View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 53 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3434851525354555863103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Your char doesn't seem to opposed to them.
    but why is he the one getting mamoru'd when he wishes to mamoru ._.

- - - Updated - - -

it'd make sense with I3uster, though!

(side-glance)

Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    but why is he the one getting mamoru'd when he wishes to mamoru ._.
    Maybe he should be doing more telling people of this, and less getting impaled by doors.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, i'm of to work, so i'll stop replying to every single post.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    How dare you respond to posts.

On another note I thought my session this weekend went terribly, but apparently my players loved it. So I guess I'll take their word for it.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Maybe he should be doing more telling people of this, and less getting impaled by doors.
    but being the one getting impaled is the point!!!

...or maybe we can just ask Nihilm to use his handy Open/Close cantrip so no one gets impaled

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    How dare you respond to posts.

On another note I thought my session this weekend went terribly, but apparently my players loved it. So I guess I'll take their word for it.
    I've had that happen a few times. I think its just a perspective thing at times.

but being the one getting impaled is the point!!!

...or maybe we can just ask Nihilm to use his handy Open/Close cantrip so no one gets impaled
    Get more AC so not impaled?

I dunno, usually a good tank is dependant on a good healer. Oddly enough you're both, but since you're not a paladin/warpriest you can't self-heal as efficiently.

Maybe the morale of the story is that there is no I in mamoru.

...of course this is where you tell me the japanese equivalent of "I" is in fact in mamoru.
    Last edited by Janx; November 16th, 2015 at 01:38 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    Had a really fun session the other day. Wont go into very many details because I would have to explain a year's worth of built up campaign stuff but it was very fun. Got through about 3 encounters in about 3 hours but there was stuff going on in between and the last was probably multiple encounter's worth of stuff.

Blog Entries
    Get more AC so not impaled?
    i-is this the devil whispering at me to stack AC

I dunno, usually a good tank is dependant on a good healer. Oddly enough you're both, but since you're not a paladin/warpriest you can't self-heal as efficiently.

Maybe the morale of the story is that there is no I in mamoru.

...of course this is where you tell me the japanese equivalent of "I" is in fact in mamoru.
    the "I" can, in fact, be implied with the mamoru, as in "I protect" :P (but so can any other actor)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    Stack AC, it's a good idea to stop yourself from dying. One funny thing I find with con bonus for HP is that proportionally, wizards get the most benefit from it.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I've had that happen a few times. I think its just a perspective thing at times.
    Yeah basically. They didn't notice the things I wasn't happy with lol. Or didn't think about it til I brought it up, anyway.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Yeah basically. They didn't notice the things I wasn't happy with lol. Or didn't think about it til I brought it up, anyway.
    Yeah, and sometimes your goofs make things more fun.

Players seem to enjoy to fact the giant tentacle crab things couldn't actually fit through the cave entrance to chase them, and yes, they did lack a burrow speed.

i-is this the devil whispering at me to stack AC
    Do it! Your AC is going to pierce the heavens!
    Give in to your desire to be unhittable!
    Get a number so high Siriel will be loath to be anywhere near you.
    Do it!
    Mwahahahahaah!

*cough* I mean, power gaming is wrong!

the "I" can, in fact, be implied with the mamoru, as in "I protect" :P (but so can any other actor)
    Lol...well...D&D is a team game :P I think outside 4e and sorta 5e its sort of difficult to actively defend other players as a tank beyond standing in the way, or grappling.
    Last edited by Janx; November 16th, 2015 at 04:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lol...well...D&D is a team game :P I think outside 4e and sorta 5e its sort of difficult to actively defend other players as a tank beyond standing in the way, or grappling.
    Look, I-I just need some preparation before my heart is ready for Shield Other okay?

goddammit why the heck do we have to wear matching rings

Look, I-I just need some preparation before my heart is ready for Shield Other okay?

goddammit why the heck do we have to wear matching rings
    W-wow you're being fast. You've known my char 30 min!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, and sometimes your goofs make things more fun.

Players seem to enjoy to fact the giant tentacle crab things couldn't actually fit through the cave entrance to chase them, and yes, they did lack a burrow speed.
    The DM had generated this dungeon randomly off some website, which led to some pretty bizarre encounters. It also meant that the enemies we were fighting were “stock” ECL 12-14 enemies, instead of the super-advanced monsters from the previous session. We noticed the difference quickly.

The first monster was a 12-headed Pyrohydra. It was 15 feet by 15 feet and was occupying a 15 foot by 45 foot room. Given that the doors were 5 feet wide, that meant it couldn’t get out. The Assassin opened the door, looked at it, then just closed the door again and left it there.

Next was a door with contact poison on the doorknob. The Assassin dealt with the trap by the cunning tool known as “gloves”.

Inside was an ice devil. The Assassin closed the door on that one as well and it sealed the door shut with an ice wall. We went back to the hydra. This time it was ready for us. I won initiative and used Charm Monster. It failed its save and I started scratching its heads.

Me: “Who’s a good little hydra? Are you a good little hydra? Yes you are!”
    DM: “Why do I even give you guys random monsters?”
    Ranger: “But it must be so lonely! It’s shut up in this tiny little room and can’t get outside . . . it probably doesn’t even know there is an outside.”
    DM: *sigh* “Fine. The hydra continues nuzzling you lovingly, as once again a monster that’s supposed to be a CR 13 challenge for an entire party gets turned into a pet.”
    Ranger: “I think we should take it outside when we leave. Maybe we could find him a new home.”
    Me: “Okay. After this is over I’ll use Teleport or something to take Clyde out.”
    DM: “Clyde?
    Me: “Clyde the Hydra.”

Somewhere in the middle of this the Assassin and the Druid wandered off on their own to discover what was probably the single silliest encounter of the lot. A 15’ by 15’ Glabrezu . . . in a 15’ by 15’ room.

Assassin: “What are you doing here?”
    Glabrezu: “I’m sort of stuck.”

The Assassin and Druid worked out a deal where they gave the glabrezu its freedom in exchange for a wish. They used the wish to find the path to the end of the dungeon, and then came back to rejoin the party without telling the rest of us how they got the information. With the map, we were able to find our way to the exit.
    (The whole campaign is well worth a read).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    W-wow you're being fast. You've known my char 30 min!
    I see how it is, I-I'm not good enough for you am I?

;_;

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    There isn't a Help action in the other editions?

As for my game, it was a combination of a number of things, mostly OOC stuff. I was dealing with like 10 players, so I was like a candidate getting mobbed by reporters at a press conference, had a hard time keeping up with all of the questions and activity. And that made me stumble over my words a lot as my mind was running in like 5 different tracks at the same time, along with forgetting facts that they had to remind me every so often (like the presence of one player's pet dog). And most of all there were two players that were causing trouble OOC. Normally I'd just ignored it since I didn't want to grind the game to a halt over it: it was easy to ignore since there was so much other stuff going on. But it was definitely annoying everyone else and this time I just stopped everything every time and smacked them down, which took time away from the game and interrupted the flow.

Turns out everybody loved seeing them get dunked.

Blog Entries
    There isn't a Help action in the other editions?
    Look mAc, giving someone +2 has never been and will never be worth a standard action.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Is that what it does in PF? In 5e it gives them Advantage. There's still Improvising an Action for more specific stuff.

Blog Entries
    It'll also never be worth a standard action when you could be doing something that actually helps.

Like attacking, or casting a spell, or using some sort of ability that has a tangible effect.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Ah, so it's just so weak in PF that it's as if it wasn't there, not literally missing.

Blog Entries
    I was actually talking about the 5e version. Barring super specific circumstances it's basically useless in combat.
    O piteous Wanderer.