View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 4.55%
  • 2e

1 2.27%
  • 3.5e

8 18.18%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

6 13.64%
  • PF

12 27.27%
  • 4e

4 9.09%
  • 5e

11 25.00%
Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129134137138139
Results 2,761 to 2,768 of 2768

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

JP Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    you asked for this five
    I did, and it is good. Thank you!

It's interesting to me, how D&D is ostensibly, or at least popularly, "medieval (European) fantasy" when it seems more to take place in an analogue to the early Renaissance, yet with distinctly post-Westphalian concepts and structure. The strange union of late feudal polities and modern-lens political and military writing is unique and in its own way charming.
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Are Paladins generally considered representatives of law and justice, free to be judge, jury, and executioner with that trust invested in them, or are they more like freelancing good guys like the rest of the classes?
    From what I remember of most D&D settings, they're freelancers unless they belong to specific organisations which are generally limited in scope and / or area of influence, such as the Knights of Solamnia.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Congrats dude! My last campaign kind fell apart because the players moved all over the country, some were to busy to play while others simply lost the passion for it which was a shame really. On the other hand I'll be DM'ing for a new group and taking place in the Critical Role setting.

So for something inspired by KanColle, how did it all conclude?
    It would take too long to summarize the whole sequence of events, but anyway: They destroyed Yathaiocta, the Lovecraftian monstrosity whose emanations allowed shipgirls and all sorts of weird stuff to exist. The "final boss" was IJN Satsuki, who had been the PCs' main NPC ally throughout the whole campaign, and she basically got them to do everything she needed to complete her plot to kill herself and all other things born of Yathaiocta. Only two shipgirls survived: HMS Cyclops, who the PCs liked a lot and went through great efforts to protect, and IJN Kisaragi, who basically blackmailed her sister into ensuring she survived at the end.

It was pretty ridiculous, but having "bullshit alien abomination powers" at hand allowed me to come up with all sorts of different challenges, and some very spectacular encounters.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I did, and it is good. Thank you!

It's interesting to me, how D&D is ostensibly, or at least popularly, "medieval (European) fantasy" when it seems more to take place in an analogue to the early Renaissance, yet with distinctly post-Westphalian concepts and structure. The strange union of late feudal polities and modern-lens political and military writing is unique and in its own way charming.
    D&D has always been more of a fantasy analogue of the American Wild West with medieval trappings.

Paladin = Lone Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    From what I remember of most D&D settings, they're freelancers unless they belong to specific organisations which are generally limited in scope and / or area of influence, such as the Knights of Solamnia.
    Yeah, after comparing it to Faerun itself and how I've treated them implicitly during my games, that's the answer I arrived at. They're more like superheroes; good guys that work on their own but help law enforcement.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    KT is a rolling god

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    by request
    Blog Entries
    Reminds me of a game where I was trying to climb over a wall. Only needed to roll an 8, failed 5 times in a row, 2 times so bad that I knocked the wind out of myself falling down, wasting a turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Gdi

One of the homebrew subclasses I was working on was basically done in January's Unearthed Arcana

I was making a 'Circle of Decay' and they came out with 'Circle of Spores' and tied it to mushrooms for much more thematic fit

I just wanted my blight droods...

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I swear, my rolls are cursed. Every time.