View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 163 of 242 FirstFirst ... 63113153158161162163164165168173213 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Based on what you're saying, the wizard player didn't get mad -- he leaned into the Charm Person (no trying to weasel out if it with stuff like "what is a friendly acquaintance" type stuff), so he was probably just doing good RP.

The players might just be the kind of group that like to stir up a lot of trouble amongst each other. However, even so, that kind of thing can get tiring even with a group that enjoys it, so you should talk to them and find out.

In other news, my google doc for the next game might be done this weekend.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

?!?!?!??!?!

Hype, dread, excitement

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh woah
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries

The Ark of Hope
    Against the black sea of stars, a ball of flame hurtled towards Midgard, hanging in the sky like a red sun. On closer inspection, that ball was no sphere, but a roiling cluster of devils straight from the Nine Hells themselves.

That was the image flickering in the massive palantir in the Emperor’s throne room, enabled by the court’s scrying magicks.

It was just as the prophecy from generations ago had foretold. Countless devils would fall upon Midgard and incinerate it.

The Emperor looked out from his balcony above the city, watching it burn amidst riots. With doomsday upon them, the world was in chaos.

A last glimpse to steel his resolve, before the king turned to his men.

“It is the last hope left to us now. The Ark. Go, and prepare.”

The prophecy had spoken of a shelter made to withstand the invasion, built in the ruins of Caelmaran. It had been lost in the great Mage Wars of the Wasted West, but now, in their time of need, it had been found once again.

A great sanctuary to house the spirits of those who could survive humanity’s end and carry its dreams forward into the future.

At the Emperor’s word, lawful demiliches encased the souls of the willing into Soul Shards that would house their spirits.

Somebody would have to take those Soul Shards through the nightmarish realm of the Wasted West, and reclaim what became known as the Ark of Hope. They would shepherd the last souls of mankind before the rest were lost to invasion.

The Soul Shards would be absorbed into the Ark, and kept safe until a future time came.

Many were sent to claim it, but none were successful. At the best of times, it would have been a suicide mission.

Now it is the eve of the apocalypse. The Devil Sun draws closer than it ever has before, and will make landfall at midnight.

Though Midgard is doomed, the Ark of Hope will ensure that at least a minority will escape that infernal fate.

You have been brought together as the last willing group that has not given up to despair, called the Last Stewards, who will shepherd humanity's exodus. Your reputations have preceded you, and once again the hope of the people rests on your shoulders.

The Emperor’s mages have pinpointed the general location of the Ark of Hope and can teleport you within distance of it.

Everything rests on your shoulders.

Welcome back, folks, to the next game, Ark of Hope. It takes place in the same setting as Menet-Ka's Grasp: Midgard.

Menet-Ka leaned in the direction of a gritty, survivalist killer dungeon. This time, it'll still be challenging, but we're going in the opposite direction with a heroic narrative that puts emphasis on story. In other words, the game isn't about a bunch of nobodies scrabbling for treasure but about heroes stepping up during doomsday. In either case, it will still be a dungeon crawl, and coming out the other end alive will be questionable.

Tone wise, this has been compared to Heaven's Feel.

For the character creation requirements and setting information, check the Google Doc I've put together for this game.

This game will be a bit more roleplay heavy.

If I was to compare it to Menet Ka...

MENET-KA
    Combat: 8/10
    Exploration: 8/10
    Roleplaying: 3/10

ARK OF HOPE
    Combat: 8/10
    Exploration: 8/10
    Roleplaying: 5/10

This is my rough estimate of how much of each element is present in each. Combat and roleplaying should be an obvious category, but "exploration" involves the part of D&D that includes lore, languages, traps, investigations, puzzles, riddles, travel, that sort of thing.

If you're interested in playing, just sign up here, and take a look at the Google Doc.

It will be a while before any games actually happen, but consider this your chance to think of your ideas. You may re-use your character from Menet-Ka -- if they survived. I still have to decide whether or not I will use the same groups as before, or scramble them.

I will wait and see who signs up before making a decision.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

its heeeeerrrrrreeeeee

Blog Entries
    I am so in. Dreading it but excited.
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

me me me

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    i shall RETURN

Here's to the hope of not dying!

time for more shenanigans
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

sign me up for fire elemental cfa: the revenge: gold edition
    TAKE IT ♂ BOY

I'm down for more
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    In case my previous post wasn't official enough, I'm singing up. And I'm bringing Laisis back.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Sign me up, Mac! I want to play as Thorvald again, too, but can I tweak a few things now that I have a bit more experience with 5E?

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Yes. You will also be able to carry over the treasure you found. We will have to review the logs and check that at some point.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, I'm definitely in! Not available until after the 10th of Oct tho (exam cramming)

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Yes. You will also be able to carry over the treasure you found. We will have to review the logs and check that at some point.
    Including Wasif's ashes? :-P

Oh, serious question: is it possible for Thorvald to have brought Naamah back in the interim? Even if she doesn't take part in the adventure?

Ah, you also want to save wasif?

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Ah, you also want to save wasif?
    Yeah, we carried his ashes with us. We figured his kin would probably spring for a True Resurrection, if available.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bang, bang, bang, pull my devilsun trigger.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless