to two zones away, using either Stealth or Deception as its skill. It can be defended against in any way, but if the target fails, they become Staggered and Prone. After the eye is selected, the action may be used again as a Partial action, dealing an additional 20 damage every time to a maximum of 20xRank damage as the air becomes filled with throwable objects still in the user's grasp.

6) Chokushi-no-Magan: The eye which sees the death of things. When this eye becomes active, the character's next Taijutsu-based attack action will only require 5 successes to activate Critical Hit, and may activate this Follow-up even if blocked. Afterwards, as long as the eye is active, the character only needs 7+ Successes to activate Critical Hit.

7) Mabyogan: The Evil Cat's Eye. Grants the Lucky trait to the user. If the eye is selected multiple times, they may use the special reroll from Lucky once for every time it is selected.

8) Hansuugan: The Ruminating Eye. An eye which sees the pasts of people and objects. When this eye is selected, the owner may immediately use the Glean Nindo at no cost. If the eye is replaced with another, whatever profit they may still be getting from it is immediately lost.

9-10) Joubin's Eye: Eight-Eyes's sole remaining human eye. When this eye is selected, the character may let their Chakra take a break, and may Mold Energy as a free action. It does not grant any passive benefit, except perhaps in cases where a completely plain eye would be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    I believe I should get some kind of an autism award for this.
    Spoiler:
    UA4: Compound Doujutsu (Aspect)

The character possesses eight different eyes, of which only two can be opened. By default, Joubin's Eye and Sharingan Eye are activated. At the start of the character's every turn, they may roll a 1d10, to determine which eye they could manage to open. They need not abide by the result, but if they do, it replaces one of their currently opened eyes.

1-2) Sharingan: The Wheel Eye. When this eye is selected, the character may immediately make a Knowledge check costing one partial action less. If this eye is not active, Acquired Kekkei Genkai: Sharingan cannot be used at all.

3) Ketsuryuugan: The Imperial Blood Eye. When this eye is selected, it allows the character to use the Blood Razor Jutsu [Projectile / Rng:25 / Spd: One Partial Action / Dmg: Special] immediately as a free action, and subsequently as a partial action while the eye remains opened. It uses Ninjutsu attribute and any elemental skill for for the attack roll. They can make it deal any amount of damage up to the total amount of Injury the user has lost during the encounter. Further uses of Blood Razor may use whatever is left of the pool, or newly dealt damage. The use of this Jutsu does not require seals, or hands.

4) Kishougan: The Igniting Eye. An eye which sets whatever it gazes upon to flames. When this eye is selected, the character may make a Chakra Control based attack on anyone within their zone, using any social skill as its skill. The target must either dodge this attack, or defend in such a way that they leave the line of sight, the zone, or obscure themselves. Thus, a Burst 1 Jutsu can defend against this attack, but a Projectile Jutsu cannot. If the defender fails, they sustain 3 instances of the Fire! status effect. This attack can be used again any number of times while the eye is active, as a Partial Action.

5) Shichougan: The Claiming Eye. An Eye which moves matter. When this eye is selected, the character may assault their opponents with small debris within their range of sight. As a free action, they may make a Determination based attack action up to two zones away, using either Stealth or Deception as its skill. It can be defended against in any way, but if the target fails, they become Staggered and Prone. After the eye is selected, the action may be used again as a Partial action, dealing an additional 20 damage every time to a maximum of 20xRank damage as the air becomes filled with throwable objects still in the user's grasp.

6) Chokushi-no-Magan: The eye which sees the death of things. When this eye becomes active, the character's next Taijutsu-based attack action will only require 5 successes to activate Critical Hit, and may activate this Follow-up even if blocked. Afterwards, as long as the eye is active, the character only needs 7+ Successes to activate Critical Hit.

7) Mabyogan: The Evil Cat's Eye. Grants the Lucky trait to the user. If the eye is selected multiple times, they may use the special reroll from Lucky once for every time it is selected.

8) Hansuugan: The Ruminating Eye. An eye which sees the pasts of people and objects. When this eye is selected, the owner may immediately use the Glean Nindo at no cost. If the eye is replaced with another, whatever profit they may still be getting from it is immediately lost.

9-10) Joubin's Eye: Eight-Eyes's sole remaining human eye. When this eye is selected, the character may let their Chakra take a break, and may Mold Energy as a free action. It does not grant any passive benefit, except perhaps in cases where a completely plain eye would be necessary.
    Wait, what system is this for?
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    World of Five Nations.

It's not such a big deal for me, but I'm running my second campaign, and already played in two as a player, both to completion. Much as with FFG Star Wars, it turns out that Naruto is a really good setting to play wizard ninja Metal Gear games in. As long as you remove, well, Naruto. And anything else about it you don't like, like tailed beasts and senju/uchiha being the only clans that matter and konoha being the only village that matters. And ancient aliens from outer space.

What I linked isn't really current version, that's because it's worked on. We've been fixing up the system's nicks for a while now and it's starting to become actually pretty solid. An accidental lovechild of /tg/'s, it might very well be the most anime system ever made. It lives and breathes teleports behind you and nothing personnel. The spoiler posted is one of its core mechanics, where every character gets to create several special snowflake ways in which they can totally break the game's rules, as long as they work for it. Thing is, enemies tend to have their own gimmicks.

If you're unironically interested in playing, I can drop you a discord link or something.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Diablo submissions are closed! Thanks to everyone who sent a sheet.

Tomorrow I will post a class breakdown. Please wait warmly while decisions are made...
    Seven Diablo sheets were submitted for consideration for the new slot. Here is the breakdown of the submitted classes:
    2 Assassins
    2 Paladins
    2 Druids
    1 Sorceress
    Now to start balancing my scales...