View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 89 of 242 FirstFirst ... 39798487888990919499139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I never thought of Rin, though the poverty part makes sense. But the part that jumped out at me was the magic academy student thirsting for recognition.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My original idea for the guy when it was still from a story was, like, a tsun healer. Given the heal complex, that was pretty much his/her gimmick

"i-it's not like i wanna heal you or anything baka, etc etc"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i like how one of the pf traits is just "your parents are rich"

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    My original idea for the guy when it was still from a story was, like, a tsun healer. Given the heal complex, that was pretty much his/her gimmick

"i-it's not like i wanna heal you or anything baka, etc etc"
    I like how the glowing eyes in the "WHAT I PLAYED" part fits your normal gifs but it's all literally the character down to the sound effects and the glowing eyes.

Are you playing a PF game now too? Kirby spreads his wings...

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Are you playing a PF game now too? Kirby spreads his wings...
    Charming
    Blessed with good looks, you've come to depend on the fact that others find you attractive.
    You gain a +1 trait bonus when you use Bluff or Diplomacy on a character that is (or could be) sexually attracted to you, and a +1 trait bonus to the save DC of any language-dependent spell you cast on such characters or creatures.

Extremely Fashionable
    You really know how to make a good impression when you’re dressed well.
    Whenever you are wearing clothing and/or jewelry worth at least 150 gp (and not otherwise covered in gore, sewage, or other things that mar your overall look), you gain a +1 trait bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks. One of these skills (your choice) is a class skill for you.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like the sort of traits a Strife character might take.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    FIRST RP FIGHT, EVER

HE HAS WORSE STATS THAN ME

OHKO'D

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    welcome to the jungle

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    this was supposed to be a comedic character

Blog Entries
    Dying in P&P is fun.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i'm not the one that's dead

Blog Entries
    Had fun with kirby today. I was genuinely surprised by the OHKO. Was otherwise a pretty good session I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm not the one that's dead
    r i p

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    only his heart

Blog Entries
    Oh! Well, goodness, Kirby.

Killing people in P&P is fun.

Blog Entries
    also

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We started a new 5e adventure (it's expected to be short). I made a female wood elf druid. She's the Spock type and sees humans as children (she's 99).

So when another PC (male human paladin played by the wolf group GM) hit on her, hilarity ensued.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

This template is a great way to some up my story of today's session (and the general theme of the last few sessions). It's actually a different DM now (due to round robin method) than the one who accused the group of being murder hobos, but the past few sessions I've been trying to avoid just going in and killing everyone when we got some hints that the people we were fighting weren't all bad. The previous DM really didn't help by going more murder hobo than he accused us off and killing unconscious / surrendered enemies because ??? but in this last session I managed to turn around a really bad situation by sticking to my guns.

The prior session saw us arriving in a large city, immediately noticing a lot of prejudice levelled at the non-humans in our group and our Bard being arrested and detained. Getting an audience with the nobles, we find out that the rich inner city is entirely human and they treat the other races like total shit. Also our bard had a bounty on his head and we won't be able to free him without doing the head bureaucrat (Gerald) a favour. Gerald needs two potential threats eliminated, a political party in the poorer districts that could turn violent and the cities' thieves guild. We immediately assume the political unrest comes from the non-human races and decide to check them out, thinking we'll want to side with them against the ruling humans. Turns out they're actually way more racist than the rulers, wanting the non-humans to be kicked out of the city. So we decide to go deal with the thieves' guild instead, and as we start checking it out we notice everyone working around the area is non human.

So our Wizard goes up to the guild and sets the guards on fire, everyone busts in and ends up killing 12 people total (okay, three of those were from me raging) while I knock one of them out to interrogate. The last member was held at rapier point by our Rogue (the previous DM), who surrendered and mentioned how they were trying to change things for the betterment of the non-human races in the city. The Rogue then killed him for refusing to go along with an intimidation check (I don't even know what he was intimidating him for, the guy was already talking).

So I made it clear we're not going to kill the sole survivor, and we heal her enough to talk to her. Thanks to everything that went down she has absolutely no interest in working with us or believing us when we try to say we were tricked, but after trying really damn hard we manage to convince her to let us speak to their leader. At which point, I had to repeat my story to someone who wasn't afraid for their life and persuade them to let us help them. Thanks to a Nat 20 on persuasion, I managed to clear up the whole thing, convincing their side not to hold a grudge and let us help, and convincing my side not to kill anyone. So now eveeeeeryone is getting along and want to work together to make the city an accepting place for the non-human races.

By attacking and killing the current leaders, of course. I'm completely down with killing people as long as we know they're dicks.

edit: The murder hobo thing is kind of frustrating me though, especially since the rules seem to make it difficult to be non-lethal - no way of doing it with ranged attacks means a lot of (potentially innocent) opponents just get killed in a Fireball or whatever before we've even decided if they're really our enemies.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    all my knowledge rolls are good

but all my combat rolls are depressing

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I survived, and finished my first DnD game. To think, this character was supposed to be the comedic relief type.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    all my knowledge rolls are good

but all my combat rolls are depressing
    I'm the opposite. I can tear up the battlefield, but ability checks are rarely in a stat I can contribute with. Especially the conversations, dear god.

I was kind of relying on the other characters to handle any charisma or intelligence challenges we come across but that hasn't really panned out so far (except for our Wizard having so many proficiences he can investigate or research the shit out of anything). So usually I do all the roleplaying and then have to roll with no bonuses whatsoever. LIVE BY THE ROLL, DIE BY THE ROLL

Luckily my next character already has 20 Charisma at level 1.