View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 73 of 242 FirstFirst ... 23636871727374757883123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

Banned
    Would anyone be down for playing Fiasco in Tabletop Simulator at some point?

I should really get tabletop simulator...

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    If he just pockets it as compensation for the trouble of rescuing the guy, Chaotic Neutral definitely.
    Alas, there will be no saving as she's been ritually sacrificed to summon a demon.

Now I just have to decide if it'll be the Warcraft 3 style Dread Lord type, a LOTR Balrog, or The Butcher.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Do you want a manipulative demon or a smashy demon

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Manipulative. The party's so huge that they can pretty much alpha strike any enemy and win with ease; the monster takes one turn and then you get ten player turns. That means an enemy strong enough to take them on as a party with pure power would just one-shot any individual player. (FINGER OF DEATH) At least with a manipulative one I could use less direct abilities to hamper their effectiveness, rather than kill them outright instantly. Stuff like fear, charming, or sleep.

Then again it IS a demon so they should already expect it to be strong.

The demon would look like this:

This was always one of my favorite cards.

A supernatural gloom follows in its wake... the sky darkens, the sun disappears behind clouds, torches and light sources get snuffed out, and a chill fills the air...

Maybe it could have a strength sapping effect, like the flavor text... or steal souls like a Dementor.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Just give the boss multiple initiatives.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Plus multiply hp.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    On Saturday we had the demon fight.

Me: OK guys, so last we left you were just about to bust down the door and go after the evil wizard inside. But one of you wanted to turn back and plan instead. Do you want to do that?

Fighter: Fuck that!! I'm GOING IN! *kicks down door* WHAT DO I SEE

Me: Remember all those guards you were going to fight? You see them all sprawled against the ground, their throats cut. A pool of blood collects amongst them, and it's been smeared into a magic summoning circle. Inside the summoning circle is the unconscious form of the priestess that you were trying to rescue. There stands the wizard, and you arrive just in time to hear him finish a horrible incantation composed of guttural sounds belonging to languages long since forgotten to this world. A red light flashes around the circle, and the priestess, though unconscious, suddenly begins to spasm and writhe. She tears at her clothes, her hair, her face, her eyes, her skin, gouging deep. Her body pulsates and undulates, as you hear the sounds of bones cracking and shifting, and two massive horns sprout from her head. Her nails elongate into massive claws, and her arms and legs bend in unnatural ways as they grow longer. THE SKY TURNS BLACK, THE SUN DISAPPEARS BEHIND CLOUDS, AN INKY DARK BLACKNESS FILLS THE ROOM AND SNUFFS OUT ALL LIGHTS, AND A SUPERNATURAL CHILL FILLS THE AIR! In a moment, she's transformed into a demon with two leathery wings, midnight blue skin, two bulbous white eyes, and no mouth. The demon quizzically looks around the room, and tries to walk out of the seal, but is stopped by a crackling red barrier. The wizard turns to it, and says: "Hear my call! Deliver me from mine enemies, and my body shall be yours for the taking!" Its eyes flash white in recognition, and you all hear a deep bellowing voice in your heads. "THE DEAL IS MADE; THE PACT IS SEALED. THEIR SOULS SHALL BE MINE, AS WILL YOUR BODY." The wizard cries out in triumph, and points at you, declaring, "Then kill them!"

The demon steps out of the circle and looks at you. This is it, the moment of truth. What do you?

Fighter: I JUMP OUT THE WINDOW

Blog Entries
    literally amazing

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Sure wish my players would let me explsit that long without interrupting me.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a CUTSCENE sign for moments like that.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Sure wish my players would let me explsit that long without interrupting me.
    lol they actually interrupted a lot I just sliced that part out since it would've just cluttered the exchange. The actual line for line was more like this:

Me: OK guys, so last we left you were just about to bust down the door and go after the evil wizard inside. But the Bard wanted to turn back and plan instead. Do you want to do that?

Fighter: Fuck that!! I'm GOING IN! *kicks down door* WHAT DO I SEE

Everyone else: NO!! DON'T DO IT!

Me: Too late! He said it! (People used to hem and haw -- well, they still do that -- but every time someone tried to do something everyone always would reel them back in for a bureaucratic committee discussion, so now you can't take back what you're doing once you declare it.)

Bard: I'm going to leave and try to burn the building down from the outside.

Barbarian: Yeah uh... me too.

Rogue: I follow them.

Fighter: Wow really

Warlock, Necromancer: WE FOLLOW THE FIGHTER IN

Me: Remember all those guards you were going to fight? You see them all sprawled against the ground, their throats cut. A pool of blood collects amongst them, and it's been smeared into a magic summoning circle.

Fighter: Where's the evil wizard's right hand man?

Me: You see him amongst the corpses. But you also see inside the summoning circle is the unconscious form of the priestess that you were trying to rescue. There stands the wizard, and you arrive just in time to hear him finish a horrible incantation composed of guttural sounds belonging to languages long since forgotten to this world. A red light flashes around the circle, and the priestess, though unconscious, suddenly begins to spasm and writhe. She tears at her clothes, her hair, her face, her eyes, her skin, gouging deep.

Fighter: Is there anything we can do to figure out what the hell is going on?

Me: Make an Arcana check.

Fighter: Hey Warlock, why don't you help me, that way I'll get Advantage.

Warlock; Okay.

Me: Yeah sure, roll with Advantage.

Fighter: I got a ... 3, and a 11.

Me: Close enough. OK, so you both know of this kind of ritual for how dangerous it is. It's a demonic summoning, rarely done because of the extreme risk it poses to everybody. It requires human sacrifice, so these people here were probably killed somehow to fuel it. Just doing it requires knowledge of unspeakable arts that would drive lesser men mad; in fact, the incantations give you both a headache. While you figure that out, the priestess' body pulsates and undulates, as you hear the sounds of bones cracking and shifting, and two massive horns sprout from her head. Her nails elongate into massive claws, and her arms and legs bend in unnatural ways as they grow longer. THE SKY TURNS BLACK, THE SUN DISAPPEARS BEHIND CLOUDS, AN INKY DARK BLACKNESS FILLS THE ROOM AND SNUFFS OUT ALL LIGHTS, AND A SUPERNATURAL CHILL FILLS THE AIR! In a moment, she's transformed into a demon with two leathery wings, midnight blue skin, two bulbous white eyes, and no mouth.

Warlock: I want to use Prestigiditation to wipe away the blood making the summoning circle.

Me: Wait, let me finish describing what you see. The demon quizzically looks around the room, and tries to walk out of the seal, but is stopped by a crackling red barrier from the summoning circle. ... Do you still want to do it?

Warlock: Oh god, no.

Fighter: Well I'm not just going to stand there! I charge forward!

Me: OK, so we'll go in order. (I have everyone seated around the table using their DEX score so we don't need to roll for combat every time.) Fighter goes first! But...

Me: Using his READIED ACTION, the evil wizard turns to demon, and says: "Hear my call! Deliver me from mine enemies, and my body shall be yours for the taking!" Its eyes flash white in recognition, and you all hear a deep bellowing voice in your heads. "THE DEAL IS MADE; THE PACT IS SEALED. THEIR SOULS SHALL BE MINE, AS WILL YOUR BODY." The evil wizard cries out in triumph, and points at you, declaring, "Then kill them!"

Me: The demon steps out of the circle --

Fighter: Wait, but it's my turn.

Me: It's not ACTUALLY using a turn to move, you can just tell he's about to come for you. So he looks at you. This is it, the moment of truth. What do you?

Fighter: I JUMP OUT THE WINDOW

Necromancer: Why are we fighting a Dread Lord

Warlock: What??

Barbarian: We're throwing in the torches!

Me: *begins laughing uncontrollably*

Then I put on Mars, Bringer of War.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    Watching a keep on the boderlands roll 20 session.

Also at low levels, how do you prevent sleep from being OP?

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    spread your creatures out

have lots of them to soak up the hp

or just a guy with enough hp to shrug it off

Yeah with the game I'm playing they have to have more than 4 HD to be immune.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh it's 4 or more. I guess the effect only lasts 5 rounds per level.

- - - Updated - - -

It just sucks because I kinda ruins the fun of old school dungeon crawling- having a wizard that can pretty much also put foes to sleep.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    how does the sleep spell in this game work

cant other people just slap them awake

30 ft radius around the target affects and yes although only a quarter save statistically.

Actually the perfect solution- give every monster a loud horn!

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    make sure its a vuvuzela