View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

    2 3.77%
  • 2e

    1 1.89%
  • 3.5e

    9 16.98%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

    7 13.21%
  • PF

    13 24.53%
  • 4e

    4 7.55%
  • 5e

    17 32.08%
Page 158 of 158 FirstFirst ... 58108148153156157158
Results 3,141 to 3,154 of 3154

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

  1. #3141
    The No Sleep King mAc Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Phyrexylvania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,191
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    You never answered my comments, Mac, either here or over at Discord.
    Oh, right. I totally forgot about it since it was going to be a meaty one and my 16 hour days weren't letting me have time to think. I will dig it out tonight.

    In the meantime, Tang asked another question that I'll answer here:

    Question (Tang): Would a sacrifice have appeased his god enough to let him escape?
    Answer: Yes, if he managed to sacrifice everyone. Anu Akma is the God of the Dead, and hates tomb robbers who would desecrate the dead. Therefore, even though it is for a different purpose, stopping that would please him. If Menet-Ka defeats the party at the final stage, a special ending opens up where he is released and walks the earth anew, seizing control of Nuria-Natal once again. Of course, by that point, the consequences are for others to worry about...
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

  2. #3142
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,197
    JP Friend Code
    by request
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Wow, amazing! So many cool things and tidbits we missed in our exploration, I'm glad I stopped by to read that post, so thanks mAc.

    I do have a question, what made Menet-Ka scary as a final boss? We didn't see much of what he could do because well, Rhogar happened.
    Mechanically, Horrifying Visage is the biggest issue, especially with a party not proficient in Wisdom saving throws or having Calm Emotions, as you attack him at disadvantage and, more importantly, can't flee because you can't approach him while he's blocking the exit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  3. #3143
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,030
    It's ok!

    Also:

    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    If Menet-Ka defeats the party at the final stage, a special ending opens up where he is released and walks the earth anew, seizing control of Nuria-Natal once again. Of course, by that point, the consequences are for others to worry about...
    ...Now I kind of wish he HAD killed us just so we could pester you into letting us play a different party on a quest to topple Nuria-Natal's mummy despot... :-P
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

  4. #3144
    Well, theoretically, there were groups that were sacrificied
    Seibah is the greatest, excsicu...calibah!

  5. #3145
    ちょいちょいっと canaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    虚数潜航艇
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    863
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Mechanically, Horrifying Visage is the biggest issue, especially with a party not proficient in Wisdom saving throws or having Calm Emotions, as you attack him at disadvantage and, more importantly, can't flee because you can't approach him while he's blocking the exit.
    I was busy being shocked by my pretty character being not-so-pretty-anymore that I didn't realize I was the best person to be targetted by that, since Warlocks have Wis saves and I had a ranged weapon. Huh, small mercies.
    FGO Supports (Last Update: 2018-07-28 anniversary CEs)


    Quotes

    <dyingcomputer> canaki <dyingcomputer> is the embodiment of notes

    Quote Originally Posted by canaki View Post
    I stick to my opinion of Shinjuku = Higashide, Agartha = Minase, Shimousa = Sakurai, Salem = Meteo

    (Since I'm repeating this a lot)

  6. #3146
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,197
    JP Friend Code
    by request
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by canaki View Post
    I was busy being shocked by my pretty character being not-so-pretty-anymore that I didn't realize I was the best person to be targetted by that, since Warlocks have Wis saves and I had a ranged weapon. Huh, small mercies.
    Horrifying Visage/Frightful Presence hits everyone within range.

    And it's not too bad provided you can make the saving throw, as it won't work on anyone that succeeds against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  7. #3147
    The No Sleep King mAc Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Phyrexylvania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,191
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    5
    After our game, I took what you guys said into account and changed his ability to only target one character instead of everyone. (In Spoony and Trubo's game, everyone got frozen with fear.)

    Canaki's character became an old man instantly.

    Unbeknownst to them, I secretly calculated the maximum age of each character, so I would know when they would die of old age. If Menet-Ka pushed you over that, then you get to savor an early retirement.

    Outside of that though there were other changes I made to make up for it, which Canaki's group experienced. The way it went, I think it was an improvement.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

  8. #3148
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Vritra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Distraction land
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,137
    Hurray for using bows so I could ignore the can't advance due to fear part, I think we might have died otherwise.

  9. #3149
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,197
    JP Friend Code
    by request
    Blog Entries
    2
    Well mAc, if you ever want to inspire fear in your players, just throw in a couple of Red Abishai.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Or a Beast of Talos

    - - - Updated - - -




    Thrash. The Beast of Talos thrashes about causing icicles to fall from the ceiling. All enemies must attempt a DC 17 Dexterity saving throw. Those that fail take 9 (2d8) points of piercing damage and are Restrained (Escape DC 12) as they are impaled to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  10. #3150
    JAlter came home Saiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    940
    JP Friend Code
    256,751,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Wow, amazing! So many cool things and tidbits we missed in our exploration, I'm glad I stopped by to read that post, so thanks mAc.

    I do have a question, what made Menet-Ka scary as a final boss? We didn't see much of what he could do because well, Rhogar happened.
    I'm pretty sure his bandage attacks would have been pretty powerful. The mummies took a pretty hefty chunk of my life with one of those, in addition to being able to force movement. And the grapple was a strength check, so no AC or saving throw bonuses. When Menet-Ka followed the grapple with another attack roll, I assumed the attack had to be really dangerous to be shared over two checks. That's why I immediately used Misty Step to break free.

    Being able to grapple people who aren't in melee range with you is a really cool (and strong) boss ability.

  11. #3151
    The No Sleep King mAc Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Phyrexylvania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,191
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    5
    The setting document actually touched on the leylines in its information:
    Down a long line of succession, the wizard-kings and sorcerer-queens of Nuria experimented with the ley lines and the river’s magical water. They extended and prolonged their lives until they unlocked a kind of semi-divinity. Further, they developed the rituals needed to awaken from the slumber of death should their descendants need aid. Since then, the Nurians have regularly called upon their sleeping god-kings and god-queens for protection. Along with the major gods of the Nurian pantheon, these ancient rulers have watched over their kingdom before the time of the titans, from the days of the lost civilization of Ankeshel to the present day.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

  12. #3152
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Vritra View Post
    Hurray for using bows so I could ignore the can't advance due to fear part, I think we might have died otherwise.
    Yeah, you dealt quite a bit of damage with the ranged attack version of Power Attack! Risky, but effective.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

  13. #3153
    Chainsaw God DarkMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Loli Panteon.
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,545
    Our party went with Smite + "So how dose the lightning work underwater?"
    Last edited by DarkMAN; August 2nd, 2018 at 01:39 AM.
    Trapped within my fierce desire, resistance is futile. Screaming for your life, nowhere to hide,
    Tonight we cross the line, your innocence is mine!

  14. #3154
    The lucky GM dice roll

    - - - Updated - - -

    Victory was on our side the whole time
    Seibah is the greatest, excsicu...calibah!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •